Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Tina when she got pregnant?
2. What song did Ike write for someone else and Tina ended up doing the demo?
(a) River Deep-Mountain High.
(b) Proud Mary.
(c) Rag Doll.
(d) Fool in Love.
3. To what city does Tina travel to visit her parents while they are working away?
(b) Little Rock.
4. What does Tina love about going to her grandmother's Pentecostal Church?
(a) Sunday School.
(b) The frenetic dancing.
(c) The sermons.
(d) The singing.
5. Who was the young girl that Ike brought in to watch the kids and keep house?
(a) Ann Cain.
(b) Anna Bolton.
(c) Amy Carson.
(d) Frannie Brown.
6. What was Ike Turner's given name?
(a) Izear Luster Turner.
(b) Dwight Louis Turner.
(c) Isaiah Justice Turner.
(d) Isaac Luster Turner.
7. Who was the young white girl Ike brought in for household duties?
(a) Rielle Galloway.
(b) Rhonda Graam.
(c) Randa Garrison.
(d) Rhoda Goran.
8. What was the name of the club in Ripley where Tina's family goes for entertainment?
(a) The Last Chance.
(b) The Hole.
(c) Mercury Lounge.
9. Which of the following did Tina find stressful about being a rising recording star?
(a) Sleeping in cheap hotels.
(b) Signing autographs.
(c) Traveling on the road.
(d) Buying new wigs.
10. Why did Ike beat Tina for the first time?
(a) She forgot to bring beer home.
(b) She said she didn't want a personal relationship with him.
(c) She had an off night on stage.
(d) She went out with somebody else.
11. What was Tina Turner's given name?
(a) Angie May Bilson.
(b) Anne Marie Bullock.
(c) Anna Mae Bolton.
(d) Anna Mae Bullock.
12. What did Ike name the back-up singers in the group?
(d) Little Tinas.
13. What did Tina do after Ike beat her?
(a) Vowed to stay loyal to the career.
(b) Ran away from him.
(c) Called the police.
(d) Had her boyfriend beat him.
14. How did Tina feel about being married to Ike?
(c) Take it or leave it.
(d) Cautiously optimistic.
15. Where did the Kings of Rhythm find a permanent place to play in East St. Louis?
(a) Club Havana.
(b) Blues and Grill.
(c) Club Manhattan.
(d) The Dixie Drive-In.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ike name his own band?
2. Why was Ike not interested in Tina as a girlfriend?
3. What abusive behavior of Ike's had Ann Cain witnessed?
4. Who was the first boy Tina loved?
5. Where did Ike buy a house with upfront money from a recording contract?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)