|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: Los Angeles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the club in Ripley where Tina's family goes for entertainment?
(b) Mercury Lounge.
(c) The Hole.
(d) The Last Chance.
2. Where did the Kings of Rhythm find a permanent place to play in East St. Louis?
(a) Club Manhattan.
(b) The Dixie Drive-In.
(c) Blues and Grill.
(d) Club Havana.
3. Why did Ike beat Tina for the first time?
(a) She said she didn't want a personal relationship with him.
(b) She forgot to bring beer home.
(c) She went out with somebody else.
(d) She had an off night on stage.
4. Tina feels that her mother did not want ________________.
(a) A divorce.
(b) A job.
(c) To move to Tennessee.
(d) A second child.
5. How old was Tina when she joined the Baptist Church choir in Springdale, Tennessee?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Ike want to move to become a big star?
2. In what city did Tina attend high school?
3. What was the name of the record produced for Ike's group by Sam Phillips?
4. Where did Tina move to be with her mother?
5. Which of the following did Tina find stressful about being a rising recording star?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)