|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many kids were living with Ike and Tina in the Los Angeles house?
2. On what did Tina's family rely for all their music?
(a) The radio.
(b) A phonograph.
(d) Community dances.
3. How old was Tina when she moved to St. Louis?
4. What club did Ike and Tina play in New York?
(b) Club Manhattan.
(c) The Flamingo.
5. Which of the following physical characteristics was Tina born with?
(a) High cheek bones.
(b) Light brown skin.
(c) Very dark skin.
(d) Reddish hair.
6. What did Ike do with the $40,000 upfront money from a recording contract?
(a) Hired new musicians.
(b) Bought a house.
(c) Bought new instruments.
(d) Bought drugs.
7. What was Tina Turner's given name?
(a) Anne Marie Bullock.
(b) Anna Mae Bolton.
(c) Anna Mae Bullock.
(d) Angie May Bilson.
8. How did Tina meet Ike Turner?
(a) They went to the same church.
(b) Alline was dating one of his band members.
(c) They ran into each other at a record store.
(d) She asked him to dance at a community dance.
9. What did Ike name the back-up singers in the group?
(d) Little Tinas.
10. What did Tina throw at Ann Cain one night?
(a) A guitar.
(b) A bench.
(c) A lamp.
(d) A table.
11. What abusive behavior of Ike's had Ann Cain witnessed?
(a) He tied a gag in Tina's mouth.
(b) He stuck a lit cigarette up Tina's nose.
(c) He burned Tina's back with a curling iron.
(d) He locked Tina in a dark room for days.
12. What band did Tina and Alline go to East St. Louis to see?
(a) B.B. King.
(b) Bo Diddley.
(c) Ike Turner and the Kings of Rhythm.
(d) The Rolling Stones.
13. Who is Tina's father?
14. Why was having sex with Rhonda a special thrill for Ike?
(a) She looked like a younger Tina.
(b) She was underage.
(c) She truly loved him.
(d) She was a beautiful white girl.
15. To what city had Tina's mother moved unexpectedly?
(a) St. Louis.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what did Tina attribute the band's dry spell?
2. What was Tina's first impression of Ike Turner?
3. In what city was Tina Turner born?
4. What substance did Ike begin to use during this period?
5. What was Ike Turner's given name?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)