|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many suitcases did Tina take with her when she ran away from Ike in Dallas?
2. Which of the following does Tina want to sing on stage?
(a) Hey Jude.
(b) Let It Be.
(c) Honky Tonk Women.
(d) Unchained Melody.
3. What intrigued Spector about Ike and Tina's show?
(a) The songwriting.
(b) Ike's guitar playing.
(c) The Ikettes.
(d) Tina's singing talent.
4. Who told Tina that she would become one of the biggest stars in the world and that her partner would fall away like a leaf?
(a) Jerry Mulligan.
(b) Phil Spector.
(c) A psychic.
(d) Mick Jagger.
5. What did Tina buy with money she stole from Ike's wallet one day?
(a) A wig.
(b) A massage.
(c) A ring.
(d) A dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which rock star convinced Capitol Records execs to accompany him to Tina's performance at the Ritz?
2. Where did Tina do her first lengthy tour out of the country?
3. When did Tina make a break from Ike?
4. What did Tina discover that she and Ann Thomas had in common during this time?
5. How much money did Tina have with her when she ran away from Ike in Dallas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did a psychic tell Tina about her career?
2. How did Ike's beatings of Tina escalate?
3. How did Tina finally secure a record contract with Capitol Records as a single artist?
4. How did Tina's career begin to transition after her divorce from Ike?
5. What song became Ike and Tina's last hit together?
6. What was Tina's role in TOMMY and who were some of the other stars involved?
7. What were the circumstances of Tina's falling ill with tuberculosis?
8. Even though they are playing in Las Vegas, why did Ike and Tina still fall short of superstar status?
9. Who was Phil Spector and what was his position in the music world in the 1960s?
10. How did Tina inform Ike that she wanted a divorce and how did she take care of herself in the meantime?
This section contains 1,068 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)