|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What magazine published an account of Ike and Tina's life that infuriated Ike?
2. Where did Tina fly to the day after she left Ike in Dallas?
3. Who did Tina order to move out of her house?
4. What did Tina do when she found out that Ann Thomas was also pregnant with Ike's child?
5. How much money did Tina earn for her five-week tour in South Africa?
Short Essay Questions
1. Although "River Deep-Mountain High" was a flop in America, it was a hit in Europe and launched what phase of Tina's life?
2. How did Tina inform Ike that she wanted a divorce and how did she take care of herself in the meantime?
3. How did Ike's cocaine habit worsen his physical abuse of people?
4. What were the circumstances around Tina's abortion?
5. What was the state of Ike and Tina's career in the mid 1970s?
6. Who became Tina's new manager and where did her career as a single performer launch?
7. How did Tina manage to get away from Ike in Dallas?
8. What was Tina's role in TOMMY and who were some of the other stars involved?
9. How did Buddhism help Tina begin to heal her life?
10. What were the circumstances around Tina's suicide attempt?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Tina admitted that she should not have stayed with Ike as long as she did because of the abuse. Why did Tina stay after she was abused the first time? What was her internal need that would allow her to be abused on a regular basis? What would Tina advise a woman today if she were to find herself in a toxic relationship? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Tina Turner was no stranger to hurt and pain. From what you know of Tina's life through this book, what were her biggest sorrows and worst betrayals? How did she manage through them? How did her coping skills evidence themselves in many aspects of her life? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
From what you can glean from Tina's descriptions of her mother? Create a brief character study of Tina's mother. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were some of her negative characteristics? What were her hopes and fears? What made her abandon her daughters? How did she reconcile with them? What emotional damage was done? Explain.
This section contains 987 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)