|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tina's son's name?
2. What did Tina think when "Fool in Love" is released by Ike and Tina Turner?
3. Why did Bonnie not last as an Ikette?
4. What abusive behavior of Ike's had Ann Cain witnessed?
5. What is the name of Tina's second child?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the state of Ike and Tina's personal relationship in Los Angeles?
2. Who was Ann Cain and what role did she have in Ike and Tina's life?
3. What did Tina like about staying with her grandmother?
4. What was the nature of Tina's relationship with Harry Taylor?
5. Where did the Bullock family live after the jobs ended in Nashville?
6. How did wigs become a signature part of Tina's act?
7. What happened the first and only time Ike hired a white girl to be an Ikette?
8. Describe Tina's older sister.
9. What was Ike and Tina's household like in Los Angeles?
10. What was Tina Turner's given name and where was she born?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The search for love is an important element in Tina's life. How was Tina isolated as a child? How did she feel about her strained relationship with her mother? Why did she get involved with Ike Turner? Is there a pattern in Tina's destructive life choices? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the cultural climate in America in the late 1950s and why the time was right for Ike and Tina's music to emerge. What were the rebellious trends coming out of California at the time? Why was black music considered elite among young white kids during this time?
Essay Topic 3
From what you can glean from Tina's descriptions of her mother? Create a brief character study of Tina's mother. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were some of her negative characteristics? What were her hopes and fears? What made her abandon her daughters? How did she reconcile with them? What emotional damage was done? Explain.
This section contains 1,070 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)