|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What took over Ike's life in the Seventies?
(a) His illegal use of weapons.
(b) His adultery.
(c) His cocaine habit.
(d) His songwriting.
2. In what countries was Tina's music still popular?
(a) England and Australia.
(b) Ireland and Australia.
(c) England and Germany.
(d) France and England.
3. Where did Tina stay the night she ran away from Ike?
(a) The bus station.
(b) Another room in the hotel.
(c) A women's shelter.
(d) Another hotel.
4. Which rock star invited Tina to sing with him on a Saturday Night Live appearance?
(a) Rod Stewart.
(b) Mick Jagger.
(c) Elton John.
(d) Paul McCartney.
5. How much money did Tina have with her when she ran away from Ike in Dallas?
(a) A couple dollars.
(b) About $100.
(c) Just a few cents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Ike brutally beat Tina during their Dallas appearance?
2. What intrigued Spector about Ike and Tina's show?
3. What role did Tina play in TOMMY?
4. What was the name of the last Top 30 hit that Ike and Tina had together?
5. What drug was Ike using regularly during this period?
Short Essay Questions
1. Even though they are playing in Las Vegas, why did Ike and Tina still fall short of superstar status?
2. How did Tina manage to get away from Ike in Dallas?
3. What was Tina's role in TOMMY and who were some of the other stars involved?
4. What was the state of Ike and Tina's career in the mid 1970s?
5. How did Tina inform Ike that she wanted a divorce and how did she take care of herself in the meantime?
6. What were the circumstances around Tina's suicide attempt?
7. How did Tina finally secure a record contract with Capitol Records as a single artist?
8. What was meant by the term "black rock"?
9. How did Buddhism help Tina begin to heal her life?
10. How was Tina able to get a hotel room in Dallas with no money?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)