|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drug was Ike using regularly during this period?
2. What role did Tina play in TOMMY?
3. What did Tina do for the first time after Ike brutally beat her in Dallas?
4. Who was the friend that Tina went to see after leaving Ike?
5. What magazine published an account of Ike and Tina's life that infuriated Ike?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Ike's deterioration in light of Tina's success in TOMMY?
2. What was Tina's role in TOMMY and who were some of the other stars involved?
3. How did Ike and Tina begin a professional relationship with Phil Spector?
4. What was Ike's behavior when he realized that Tina was not coming back to him?
5. What was the state of Ike and Tina's career in the mid 1970s?
6. Although "River Deep-Mountain High" was a flop in America, it was a hit in Europe and launched what phase of Tina's life?
7. How did Tina finally secure a record contract with Capitol Records as a single artist?
8. How did Ike's beatings of Tina escalate?
9. Who was Phil Spector and what was his position in the music world in the 1960s?
10. How did Tina's career begin to transition after her divorce from Ike?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The theme of struggling with personal identity is an important one in this book. Describe how it extends through setting, characters and issues and provide examples for each.
Essay Topic 2
The search for love is an important element in Tina's life. How was Tina isolated as a child? How did she feel about her strained relationship with her mother? Why did she get involved with Ike Turner? Is there a pattern in Tina's destructive life choices? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
From what you can glean from Tina's descriptions of her mother? Create a brief character study of Tina's mother. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were some of her negative characteristics? What were her hopes and fears? What made her abandon her daughters? How did she reconcile with them? What emotional damage was done? Explain.
This section contains 1,073 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)