|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who began emerging as the star of Ike's revue?
2. What was the name of the club in Ripley where Tina's family goes for entertainment?
(a) The Hole.
(b) Mercury Lounge.
(c) The Last Chance.
3. How can Tina best be characterized as a child?
4. Who is the white girl Ike hired to be an Ikette?
(a) Betty Branson.
(b) Bonnie Bramlett.
(c) Birdie Bramlett.
(d) Bonnie Burns.
5. Why was having sex with Rhonda a special thrill for Ike?
(a) She looked like a younger Tina.
(b) She was underage.
(c) She was a beautiful white girl.
(d) She truly loved him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first instrument Ike played?
2. What activity did Tina participate in during high school?
3. Why did Ike beat Tina for the first time?
4. Where did the Kings of Rhythm find a permanent place to play in East St. Louis?
5. In what city did Tina attend high school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Tina Turner as a child.
2. What was the state of Ike and Tina's personal relationship in Los Angeles?
3. Why did Ike and his band settle in St. Louis, Missouri?
4. What were the circumstances of Ike and Tina's marriage?
5. How did Tina meet her first love, Harry Taylor?
6. Why did Tina's parents live away from their daughters for two years?
7. Where did the Bullock family live after the jobs ended in Nashville?
8. What happened the first and only time Ike hired a white girl to be an Ikette?
9. Describe Tina's older sister.
10. What type of music did Tina like during high school in the 1950s?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)