|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Tina hospitalized which ended up stressing Ike?
2. Why did Bonnie not last as an Ikette?
3. What type of music did Tina like during this time?
4. Where did Ike want to move to become a big star?
5. Where did Ike and Tina get married?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Ike meet Tina?
2. How did Ike form his group, the Kings of Rhythm, and what influence did B.B. King have on his career?
3. What were the circumstances under which Ike first beat Tina?
4. What was Ike Turner's given name and where was he born?
5. What was Tina Turner's given name and where was she born?
6. Describe Tina's older sister.
7. How did Tina meet Ike Turner?
8. What happened the first and only time Ike hired a white girl to be an Ikette?
9. Who was Rhonda Graam and what was her role in Ike and Tina's life?
10. What did Tina like about staying with her grandmother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Tina Turner. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What is her primary motivation at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the role of women in the rural South in the mid-twentieth century. What precedents did they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions did they have? What freedoms did they have that 21st century women do not have? What belief system about black women would Tina have carried with her throughout her life? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
From what you can glean from Tina's descriptions of her mother? Create a brief character study of Tina's mother. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were some of her negative characteristics? What were her hopes and fears? What made her abandon her daughters? How did she reconcile with them? What emotional damage was done? Explain.
This section contains 1,026 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)