Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Tina when she got pregnant?
2. What song did Ike write for someone else and Tina ended up doing the demo?
(a) River Deep-Mountain High.
(b) Proud Mary.
(c) Rag Doll.
(d) Fool in Love.
3. To what city does Tina travel to visit her parents while they are working away?
(b) Little Rock.
4. What does Tina love about going to her grandmother's Pentecostal Church?
(a) Sunday School.
(b) The frenetic dancing.
(c) The sermons.
(d) The singing.
5. Who was the young girl that Ike brought in to watch the kids and keep house?
(a) Ann Cain.
(b) Anna Bolton.
(c) Amy Carson.
(d) Frannie Brown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Ike Turner's given name?
2. Who was the young white girl Ike brought in for household duties?
3. What was the name of the club in Ripley where Tina's family goes for entertainment?
4. Which of the following did Tina find stressful about being a rising recording star?
5. Why did Ike beat Tina for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Rhonda Graam and what was her role in Ike and Tina's life?
2. How did Tina inform Ike that she wanted a divorce and how did she take care of herself in the meantime?
3. How did Ike meet Tina?
4. Where did the Bullock family live after the jobs ended in Nashville?
5. Who was Phil Spector and what was his position in the music world in the 1960s?
6. What did a psychic tell Tina about her career?
7. What was the nature of Tina's relationship with Harry Taylor?
8. How did Tina manage to get away from Ike in Dallas?
9. What were the circumstances under which Ike first beat Tina?
10. What was Tina Turner's given name and where was she born?
This section contains 991 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)