|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 8, 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is presented as the most oppressive type of person?
(a) Middle-aged white women.
(b) Slave owners.
(c) Those who believe in a religious deity.
(d) White male Christians.
2. Who tells Tituba that all blacks face misfortune?
(a) John Indian.
3. John's desire for survival is an example of which literary device?
4. What is Tituba's identity humiliated by when she is on the ship to America?
(a) Her lack of a father.
(b) Her relationship with Yaya and Abena.
(c) Her lack of religion.
(d) Her love for John.
5. Which of the following describes Benjamin's family?
(a) They are Christians.
(b) They were all accused of witchcraft.
(c) They all hate Tituba.
(d) They do not speak English.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Abigail throw a fit that Betsey does not?
2. Tituba tells Benjamin that she hopes to return to which location?
3. Which adjective describes the transport ship captain's attitude toward Tituba?
4. Whom does Tituba reject the support of?
5. Which word best describes Ms. Endicott?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)