|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13: Independence Day.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the white girl Ike hired to be an Ikette?
(a) Bonnie Burns.
(b) Birdie Bramlett.
(c) Betty Branson.
(d) Bonnie Bramlett.
2. What was Ike Turner's given name?
(a) Isaac Luster Turner.
(b) Isaiah Justice Turner.
(c) Dwight Louis Turner.
(d) Izear Luster Turner.
3. How old was Tina when she moved to St. Louis?
4. Where did the Kings of Rhythm find a permanent place to play in East St. Louis?
(a) Club Havana.
(b) The Dixie Drive-In.
(c) Club Manhattan.
(d) Blues and Grill.
5. What did Ike do with the $40,000 upfront money from a recording contract?
(a) Bought drugs.
(b) Hired new musicians.
(c) Bought new instruments.
(d) Bought a house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tina's son's name?
2. Why was Ike not interested in Tina as a girlfriend?
3. Why did musicians stop renting Ike's studios?
4. Why did Tina order Ann Thomas to move out of her house?
5. Why did Bonnie not last as an Ikette?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)