|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city did Tina open with her new act as a single performer?
2. Which friend helped Tina get bookings as a single performer?
(a) Phil Spector.
(b) Jack Selby.
(c) Rhonda Gramm.
(d) Nicki Navarro.
3. Where did Tina realize that the change she needed was going to come?
(a) From a therapist.
(b) From a divorce attorney.
(c) From a psychic.
(d) From within herself.
4. Which of the following was on Tina's first solo album?
(a) Private Dancer.
(b) Proud Mary.
(c) I've Been Loving You Too Long.
(d) River Deep-Mountain Wide.
5. Which New York hotel finally agreed to let Tina perform?
(a) The Four Seasons.
(b) The Hilton.
(c) The Le Grand Meridien.
(d) The Ritz Carlton.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much was Tina paid for recording "River Deep-Mountain High'?
2. Ike and Tina open for which headliner in Las Vegas in 1969?
3. Who became Tina's new manager?
4. When did Tina make a break from Ike?
5. Which group invited Ike and Tina to go on tour?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did a psychic tell Tina about her career?
2. How did Ike and Tina begin a professional relationship with Phil Spector?
3. Even though they are playing in Las Vegas, why did Ike and Tina still fall short of superstar status?
4. What was the state of Ike and Tina's career in the mid 1970s?
5. What was meant by the term "black rock"?
6. What were the circumstances around Tina's suicide attempt?
7. Who became Tina's new manager and where did her career as a single performer launch?
8. Describe Ike's deterioration in light of Tina's success in TOMMY?
9. How did Tina's career begin to transition after her divorce from Ike?
10. How did Ike's beatings of Tina escalate?
This section contains 981 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)