|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9: Rock Bottom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tina love about going to her grandmother's Pentecostal Church?
(a) The singing.
(b) The frenetic dancing.
(c) The sermons.
(d) Sunday School.
2. What club did Ike and Tina play in New York?
(a) Club Manhattan.
(b) The Flamingo.
3. What abusive behavior of Ike's had Ann Cain witnessed?
(a) He locked Tina in a dark room for days.
(b) He tied a gag in Tina's mouth.
(c) He stuck a lit cigarette up Tina's nose.
(d) He burned Tina's back with a curling iron.
4. What was Ike Turner's given name?
(a) Izear Luster Turner.
(b) Dwight Louis Turner.
(c) Isaiah Justice Turner.
(d) Isaac Luster Turner.
5. On what television show did Ike and Tina appear?
(a) Hit Parade.
(b) American Bandstand.
(c) Ed Sullivan Show.
(d) Dance Party.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many kids were living with Ike and Tina in the Los Angeles house?
2. How old was Tina when she joined the Baptist Church choir in Springdale, Tennessee?
3. Where did Ike want to move to become a big star?
4. What historical event occurs in 1941 that also changes Tina's life?
5. What was the name of the record produced for Ike's group by Sam Phillips?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)