Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Tina when she got pregnant?
2. What song did Ike write for someone else and Tina ended up doing the demo?
3. To what city does Tina travel to visit her parents while they are working away?
4. What does Tina love about going to her grandmother's Pentecostal Church?
5. Who was the young girl that Ike brought in to watch the kids and keep house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Rhonda Graam and what was her role in Ike and Tina's life?
2. How did Tina inform Ike that she wanted a divorce and how did she take care of herself in the meantime?
3. How did Ike meet Tina?
4. Where did the Bullock family live after the jobs ended in Nashville?
5. Who was Phil Spector and what was his position in the music world in the 1960s?
6. What did a psychic tell Tina about her career?
7. What was the nature of Tina's relationship with Harry Taylor?
8. How did Tina manage to get away from Ike in Dallas?
9. What were the circumstances under which Ike first beat Tina?
10. What was Tina Turner's given name and where was she born?
Tina Turner was no stranger to hurt and pain. From what you know of Tina's life through this book, what were her biggest sorrows and worst betrayals? How did she manage through them? How did her coping skills evidence themselves in many aspects of her life? Explain.
The theme of struggling with personal identity is an important one in this book. Describe how it extends through setting, characters and issues and provide examples for each.
Describe the overall setting and time period for Tina's childhood. What was America like during this time period? What was the American South like during this time period? How important are the time period and setting to the attitudes and issues of Tina, her family and friends?
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)