|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What drug did Tina take in a suicide attempt?
2. The addition of rock songs into Ike and Tina's R&B sounds was called __________________.
(a) Boogie rock.
(b) Black 'n roll.
(c) Black rock.
(d) A mistake.
3. How much money did Tina have with her when she ran away from Ike in Dallas?
(b) A couple dollars.
(c) About $100.
(d) Just a few cents.
4. Which of the following acts did Phil Spector produce?
(a) The Crystals.
(b) Elvis Presley.
(c) The Dave Clark Five.
(d) Herman's Hermits.
5. How much time did Ike allow Tina to recover from her drug overdose before putting her back onstage?
(a) One month.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Two days.
(d) Two hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tina buy with money she stole from Ike's wallet one day?
2. What magazine published an account of Ike and Tina's life that infuriated Ike?
3. What was the state of Ike and Tina's record sales during the mid Seventies?
4. Whose television special did Tina appear on during this time?
5. In what movie did Tina land a part?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Rhonda Graam try to help Tina get work and what was the major stumbling block?
2. What was meant by the term "black rock"?
3. How did Tina manage to get away from Ike in Dallas?
4. How did Buddhism help Tina begin to heal her life?
5. Describe Ike's deterioration in light of Tina's success in TOMMY?
6. What were the circumstances around Tina's abortion?
7. What was Tina's role in TOMMY and who were some of the other stars involved?
8. Although "River Deep-Mountain High" was a flop in America, it was a hit in Europe and launched what phase of Tina's life?
9. How did Tina inform Ike that she wanted a divorce and how did she take care of herself in the meantime?
10. How did Tina's career begin to transition after her divorce from Ike?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)