|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: A Fool in Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Tina move to be with her mother?
(b) St. Louis.
2. What did Ike name his own band?
(a) Dukes of Dixie.
(b) Kings of Rhythm.
(c) Kings of Swing.
(d) Rhythm Royalty.
3. In what city did Tina attend high school?
(a) Ripley, Tennessee.
(b) Nutbush, Tennessee.
(c) Selma, Alabama.
(d) Little Rock, Arkansas.
4. What was the name of the record produced for Ike's group by Sam Phillips?
(a) Rocket Ride.
(b) Rocket 88.
(c) Rocket to Nowhere.
(d) Rockin' Rocket.
5. Where did Tina's father move after his second marriage failed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first instrument Ike played?
2. In what city was Tina Turner born?
3. Black jazz and rhythm and blues bands began to emerge in what year?
4. Tina feels that her mother did not want ________________.
5. When was Tina Turner born?
This section contains 153 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)