|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12: The Great Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ike name his own band?
(a) Kings of Swing.
(b) Dukes of Dixie.
(c) Kings of Rhythm.
(d) Rhythm Royalty.
2. What was the name of the record produced for Ike's group by Sam Phillips?
(a) Rocket to Nowhere.
(b) Rockin' Rocket.
(c) Rocket 88.
(d) Rocket Ride.
3. Which of the following acts did Phil Spector produce?
(a) The Crystals.
(b) Elvis Presley.
(c) The Dave Clark Five.
(d) Herman's Hermits.
4. How did the hotel manager know Tina was in danger?
(a) She was talking out of her head.
(b) She was acting very paranoid.
(c) She threatened the manager.
(d) She was very battered.
5. What intrigued Spector about Ike and Tina's show?
(a) Tina's singing talent.
(b) The Ikettes.
(c) Ike's guitar playing.
(d) The songwriting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the boy genius of the musical world in the Sixties?
2. In what city was Ike Turner born?
3. Where did the Kings of Rhythm find a permanent place to play in East St. Louis?
4. In what city did Ike and Tina have a scheduled appearance in July, 1976?
5. How much money did Tina have with her when she ran away from Ike in Dallas?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)