|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12: The Great Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Tina stay while her parents are working away?
(a) Her godmother.
(b) Her mother's sister.
(c) Her maternal grandmother.
(d) Her paternal grandmother.
2. Black jazz and rhythm and blues bands began to emerge in what year?
3. Who was the white couple Tina worked for as a girl?
(a) The Hendersons.
(b) The Sanderses.
(c) The McKinneys.
(d) The Millers.
4. What was Tina Turner's given name?
(a) Anne Marie Bullock.
(b) Angie May Bilson.
(c) Anna Mae Bolton.
(d) Anna Mae Bullock.
5. Why did Ike want to marry Tina?
(a) So he could control her.
(b) He wanted to be with her forever.
(c) To have more children.
(d) He never loved anyone like Tina.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the state of Ike and Tina's live appearances in the mid Seventies?
2. How can Tina best be characterized as a child?
3. What did Ike use to hit Tina the first time he beat her?
4. Which group invited Ike and Tina to go on tour?
5. Which of the following acts did Phil Spector produce?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)