|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Tina throw at Ann Cain one night?
(a) A lamp.
(b) A table.
(c) A guitar.
(d) A bench.
2. What did Tina think when "Fool in Love" is released by Ike and Tina Turner?
(a) She hates it.
(b) She loves it.
(c) She's OK with it.
(d) She doesn't like it.
3. Which of the following does Tina have during most nights on stage?
(a) Facial injury.
(b) Audience participation.
(c) Stage fright.
4. What was the name of the record produced for Ike's group by Sam Phillips?
(a) Rocket 88.
(b) Rockin' Rocket.
(c) Rocket to Nowhere.
(d) Rocket Ride.
5. On what television show did Ike and Tina appear?
(a) Ed Sullivan Show.
(b) American Bandstand.
(c) Dance Party.
(d) Hit Parade.
6. When was Tina Turner born?
(a) September 15, 1934.
(b) November 26, 1939.
(c) June 25, 1942.
(d) October 28, 1938.
7. Where did Tina move to be with her mother?
(d) St. Louis.
8. Who is the father of Tina's child?
(a) Roger Hammond.
(b) Willie Hill.
(c) Raymond Hill.
(d) Richard Hall.
9. To what did Tina attribute the band's dry spell?
(a) Ike's bad temper.
(b) Her changing voice.
(c) The discord in the band.
(d) Ike's limited composing skills.
10. What was Tina's relationship with her mother?
11. What is Tina's sister's name?
12. Who was the white couple Tina worked for as a girl?
(a) The Millers.
(b) The McKinneys.
(c) The Hendersons.
(d) The Sanderses.
13. Which of the following did Tina find stressful about being a rising recording star?
(a) Signing autographs.
(b) Buying new wigs.
(c) Sleeping in cheap hotels.
(d) Traveling on the road.
14. Where did Tina's father move after his second marriage failed?
15. What was the first instrument Ike played?
Short Answer Questions
1. What band did Tina and Alline go to East St. Louis to see?
2. What is Tina's son's name?
3. Tina feels that her mother did not want ________________.
4. Where did the Kings of Rhythm find a permanent place to play in East St. Louis?
5. Who is Tina's father?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)