|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Tina Turner born?
(a) June 25, 1942.
(b) October 28, 1938.
(c) November 26, 1939.
(d) September 15, 1934.
2. Why did Ike want to marry Tina?
(a) He never loved anyone like Tina.
(b) So he could control her.
(c) To have more children.
(d) He wanted to be with her forever.
3. How many kids were living with Ike and Tina in the Los Angeles house?
4. What is Tina's son's name?
5. What did Ike use to hit Tina the first time he beat her?
(a) A fireplace poker.
(b) A ball bat.
(c) A wire hanger.
(d) A man's shoe stretcher.
6. On what television show did Ike and Tina appear?
(a) Hit Parade.
(b) American Bandstand.
(c) Dance Party.
(d) Ed Sullivan Show.
7. Which of the following did Tina find stressful about being a rising recording star?
(a) Traveling on the road.
(b) Buying new wigs.
(c) Signing autographs.
(d) Sleeping in cheap hotels.
8. How can Tina best be characterized as a child?
9. To what city had Tina's mother moved unexpectedly?
(c) St. Louis.
10. Why did Bonnie not last as an Ikette?
(a) She got pregnant.
(b) She left the band.
(c) She was white.
(d) She lost her voice.
11. In what city was Ike Turner born?
(a) San Diego, California.
(b) Butte, Montana.
(c) Clarksdale, Mississippi.
(d) Atlanta, Georgia.
12. Who was the first boy Tina loved?
(a) Harry Taylor.
(b) Henry Thompson.
(c) Harry Timmons.
(d) Hank Teaford.
13. What substance did Ike begin to use during this period?
14. Who is Tina's mother?
15. Where did Ike want to move to become a big star?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) New York.
(c) Las Vegas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Tina Turner's given name?
2. What was the name of the club in Ripley where Tina's family goes for entertainment?
3. What did Ike name the back-up singers in the group?
4. Who is the white girl Ike hired to be an Ikette?
5. With whom does Tina stay while her parents are working away?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)