|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the record produced for Ike's group by Sam Phillips?
(a) Rocket 88.
(b) Rockin' Rocket.
(c) Rocket Ride.
(d) Rocket to Nowhere.
2. How did Tina feel about being married to Ike?
(a) Cautiously optimistic.
(d) Take it or leave it.
3. Why did Bonnie not last as an Ikette?
(a) She was white.
(b) She got pregnant.
(c) She left the band.
(d) She lost her voice.
4. What is Tina's son's name?
5. Who was the first boy Tina loved?
(a) Henry Thompson.
(b) Harry Timmons.
(c) Harry Taylor.
(d) Hank Teaford.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Tina become pregnant with Ike's child?
2. How old was Tina when she joined the Baptist Church choir in Springdale, Tennessee?
3. Alline is ________________ older than Tina.
4. What was the name of the club in Ripley where Tina's family goes for entertainment?
5. Where did the Kings of Rhythm find a permanent place to play in East St. Louis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What roles did Ike and Tina assume in the revue when they moved to Los Angeles?
2. In what movie did Tina win a role at this time and who did she play opposite?
3. Who was Ann Cain and what role did she have in Ike and Tina's life?
4. How did wigs become a signature part of Tina's act?
5. How did Tina manage to get away from Ike in Dallas?
6. What was the state of Ike and Tina's personal relationship in Los Angeles?
7. How did Ike's cocaine habit worsen his physical abuse of people?
8. Where did the Bullock family live after the jobs ended in Nashville?
9. What did Tina's parents do that eventually broke up the family?
10. How did Buddhism help Tina begin to heal her life?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)