|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the friend that Tina went to see after leaving Ike?
2. When did Tina begin to feel a change within herself?
3. Which of the following did Tina's lawyer demand in her divorce from Ike?
4. Which of the following did Ike usually carry with him?
5. Who was the boy genius of the musical world in the Sixties?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Ike's behavior when he realized that Tina was not coming back to him?
2. What was meant by the term "black rock"?
3. What changes did Davies advise Tina to make in her act?
4. How did Tina's career begin to transition after her divorce from Ike?
5. How did Tina inform Ike that she wanted a divorce and how did she take care of herself in the meantime?
6. How did Ike and Tina begin a professional relationship with Phil Spector?
7. What was the state of Ike and Tina's career in the mid 1970s?
8. What were the circumstances around Tina's abortion?
9. Even though they are playing in Las Vegas, why did Ike and Tina still fall short of superstar status?
10. What song became Ike and Tina's last hit together?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Name three hallmarks of popular culture from the 1960s. Describe the movements or trends and give some rationale for their popularity. Why did they ultimately die out? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the cultural climate in America in the late 1950s and why the time was right for Ike and Tina's music to emerge. What were the rebellious trends coming out of California at the time? Why was black music considered elite among young white kids during this time?
Essay Topic 3
Why were Ike and Tina very popular in Europe even when they were not as hot in America? What were European audiences appreciating in their style that Americans were not? Why was Tina so comfortable in Europe, enough so that she relocated there permanently? Explain.
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)