|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following did Tina find stressful about being a rising recording star?
(a) Sleeping in cheap hotels.
(b) Buying new wigs.
(c) Traveling on the road.
(d) Signing autographs.
2. How did Tina feel about being married to Ike?
(b) Take it or leave it.
(c) Cautiously optimistic.
3. Why did Ike enjoy being in Los Angeles?
(a) He could wheel and deal with record producers.
(b) He loved the weather.
(c) He loved fresh fruit and vegetables.
(d) He loved the open air houses.
4. Why was having sex with Rhonda a special thrill for Ike?
(a) She was a beautiful white girl.
(b) She looked like a younger Tina.
(c) She was underage.
(d) She truly loved him.
5. What did Tina do after Ike beat her?
(a) Vowed to stay loyal to the career.
(b) Called the police.
(c) Ran away from him.
(d) Had her boyfriend beat him.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what did Tina's family rely for all their music?
2. Why did Ike beat Tina for the first time?
3. When was Tina Turner born?
4. When did Tina become pregnant with Ike's child?
5. Who is Tina's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Rhonda Graam try to help Tina get work and what was the major stumbling block?
2. How did Ike form his group, the Kings of Rhythm, and what influence did B.B. King have on his career?
3. How did wigs become a signature part of Tina's act?
4. What were the circumstances under which Anna Mae transitioned into Tina Turner?
5. What was Ike Turner's given name and where was he born?
6. How did Ike's cocaine habit worsen his physical abuse of people?
7. What was meant by the term "black rock"?
8. What happened the first and only time Ike hired a white girl to be an Ikette?
9. Who was Phil Spector and what was his position in the music world in the 1960s?
10. Who was Rhonda Graam and what was her role in Ike and Tina's life?
This section contains 1,075 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)