|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which friend helped Tina get bookings as a single performer?
(a) Rhonda Gramm.
(b) Phil Spector.
(c) Nicki Navarro.
(d) Jack Selby.
2. Which Otis Redding hit did Tina record that made it big?
(b) I've Been Loving You Too Long.
(c) These Arms of Mine.
(d) Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay.
3. Where did Tina realize that the change she needed was going to come?
(a) From a therapist.
(b) From within herself.
(c) From a psychic.
(d) From a divorce attorney.
4. Which of the following does Tina want to sing on stage?
(a) Unchained Melody.
(b) Let It Be.
(c) Honky Tonk Women.
(d) Hey Jude.
5. Where did the Revue hit the big time in 1969?
(b) Las Vegas.
(c) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
6. What took over Ike's life in the Seventies?
(a) His adultery.
(b) His songwriting.
(c) His illegal use of weapons.
(d) His cocaine habit.
7. Tina got free from Ike after how many years of being with him?
8. Which New York hotel finally agreed to let Tina perform?
(a) The Hilton.
(b) The Le Grand Meridien.
(c) The Ritz Carlton.
(d) The Four Seasons.
9. What did Tina do when she found out that Ann Thomas was also pregnant with Ike's child?
(a) She beat Ann until she miscarried.
(b) She had an abortion.
(c) She had a double baby shower.
(d) She divorced Ike.
10. Which of the following did Tina's lawyer demand in her divorce from Ike?
(a) $4000 a month alimony.
(b) $1000 a month child support.
(c) Custody of Craig and Ronnie.
(d) All of these.
11. Whose television special did Tina appear on during this time?
(a) Sonny and Cher's.
(b) Olivia Newton-John's.
(c) Dean Martin's.
(d) Frank Sinatra's.
12. When did Tina begin to feel a change within herself?
(a) When she had a pyschic reading.
(b) When she went to a spa.
(c) When she gave up booze.
(d) When she began chanting Buddhist prayers.
13. Which of the following acts did Phil Spector produce?
(a) Elvis Presley.
(b) Herman's Hermits.
(c) The Crystals.
(d) The Dave Clark Five.
14. Where did Tina stay the night she ran away from Ike?
(a) A women's shelter.
(b) Another hotel.
(c) Another room in the hotel.
(d) The bus station.
15. In what movie did Tina land a part?
(a) Chariots of the Gods.
(b) Diary of a Mad Housewife.
(d) Love Story.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song became Ike and Tina's biggest hit?
2. How did Tina get a private suite and security at another hotel with no money?
3. How much money did Tina have with her when she ran away from Ike in Dallas?
4. What award did Tina win for vocal on "Proud Mary"?
5. On what magazine did Tina appear on the cover after her performance at the Ritz Carlton?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)