|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ike and Tina open for which headliner in Las Vegas in 1969?
(a) The Four Seasons.
(b) Frank Sinatra.
(c) Elvis Presley.
(d) Paul Anka.
2. Which Al Green song did Tina record and have a big hit?
(a) Tired of Being Alone.
(b) Let's Stay Together.
(c) Love and Happiness.
(d) I'm Still in Love with You.
3. How long did it take Tina to recover from pneumonia?
(a) 6 weeks.
(b) 8 years.
(c) 8 months.
(d) 1 years.
4. What was the name of the last Top 30 hit that Ike and Tina had together?
(a) Get Back.
(b) Proud Mary.
(c) Nutbush City Limits.
(d) Fool in Love.
5. When did Tina begin to feel a change within herself?
(a) When she had a pyschic reading.
(b) When she gave up booze.
(c) When she went to a spa.
(d) When she began chanting Buddhist prayers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drug was Ike using regularly during this period?
2. How many suitcases did Tina take with her when she ran away from Ike in Dallas?
3. In what movie did Tina land a part?
4. How much money did Tina earn for her five-week tour in South Africa?
5. What did Tina get out of the divorce settlement?
Short Essay Questions
1. Although "River Deep-Mountain High" was a flop in America, it was a hit in Europe and launched what phase of Tina's life?
2. What were the circumstances of Tina's falling ill with tuberculosis?
3. How did Tina finally secure a record contract with Capitol Records as a single artist?
4. What was meant by the term "black rock"?
5. How did Ike's beatings of Tina escalate?
6. How did Tina's career begin to transition after her divorce from Ike?
7. Who was Phil Spector and what was his position in the music world in the 1960s?
8. What was the state of Ike and Tina's career in the mid 1970s?
9. How was Ike's abuse escalating out of control?
10. What were the circumstances around Tina's suicide attempt?
This section contains 1,092 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)