|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Tina feel about being married to Ike?
(a) Take it or leave it.
(d) Cautiously optimistic.
2. What was the name of the dance that marked the beginning of the Sixties?
(a) The Swim.
(b) The Quick Step.
(c) The Twist.
(d) The Jitterbug.
3. Which of the following physical characteristics was Tina born with?
(a) Very dark skin.
(b) High cheek bones.
(c) Light brown skin.
(d) Reddish hair.
4. Where did Tina's father move after his second marriage failed?
5. What historical event occurs in 1941 that also changes Tina's life?
(a) The Civil Rights movement.
(b) The bombing of Pearl Harbor.
(c) The Great Depression.
(d) Women's right to vote.
6. What was Tina's relationship with her sister?
(c) Very close.
7. When did Tina become pregnant with Ike's child?
(a) Just when Ike takes up again with his wife.
(b) Just after they got engaged.
(c) Just after they got married.
(d) Just before she graduated high school.
8. Why did Ike want to marry Tina?
(a) So he could control her.
(b) To have more children.
(c) He never loved anyone like Tina.
(d) He wanted to be with her forever.
9. Who is the father of Tina's child?
(a) Richard Hall.
(b) Willie Hill.
(c) Raymond Hill.
(d) Roger Hammond.
10. Why did Ike enjoy being in Los Angeles?
(a) He loved the weather.
(b) He loved fresh fruit and vegetables.
(c) He could wheel and deal with record producers.
(d) He loved the open air houses.
11. What is Tina's sister's name?
12. How many kids were living with Ike and Tina in the Los Angeles house?
13. Where do Tina's parents go to apply for work in a plant to make military materials?
(d) Little Rock.
14. In what city was Ike Turner born?
(a) Atlanta, Georgia.
(b) Clarksdale, Mississippi.
(c) San Diego, California.
(d) Butte, Montana.
15. Black jazz and rhythm and blues bands began to emerge in what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Kings of Rhythm find a permanent place to play in East St. Louis?
2. Why did Bonnie not last as an Ikette?
3. Why did Ike beat Tina for the first time?
4. What substance did Ike begin to use during this period?
5. What type of music did Tina like during this time?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)