|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What historical event occurs in 1941 that also changes Tina's life?
(a) Women's right to vote.
(b) The bombing of Pearl Harbor.
(c) The Civil Rights movement.
(d) The Great Depression.
2. On what television show did Ike and Tina appear?
(a) Hit Parade.
(b) Dance Party.
(c) Ed Sullivan Show.
(d) American Bandstand.
3. What was Tina's relationship with her sister?
(c) Very close.
4. What did Ike do with the $40,000 upfront money from a recording contract?
(a) Bought drugs.
(b) Bought new instruments.
(c) Bought a house.
(d) Hired new musicians.
5. What activity did Tina participate in during high school?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Tina's cousin who was killed in a car accident?
2. To what city does Tina travel to visit her parents while they are working away?
3. Where do Tina's parents go to apply for work in a plant to make military materials?
4. What did Tina do after Ike beat her?
5. Why did Ike beat Tina for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Rhonda Graam and what was her role in Ike and Tina's life?
2. Why did Tina's parents live away from their daughters for two years?
3. What was the source of detachment that Tina felt from her mother?
4. What roles did Ike and Tina assume in the revue when they moved to Los Angeles?
5. How did Tina meet Ike Turner?
6. How did Tina meet her first love, Harry Taylor?
7. What were the circumstances under which Ike first beat Tina?
8. What was Tina Turner's given name and where was she born?
9. What was Ike Turner's given name and where was he born?
10. What happened the first and only time Ike hired a white girl to be an Ikette?
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)