|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ike do when some boys harassed Bonnie in Kentucky?
(a) Pulled his gun on them.
(b) Reported them to the police.
(c) Beat them up.
(d) Stabbed them in a fight.
2. What was the first instrument Ike played?
3. What did Tina throw at Ann Cain one night?
(a) A bench.
(b) A lamp.
(c) A table.
(d) A guitar.
4. What was Tina's relationship with her mother?
5. In what city was Ike Turner born?
(a) Atlanta, Georgia.
(b) Clarksdale, Mississippi.
(c) San Diego, California.
(d) Butte, Montana.
6. With whom does Tina stay while her parents are working away?
(a) Her maternal grandmother.
(b) Her paternal grandmother.
(c) Her mother's sister.
(d) Her godmother.
7. Who began emerging as the star of Ike's revue?
8. How old was Tina when she moved to St. Louis?
9. What did Ike name the back-up singers in the group?
(d) Little Tinas.
10. Where did Ike want to move to become a big star?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) Las Vegas.
(d) New York.
11. Where did Tina's father move after his second marriage failed?
12. Who was the first boy Tina loved?
(a) Harry Taylor.
(b) Henry Thompson.
(c) Harry Timmons.
(d) Hank Teaford.
13. Who was Tina's cousin who was killed in a car accident?
14. Why was Tina hospitalized which ended up stressing Ike?
15. What is Tina's sister's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what did Tina attribute the band's dry spell?
2. Where did Tina move to be with her mother?
3. On what did Tina's family rely for all their music?
4. Where did the Kings of Rhythm find a permanent place to play in East St. Louis?
5. In what city was Tina Turner born?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)