Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Tina when she got pregnant?
2. What song did Ike write for someone else and Tina ended up doing the demo?
3. To what city does Tina travel to visit her parents while they are working away?
4. What does Tina love about going to her grandmother's Pentecostal Church?
5. Who was the young girl that Ike brought in to watch the kids and keep house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Rhonda Graam and what was her role in Ike and Tina's life?
2. How did Tina inform Ike that she wanted a divorce and how did she take care of herself in the meantime?
3. How did Ike meet Tina?
4. Where did the Bullock family live after the jobs ended in Nashville?
5. Who was Phil Spector and what was his position in the music world in the 1960s?
6. What did a psychic tell Tina about her career?
7. What was the nature of Tina's relationship with Harry Taylor?
8. How did Tina manage to get away from Ike in Dallas?
9. What were the circumstances under which Ike first beat Tina?
10. What was Tina Turner's given name and where was she born?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the cultural climate in America in the late 1950s and why the time was right for Ike and Tina's music to emerge. What were the rebellious trends coming out of California at the time? Why was black music considered elite among young white kids during this time?
Essay Topic 2
The search for love is an important element in Tina's life. How was Tina isolated as a child? How did she feel about her strained relationship with her mother? Why did she get involved with Ike Turner? Is there a pattern in Tina's destructive life choices? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
From what you can glean from Tina's descriptions of her mother? Create a brief character study of Tina's mother. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were some of her negative characteristics? What were her hopes and fears? What made her abandon her daughters? How did she reconcile with them? What emotional damage was done? Explain.
This section contains 1,029 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)