|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what city does Tina travel to visit her parents while they are working away?
(b) Little Rock.
2. In what city was Tina Turner born?
(a) Memphis, Tennessee.
(b) Little Rock, Arkansas.
(c) Tupelo, Mississippi.
(d) Nutbush, Tennessee.
3. Where did Ike and Tina get married?
(a) Las Vegas.
(b) New York.
(c) Los Angeles.
4. Which of the following roles did Ann Cain fill in the Turner household?
(b) Business manager.
(c) Ike's lover.
(d) All of these.
5. What substance did Ike begin to use during this period?
6. Why was Tina hospitalized which ended up stressing Ike?
7. What historical event occurs in 1941 that also changes Tina's life?
(a) The Great Depression.
(b) The bombing of Pearl Harbor.
(c) Women's right to vote.
(d) The Civil Rights movement.
8. Why did Ike want to marry Tina?
(a) He wanted to be with her forever.
(b) He never loved anyone like Tina.
(c) So he could control her.
(d) To have more children.
9. What is the name of Tina's second child?
10. Where did Ike buy a house with upfront money from a recording contract?
(a) San Diego.
(b) Las Vegas.
(d) South Los Angeles.
11. How old was Tina when she moved to St. Louis?
12. What band did Tina and Alline go to East St. Louis to see?
(a) B.B. King.
(b) Bo Diddley.
(c) Ike Turner and the Kings of Rhythm.
(d) The Rolling Stones.
13. How did Tina feel about being married to Ike?
(a) Take it or leave it.
(d) Cautiously optimistic.
14. What was Tina Turner's given name?
(a) Anna Mae Bolton.
(b) Angie May Bilson.
(c) Anna Mae Bullock.
(d) Anne Marie Bullock.
15. What type of music did Tina like during this time?
(b) The faster the better.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tina think when "Fool in Love" is released by Ike and Tina Turner?
2. Who is the white girl Ike hired to be an Ikette?
3. Where did Tina move to be with her mother?
4. With whom does Tina stay while her parents are working away?
5. Who is Tina's father?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)