|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: Clarksdale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tina love about going to her grandmother's Pentecostal Church?
(a) The sermons.
(b) Sunday School.
(c) The frenetic dancing.
(d) The singing.
2. What band did Tina and Alline go to East St. Louis to see?
(a) Bo Diddley.
(b) Ike Turner and the Kings of Rhythm.
(c) The Rolling Stones.
(d) B.B. King.
3. In what city was Ike Turner born?
(a) San Diego, California.
(b) Atlanta, Georgia.
(c) Clarksdale, Mississippi.
(d) Butte, Montana.
4. What did Ike name his own band?
(a) Rhythm Royalty.
(b) Kings of Rhythm.
(c) Kings of Swing.
(d) Dukes of Dixie.
5. With whom does Tina stay while her parents are working away?
(a) Her mother's sister.
(b) Her paternal grandmother.
(c) Her godmother.
(d) Her maternal grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Ike's father's profession?
2. Who is Tina's mother?
3. Where did Tina's father move after his second marriage failed?
4. How long do Tina's parents live away from their daughters due to work circumstances?
5. Who was the white couple Tina worked for as a girl?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)