|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Tina's second child?
2. Which of the following did Tina find stressful about being a rising recording star?
(a) Signing autographs.
(b) Traveling on the road.
(c) Buying new wigs.
(d) Sleeping in cheap hotels.
3. Which of the following does Tina have during most nights on stage?
(a) Facial injury.
(c) Stage fright.
(d) Audience participation.
4. What band did Tina and Alline go to East St. Louis to see?
(a) The Rolling Stones.
(b) Bo Diddley.
(c) B.B. King.
(d) Ike Turner and the Kings of Rhythm.
5. What was Tina Turner's given name?
(a) Angie May Bilson.
(b) Anna Mae Bullock.
(c) Anne Marie Bullock.
(d) Anna Mae Bolton.
6. Where did Ike buy a house with upfront money from a recording contract?
(b) South Los Angeles.
(c) Las Vegas.
(d) San Diego.
7. What did Ike name his own band?
(a) Kings of Swing.
(b) Rhythm Royalty.
(c) Kings of Rhythm.
(d) Dukes of Dixie.
8. What was Ike's father's profession?
9. How did Tina meet Ike Turner?
(a) Alline was dating one of his band members.
(b) They went to the same church.
(c) She asked him to dance at a community dance.
(d) They ran into each other at a record store.
10. What activity did Tina participate in during high school?
11. How old was Tina when she joined the Baptist Church choir in Springdale, Tennessee?
12. Who was the first boy Tina loved?
(a) Hank Teaford.
(b) Henry Thompson.
(c) Harry Timmons.
(d) Harry Taylor.
13. Where did Ike and Tina get married?
(a) Las Vegas.
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
14. Who was Tina's cousin who was killed in a car accident?
15. What does Tina love about going to her grandmother's Pentecostal Church?
(a) The sermons.
(b) The singing.
(c) The frenetic dancing.
(d) Sunday School.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alline is ________________ older than Tina.
2. How many girlfriends did Ike estimate that he had during his marriage to Tina?
3. What historical event occurs in 1941 that also changes Tina's life?
4. Why did Ike beat Tina for the first time?
5. What is Tina's son's name?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)