|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What drug was Ike using regularly during this period?
2. Tina's new manager concentrated on getting her bookings in ______________.
3. How long did it take Tina to recover from pneumonia?
(a) 8 years.
(b) 8 months.
(c) 1 years.
(d) 6 weeks.
4. What intrigued Spector about Ike and Tina's show?
(a) Tina's singing talent.
(b) Ike's guitar playing.
(c) The Ikettes.
(d) The songwriting.
5. What took over Ike's life in the Seventies?
(a) His illegal use of weapons.
(b) His adultery.
(c) His songwriting.
(d) His cocaine habit.
6. What kind of car did Sammy Davis Jr. buy for Tina for appearing in a TV show?
(d) Rolls Royce.
7. How much was Tina paid for recording "River Deep-Mountain High'?
8. Who was the boy genius of the musical world in the Sixties?
(a) Phil Spector.
(b) Sam Philips.
(c) Peter Guber.
(d) Jack Spencer.
9. Which rock star invited Tina to sing with him on a Saturday Night Live appearance?
(a) Elton John.
(b) Mick Jagger.
(c) Rod Stewart.
(d) Paul McCartney.
10. What did Tina buy with money she stole from Ike's wallet one day?
(a) A wig.
(b) A massage.
(c) A ring.
(d) A dress.
11. What did Tina do for the first time after Ike brutally beat her in Dallas?
(a) She shot him.
(b) She stabbed him.
(c) She fought back.
(d) She called the police.
12. Ike and Tina open for which headliner in Las Vegas in 1969?
(a) Frank Sinatra.
(b) Paul Anka.
(c) Elvis Presley.
(d) The Four Seasons.
13. How much money did Tina have with her when she ran away from Ike in Dallas?
(a) A couple dollars.
(b) About $100.
(c) Just a few cents.
14. How much time did Ike allow Tina to recover from her drug overdose before putting her back onstage?
(a) One month.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Two days.
(d) Two weeks.
15. Why did musicians stop renting Ike's studios?
(a) He spilled cocaine and coffee and left the equipment useless.
(b) He had too many whores hanging around.
(c) The fees got to be too high.
(d) He always overbooked the studios.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tina get out of the divorce settlement?
2. Which body part of Ike's was severely damaged from drug use?
3. Where did Tina realize that the change she needed was going to come?
4. Which of the following does Tina want to sing on stage?
5. What did Mick Jagger ask Tina to do during their tour?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)