|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the last Top 30 hit that Ike and Tina had together?
2. Which of these did Tina's new manager tell her to abandon?
3. What intrigued Spector about Ike and Tina's show?
4. Why did Tina order Ann Thomas to move out of her house?
5. Why did musicians stop renting Ike's studios?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the cultural climate in America in the late 1950s and why the time was right for Ike and Tina's music to emerge. What were the rebellious trends coming out of California at the time? Why was black music considered elite among young white kids during this time?
Essay Topic 2
Name three hallmarks of popular culture from the 1960s. Describe the movements or trends and give some rationale for their popularity. Why did they ultimately die out? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Prejudice and discrimination against Negroes was a fact of life during Tina's childhood and early career. What limitations did Tina struggle against? How did racial discrimination hold her back? How did Ike and Tina capitalize on being black in the music world? What prejudices did they experience even when they were celebrities? Explain.
This section contains 1,142 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)