|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What historical event occurs in 1941 that also changes Tina's life?
(a) Women's right to vote.
(b) The Great Depression.
(c) The Civil Rights movement.
(d) The bombing of Pearl Harbor.
2. What was the name of the dance that marked the beginning of the Sixties?
(a) The Quick Step.
(b) The Twist.
(c) The Swim.
(d) The Jitterbug.
3. What activity did Tina participate in during high school?
4. How did Tina meet Ike Turner?
(a) They went to the same church.
(b) Alline was dating one of his band members.
(c) She asked him to dance at a community dance.
(d) They ran into each other at a record store.
5. What band did Tina and Alline go to East St. Louis to see?
(a) The Rolling Stones.
(b) Bo Diddley.
(c) B.B. King.
(d) Ike Turner and the Kings of Rhythm.
6. Which of the following did Tina find stressful about being a rising recording star?
(a) Sleeping in cheap hotels.
(b) Signing autographs.
(c) Buying new wigs.
(d) Traveling on the road.
7. Who was the first boy Tina loved?
(a) Hank Teaford.
(b) Henry Thompson.
(c) Harry Timmons.
(d) Harry Taylor.
8. Which of the following roles did Ann Cain fill in the Turner household?
(a) Ike's lover.
(b) All of these.
(d) Business manager.
9. When was Tina Turner born?
(a) June 25, 1942.
(b) November 26, 1939.
(c) October 28, 1938.
(d) September 15, 1934.
10. How many kids were living with Ike and Tina in the Los Angeles house?
11. In what city was Tina Turner born?
(a) Nutbush, Tennessee.
(b) Little Rock, Arkansas.
(c) Memphis, Tennessee.
(d) Tupelo, Mississippi.
12. What was Tina's relationship with her sister?
(a) Very close.
13. In what city did Tina attend high school?
(a) Nutbush, Tennessee.
(b) Ripley, Tennessee.
(c) Selma, Alabama.
(d) Little Rock, Arkansas.
14. Who was Tina's cousin who was killed in a car accident?
15. What was the first instrument Ike played?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Tina have during most nights on stage?
2. What is Tina's son's name?
3. Where did the Kings of Rhythm find a permanent place to play in East St. Louis?
4. What club did Ike and Tina play in New York?
5. What type of music did Tina like during this time?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)