|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which friend helped Tina get bookings as a single performer?
(a) Nicki Navarro.
(b) Phil Spector.
(c) Rhonda Gramm.
(d) Jack Selby.
2. Which of the following did Tina's lawyer demand in her divorce from Ike?
(a) All of these.
(b) $4000 a month alimony.
(c) $1000 a month child support.
(d) Custody of Craig and Ronnie.
3. What song became Ike and Tina's biggest hit?
(a) Proud Mary.
(b) Honky Tonk Women.
(c) Rag Doll.
(d) I've Been Loving You Too Long.
4. What did Tina get out of the divorce settlement?
(a) Child support.
(b) Alimony and child support.
(c) Royalties for the songs she wrote.
5. How many suitcases did Tina take with her when she ran away from Ike in Dallas?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Tina realize that the change she needed was going to come?
2. Tina's new manager concentrated on getting her bookings in ______________.
3. What is the state of Ike and Tina's live appearances in the mid Seventies?
4. What drug was Ike using regularly during this period?
5. Ike never gave Tina _______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Ike and Tina begin a professional relationship with Phil Spector?
2. How was Ike's abuse escalating out of control?
3. What song became Ike and Tina's last hit together?
4. How did Tina inform Ike that she wanted a divorce and how did she take care of herself in the meantime?
5. Although "River Deep-Mountain High" was a flop in America, it was a hit in Europe and launched what phase of Tina's life?
6. What were the circumstances around Tina's suicide attempt?
7. How did Ike's cocaine habit worsen his physical abuse of people?
8. What were the circumstances around Tina's abortion?
9. Who was Phil Spector and what was his position in the music world in the 1960s?
10. What was meant by the term "black rock"?
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)