|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Ike want to move to become a big star?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) New York.
(d) Las Vegas.
2. Which of the following did Tina find stressful about being a rising recording star?
(a) Sleeping in cheap hotels.
(b) Buying new wigs.
(c) Traveling on the road.
(d) Signing autographs.
3. What does Tina love about going to her grandmother's Pentecostal Church?
(a) The singing.
(b) The frenetic dancing.
(c) The sermons.
(d) Sunday School.
4. To what city had Tina's mother moved unexpectedly?
(d) St. Louis.
5. Which of the following physical characteristics was Tina born with?
(a) Light brown skin.
(b) High cheek bones.
(c) Reddish hair.
(d) Very dark skin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many girlfriends did Ike estimate that he had during his marriage to Tina?
2. Tina feels that her mother did not want ________________.
3. Where did Ike buy a house with upfront money from a recording contract?
4. What did Ike do with the $40,000 upfront money from a recording contract?
5. How many kids were living with Ike and Tina in the Los Angeles house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of music did Tina like during high school in the 1950s?
2. Who was Ann Cain and what role did she have in Ike and Tina's life?
3. What was Ike Turner's given name and where was he born?
4. Describe Tina's older sister.
5. What happened the first and only time Ike hired a white girl to be an Ikette?
6. Why did Tina's parents live away from their daughters for two years?
7. How did Ike form his group, the Kings of Rhythm, and what influence did B.B. King have on his career?
8. How did Ike meet Tina?
9. What was the extent of Ike's infidelity?
10. Why did Ike and his band settle in St. Louis, Missouri?
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)