|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Tina's relationship with her mother?
2. In what city did Tina attend high school?
(a) Little Rock, Arkansas.
(b) Ripley, Tennessee.
(c) Selma, Alabama.
(d) Nutbush, Tennessee.
3. How did Tina meet Ike Turner?
(a) Alline was dating one of his band members.
(b) She asked him to dance at a community dance.
(c) They ran into each other at a record store.
(d) They went to the same church.
4. Where did Ike buy a house with upfront money from a recording contract?
(a) Las Vegas.
(c) San Diego.
(d) South Los Angeles.
5. Who is the father of Tina's child?
(a) Richard Hall.
(b) Raymond Hill.
(c) Willie Hill.
(d) Roger Hammond.
Short Answer Questions
1. What band did Tina and Alline go to East St. Louis to see?
2. Where did Tina move to be with her mother?
3. Why did Ike beat Tina for the first time?
4. What did Ike do with the $40,000 upfront money from a recording contract?
5. How long do Tina's parents live away from their daughters due to work circumstances?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Tina meet Ike Turner?
2. Who was Ann Cain and what role did she have in Ike and Tina's life?
3. What was the state of Ike and Tina's personal relationship in Los Angeles?
4. How did Ike form his group, the Kings of Rhythm, and what influence did B.B. King have on his career?
5. What roles did Ike and Tina assume in the revue when they moved to Los Angeles?
6. What was Tina Turner's given name and where was she born?
7. When did Ike and Tina begin their relationship?
8. What was the source of detachment that Tina felt from her mother?
9. What was the nature of Tina's relationship with Harry Taylor?
10. How did wigs become a signature part of Tina's act?
This section contains 1,056 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)