|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the young white girl Ike brought in for household duties?
(a) Rielle Galloway.
(b) Rhonda Graam.
(c) Rhoda Goran.
(d) Randa Garrison.
2. What did Tina throw at Ann Cain one night?
(a) A table.
(b) A bench.
(c) A lamp.
(d) A guitar.
3. What type of music did Tina like during this time?
(d) The faster the better.
4. When was Tina Turner born?
(a) October 28, 1938.
(b) June 25, 1942.
(c) November 26, 1939.
(d) September 15, 1934.
5. What was the first instrument Ike played?
6. What did Ike do with the $40,000 upfront money from a recording contract?
(a) Hired new musicians.
(b) Bought new instruments.
(c) Bought a house.
(d) Bought drugs.
7. What was Tina Turner's given name?
(a) Angie May Bilson.
(b) Anna Mae Bolton.
(c) Anne Marie Bullock.
(d) Anna Mae Bullock.
8. Where do Tina's parents go to apply for work in a plant to make military materials?
(d) Little Rock.
9. Why was Tina hospitalized which ended up stressing Ike?
10. Black jazz and rhythm and blues bands began to emerge in what year?
11. What is Tina's son's name?
12. Who was the young girl that Ike brought in to watch the kids and keep house?
(a) Frannie Brown.
(b) Anna Bolton.
(c) Amy Carson.
(d) Ann Cain.
13. Where did Ike and Tina get married?
(a) New York.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) Las Vegas.
14. What did Ike name his own band?
(a) Dukes of Dixie.
(b) Kings of Swing.
(c) Rhythm Royalty.
(d) Kings of Rhythm.
15. Who is Tina's father?
Short Answer Questions
1. What song did Ike write for someone else and Tina ended up doing the demo?
2. On what did Tina's family rely for all their music?
3. Why did Tina need to find a new place to live?
4. Who is the father of Tina's child?
5. How old was Tina when she moved to St. Louis?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)