|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ashe’s first name in the novel?
2. What is the name of a group of non-religious, anti-robot activists in “Evidence”?
3. When did a new social atmosphere in France tumble first the Bourbons and, eventually, the Hapsburgs, according to the Co-ordinator in “The Evitable Conflict”?
4. What does Donovan do when the ship returns to Earth in “Escape!”?
(a) Prays to God.
(b) Calls his wife.
(c) Calls his mother.
(d) Kisses the ground.
5. What is Lanning’s first name in the novel?
6. When Lanning and Calvin interview Byerley, he consumes what to disprove Quinn’s theory in “Evidence”?
(a) A banana.
(b) An apple.
(c) A pear.
(d) A peach.
7. Dr. Calvin is almost how old in the beginning of “The Evitable Conflict”?
8. The “Society for Humanity” is an outgrowth of what former organization in “The Evitable Conflict”?
(a) The Fundamentalists.
(b) The Proletariats.
(c) The Communists.
(d) The Observers.
9. What robot model is Herbie in “Liar!”?
10. The Interviewer claims that after Susan Calvin the story of “Liar!,” it was how many days until he could get to see her again?
11. How long does The Brain say it will take to build a ship in “Escape!”?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 3 years.
12. Where are Dr. Calvin and the Co-ordinator in the beginning of “The Evitable Conflict”?
(a) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
13. What company has approached U.S. Robot with a proposition in “Escape!”?
(a) Mercury Robots International.
(b) Jameson Robots.
(c) U.S. International Robots.
(d) Consolidated Robots.
14. The narrator states in “Escape!” that over the matter of hours the equivalent of how many “fat volumes of mathematical physics were fed into The Brain”?
15. How long does it take Dr. Calvin to interview all of the robots in “Little Lost Robot”?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 5 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the son of the founder of U.S. Robot and Mechanical Men Corporation?
2. What Latin theatrical term does Dr. Calvin refer to in “The Evitable Conflict”?
3. The area of the European Region covers how many square miles in “The Evitable Conflict”?
4. Who causes Herbie to self-destruct in “Liar!”?
5. Dr. Calvin says in the end of “Evidence” that when Stephen Byerley decided to die, he had himself what?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)