|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which friend helped Tina get bookings as a single performer?
(a) Jack Selby.
(b) Rhonda Gramm.
(c) Nicki Navarro.
(d) Phil Spector.
2. How much money did Tina have with her when she ran away from Ike in Dallas?
(a) A couple dollars.
(b) Just a few cents.
(c) About $100.
3. Where did Tina do her first lengthy tour out of the country?
(a) South Africa.
4. Where did Tina stay in the months after she left Ike?
(a) At a women's shelter.
(b) At a hotel.
(c) At a rented condo.
(d) At friends' homes.
5. Where did the Revue hit the big time in 1969?
(a) New York.
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) Las Vegas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Otis Redding hit did Tina record that made it big?
2. When was the divorce final between Ike and Tina?
3. What did Mick Jagger ask Tina to do during their tour?
4. Which of the following is true of Ronnie after his parents' divorce?
5. Where did Tina stay the night she ran away from Ike?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Ike's behavior when he realized that Tina was not coming back to him?
2. How did Ike and Tina begin a professional relationship with Phil Spector?
3. What did a psychic tell Tina about her career?
4. Although "River Deep-Mountain High" was a flop in America, it was a hit in Europe and launched what phase of Tina's life?
5. How did Tina inform Ike that she wanted a divorce and how did she take care of herself in the meantime?
6. What changes did Davies advise Tina to make in her act?
7. How did Ike's beatings of Tina escalate?
8. How did Tina manage to get away from Ike in Dallas?
9. How did Ike's cocaine habit worsen his physical abuse of people?
10. What song became Ike and Tina's last hit together?
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)