|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Tina meet Ike Turner?
(a) They went to the same church.
(b) Alline was dating one of his band members.
(c) They ran into each other at a record store.
(d) She asked him to dance at a community dance.
2. What is Tina's son's name?
3. How can Tina best be characterized as a child?
4. Which of the following did Tina find stressful about being a rising recording star?
(a) Traveling on the road.
(b) Signing autographs.
(c) Sleeping in cheap hotels.
(d) Buying new wigs.
5. Why did Ike want to marry Tina?
(a) He wanted to be with her forever.
(b) So he could control her.
(c) To have more children.
(d) He never loved anyone like Tina.
6. Who had also moved in with Tina's mother?
7. What type of music did Tina like during this time?
(c) The faster the better.
8. How old was Tina when she joined the Baptist Church choir in Springdale, Tennessee?
9. To what did Tina attribute the band's dry spell?
(a) The discord in the band.
(b) Her changing voice.
(c) Ike's bad temper.
(d) Ike's limited composing skills.
10. Which of the following physical characteristics was Tina born with?
(a) Reddish hair.
(b) High cheek bones.
(c) Very dark skin.
(d) Light brown skin.
11. What did Ike name his own band?
(a) Rhythm Royalty.
(b) Dukes of Dixie.
(c) Kings of Swing.
(d) Kings of Rhythm.
12. In what city was Ike Turner born?
(a) San Diego, California.
(b) Butte, Montana.
(c) Clarksdale, Mississippi.
(d) Atlanta, Georgia.
13. Where did Tina move to be with her mother?
(a) St. Louis.
14. What was the name of the record produced for Ike's group by Sam Phillips?
(a) Rocket 88.
(b) Rocket to Nowhere.
(c) Rocket Ride.
(d) Rockin' Rocket.
15. What substance did Ike begin to use during this period?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the young girl that Ike brought in to watch the kids and keep house?
2. Why was having sex with Rhonda a special thrill for Ike?
3. In what city did Tina attend high school?
4. On what television show did Ike and Tina appear?
5. Who was the white couple Tina worked for as a girl?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)