1. In what century was Tituba on trial for witchcraft?
2. What is the primary thematic concern of this text?
(a) The power of prejudice.
(c) The significance of romantic love.
3. What cycle does the text refer to?
(a) Love to hate to friendship.
(b) Child to mother to elder.
(c) Normal to paranormal.
(d) Birth to death to rebirth.
4. What is the name of the African-American activist in the Forward?
(a) Amanda Dunkirk.
(b) Ariana Dust.
(c) Angela Davis.
(d) Alisha Daniels.
5. The activist in the Forward describes the book as which of the following?
(a) Tituba's statement of love.
(b) Tituba's life's work.
(c) Tituba's revenge.
(d) A document of Tituba's faith.
6. How does the author describe Tituba's spiritualism?
7. What relationship does Maryse Conde claim to have with Tituba?
(a) Tituba talks to her.
(b) Tituba disapproves of her work.
(c) Tituba has no relationship with her because she is dead.
(d) Tituba is a part of her.
This section contains 2,658 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)