|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Tina's first impression of Ike Turner?
(a) He was really tall.
(b) He was gorgeous.
(c) He was ugly.
(d) He was chunky.
2. What type of music did Tina like during this time?
(a) The faster the better.
3. Where did the Kings of Rhythm find a permanent place to play in East St. Louis?
(a) Club Manhattan.
(b) The Dixie Drive-In.
(c) Blues and Grill.
(d) Club Havana.
4. Who was the first boy Tina loved?
(a) Harry Taylor.
(b) Hank Teaford.
(c) Harry Timmons.
(d) Henry Thompson.
5. What was Tina's relationship with her sister?
(a) Very close.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the father of Tina's child?
2. When was Tina Turner born?
3. Where did Tina move to be with her mother?
4. To what city does Tina travel to visit her parents while they are working away?
5. What was Ike Turner's given name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Tina Turner as a child.
2. What did Tina's parents do that eventually broke up the family?
3. How did Tina meet her first love, Harry Taylor?
4. What was the nature of Tina's relationship with Harry Taylor?
5. Why did Ike and his band settle in St. Louis, Missouri?
6. What were the circumstances of Ike and Tina's marriage?
7. Who was Rhonda Graam and what was her role in Ike and Tina's life?
8. Who was Ann Cain and what role did she have in Ike and Tina's life?
9. What was Ike and Tina's household like in Los Angeles?
10. What happened the first and only time Ike hired a white girl to be an Ikette?
This section contains 1,036 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)