|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Spector's approach to music became known as ________________.
(a) The most sound around.
(b) Bound to be sound.
(c) The wall of sound.
(d) Universal sound.
2. Ike and Tina open for which headliner in Las Vegas in 1969?
(a) Paul Anka.
(b) Frank Sinatra.
(c) Elvis Presley.
(d) The Four Seasons.
3. Ike never gave Tina _______________.
(a) A wedding ring.
(b) An anniversary gift.
(c) A fur coat.
(d) Her own money.
4. Who told Tina that she would become one of the biggest stars in the world and that her partner would fall away like a leaf?
(a) A psychic.
(b) Mick Jagger.
(c) Jerry Mulligan.
(d) Phil Spector.
5. On what magazine did Tina appear on the cover after her performance at the Ritz Carlton?
(a) US Weekly.
(b) Rolling Stone.
6. What song became Ike and Tina's biggest hit?
(a) I've Been Loving You Too Long.
(b) Rag Doll.
(c) Honky Tonk Women.
(d) Proud Mary.
7. Which of the following is true of Ronnie after his parents' divorce?
(a) He started doing drugs.
(b) He moved to Europe.
(c) He joined a street gang.
(d) He became a Catholic.
8. When did Tina make a break from Ike?
(a) When he went down to the hotel bar.
(b) When he was with a hooker.
(c) When he was taking a shower.
(d) After he fell asleep.
9. What kind of car did Sammy Davis Jr. buy for Tina for appearing in a TV show?
(c) Rolls Royce.
10. Where did Tina stay the night she ran away from Ike?
(a) Another room in the hotel.
(b) The bus station.
(c) Another hotel.
(d) A women's shelter.
11. Who was the friend that Tina went to see after leaving Ike?
12. The addition of rock songs into Ike and Tina's R&B sounds was called __________________.
(a) Black rock.
(b) Boogie rock.
(c) Black 'n roll.
(d) A mistake.
13. What did Tina do to help stay calm?
14. Which Otis Redding hit did Tina record that made it big?
(a) These Arms of Mine.
(b) I've Been Loving You Too Long.
(c) Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay.
15. What did Tina buy with money she stole from Ike's wallet one day?
(a) A dress.
(b) A massage.
(c) A wig.
(d) A ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Tina realize that the change she needed was going to come?
2. What intrigued Spector about Ike and Tina's show?
3. What took over Ike's life in the Seventies?
4. What happens to Ike from his drug use?
5. Where did Ike find Tina when she was trying to run away from him?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)