|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Tina Turner born?
(a) November 26, 1939.
(b) June 25, 1942.
(c) October 28, 1938.
(d) September 15, 1934.
2. Who began emerging as the star of Ike's revue?
3. Alline is ________________ older than Tina.
(a) One year.
(b) Two years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Three years.
4. What did Ike use to hit Tina the first time he beat her?
(a) A fireplace poker.
(b) A ball bat.
(c) A man's shoe stretcher.
(d) A wire hanger.
5. Where did the Kings of Rhythm find a permanent place to play in East St. Louis?
(a) Club Havana.
(b) The Dixie Drive-In.
(c) Blues and Grill.
(d) Club Manhattan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Ike buy a house with upfront money from a recording contract?
2. On what did Tina's family rely for all their music?
3. Why did Ike enjoy being in Los Angeles?
4. Who was Tina's cousin who was killed in a car accident?
5. What is Tina's son's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the circumstances under which Anna Mae transitioned into Tina Turner?
2. What happened the first and only time Ike hired a white girl to be an Ikette?
3. Who was Rhonda Graam and what was her role in Ike and Tina's life?
4. How did wigs become a signature part of Tina's act?
5. How did Tina meet her first love, Harry Taylor?
6. What were the circumstances of Ike and Tina's marriage?
7. What roles did Ike and Tina assume in the revue when they moved to Los Angeles?
8. What was Ike and Tina's household like in Los Angeles?
9. Where did the Bullock family live after the jobs ended in Nashville?
10. How did Tina meet Ike Turner?
This section contains 1,054 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)