|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What took over Ike's life in the Seventies?
2. What did Tina discover that she and Ann Thomas had in common during this time?
3. What did Tina do to help stay calm?
4. Who was the boy genius of the musical world in the Sixties?
5. What happens to Ike from his drug use?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Phil Spector and what was his position in the music world in the 1960s?
2. How did Rhonda Graam try to help Tina get work and what was the major stumbling block?
3. How did Davies manage to get Tina's single career launched in the United States?
4. How did Tina inform Ike that she wanted a divorce and how did she take care of herself in the meantime?
5. How did Buddhism help Tina begin to heal her life?
6. How was Tina able to get a hotel room in Dallas with no money?
7. How did Ike's cocaine habit worsen his physical abuse of people?
8. What were the circumstances around Tina's suicide attempt?
9. What was meant by the term "black rock"?
10. How did Tina manage to get away from Ike in Dallas?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What impact did Tina's estranged relationship with her mother have on Tina's life? What emotional wounds did Tina suffer? How did the rejection by her mother impact Tina's relationships with other people? Was it part of Tina's inability to stand up to Ike and stop the abuse? Did Tina feel like she deserved to be abused because she was unworthy? State your opinion.
Essay Topic 2
From what you can glean from Tina's descriptions of her mother? Create a brief character study of Tina's mother. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were some of her negative characteristics? What were her hopes and fears? What made her abandon her daughters? How did she reconcile with them? What emotional damage was done? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Tina admitted that she should not have stayed with Ike as long as she did because of the abuse. Why did Tina stay after she was abused the first time? What was her internal need that would allow her to be abused on a regular basis? What would Tina advise a woman today if she were to find herself in a toxic relationship? Explain.
This section contains 1,123 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)