|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following roles did Ann Cain fill in the Turner household?
(b) All of these.
(c) Ike's lover.
(d) Business manager.
2. Which of the following did Tina find stressful about being a rising recording star?
(a) Buying new wigs.
(b) Sleeping in cheap hotels.
(c) Traveling on the road.
(d) Signing autographs.
3. What did Ike name the back-up singers in the group?
(a) Little Tinas.
4. What was the first instrument Ike played?
5. What band did Tina and Alline go to East St. Louis to see?
(a) Bo Diddley.
(b) Ike Turner and the Kings of Rhythm.
(c) B.B. King.
(d) The Rolling Stones.
6. Why did Tina need to find a new place to live?
(a) Her grandmother's house burned down.
(b) Her grandmother died.
(c) She flunked out of school.
(d) She got pregnant.
7. Why did Ike beat Tina for the first time?
(a) She had an off night on stage.
(b) She said she didn't want a personal relationship with him.
(c) She forgot to bring beer home.
(d) She went out with somebody else.
8. What did Ike do with the $40,000 upfront money from a recording contract?
(a) Bought drugs.
(b) Bought a house.
(c) Hired new musicians.
(d) Bought new instruments.
9. Alline is ________________ older than Tina.
(a) Two years.
(b) One year.
(c) Five years.
(d) Three years.
10. When did Tina become pregnant with Ike's child?
(a) Just before she graduated high school.
(b) Just when Ike takes up again with his wife.
(c) Just after they got engaged.
(d) Just after they got married.
11. Where did Ike and Tina get married?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) Las Vegas.
(d) New York.
12. On what television show did Ike and Tina appear?
(a) American Bandstand.
(b) Dance Party.
(c) Hit Parade.
(d) Ed Sullivan Show.
13. When was Tina Turner born?
(a) November 26, 1939.
(b) October 28, 1938.
(c) June 25, 1942.
(d) September 15, 1934.
14. What was the name of the club in Ripley where Tina's family goes for entertainment?
(a) The Last Chance.
(b) Mercury Lounge.
(d) The Hole.
15. What was Tina's first impression of Ike Turner?
(a) He was chunky.
(b) He was ugly.
(c) He was really tall.
(d) He was gorgeous.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Ike enjoy being in Los Angeles?
2. What was the name of the record produced for Ike's group by Sam Phillips?
3. What was Tina's relationship with her mother?
4. Why did Ike want to marry Tina?
5. What song did Ike write for someone else and Tina ended up doing the demo?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)