|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the divorce final between Ike and Tina?
(a) November 1977.
(b) November 1980.
(c) July 1977.
(d) September 1976.
2. Ike and Tina open for which headliner in Las Vegas in 1969?
(a) The Four Seasons.
(b) Elvis Presley.
(c) Frank Sinatra.
(d) Paul Anka.
3. What role did Tina play in TOMMY?
(a) The Queen Mother.
(b) The whore with a heart of gold.
(c) The Acid Queen.
(d) The reformed murderess.
4. How did the hotel manager know Tina was in danger?
(a) She was very battered.
(b) She was talking out of her head.
(c) She was acting very paranoid.
(d) She threatened the manager.
5. Which of the following is true of Ronnie after his parents' divorce?
(a) He became a Catholic.
(b) He joined a street gang.
(c) He started doing drugs.
(d) He moved to Europe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characterizes Tina's feelings about Ike during this period?
2. How long did it take Tina to recover from pneumonia?
3. What award did Tina win for vocal on "Proud Mary"?
4. How much money did Tina earn for her five-week tour in South Africa?
5. What song did Spector want Tina to record?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Phil Spector and what was his position in the music world in the 1960s?
2. How did Ike and Tina begin a professional relationship with Phil Spector?
3. Describe Ike's deterioration in light of Tina's success in TOMMY?
4. How did Tina manage to get away from Ike in Dallas?
5. How did Tina inform Ike that she wanted a divorce and how did she take care of herself in the meantime?
6. What song became Ike and Tina's last hit together?
7. What was Tina's role in TOMMY and who were some of the other stars involved?
8. How did Rhonda Graam try to help Tina get work and what was the major stumbling block?
9. What were the circumstances around Tina's suicide attempt?
10. Who became Tina's new manager and where did her career as a single performer launch?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)