|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12: The Great Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The addition of rock songs into Ike and Tina's R&B sounds was called __________________.
(a) A mistake.
(b) Black rock.
(c) Black 'n roll.
(d) Boogie rock.
2. What intrigued Spector about Ike and Tina's show?
(a) Tina's singing talent.
(b) The songwriting.
(c) The Ikettes.
(d) Ike's guitar playing.
3. What song did Spector want Tina to record?
(a) Papa Was a Rolling Stone.
(b) River Deep-Mountain High.
(c) Rag Doll.
(d) Proud Mary.
4. Alline is ________________ older than Tina.
(a) One year.
(b) Three years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Five years.
5. Which of the following physical characteristics was Tina born with?
(a) Reddish hair.
(b) Very dark skin.
(c) High cheek bones.
(d) Light brown skin.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what did Tina attribute the band's dry spell?
2. What did Ike use to hit Tina the first time he beat her?
3. Where did Tina stay the night she ran away from Ike?
4. How much was Tina paid for recording "River Deep-Mountain High'?
5. Which of the following did Tina find stressful about being a rising recording star?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)