|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What intrigued Spector about Ike and Tina's show?
(a) Tina's singing talent.
(b) The songwriting.
(c) The Ikettes.
(d) Ike's guitar playing.
2. How much time did Ike allow Tina to recover from her drug overdose before putting her back onstage?
(a) Two days.
(b) Two hours.
(c) One month.
(d) Two weeks.
3. What did Tina get out of the divorce settlement?
(a) Royalties for the songs she wrote.
(b) Child support.
(c) Alimony and child support.
4. What song did Spector want Tina to record?
(a) Rag Doll.
(b) River Deep-Mountain High.
(c) Proud Mary.
(d) Papa Was a Rolling Stone.
5. What did Tina do when she found out that Ann Thomas was also pregnant with Ike's child?
(a) She divorced Ike.
(b) She had a double baby shower.
(c) She beat Ann until she miscarried.
(d) She had an abortion.
6. What happens to Ike from his drug use?
(a) His brain is severely degenerated.
(b) The inside of his nose deteriorates.
(c) His speech is impaired.
(d) He has track marks all over his arms.
7. How much was Tina paid for recording "River Deep-Mountain High'?
8. Which of the following is true of Ronnie after his parents' divorce?
(a) He became a Catholic.
(b) He moved to Europe.
(c) He joined a street gang.
(d) He started doing drugs.
9. What award did Tina win for vocal on "Proud Mary"?
(c) Golden Globe.
10. Which of the following acts did Phil Spector produce?
(a) The Dave Clark Five.
(b) Elvis Presley.
(c) Herman's Hermits.
(d) The Crystals.
11. Whose television special did Tina appear on during this time?
(a) Frank Sinatra's.
(b) Olivia Newton-John's.
(c) Dean Martin's.
(d) Sonny and Cher's.
12. Which friend helped Tina get bookings as a single performer?
(a) Rhonda Gramm.
(b) Nicki Navarro.
(c) Phil Spector.
(d) Jack Selby.
13. In what city did Tina open with her new act as a single performer?
14. What did Tina buy with money she stole from Ike's wallet one day?
(a) A dress.
(b) A wig.
(c) A massage.
(d) A ring.
15. What did Tina do to help stay calm?
Short Answer Questions
1. What drug did Tina take in a suicide attempt?
2. Which Otis Redding hit did Tina record that made it big?
3. What was the name of the last Top 30 hit that Ike and Tina had together?
4. What did Tina chase Ann Thomas with when Ann showed up at the house after being kicked out?
5. Why did musicians stop renting Ike's studios?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)