|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what did Tina attribute the band's dry spell?
(a) Ike's limited composing skills.
(b) Her changing voice.
(c) The discord in the band.
(d) Ike's bad temper.
2. What was the name of the record produced for Ike's group by Sam Phillips?
(a) Rockin' Rocket.
(b) Rocket 88.
(c) Rocket to Nowhere.
(d) Rocket Ride.
3. What was Tina's first impression of Ike Turner?
(a) He was chunky.
(b) He was gorgeous.
(c) He was ugly.
(d) He was really tall.
4. Who was the young girl that Ike brought in to watch the kids and keep house?
(a) Amy Carson.
(b) Frannie Brown.
(c) Anna Bolton.
(d) Ann Cain.
5. What was the name of the dance that marked the beginning of the Sixties?
(a) The Quick Step.
(b) The Jitterbug.
(c) The Twist.
(d) The Swim.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Tina have during most nights on stage?
2. What is Tina's son's name?
3. What did Ike do when some boys harassed Bonnie in Kentucky?
4. How old was Tina when she joined the Baptist Church choir in Springdale, Tennessee?
5. Where did Ike want to move to become a big star?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the extent of Ike's infidelity?
2. How did Ike meet Tina?
3. How did Tina meet her first love, Harry Taylor?
4. What was the nature of Tina's relationship with Harry Taylor?
5. How did Tina meet Ike Turner?
6. What was the state of Ike and Tina's personal relationship in Los Angeles?
7. What type of music did Tina like during high school in the 1950s?
8. What were the circumstances under which Ike first beat Tina?
9. How did Ike form his group, the Kings of Rhythm, and what influence did B.B. King have on his career?
10. When did Ike and Tina begin their relationship?
This section contains 1,058 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)