|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tina love about going to her grandmother's Pentecostal Church?
(a) The singing.
(b) The sermons.
(c) The frenetic dancing.
(d) Sunday School.
2. In what city was Tina Turner born?
(a) Nutbush, Tennessee.
(b) Memphis, Tennessee.
(c) Little Rock, Arkansas.
(d) Tupelo, Mississippi.
3. What did Ike name his own band?
(a) Rhythm Royalty.
(b) Kings of Swing.
(c) Kings of Rhythm.
(d) Dukes of Dixie.
4. Who is the father of Tina's child?
(a) Raymond Hill.
(b) Willie Hill.
(c) Roger Hammond.
(d) Richard Hall.
5. What did Tina do after Ike beat her?
(a) Called the police.
(b) Vowed to stay loyal to the career.
(c) Had her boyfriend beat him.
(d) Ran away from him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Ike Turner's given name?
2. What was the name of the club in Ripley where Tina's family goes for entertainment?
3. Black jazz and rhythm and blues bands began to emerge in what year?
4. What substance did Ike begin to use during this period?
5. What activity did Tina participate in during high school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the circumstances of Ike and Tina's marriage?
2. When did Ike and Tina begin their relationship?
3. What was the nature of Tina's relationship with Harry Taylor?
4. Why did Tina's parents live away from their daughters for two years?
5. Describe Tina Turner as a child.
6. What was Ike and Tina's household like in Los Angeles?
7. What type of music did Tina like during high school in the 1950s?
8. What did Tina like about staying with her grandmother?
9. How did Ike form his group, the Kings of Rhythm, and what influence did B.B. King have on his career?
10. What was the source of detachment that Tina felt from her mother?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)