|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is true of Ronnie after his parents' divorce?
(a) He joined a street gang.
(b) He became a Catholic.
(c) He moved to Europe.
(d) He started doing drugs.
2. Tina got free from Ike after how many years of being with him?
3. When did Tina begin to feel a change within herself?
(a) When she gave up booze.
(b) When she had a pyschic reading.
(c) When she began chanting Buddhist prayers.
(d) When she went to a spa.
4. In what country was the song "River Deep-Mountain High" a big hit?
5. What role did Tina play in TOMMY?
(a) The reformed murderess.
(b) The whore with a heart of gold.
(c) The Acid Queen.
(d) The Queen Mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Tina stay the night she ran away from Ike?
2. Which rock star invited Tina to sing with him on a Saturday Night Live appearance?
3. Who was the boy genius of the musical world in the Sixties?
4. When did Tina make a break from Ike?
5. What song became Ike and Tina's biggest hit?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who became Tina's new manager and where did her career as a single performer launch?
2. What were the circumstances around Tina's suicide attempt?
3. What were the circumstances of Tina's falling ill with tuberculosis?
4. What was the state of Ike and Tina's career in the mid 1970s?
5. Although "River Deep-Mountain High" was a flop in America, it was a hit in Europe and launched what phase of Tina's life?
6. What was Ike's behavior when he realized that Tina was not coming back to him?
7. Describe Ike's deterioration in light of Tina's success in TOMMY?
8. How did Tina manage to get away from Ike in Dallas?
9. How did Ike and Tina begin a professional relationship with Phil Spector?
10. Even though they are playing in Las Vegas, why did Ike and Tina still fall short of superstar status?
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)