|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Tina's second child?
2. What was Tina Turner's given name?
(a) Angie May Bilson.
(b) Anna Mae Bolton.
(c) Anna Mae Bullock.
(d) Anne Marie Bullock.
3. Why did Ike beat Tina for the first time?
(a) She had an off night on stage.
(b) She went out with somebody else.
(c) She forgot to bring beer home.
(d) She said she didn't want a personal relationship with him.
4. How many kids were living with Ike and Tina in the Los Angeles house?
5. Where did Tina move to be with her mother?
(a) St. Louis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Tina hospitalized which ended up stressing Ike?
2. What was Tina's first impression of Ike Turner?
3. How did Tina meet Ike Turner?
4. What historical event occurs in 1941 that also changes Tina's life?
5. Who was the white couple Tina worked for as a girl?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Ike meet Tina?
2. What was Tina Turner's given name and where was she born?
3. Why did Tina's parents live away from their daughters for two years?
4. How did Ike form his group, the Kings of Rhythm, and what influence did B.B. King have on his career?
5. What was the nature of Tina's relationship with Harry Taylor?
6. How did wigs become a signature part of Tina's act?
7. Describe Tina's older sister.
8. Why did Ike and his band settle in St. Louis, Missouri?
9. What did Tina's parents do that eventually broke up the family?
10. What did Tina like about staying with her grandmother?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)