|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what countries was Tina's music still popular?
2. In the Seventies, Ike and Tina ___________________.
3. What song became Ike and Tina's biggest hit?
4. What religion intrigued Tina during the Seventies?
5. Which of the following starred in the movie, TOMMY, with Tina?
Short Essay Questions
1. Even though they are playing in Las Vegas, why did Ike and Tina still fall short of superstar status?
2. What was Tina's role in TOMMY and who were some of the other stars involved?
3. What were the circumstances around Tina's abortion?
4. What were the circumstances around Tina's suicide attempt?
5. What song became Ike and Tina's last hit together?
6. Describe Ike's deterioration in light of Tina's success in TOMMY?
7. What was meant by the term "black rock"?
8. What changes did Davies advise Tina to make in her act?
9. What was the state of Ike and Tina's career in the mid 1970s?
10. How did Buddhism help Tina begin to heal her life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
From what you can glean from Tina's descriptions of her mother? Create a brief character study of Tina's mother. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were some of her negative characteristics? What were her hopes and fears? What made her abandon her daughters? How did she reconcile with them? What emotional damage was done? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the cultural climate in America in the late 1950s and why the time was right for Ike and Tina's music to emerge. What were the rebellious trends coming out of California at the time? Why was black music considered elite among young white kids during this time?
Essay Topic 3
Tina admitted that she should not have stayed with Ike as long as she did because of the abuse. Why did Tina stay after she was abused the first time? What was her internal need that would allow her to be abused on a regular basis? What would Tina advise a woman today if she were to find herself in a toxic relationship? Explain.
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)