|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city did Tina open with her new act as a single performer?
2. Which of the following characterizes Tina's feelings about Ike during this period?
(a) She has had enough of his abuse.
(b) She put a hit out on him.
(c) She has filed for divorce.
(d) She wants to renew their wedding vows.
3. Which of the following acts did Phil Spector produce?
(a) Herman's Hermits.
(b) The Dave Clark Five.
(c) The Crystals.
(d) Elvis Presley.
4. What took over Ike's life in the Seventies?
(a) His illegal use of weapons.
(b) His adultery.
(c) His cocaine habit.
(d) His songwriting.
5. When was the divorce final between Ike and Tina?
(a) September 1976.
(b) November 1980.
(c) July 1977.
(d) November 1977.
6. Tina's new manager concentrated on getting her bookings in ______________.
7. Ike and Tina open for which headliner in Las Vegas in 1969?
(a) Elvis Presley.
(b) The Four Seasons.
(c) Frank Sinatra.
(d) Paul Anka.
8. Where did Tina stay the night she ran away from Ike?
(a) Another hotel.
(b) A women's shelter.
(c) The bus station.
(d) Another room in the hotel.
9. In what movie did Tina land a part?
(a) Love Story.
(c) Diary of a Mad Housewife.
(d) Chariots of the Gods.
10. Which group invited Ike and Tina to go on tour?
(a) The Rolling Stones.
(b) The Byrds.
(c) The Beatles.
(d) The Dave Clark Five.
11. When did Tina begin to feel a change within herself?
(a) When she began chanting Buddhist prayers.
(b) When she went to a spa.
(c) When she gave up booze.
(d) When she had a pyschic reading.
12. Which friend helped Tina get bookings as a single performer?
(a) Rhonda Gramm.
(b) Phil Spector.
(c) Jack Selby.
(d) Nicki Navarro.
13. How much money did Tina have with her when she ran away from Ike in Dallas?
(a) A couple dollars.
(c) Just a few cents.
(d) About $100.
14. Where did Ike find Tina when she was trying to run away from him?
(a) A rental car counter.
(b) An airport.
(c) A bus.
(d) A train station.
15. Which of the following was on Tina's first solo album?
(a) I've Been Loving You Too Long.
(b) Proud Mary.
(c) Private Dancer.
(d) River Deep-Mountain Wide.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these did Tina's new manager tell her to abandon?
2. What award did Tina win for vocal on "Proud Mary"?
3. Where did Ike brutally beat Tina during their Dallas appearance?
4. How did Tina get a private suite and security at another hotel with no money?
5. What did Tina get out of the divorce settlement?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)