|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Tina's first impression of Ike Turner?
(a) He was gorgeous.
(b) He was chunky.
(c) He was ugly.
(d) He was really tall.
2. What did Ike name his own band?
(a) Kings of Swing.
(b) Rhythm Royalty.
(c) Kings of Rhythm.
(d) Dukes of Dixie.
3. Why did Tina need to find a new place to live?
(a) She flunked out of school.
(b) Her grandmother's house burned down.
(c) Her grandmother died.
(d) She got pregnant.
4. Where did Tina's father move after his second marriage failed?
5. Why did Bonnie not last as an Ikette?
(a) She got pregnant.
(b) She lost her voice.
(c) She left the band.
(d) She was white.
6. With whom does Tina stay while her parents are working away?
(a) Her paternal grandmother.
(b) Her maternal grandmother.
(c) Her godmother.
(d) Her mother's sister.
7. What did Tina think when "Fool in Love" is released by Ike and Tina Turner?
(a) She's OK with it.
(b) She loves it.
(c) She hates it.
(d) She doesn't like it.
8. What did Ike name the back-up singers in the group?
(a) Little Tinas.
9. What does Tina love about going to her grandmother's Pentecostal Church?
(a) Sunday School.
(b) The singing.
(c) The frenetic dancing.
(d) The sermons.
10. To what did Tina attribute the band's dry spell?
(a) Ike's bad temper.
(b) Ike's limited composing skills.
(c) Her changing voice.
(d) The discord in the band.
11. What historical event occurs in 1941 that also changes Tina's life?
(a) Women's right to vote.
(b) The Civil Rights movement.
(c) The bombing of Pearl Harbor.
(d) The Great Depression.
12. To what city does Tina travel to visit her parents while they are working away?
(a) Little Rock.
13. How long do Tina's parents live away from their daughters due to work circumstances?
(a) Two months.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Two years.
(d) One year.
14. What band did Tina and Alline go to East St. Louis to see?
(a) The Rolling Stones.
(b) B.B. King.
(c) Ike Turner and the Kings of Rhythm.
(d) Bo Diddley.
15. In what city did Tina attend high school?
(a) Nutbush, Tennessee.
(b) Little Rock, Arkansas.
(c) Ripley, Tennessee.
(d) Selma, Alabama.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Tina's father?
2. What was the name of the dance that marked the beginning of the Sixties?
3. When did Tina become pregnant with Ike's child?
4. Who was Tina's cousin who was killed in a car accident?
5. How old was Tina when she joined the Baptist Church choir in Springdale, Tennessee?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)