|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 8, 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tituba's story is intended to be perceived in what way?
(a) Folk lore.
(b) Purely non-fiction.
2. Which adjective describes the transport ship captain's attitude toward Tituba?
3. Why is Benjamin the victim of attacks?
(a) He is Jewish.
(b) He is a practicing mysticist.
(c) He is an atheist.
(d) He has red hair.
4. Which of the following describes Benjamin's family?
(a) They were all accused of witchcraft.
(b) They all hate Tituba.
(c) They are Christians.
(d) They do not speak English.
5. Benjamin thinks that he is being punished for what reason?
(a) Being a bad person.
(b) Not giving Tituba freedom.
(c) Not practicing Christianity.
(d) Physically attacking his children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tituba's identity humiliated by when she is on the ship to America?
2. How does Conde portray Christianity?
3. What is Ms. Endicott's first name?
4. Whom does Tituba reject the support of?
5. John's desire for survival is an example of which literary device?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)