|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was on Tina's first solo album?
(a) I've Been Loving You Too Long.
(b) Proud Mary.
(c) River Deep-Mountain Wide.
(d) Private Dancer.
2. Where did Ike brutally beat Tina during their Dallas appearance?
(a) In the hotel room.
(b) In the car.
(c) In the dressing room.
(d) On stage.
3. What was the name of the last Top 30 hit that Ike and Tina had together?
(a) Proud Mary.
(b) Fool in Love.
(c) Nutbush City Limits.
(d) Get Back.
4. How much was Tina paid for recording "River Deep-Mountain High'?
5. Spector's approach to music became known as ________________.
(a) The wall of sound.
(b) Universal sound.
(c) The most sound around.
(d) Bound to be sound.
6. Which Al Green song did Tina record and have a big hit?
(a) Tired of Being Alone.
(b) I'm Still in Love with You.
(c) Let's Stay Together.
(d) Love and Happiness.
7. Which record label finally agreed to record Tina as a single act?
(a) Armadillo Records.
(b) Warner Brothers Records.
(c) Capitol Records.
(d) United Artists Records.
8. Whose television special did Tina appear on during this time?
(a) Frank Sinatra's.
(b) Sonny and Cher's.
(c) Olivia Newton-John's.
(d) Dean Martin's.
9. What song did Spector want Tina to record?
(a) Papa Was a Rolling Stone.
(b) River Deep-Mountain High.
(c) Rag Doll.
(d) Proud Mary.
10. What role did Tina play in TOMMY?
(a) The Acid Queen.
(b) The Queen Mother.
(c) The whore with a heart of gold.
(d) The reformed murderess.
11. On what magazine did Tina appear on the cover after her performance at the Ritz Carlton?
(b) US Weekly.
(c) Rolling Stone.
12. Who was the boy genius of the musical world in the Sixties?
(a) Jack Spencer.
(b) Peter Guber.
(c) Sam Philips.
(d) Phil Spector.
13. What kind of car did Sammy Davis Jr. buy for Tina for appearing in a TV show?
(d) Rolls Royce.
14. Where did Tina realize that the change she needed was going to come?
(a) From a psychic.
(b) From a therapist.
(c) From within herself.
(d) From a divorce attorney.
15. Where did Tina fly to the day after she left Ike in Dallas?
(b) New York.
(c) Las Vegas.
(d) Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did musicians stop renting Ike's studios?
2. Which rock star invited Tina to sing with him on a Saturday Night Live appearance?
3. Where did the Revue hit the big time in 1969?
4. Who did Tina order to move out of her house?
5. The addition of rock songs into Ike and Tina's R&B sounds was called __________________.
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)