|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: Los Angeles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Kings of Rhythm find a permanent place to play in East St. Louis?
(a) Club Manhattan.
(b) Blues and Grill.
(c) The Dixie Drive-In.
(d) Club Havana.
2. Where do Tina's parents go to apply for work in a plant to make military materials?
(a) Little Rock.
3. Why did Tina need to find a new place to live?
(a) Her grandmother died.
(b) Her grandmother's house burned down.
(c) She flunked out of school.
(d) She got pregnant.
4. Where did Ike and Tina get married?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) New York.
(d) Las Vegas.
5. How did Tina meet Ike Turner?
(a) Alline was dating one of his band members.
(b) She asked him to dance at a community dance.
(c) They ran into each other at a record store.
(d) They went to the same church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first instrument Ike played?
2. With whom does Tina stay while her parents are working away?
3. Which of the following does Tina have during most nights on stage?
4. Where did Tina move to be with her mother?
5. What did Ike use to hit Tina the first time he beat her?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)