|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many girlfriends did Ike estimate that he had during his marriage to Tina?
2. To what city does Tina travel to visit her parents while they are working away?
(b) Little Rock.
3. What did Ike name his own band?
(a) Dukes of Dixie.
(b) Kings of Rhythm.
(c) Kings of Swing.
(d) Rhythm Royalty.
4. To what did Tina attribute the band's dry spell?
(a) The discord in the band.
(b) Her changing voice.
(c) Ike's limited composing skills.
(d) Ike's bad temper.
5. What does Tina love about going to her grandmother's Pentecostal Church?
(a) Sunday School.
(b) The singing.
(c) The sermons.
(d) The frenetic dancing.
6. With which of the following did Tina never get involved?
(b) Red Cross.
(d) Volunteer groups.
7. Black jazz and rhythm and blues bands began to emerge in what year?
8. How old was Tina when she got pregnant?
9. Why did Tina need to find a new place to live?
(a) Her grandmother died.
(b) She got pregnant.
(c) Her grandmother's house burned down.
(d) She flunked out of school.
10. What type of music did Tina like during this time?
(b) The faster the better.
11. What is the name of Tina's second child?
12. Why did Ike enjoy being in Los Angeles?
(a) He loved the open air houses.
(b) He could wheel and deal with record producers.
(c) He loved fresh fruit and vegetables.
(d) He loved the weather.
13. On what did Tina's family rely for all their music?
(a) The radio.
(c) Community dances.
(d) A phonograph.
14. Which of the following physical characteristics was Tina born with?
(a) Very dark skin.
(b) Light brown skin.
(c) High cheek bones.
(d) Reddish hair.
15. Who is the white girl Ike hired to be an Ikette?
(a) Birdie Bramlett.
(b) Bonnie Burns.
(c) Betty Branson.
(d) Bonnie Bramlett.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Tina's relationship with her mother?
2. What activity did Tina participate in during high school?
3. Who began emerging as the star of Ike's revue?
4. Who was the white couple Tina worked for as a girl?
5. Where did the Kings of Rhythm find a permanent place to play in East St. Louis?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)