|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: Los Angeles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city was Tina Turner born?
(a) Tupelo, Mississippi.
(b) Little Rock, Arkansas.
(c) Memphis, Tennessee.
(d) Nutbush, Tennessee.
2. What was the name of the record produced for Ike's group by Sam Phillips?
(a) Rocket Ride.
(b) Rockin' Rocket.
(c) Rocket 88.
(d) Rocket to Nowhere.
3. Who was the white couple Tina worked for as a girl?
(a) The McKinneys.
(b) The Millers.
(c) The Sanderses.
(d) The Hendersons.
4. Alline is ________________ older than Tina.
(a) Three years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Five years.
(d) One year.
5. Black jazz and rhythm and blues bands began to emerge in what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Tina when she got pregnant?
2. Which of the following did Tina find stressful about being a rising recording star?
3. In what city did Tina attend high school?
4. How can Tina best be characterized as a child?
5. Who began emerging as the star of Ike's revue?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)