|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Tina meet Ike Turner?
(a) They went to the same church.
(b) They ran into each other at a record store.
(c) She asked him to dance at a community dance.
(d) Alline was dating one of his band members.
2. What was Tina's first impression of Ike Turner?
(a) He was ugly.
(b) He was gorgeous.
(c) He was chunky.
(d) He was really tall.
3. Which of the following did Tina find stressful about being a rising recording star?
(a) Buying new wigs.
(b) Signing autographs.
(c) Traveling on the road.
(d) Sleeping in cheap hotels.
4. In what city did Tina attend high school?
(a) Little Rock, Arkansas.
(b) Nutbush, Tennessee.
(c) Selma, Alabama.
(d) Ripley, Tennessee.
5. How old was Tina when she joined the Baptist Church choir in Springdale, Tennessee?
Short Answer Questions
1. With which of the following did Tina never get involved?
2. How old was Tina when she got pregnant?
3. Who was the white couple Tina worked for as a girl?
4. What activity did Tina participate in during high school?
5. What did Ike name his own band?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the extent of Ike's infidelity?
2. What was Ike and Tina's household like in Los Angeles?
3. What type of music did Tina like during high school in the 1950s?
4. What did Tina like about staying with her grandmother?
5. Why did Ike and his band settle in St. Louis, Missouri?
6. What did Tina's parents do that eventually broke up the family?
7. How did Ike meet Tina?
8. Who was Rhonda Graam and what was her role in Ike and Tina's life?
9. How did wigs become a signature part of Tina's act?
10. How did Ike form his group, the Kings of Rhythm, and what influence did B.B. King have on his career?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)