|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Black jazz and rhythm and blues bands began to emerge in what year?
2. What does Tina love about going to her grandmother's Pentecostal Church?
(a) The frenetic dancing.
(b) The sermons.
(c) The singing.
(d) Sunday School.
3. How many girlfriends did Ike estimate that he had during his marriage to Tina?
4. What type of music did Tina like during this time?
(d) The faster the better.
5. Which of the following did Tina find stressful about being a rising recording star?
(a) Signing autographs.
(b) Sleeping in cheap hotels.
(c) Buying new wigs.
(d) Traveling on the road.
6. What was the name of the record produced for Ike's group by Sam Phillips?
(a) Rockin' Rocket.
(b) Rocket 88.
(c) Rocket to Nowhere.
(d) Rocket Ride.
7. Where did Ike and Tina get married?
(a) Las Vegas.
(b) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
8. What is Tina's son's name?
9. How many kids were living with Ike and Tina in the Los Angeles house?
10. Who had also moved in with Tina's mother?
11. When did Tina become pregnant with Ike's child?
(a) Just after they got engaged.
(b) Just before she graduated high school.
(c) Just when Ike takes up again with his wife.
(d) Just after they got married.
12. Which of the following physical characteristics was Tina born with?
(a) Light brown skin.
(b) High cheek bones.
(c) Very dark skin.
(d) Reddish hair.
13. To what city had Tina's mother moved unexpectedly?
(d) St. Louis.
14. Why did Ike enjoy being in Los Angeles?
(a) He loved fresh fruit and vegetables.
(b) He loved the open air houses.
(c) He could wheel and deal with record producers.
(d) He loved the weather.
15. What did Ike do when some boys harassed Bonnie in Kentucky?
(a) Beat them up.
(b) Pulled his gun on them.
(c) Reported them to the police.
(d) Stabbed them in a fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city did Tina attend high school?
2. Where did Tina move to be with her mother?
3. In what city was Ike Turner born?
4. Who was Tina's cousin who was killed in a car accident?
5. Why did Ike want to marry Tina?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)