|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tina love about going to her grandmother's Pentecostal Church?
(a) The frenetic dancing.
(b) Sunday School.
(c) The sermons.
(d) The singing.
2. How old was Tina when she joined the Baptist Church choir in Springdale, Tennessee?
3. What was Tina's first impression of Ike Turner?
(a) He was gorgeous.
(b) He was really tall.
(c) He was chunky.
(d) He was ugly.
4. Who was the young girl that Ike brought in to watch the kids and keep house?
(a) Ann Cain.
(b) Amy Carson.
(c) Frannie Brown.
(d) Anna Bolton.
5. What did Ike name his own band?
(a) Rhythm Royalty.
(b) Kings of Swing.
(c) Kings of Rhythm.
(d) Dukes of Dixie.
6. Who was the white couple Tina worked for as a girl?
(a) The Sanderses.
(b) The McKinneys.
(c) The Hendersons.
(d) The Millers.
7. Who is Tina's mother?
8. On what television show did Ike and Tina appear?
(a) Hit Parade.
(b) American Bandstand.
(c) Dance Party.
(d) Ed Sullivan Show.
9. Why did Tina need to find a new place to live?
(a) She got pregnant.
(b) Her grandmother died.
(c) She flunked out of school.
(d) Her grandmother's house burned down.
10. What did Tina think when "Fool in Love" is released by Ike and Tina Turner?
(a) She loves it.
(b) She's OK with it.
(c) She doesn't like it.
(d) She hates it.
11. What did Ike do with the $40,000 upfront money from a recording contract?
(a) Hired new musicians.
(b) Bought new instruments.
(c) Bought a house.
(d) Bought drugs.
12. Why was Tina hospitalized which ended up stressing Ike?
13. What was Tina's relationship with her mother?
14. What was the name of the record produced for Ike's group by Sam Phillips?
(a) Rocket 88.
(b) Rocket to Nowhere.
(c) Rockin' Rocket.
(d) Rocket Ride.
15. To what did Tina attribute the band's dry spell?
(a) Ike's limited composing skills.
(b) Her changing voice.
(c) Ike's bad temper.
(d) The discord in the band.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Tina meet Ike Turner?
2. What was the name of the club in Ripley where Tina's family goes for entertainment?
3. What type of music did Tina like during this time?
4. With whom does Tina stay while her parents are working away?
5. On what did Tina's family rely for all their music?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)