Chapter 1: Nut Bush
* Anna Mae Bullock, later to be known as Tina turner, was born in the small farming community of Nutbush, Tennessee, on November 26, 1939.
* Tina was the younger daughter of Floyd Richard Bullock and his wife, Zelma. Anna's Mae's sister, Alline, was three years older than Anna Mae.
* Tina was born with light brown skin, reddish hair and Native American bone structure.
* Tina was an energetic child as opposed to the slower moving Alline.
* Tina loved her mother but felt she did not want a second child and felt a detachment from her that lingered for years.
Chapter 2: Childhood's End
* When World War II broke out in 1941, Tina's parents went to Nashville to work in a military materials plant so Tina stayed with her paternal grandmother for two years.
* Tina didn't like staying with her strict grandmother but delighted in the frenetic dancing of the Pentecostal Church...
This section contains 2,462 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)