|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the hotel manager know Tina was in danger?
(a) She was acting very paranoid.
(b) She threatened the manager.
(c) She was talking out of her head.
(d) She was very battered.
2. Why did Tina order Ann Thomas to move out of her house?
(a) She gave booze to the kids.
(b) She was in bed with Ike.
(c) She was doing heroin.
(d) She was stealing.
3. Which Otis Redding hit did Tina record that made it big?
(a) I've Been Loving You Too Long.
(b) These Arms of Mine.
(d) Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay.
4. What took over Ike's life in the Seventies?
(a) His cocaine habit.
(b) His adultery.
(c) His illegal use of weapons.
(d) His songwriting.
5. What award did Tina win for vocal on "Proud Mary"?
(c) Golden Globe.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many suitcases did Tina take with her when she ran away from Ike in Dallas?
2. What did Tina do to help stay calm?
3. How long did it take Tina to recover from pneumonia?
4. What role did Tina play in TOMMY?
5. In what movie did Tina land a part?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Phil Spector and what was his position in the music world in the 1960s?
2. How was Ike's abuse escalating out of control?
3. Who became Tina's new manager and where did her career as a single performer launch?
4. What was Tina's role in TOMMY and who were some of the other stars involved?
5. How did Davies manage to get Tina's single career launched in the United States?
6. How did Tina manage to get away from Ike in Dallas?
7. How did Ike and Tina begin a professional relationship with Phil Spector?
8. What was meant by the term "black rock"?
9. How did Tina inform Ike that she wanted a divorce and how did she take care of herself in the meantime?
10. How did Buddhism help Tina begin to heal her life?
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)