|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long do Tina's parents live away from their daughters due to work circumstances?
(a) Two months.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One year.
(d) Two years.
2. Who was the young girl that Ike brought in to watch the kids and keep house?
(a) Ann Cain.
(b) Amy Carson.
(c) Frannie Brown.
(d) Anna Bolton.
3. What band did Tina and Alline go to East St. Louis to see?
(a) Bo Diddley.
(b) The Rolling Stones.
(c) Ike Turner and the Kings of Rhythm.
(d) B.B. King.
4. Why did Ike beat Tina for the first time?
(a) She said she didn't want a personal relationship with him.
(b) She went out with somebody else.
(c) She had an off night on stage.
(d) She forgot to bring beer home.
5. Why did Ike enjoy being in Los Angeles?
(a) He loved the weather.
(b) He could wheel and deal with record producers.
(c) He loved fresh fruit and vegetables.
(d) He loved the open air houses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Tina hospitalized which ended up stressing Ike?
2. What did Ike name the back-up singers in the group?
3. Who began emerging as the star of Ike's revue?
4. What was the name of the club in Ripley where Tina's family goes for entertainment?
5. What activity did Tina participate in during high school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the circumstances under which Anna Mae transitioned into Tina Turner?
2. What was Ike Turner's given name and where was he born?
3. What was the state of Ike and Tina's personal relationship in Los Angeles?
4. What did Tina's parents do that eventually broke up the family?
5. What was Ike and Tina's household like in Los Angeles?
6. How did Ike meet Tina?
7. What roles did Ike and Tina assume in the revue when they moved to Los Angeles?
8. What was the extent of Ike's infidelity?
9. How did Tina meet Ike Turner?
10. What were the circumstances of Ike and Tina's marriage?
This section contains 1,039 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)