|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12: The Great Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which group invited Ike and Tina to go on tour?
(a) The Dave Clark Five.
(b) The Rolling Stones.
(c) The Beatles.
(d) The Byrds.
2. What intrigued Spector about Ike and Tina's show?
(a) Ike's guitar playing.
(b) The songwriting.
(c) Tina's singing talent.
(d) The Ikettes.
3. Spector's approach to music became known as ________________.
(a) The wall of sound.
(b) The most sound around.
(c) Universal sound.
(d) Bound to be sound.
4. In what city was Ike Turner born?
(a) Clarksdale, Mississippi.
(b) Butte, Montana.
(c) Atlanta, Georgia.
(d) San Diego, California.
5. How much was Tina paid for recording "River Deep-Mountain High'?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the hotel manager know Tina was in danger?
2. Why was Ike not interested in Tina as a girlfriend?
3. Which country did Tina instantly fall in love with while on tour?
4. Where did the Kings of Rhythm find a permanent place to play in East St. Louis?
5. What was the name of the record produced for Ike's group by Sam Phillips?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)