|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The addition of rock songs into Ike and Tina's R&B sounds was called __________________.
2. Which of the following starred in the movie, TOMMY, with Tina?
3. Who was the boy genius of the musical world in the Sixties?
4. In what city did Ike and Tina have a scheduled appearance in July, 1976?
5. Which of the following characterizes Tina's feelings about Ike during this period?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Buddhism help Tina begin to heal her life?
2. What was Ike's behavior when he realized that Tina was not coming back to him?
3. Even though they are playing in Las Vegas, why did Ike and Tina still fall short of superstar status?
4. How did Ike's beatings of Tina escalate?
5. How did Tina's career begin to transition after her divorce from Ike?
6. Who became Tina's new manager and where did her career as a single performer launch?
7. What did a psychic tell Tina about her career?
8. What did Tina do for the first time in Dallas in July of 1976?
9. How did Ike's cocaine habit worsen his physical abuse of people?
10. What was Tina's role in TOMMY and who were some of the other stars involved?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What impact did Tina's estranged relationship with her mother have on Tina's life? What emotional wounds did Tina suffer? How did the rejection by her mother impact Tina's relationships with other people? Was it part of Tina's inability to stand up to Ike and stop the abuse? Did Tina feel like she deserved to be abused because she was unworthy? State your opinion.
Essay Topic 2
Hatred takes on an almost human persona in second part of the book. What was the source of the hatred? Why was the hatred pervasive? What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 3
Why were Ike and Tina very popular in Europe even when they were not as hot in America? What were European audiences appreciating in their style that Americans were not? Why was Tina so comfortable in Europe, enough so that she relocated there permanently? Explain.
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)