|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Tina's father move after his second marriage failed?
2. Who was the white couple Tina worked for as a girl?
(a) The Sanderses.
(b) The Millers.
(c) The Hendersons.
(d) The McKinneys.
3. What was Ike Turner's given name?
(a) Izear Luster Turner.
(b) Dwight Louis Turner.
(c) Isaac Luster Turner.
(d) Isaiah Justice Turner.
4. Which of the following roles did Ann Cain fill in the Turner household?
(a) All of these.
(c) Ike's lover.
(d) Business manager.
5. What was Tina's first impression of Ike Turner?
(a) He was chunky.
(b) He was really tall.
(c) He was ugly.
(d) He was gorgeous.
6. What substance did Ike begin to use during this period?
7. What is the name of Tina's second child?
8. How many kids were living with Ike and Tina in the Los Angeles house?
9. What did Tina think when "Fool in Love" is released by Ike and Tina Turner?
(a) She's OK with it.
(b) She hates it.
(c) She loves it.
(d) She doesn't like it.
10. What band did Tina and Alline go to East St. Louis to see?
(a) The Rolling Stones.
(b) Ike Turner and the Kings of Rhythm.
(c) Bo Diddley.
(d) B.B. King.
11. Who had also moved in with Tina's mother?
12. What did Ike do with the $40,000 upfront money from a recording contract?
(a) Bought a house.
(b) Hired new musicians.
(c) Bought drugs.
(d) Bought new instruments.
13. How old was Tina when she got pregnant?
14. How can Tina best be characterized as a child?
15. On what did Tina's family rely for all their music?
(a) The radio.
(b) Community dances.
(d) A phonograph.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city was Ike Turner born?
2. What was the name of the record produced for Ike's group by Sam Phillips?
3. How many girlfriends did Ike estimate that he had during his marriage to Tina?
4. In what city did Tina attend high school?
5. What club did Ike and Tina play in New York?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)