|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Tina get a private suite and security at another hotel with no money?
2. Where did Ike brutally beat Tina during their Dallas appearance?
3. Which rock star convinced Capitol Records execs to accompany him to Tina's performance at the Ritz?
4. Where did Tina stay the night she ran away from Ike?
5. Which of the following starred in the movie, TOMMY, with Tina?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Tina Turner. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What is her primary motivation at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 2
Ike and Tina's careers blossomed in the 1960s, a time of great upheaval in America. What were the issues facing black people in the 1960s? How were Ike and Tina discriminated against in their career? What impact did the Civil Rights movement have on their lives short term and long term? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the significance of the book's title. What does she mean by calling it I, TINA? What is she trying to emphasize with this emphatic style? Suggest three alternate titles for this book with supporting rationale for each one.
This section contains 1,142 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)