Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following starred in the movie, TOMMY, with Tina?
2. What is the state of Ike and Tina's live appearances in the mid Seventies?
3. Where did Ike find Tina when she was trying to run away from him?
4. What did Tina buy with money she stole from Ike's wallet one day?
5. Which of these did Tina's new manager tell her to abandon?
Essay Topic 1
Tina Turner was no stranger to hurt and pain. From what you know of Tina's life through this book, what were her biggest sorrows and worst betrayals? How did she manage through them? How did her coping skills evidence themselves in many aspects of her life? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Hatred takes on an almost human persona in second part of the book. What was the source of the hatred? Why was the hatred pervasive? What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 3
Tina admitted that she should not have stayed with Ike as long as she did because of the abuse. Why did Tina stay after she was abused the first time? What was her internal need that would allow her to be abused on a regular basis? What would Tina advise a woman today if she were to find herself in a toxic relationship? Explain.
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)