|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which record label finally agreed to record Tina as a single act?
2. Which of the following is true of Ronnie after his parents' divorce?
3. In what countries was Tina's music still popular?
4. What role did Tina play in TOMMY?
5. Which of these did Tina's new manager tell her to abandon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Even though they are playing in Las Vegas, why did Ike and Tina still fall short of superstar status?
2. How did Rhonda Graam try to help Tina get work and what was the major stumbling block?
3. How did Ike and Tina begin a professional relationship with Phil Spector?
4. What were the circumstances around Tina's abortion?
5. What were the circumstances around Tina's suicide attempt?
6. How was Ike's abuse escalating out of control?
7. How did Tina finally secure a record contract with Capitol Records as a single artist?
8. How did Ike's cocaine habit worsen his physical abuse of people?
9. What was Ike's behavior when he realized that Tina was not coming back to him?
10. What did a psychic tell Tina about her career?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Tina Turner. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What is her primary motivation at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 2
Why were Ike and Tina very popular in Europe even when they were not as hot in America? What were European audiences appreciating in their style that Americans were not? Why was Tina so comfortable in Europe, enough so that she relocated there permanently? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Name three hallmarks of popular culture from the 1960s. Describe the movements or trends and give some rationale for their popularity. Why did they ultimately die out? Explain.
This section contains 1,128 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)