|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Tina's relationship with her mother?
2. What abusive behavior of Ike's had Ann Cain witnessed?
3. What did Tina do after Ike beat her?
4. Who was the white couple Tina worked for as a girl?
5. Who is Tina's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the circumstances of Ike and Tina's marriage?
2. Describe Tina Turner as a child.
3. What was the state of Ike and Tina's personal relationship in Los Angeles?
4. How did Tina meet Ike Turner?
5. What type of music did Tina like during high school in the 1950s?
6. What roles did Ike and Tina assume in the revue when they moved to Los Angeles?
7. Who was Rhonda Graam and what was her role in Ike and Tina's life?
8. What was Ike and Tina's household like in Los Angeles?
9. What was the extent of Ike's infidelity?
10. How did Ike meet Tina?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the overall setting and time period for Tina's childhood. What was America like during this time period? What was the American South like during this time period? How important are the time period and setting to the attitudes and issues of Tina, her family and friends?
Essay Topic 2
The search for love is an important element in Tina's life. How was Tina isolated as a child? How did she feel about her strained relationship with her mother? Why did she get involved with Ike Turner? Is there a pattern in Tina's destructive life choices? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the book. Why would black women have had lonely lives in America in the mid 20th century? Why would Tina have had an especially lonely life being the wife of Ike Turner? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
This section contains 1,029 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)