|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what countries was Tina's music still popular?
2. What song did Spector want Tina to record?
3. What was the state of Ike and Tina's record sales during the mid Seventies?
4. What was the name of the last Top 30 hit that Ike and Tina had together?
5. Which New York hotel finally agreed to let Tina perform?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Ike's abuse escalating out of control?
2. What was the state of Ike and Tina's career in the mid 1970s?
3. What changes did Davies advise Tina to make in her act?
4. How was Tina able to get a hotel room in Dallas with no money?
5. How did Tina manage to get away from Ike in Dallas?
6. What were the circumstances of Tina's falling ill with tuberculosis?
7. How did Rhonda Graam try to help Tina get work and what was the major stumbling block?
8. How did Ike's cocaine habit worsen his physical abuse of people?
9. What was Ike's behavior when he realized that Tina was not coming back to him?
10. How did Buddhism help Tina begin to heal her life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Hatred takes on an almost human persona in second part of the book. What was the source of the hatred? Why was the hatred pervasive? What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 2
Explain why Tina was such a sensation during the 1960s. What was it about her talent and style that was so distinctive? How was she different from so many of the other girls on the music scene at the time? How much of Tina's performance was inherent and how much was for show?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the cultural climate in America in the late 1950s and why the time was right for Ike and Tina's music to emerge. What were the rebellious trends coming out of California at the time? Why was black music considered elite among young white kids during this time?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)