|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ike name his own band?
(a) Kings of Rhythm.
(b) Kings of Swing.
(c) Rhythm Royalty.
(d) Dukes of Dixie.
2. How old was Tina when she joined the Baptist Church choir in Springdale, Tennessee?
3. What did Tina throw at Ann Cain one night?
(a) A table.
(b) A bench.
(c) A lamp.
(d) A guitar.
4. Why did Ike enjoy being in Los Angeles?
(a) He loved the open air houses.
(b) He loved fresh fruit and vegetables.
(c) He could wheel and deal with record producers.
(d) He loved the weather.
5. Where did Ike want to move to become a big star?
(a) Las Vegas.
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
6. When was Tina Turner born?
(a) October 28, 1938.
(b) November 26, 1939.
(c) June 25, 1942.
(d) September 15, 1934.
7. How many kids were living with Ike and Tina in the Los Angeles house?
8. Where did Tina move to be with her mother?
(c) St. Louis.
9. Who is the father of Tina's child?
(a) Roger Hammond.
(b) Raymond Hill.
(c) Richard Hall.
(d) Willie Hill.
10. Which of the following physical characteristics was Tina born with?
(a) Very dark skin.
(b) High cheek bones.
(c) Light brown skin.
(d) Reddish hair.
11. On what did Tina's family rely for all their music?
(b) Community dances.
(c) The radio.
(d) A phonograph.
12. Where did the Kings of Rhythm find a permanent place to play in East St. Louis?
(a) Club Manhattan.
(b) The Dixie Drive-In.
(c) Club Havana.
(d) Blues and Grill.
13. Where did Ike and Tina get married?
(a) New York.
(b) Las Vegas.
(c) Los Angeles.
14. What did Ike do when some boys harassed Bonnie in Kentucky?
(a) Pulled his gun on them.
(b) Reported them to the police.
(c) Stabbed them in a fight.
(d) Beat them up.
15. What is the name of Tina's second child?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Ike not interested in Tina as a girlfriend?
2. What type of music did Tina like during this time?
3. With which of the following did Tina never get involved?
4. Black jazz and rhythm and blues bands began to emerge in what year?
5. What did Ike name the back-up singers in the group?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)