|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the father of Tina's child?
2. What did Tina throw at Ann Cain one night?
3. Who was the first boy Tina loved?
4. How can Tina best be characterized as a child?
5. To what city does Tina travel to visit her parents while they are working away?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Ann Cain and what role did she have in Ike and Tina's life?
2. What was the extent of Ike's infidelity?
3. How did Ike form his group, the Kings of Rhythm, and what influence did B.B. King have on his career?
4. What was the nature of Tina's relationship with Harry Taylor?
5. How did Ike meet Tina?
6. Where did the Bullock family live after the jobs ended in Nashville?
7. What type of music did Tina like during high school in the 1950s?
8. Describe Tina's older sister.
9. What were the circumstances under which Anna Mae transitioned into Tina Turner?
10. What happened the first and only time Ike hired a white girl to be an Ikette?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What impact did Tina's estranged relationship with her mother have on Tina's life? What emotional wounds did Tina suffer? How did the rejection by her mother impact Tina's relationships with other people? Was it part of Tina's inability to stand up to Ike and stop the abuse? Did Tina feel like she deserved to be abused because she was unworthy? State your opinion.
Essay Topic 2
Tina admitted that she should not have stayed with Ike as long as she did because of the abuse. Why did Tina stay after she was abused the first time? What was her internal need that would allow her to be abused on a regular basis? What would Tina advise a woman today if she were to find herself in a toxic relationship? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
The theme of struggling with personal identity is an important one in this book. Describe how it extends through setting, characters and issues and provide examples for each.
This section contains 1,103 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)