|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What activity did Tina participate in during high school?
2. In what city was Ike Turner born?
(a) Atlanta, Georgia.
(b) San Diego, California.
(c) Clarksdale, Mississippi.
(d) Butte, Montana.
3. Where did the Kings of Rhythm find a permanent place to play in East St. Louis?
(a) Blues and Grill.
(b) The Dixie Drive-In.
(c) Club Manhattan.
(d) Club Havana.
4. In what city was Tina Turner born?
(a) Memphis, Tennessee.
(b) Tupelo, Mississippi.
(c) Nutbush, Tennessee.
(d) Little Rock, Arkansas.
5. Where did Ike buy a house with upfront money from a recording contract?
(a) Las Vegas.
(b) South Los Angeles.
(d) San Diego.
6. Who was the young white girl Ike brought in for household duties?
(a) Randa Garrison.
(b) Rhoda Goran.
(c) Rielle Galloway.
(d) Rhonda Graam.
7. Why did Ike beat Tina for the first time?
(a) She said she didn't want a personal relationship with him.
(b) She had an off night on stage.
(c) She forgot to bring beer home.
(d) She went out with somebody else.
8. Who began emerging as the star of Ike's revue?
9. When did Tina become pregnant with Ike's child?
(a) Just before she graduated high school.
(b) Just when Ike takes up again with his wife.
(c) Just after they got married.
(d) Just after they got engaged.
10. What was Ike's father's profession?
11. What does Tina love about going to her grandmother's Pentecostal Church?
(a) The singing.
(b) Sunday School.
(c) The frenetic dancing.
(d) The sermons.
12. Who is Tina's father?
13. What was Tina's first impression of Ike Turner?
(a) He was gorgeous.
(b) He was really tall.
(c) He was chunky.
(d) He was ugly.
14. What did Ike use to hit Tina the first time he beat her?
(a) A wire hanger.
(b) A man's shoe stretcher.
(c) A fireplace poker.
(d) A ball bat.
15. Where did Tina's father move after his second marriage failed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of music did Tina like during this time?
2. What is the name of Tina's second child?
3. How did Tina feel about being married to Ike?
4. What was the name of the record produced for Ike's group by Sam Phillips?
5. Black jazz and rhythm and blues bands began to emerge in what year?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)