|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What took over Ike's life in the Seventies?
2. How long did it take Tina to recover from pneumonia?
3. Which Otis Redding hit did Tina record that made it big?
4. Which rock star invited Tina to sing with him on a Saturday Night Live appearance?
5. Which country did Tina instantly fall in love with while on tour?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the circumstances around Tina's abortion?
2. What was the state of Ike and Tina's career in the mid 1970s?
3. What did a psychic tell Tina about her career?
4. How did Davies manage to get Tina's single career launched in the United States?
5. How did Tina manage to get away from Ike in Dallas?
6. How did Ike and Tina begin a professional relationship with Phil Spector?
7. What was meant by the term "black rock"?
8. How did Tina's career begin to transition after her divorce from Ike?
9. What song became Ike and Tina's last hit together?
10. How did Tina inform Ike that she wanted a divorce and how did she take care of herself in the meantime?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the book's title. What does she mean by calling it I, TINA? What is she trying to emphasize with this emphatic style? Suggest three alternate titles for this book with supporting rationale for each one.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the impact that Ike's childhood had on him as an adult. What did it mean to be poor and black in the 1930s in America? What stigmas did Ike live with for his entire life? How did Ike attempt to level the racial discrimination playing field in his adult life?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the overall setting and time period for Tina's childhood. What was America like during this time period? What was the American South like during this time period? How important are the time period and setting to the attitudes and issues of Tina, her family and friends?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)