|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What intrigued Spector about Ike and Tina's show?
2. Where did the Revue hit the big time in 1969?
3. What took over Ike's life in the Seventies?
4. When was the divorce final between Ike and Tina?
5. Ike and Tina open for which headliner in Las Vegas in 1969?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Ike's abuse escalating out of control?
2. Even though they are playing in Las Vegas, why did Ike and Tina still fall short of superstar status?
3. What was Ike's behavior when he realized that Tina was not coming back to him?
4. What did a psychic tell Tina about her career?
5. How did Tina finally secure a record contract with Capitol Records as a single artist?
6. Who became Tina's new manager and where did her career as a single performer launch?
7. Describe Ike's deterioration in light of Tina's success in TOMMY?
8. How did Tina's career begin to transition after her divorce from Ike?
9. What were the circumstances around Tina's abortion?
10. How did Ike and Tina begin a professional relationship with Phil Spector?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Hatred takes on an almost human persona in second part of the book. What was the source of the hatred? Why was the hatred pervasive? What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 2
The theme of struggling with personal identity is an important one in this book. Describe how it extends through setting, characters and issues and provide examples for each.
Essay Topic 3
Why were Ike and Tina very popular in Europe even when they were not as hot in America? What were European audiences appreciating in their style that Americans were not? Why was Tina so comfortable in Europe, enough so that she relocated there permanently? Explain.
This section contains 1,044 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)