|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did it take Tina to recover from pneumonia?
(a) 1 years.
(b) 6 weeks.
(c) 8 years.
(d) 8 months.
2. Which rock star convinced Capitol Records execs to accompany him to Tina's performance at the Ritz?
(a) Elton John.
(b) David Bowie.
(c) Eric Clapton.
(d) Rod Stewart.
3. How many suitcases did Tina take with her when she ran away from Ike in Dallas?
4. In what countries was Tina's music still popular?
(a) England and Australia.
(b) France and England.
(c) England and Germany.
(d) Ireland and Australia.
5. Tina got free from Ike after how many years of being with him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Tina stay in the months after she left Ike?
2. In what country was the song "River Deep-Mountain High" a big hit?
3. Which of the following was on Tina's first solo album?
4. Where did Tina do her first lengthy tour out of the country?
5. Which of the following characterizes Tina's feelings about Ike during this period?
Short Essay Questions
1. Although "River Deep-Mountain High" was a flop in America, it was a hit in Europe and launched what phase of Tina's life?
2. How did Tina inform Ike that she wanted a divorce and how did she take care of herself in the meantime?
3. How did Buddhism help Tina begin to heal her life?
4. What were the circumstances around Tina's suicide attempt?
5. Who was Phil Spector and what was his position in the music world in the 1960s?
6. What was Ike's behavior when he realized that Tina was not coming back to him?
7. What song became Ike and Tina's last hit together?
8. How did Ike's beatings of Tina escalate?
9. What was Tina's role in TOMMY and who were some of the other stars involved?
10. How did Tina finally secure a record contract with Capitol Records as a single artist?
This section contains 1,035 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)