|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city was Tina Turner born?
(a) Nutbush, Tennessee.
(b) Memphis, Tennessee.
(c) Little Rock, Arkansas.
(d) Tupelo, Mississippi.
2. Where do Tina's parents go to apply for work in a plant to make military materials?
(a) Little Rock.
3. Why was Tina hospitalized which ended up stressing Ike?
4. Where did Tina's father move after his second marriage failed?
5. How many kids were living with Ike and Tina in the Los Angeles house?
6. How old was Tina when she joined the Baptist Church choir in Springdale, Tennessee?
7. How old was Tina when she moved to St. Louis?
8. What club did Ike and Tina play in New York?
(c) Club Manhattan.
(d) The Flamingo.
9. How can Tina best be characterized as a child?
10. What band did Tina and Alline go to East St. Louis to see?
(a) Bo Diddley.
(b) B.B. King.
(c) Ike Turner and the Kings of Rhythm.
(d) The Rolling Stones.
11. Who was Tina's cousin who was killed in a car accident?
12. With which of the following did Tina never get involved?
(b) Volunteer groups.
(c) Red Cross.
13. What was Ike's father's profession?
14. What activity did Tina participate in during high school?
15. Why did Ike beat Tina for the first time?
(a) She went out with somebody else.
(b) She had an off night on stage.
(c) She forgot to bring beer home.
(d) She said she didn't want a personal relationship with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the white couple Tina worked for as a girl?
2. What was the name of the club in Ripley where Tina's family goes for entertainment?
3. When did Tina become pregnant with Ike's child?
4. What type of music did Tina like during this time?
5. Why did Ike want to marry Tina?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)