|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bogert tell robot number fourteen will destroy his brain and kill him instantly in “Little Lost Robot”?
(a) Laser rays.
(b) Beta rays.
(c) Gamma rays.
(d) Radium rays.
2. Who confronts Dr. Lanning with his theory that Stephen Byerley is a robot in “Evidence”?
(b) Francis Quinn.
(c) Dr. Lanning.
(d) Dr. Calvin.
3. How many of the new NS-2s have been released in “Little Lost Robot”?
4. What is the missing robot referred to as in “Little Lost Robot”?
(c) Nestor 10.
5. Susan Calvin takes Herbie two kinds of books in “Liar!” What is the first type of books?
(a) Mystery novels.
(b) Shakespearean plays.
(c) Postmodern dramas.
(d) Mathematical textbooks.
6. What is initially offered as evidence to Dr. Lanning that Stephen Byerley is a robot in “Evidence”?
(a) He’s got gray hair.
(b) He never ages.
(c) He drinks lighter fluid.
(d) He’s never been seen eating or drinking.
7. What does the Co-ordinator say “reports an overproduction of twenty thousand long tons” in the beginning of “The Evitable Conflict”?
(a) World Silver.
(b) World Steel.
(c) World Copper.
(d) World Gold.
8. What does the Co-ordinator say is two months behind schedule in “The Evitable Conflict”?
(a) The Mexican Canal.
(b) The Erie Canal.
(c) The South African Canal.
(d) The Pan-American Canal.
9. The area of the European Region covers how many square miles in “The Evitable Conflict”?
10. Dr. Calvin reveals that the man who Stephen Byerley hit in the crowd was what in “Evidence”?
(a) A robot.
(b) A judge.
(c) A Republican.
(d) A spy.
11. The only visible control or monitor built by The Brain is one that displays distance traveled in what, in “Escape!”?
12. What does Dr. Calvin call out over her shoulder to the press as she leaves the public rally in “Evidence”?
(a) “He’s God.”
(b) “He’s a robot.”
(c) “He’s human.”
(d) “He’s a Machine.”
13. When did a new social atmosphere in France tumble first the Bourbons and, eventually, the Hapsburgs, according to the Co-ordinator in “The Evitable Conflict”?
14. When she is leaving Stephen Byerley’s office, Dr. Calvin tells him that she hopes to vote for him in five years for what in “Evidence”?
15. The robots in “Little Lost Robot” have been programmed with a modified version of the First Law, removing what provision?
(a) A robot will save itself from harm.
(b) A robot will follow human commands.
(c) A robot will kill others.
(d) A robot will not let a human come to harm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What numbered robot does Dr. Calvin ask if it were in the “Radiation Room of Building Two about four hours ago”?
2. Who does the Major-General say he is responsible to in an argument with Dr. Calvin in “Little Lost Robot”?
3. In what year did the Regions of Earth form a Federation, according to Dr. Calvin in “Evidence”?
4. Where does the Co-ordinator say the Hydroponics plant has been laying men off in “The Evitable Conflict”?
5. What is The Brain’s answer when given the question: “If one and a half chickens lay one and a half eggs in one and a half days, how many eggs will nine chickens lay in nine days?”
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)