|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Tina when she joined the Baptist Church choir in Springdale, Tennessee?
2. How many kids were living with Ike and Tina in the Los Angeles house?
3. To what city does Tina travel to visit her parents while they are working away?
4. On what television show did Ike and Tina appear?
5. What was Tina's relationship with her sister?
Short Essay Questions
1. What roles did Ike and Tina assume in the revue when they moved to Los Angeles?
2. What type of music did Tina like during high school in the 1950s?
3. What was Ike Turner's given name and where was he born?
4. What were the circumstances under which Anna Mae transitioned into Tina Turner?
5. What was Tina Turner's given name and where was she born?
6. How did Ike form his group, the Kings of Rhythm, and what influence did B.B. King have on his career?
7. Why did Ike and his band settle in St. Louis, Missouri?
8. Where did the Bullock family live after the jobs ended in Nashville?
9. What were the circumstances under which Ike first beat Tina?
10. What did Tina like about staying with her grandmother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Name three hallmarks of popular culture from the 1960s. Describe the movements or trends and give some rationale for their popularity. Why did they ultimately die out? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Tina Turner. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What is her primary motivation at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 3
Tina is very forthcoming about her premarital sexual relations and an abortion. Why did Tina make those decisions that she did? What would Tina advise young women today regarding such important life decisions? Would Tina make the same choices today if she had to do it all over again? Explain.
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)