|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following acts did Phil Spector produce?
(a) Elvis Presley.
(b) Herman's Hermits.
(c) The Crystals.
(d) The Dave Clark Five.
2. Where did Ike brutally beat Tina during their Dallas appearance?
(a) In the car.
(b) In the dressing room.
(c) In the hotel room.
(d) On stage.
3. Where did Ike find Tina when she was trying to run away from him?
(a) A bus.
(b) A rental car counter.
(c) An airport.
(d) A train station.
4. Who became Tina's new manager?
(a) Roger Davies.
(b) Ray Dawson.
(c) Robert Davidson.
(d) Roger Daltrey.
5. How did Tina get a private suite and security at another hotel with no money?
(a) The hotel manager gave it to her.
(b) She didn't get a suite and security.
(c) Her sister wired her money.
(d) She used a credit card.
6. How did the hotel manager know Tina was in danger?
(a) She threatened the manager.
(b) She was acting very paranoid.
(c) She was talking out of her head.
(d) She was very battered.
7. What did Tina buy with money she stole from Ike's wallet one day?
(a) A massage.
(b) A wig.
(c) A ring.
(d) A dress.
8. Which friend helped Tina get bookings as a single performer?
(a) Phil Spector.
(b) Nicki Navarro.
(c) Jack Selby.
(d) Rhonda Gramm.
9. Which New York hotel finally agreed to let Tina perform?
(a) The Hilton.
(b) The Four Seasons.
(c) The Ritz Carlton.
(d) The Le Grand Meridien.
10. Where did Tina stay in the months after she left Ike?
(a) At a women's shelter.
(b) At a hotel.
(c) At a rented condo.
(d) At friends' homes.
11. Which record label finally agreed to record Tina as a single act?
(a) Armadillo Records.
(b) Warner Brothers Records.
(c) Capitol Records.
(d) United Artists Records.
12. What happens to Ike from his drug use?
(a) His brain is severely degenerated.
(b) The inside of his nose deteriorates.
(c) His speech is impaired.
(d) He has track marks all over his arms.
13. Why did Tina order Ann Thomas to move out of her house?
(a) She was stealing.
(b) She was in bed with Ike.
(c) She gave booze to the kids.
(d) She was doing heroin.
14. Which of the following is true of Ronnie after his parents' divorce?
(a) He started doing drugs.
(b) He joined a street gang.
(c) He moved to Europe.
(d) He became a Catholic.
15. When did Tina make a break from Ike?
(a) After he fell asleep.
(b) When he was with a hooker.
(c) When he was taking a shower.
(d) When he went down to the hotel bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what magazine did Tina appear on the cover after her performance at the Ritz Carlton?
2. What intrigued Spector about Ike and Tina's show?
3. How long did it take Tina to recover from pneumonia?
4. What did Tina discover that she and Ann Thomas had in common during this time?
5. What song became Ike and Tina's biggest hit?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)