|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Ike find Tina when she was trying to run away from him?
(a) An airport.
(b) A rental car counter.
(c) A train station.
(d) A bus.
2. How long did it take Tina to recover from pneumonia?
(a) 6 weeks.
(b) 8 months.
(c) 8 years.
(d) 1 years.
3. What did Tina get out of the divorce settlement?
(b) Alimony and child support.
(c) Child support.
(d) Royalties for the songs she wrote.
4. Who told Tina that she would become one of the biggest stars in the world and that her partner would fall away like a leaf?
(a) Phil Spector.
(b) A psychic.
(c) Jerry Mulligan.
(d) Mick Jagger.
5. When did Tina begin to feel a change within herself?
(a) When she gave up booze.
(b) When she went to a spa.
(c) When she had a pyschic reading.
(d) When she began chanting Buddhist prayers.
6. Whose television special did Tina appear on during this time?
(a) Dean Martin's.
(b) Olivia Newton-John's.
(c) Sonny and Cher's.
(d) Frank Sinatra's.
7. What did Tina discover that she and Ann Thomas had in common during this time?
(a) They both want to take flying lessons.
(b) They were both pregnant with Ike's child.
(c) They were both from Tennessee.
(d) They both want to live in France.
8. What did Tina do when she found out that Ann Thomas was also pregnant with Ike's child?
(a) She had a double baby shower.
(b) She divorced Ike.
(c) She had an abortion.
(d) She beat Ann until she miscarried.
9. Where did Tina do her first lengthy tour out of the country?
(a) South Africa.
10. Which Al Green song did Tina record and have a big hit?
(a) I'm Still in Love with You.
(b) Tired of Being Alone.
(c) Love and Happiness.
(d) Let's Stay Together.
11. How much was Tina paid for recording "River Deep-Mountain High'?
12. What was the name of the last Top 30 hit that Ike and Tina had together?
(a) Proud Mary.
(b) Get Back.
(c) Fool in Love.
(d) Nutbush City Limits.
13. What kind of car did Sammy Davis Jr. buy for Tina for appearing in a TV show?
(c) Rolls Royce.
14. How much money did Tina have with her when she ran away from Ike in Dallas?
(a) About $100.
(b) Just a few cents.
(d) A couple dollars.
15. What song did Spector want Tina to record?
(a) Rag Doll.
(b) River Deep-Mountain High.
(c) Papa Was a Rolling Stone.
(d) Proud Mary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the state of Ike and Tina's live appearances in the mid Seventies?
2. What magazine published an account of Ike and Tina's life that infuriated Ike?
3. What did Tina buy with money she stole from Ike's wallet one day?
4. In what city did Tina open with her new act as a single performer?
5. What happens to Ike from his drug use?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)