|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the club in Ripley where Tina's family goes for entertainment?
(a) The Last Chance.
(c) Mercury Lounge.
(d) The Hole.
2. Who is the father of Tina's child?
(a) Willie Hill.
(b) Roger Hammond.
(c) Raymond Hill.
(d) Richard Hall.
3. Which of the following physical characteristics was Tina born with?
(a) Very dark skin.
(b) High cheek bones.
(c) Reddish hair.
(d) Light brown skin.
4. What did Tina think when "Fool in Love" is released by Ike and Tina Turner?
(a) She hates it.
(b) She doesn't like it.
(c) She's OK with it.
(d) She loves it.
5. How old was Tina when she got pregnant?
6. Who was Tina's cousin who was killed in a car accident?
7. With which of the following did Tina never get involved?
(b) Red Cross.
(c) Volunteer groups.
8. What club did Ike and Tina play in New York?
(b) Club Manhattan.
(c) The Flamingo.
9. Where did Ike want to move to become a big star?
(a) New York.
(c) Las Vegas.
(d) Los Angeles.
10. How many girlfriends did Ike estimate that he had during his marriage to Tina?
11. How did Tina feel about being married to Ike?
(a) Cautiously optimistic.
(b) Take it or leave it.
12. Why did Tina need to find a new place to live?
(a) She got pregnant.
(b) Her grandmother died.
(c) Her grandmother's house burned down.
(d) She flunked out of school.
13. On what did Tina's family rely for all their music?
(a) The radio.
(c) A phonograph.
(d) Community dances.
14. What did Ike name his own band?
(a) Kings of Swing.
(b) Dukes of Dixie.
(c) Rhythm Royalty.
(d) Kings of Rhythm.
15. To what did Tina attribute the band's dry spell?
(a) Her changing voice.
(b) The discord in the band.
(c) Ike's bad temper.
(d) Ike's limited composing skills.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following roles did Ann Cain fill in the Turner household?
2. What does Tina love about going to her grandmother's Pentecostal Church?
3. Why was Ike not interested in Tina as a girlfriend?
4. What did Ike do when some boys harassed Bonnie in Kentucky?
5. Who is Tina's mother?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)