|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the divorce final between Ike and Tina?
2. Where did the Revue hit the big time in 1969?
3. When did Tina make a break from Ike?
4. In what city did Ike and Tina have a scheduled appearance in July, 1976?
5. Which rock star invited Tina to sing with him on a Saturday Night Live appearance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What changes did Davies advise Tina to make in her act?
2. What were the circumstances around Tina's abortion?
3. Who was Phil Spector and what was his position in the music world in the 1960s?
4. What song became Ike and Tina's last hit together?
5. How did Ike and Tina begin a professional relationship with Phil Spector?
6. How did Buddhism help Tina begin to heal her life?
7. What were the circumstances around Tina's suicide attempt?
8. What was meant by the term "black rock"?
9. How did Tina inform Ike that she wanted a divorce and how did she take care of herself in the meantime?
10. Although "River Deep-Mountain High" was a flop in America, it was a hit in Europe and launched what phase of Tina's life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Tina admitted that she should not have stayed with Ike as long as she did because of the abuse. Why did Tina stay after she was abused the first time? What was her internal need that would allow her to be abused on a regular basis? What would Tina advise a woman today if she were to find herself in a toxic relationship? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Hatred takes on an almost human persona in second part of the book. What was the source of the hatred? Why was the hatred pervasive? What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 3
Name three hallmarks of popular culture from the 1960s. Describe the movements or trends and give some rationale for their popularity. Why did they ultimately die out? Explain.
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)