Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Tina when she got pregnant?
2. What song did Ike write for someone else and Tina ended up doing the demo?
3. To what city does Tina travel to visit her parents while they are working away?
4. What does Tina love about going to her grandmother's Pentecostal Church?
5. Who was the young girl that Ike brought in to watch the kids and keep house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Rhonda Graam and what was her role in Ike and Tina's life?
2. How did Tina inform Ike that she wanted a divorce and how did she take care of herself in the meantime?
3. How did Ike meet Tina?
4. Where did the Bullock family live after the jobs ended in Nashville?
5. Who was Phil Spector and what was his position in the music world in the 1960s?
6. What did a psychic tell Tina about her career?
7. What was the nature of Tina's relationship with Harry Taylor?
8. How did Tina manage to get away from Ike in Dallas?
9. What were the circumstances under which Ike first beat Tina?
10. What was Tina Turner's given name and where was she born?
Explain why Tina was such a sensation during the 1960s. What was it about her talent and style that was so distinctive? How was she different from so many of the other girls on the music scene at the time? How much of Tina's performance was inherent and how much was for show?
What impact did Tina's estranged relationship with her mother have on Tina's life? What emotional wounds did Tina suffer? How did the rejection by her mother impact Tina's relationships with other people? Was it part of Tina's inability to stand up to Ike and stop the abuse? Did Tina feel like she deserved to be abused because she was unworthy? State your opinion.
Create a brief character study of Tina Turner. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What is her primary motivation at this point in her life?
This section contains 1,026 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)