|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did Tina's lawyer demand in her divorce from Ike?
2. Which record label finally agreed to record Tina as a single act?
3. Which group invited Ike and Tina to go on tour?
4. Where did Tina stay the night she ran away from Ike?
5. How much time did Ike allow Tina to recover from her drug overdose before putting her back onstage?
Essay Topic 1
Ike and Tina's careers blossomed in the 1960s, a time of great upheaval in America. What were the issues facing black people in the 1960s? How were Ike and Tina discriminated against in their career? What impact did the Civil Rights movement have on their lives short term and long term? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Tina is very forthcoming about her premarital sexual relations and an abortion. Why did Tina make those decisions that she did? What would Tina advise young women today regarding such important life decisions? Would Tina make the same choices today if she had to do it all over again? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Tina Turner. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What is her primary motivation at this point in her life?
This section contains 1,134 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)