|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What substance did Ike begin to use during this period?
2. Who was the first boy Tina loved?
3. What was Tina Turner's given name?
4. Who had also moved in with Tina's mother?
5. Who is the white girl Ike hired to be an Ikette?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Ann Cain and what role did she have in Ike and Tina's life?
2. What were the circumstances under which Anna Mae transitioned into Tina Turner?
3. Who was Rhonda Graam and what was her role in Ike and Tina's life?
4. Where did the Bullock family live after the jobs ended in Nashville?
5. What roles did Ike and Tina assume in the revue when they moved to Los Angeles?
6. Why did Ike and his band settle in St. Louis, Missouri?
7. What was Ike Turner's given name and where was he born?
8. How did Tina meet her first love, Harry Taylor?
9. How did Ike meet Tina?
10. Describe Tina's older sister.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the overall setting and time period for Tina's childhood. What was America like during this time period? What was the American South like during this time period? How important are the time period and setting to the attitudes and issues of Tina, her family and friends?
Essay Topic 2
Hatred takes on an almost human persona in second part of the book. What was the source of the hatred? Why was the hatred pervasive? What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 3
The search for love is an important element in Tina's life. How was Tina isolated as a child? How did she feel about her strained relationship with her mother? Why did she get involved with Ike Turner? Is there a pattern in Tina's destructive life choices? Explain.
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)