|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Tina Turner born?
(a) September 15, 1934.
(b) June 25, 1942.
(c) October 28, 1938.
(d) November 26, 1939.
2. Where did the Kings of Rhythm find a permanent place to play in East St. Louis?
(a) The Dixie Drive-In.
(b) Club Manhattan.
(c) Club Havana.
(d) Blues and Grill.
3. What was the name of the dance that marked the beginning of the Sixties?
(a) The Twist.
(b) The Swim.
(c) The Quick Step.
(d) The Jitterbug.
4. Why was Ike not interested in Tina as a girlfriend?
(a) She was too skinny.
(b) She had wiry hair.
(c) She was too tall.
(d) She had buck teeth.
5. In what city was Tina Turner born?
(a) Little Rock, Arkansas.
(b) Tupelo, Mississippi.
(c) Memphis, Tennessee.
(d) Nutbush, Tennessee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ike do when some boys harassed Bonnie in Kentucky?
2. What did Ike use to hit Tina the first time he beat her?
3. Who was the young white girl Ike brought in for household duties?
4. Why was Tina hospitalized which ended up stressing Ike?
5. How can Tina best be characterized as a child?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Ike meet Tina?
2. What was Tina Turner's given name and where was she born?
3. What roles did Ike and Tina assume in the revue when they moved to Los Angeles?
4. What was the state of Ike and Tina's personal relationship in Los Angeles?
5. What was Ike and Tina's household like in Los Angeles?
6. What were the circumstances under which Anna Mae transitioned into Tina Turner?
7. Describe Tina's older sister.
8. What were the circumstances under which Ike first beat Tina?
9. When did Ike and Tina begin their relationship?
10. What happened the first and only time Ike hired a white girl to be an Ikette?
This section contains 1,126 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)