|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Tina stay while her parents are working away?
(a) Her maternal grandmother.
(b) Her paternal grandmother.
(c) Her mother's sister.
(d) Her godmother.
2. Why did Ike enjoy being in Los Angeles?
(a) He loved the weather.
(b) He loved fresh fruit and vegetables.
(c) He loved the open air houses.
(d) He could wheel and deal with record producers.
3. What is Tina's sister's name?
4. Why did Ike beat Tina for the first time?
(a) She said she didn't want a personal relationship with him.
(b) She went out with somebody else.
(c) She had an off night on stage.
(d) She forgot to bring beer home.
5. What did Ike use to hit Tina the first time he beat her?
(a) A wire hanger.
(b) A man's shoe stretcher.
(c) A fireplace poker.
(d) A ball bat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alline is ________________ older than Tina.
2. How many girlfriends did Ike estimate that he had during his marriage to Tina?
3. Where did Tina's father move after his second marriage failed?
4. What is the name of Tina's second child?
5. Why was Tina hospitalized which ended up stressing Ike?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Tina's parents live away from their daughters for two years?
2. How did Tina meet Ike Turner?
3. Where did the Bullock family live after the jobs ended in Nashville?
4. How did Ike meet Tina?
5. What type of music did Tina like during high school in the 1950s?
6. What happened the first and only time Ike hired a white girl to be an Ikette?
7. What was the source of detachment that Tina felt from her mother?
8. What was the extent of Ike's infidelity?
9. Describe Tina Turner as a child.
10. How did Tina meet her first love, Harry Taylor?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)