|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Tina meet Ike Turner?
(a) Alline was dating one of his band members.
(b) They ran into each other at a record store.
(c) She asked him to dance at a community dance.
(d) They went to the same church.
2. What was the name of the club in Ripley where Tina's family goes for entertainment?
(a) The Last Chance.
(c) The Hole.
(d) Mercury Lounge.
3. What is Tina's sister's name?
4. What was the first instrument Ike played?
5. What type of music did Tina like during this time?
(b) The faster the better.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the young girl that Ike brought in to watch the kids and keep house?
2. When was Tina Turner born?
3. What band did Tina and Alline go to East St. Louis to see?
4. What was Tina's relationship with her mother?
5. Who was the white couple Tina worked for as a girl?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Ike form his group, the Kings of Rhythm, and what influence did B.B. King have on his career?
2. What was Ike Turner's given name and where was he born?
3. How did Tina meet her first love, Harry Taylor?
4. What was the nature of Tina's relationship with Harry Taylor?
5. What were the circumstances of Ike and Tina's marriage?
6. Describe Tina's older sister.
7. What was Tina Turner's given name and where was she born?
8. When did Ike and Tina begin their relationship?
9. What was the extent of Ike's infidelity?
10. What did Tina like about staying with her grandmother?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)