|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Tina hospitalized which ended up stressing Ike?
2. What did Ike do when some boys harassed Bonnie in Kentucky?
3. Who is the father of Tina's child?
4. Who was the young girl that Ike brought in to watch the kids and keep house?
5. Who is Tina's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Tina's older sister.
2. What were the circumstances of Ike and Tina's marriage?
3. What song became Ike and Tina's last hit together?
4. What was Ike and Tina's household like in Los Angeles?
5. How did Ike's beatings of Tina escalate?
6. What was the source of detachment that Tina felt from her mother?
7. What was Tina Turner's given name and where was she born?
8. How did wigs become a signature part of Tina's act?
9. Where did the Bullock family live after the jobs ended in Nashville?
10. How did Tina finally secure a record contract with Capitol Records as a single artist?
Essay Topic 1
Explain why Tina was such a sensation during the 1960s. What was it about her talent and style that was so distinctive? How was she different from so many of the other girls on the music scene at the time? How much of Tina's performance was inherent and how much was for show?
Essay Topic 2
From what you can glean from Tina's descriptions of her mother? Create a brief character study of Tina's mother. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were some of her negative characteristics? What were her hopes and fears? What made her abandon her daughters? How did she reconcile with them? What emotional damage was done? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Name three hallmarks of popular culture from the 1960s. Describe the movements or trends and give some rationale for their popularity. Why did they ultimately die out? Explain.
This section contains 1,772 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)