|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did musicians stop renting Ike's studios?
(a) He always overbooked the studios.
(b) The fees got to be too high.
(c) He had too many whores hanging around.
(d) He spilled cocaine and coffee and left the equipment useless.
2. What religion intrigued Tina during the Seventies?
3. Which New York hotel finally agreed to let Tina perform?
(a) The Ritz Carlton.
(b) The Hilton.
(c) The Le Grand Meridien.
(d) The Four Seasons.
4. Who did Tina order to move out of her house?
(a) Ann Cain.
(b) Cathy Collins.
(c) Brenda Barnes.
(d) Ann Thomas.
5. Which rock star convinced Capitol Records execs to accompany him to Tina's performance at the Ritz?
(a) David Bowie.
(b) Elton John.
(c) Rod Stewart.
(d) Eric Clapton.
6. In what city did Tina open with her new act as a single performer?
7. Where did Tina do her first lengthy tour out of the country?
(c) South Africa.
8. What is the state of Ike and Tina's live appearances in the mid Seventies?
9. What award did Tina win for vocal on "Proud Mary"?
(c) Golden Globe.
10. Where did Ike find Tina when she was trying to run away from him?
(a) A rental car counter.
(b) A bus.
(c) An airport.
(d) A train station.
11. What happens to Ike from his drug use?
(a) His brain is severely degenerated.
(b) His speech is impaired.
(c) He has track marks all over his arms.
(d) The inside of his nose deteriorates.
12. Which rock star invited Tina to sing with him on a Saturday Night Live appearance?
(a) Elton John.
(b) Paul McCartney.
(c) Mick Jagger.
(d) Rod Stewart.
13. Ike never gave Tina _______________.
(a) A fur coat.
(b) An anniversary gift.
(c) Her own money.
(d) A wedding ring.
14. Which friend helped Tina get bookings as a single performer?
(a) Jack Selby.
(b) Phil Spector.
(c) Rhonda Gramm.
(d) Nicki Navarro.
15. What magazine published an account of Ike and Tina's life that infuriated Ike?
(b) Rolling Stone.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money did Tina have with her when she ran away from Ike in Dallas?
2. What did Tina do for the first time after Ike brutally beat her in Dallas?
3. On what magazine did Tina appear on the cover after her performance at the Ritz Carlton?
4. What took over Ike's life in the Seventies?
5. What did Tina chase Ann Thomas with when Ann showed up at the house after being kicked out?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)