|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: A Fool in Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What band did Tina and Alline go to East St. Louis to see?
(a) Ike Turner and the Kings of Rhythm.
(b) B.B. King.
(c) Bo Diddley.
(d) The Rolling Stones.
2. What club did Ike and Tina play in New York?
(c) The Flamingo.
(d) Club Manhattan.
3. What did Tina think when "Fool in Love" is released by Ike and Tina Turner?
(a) She hates it.
(b) She doesn't like it.
(c) She's OK with it.
(d) She loves it.
4. When was Tina Turner born?
(a) November 26, 1939.
(b) October 28, 1938.
(c) June 25, 1942.
(d) September 15, 1934.
5. What song did Ike write for someone else and Tina ended up doing the demo?
(a) River Deep-Mountain High.
(b) Rag Doll.
(c) Fool in Love.
(d) Proud Mary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What historical event occurs in 1941 that also changes Tina's life?
2. To what city had Tina's mother moved unexpectedly?
3. What did Ike name the back-up singers in the group?
4. Why did Ike beat Tina for the first time?
5. What was the name of the record produced for Ike's group by Sam Phillips?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)