|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the character of Levver’s first name in the novel?
2. What Latin theatrical term does Dr. Calvin refer to in “The Evitable Conflict”?
(a) Omniscient narrator.
(c) Deus ex machina.
3. Who is the son of the founder of U.S. Robot and Mechanical Men Corporation?
4. Who causes Herbie to self-destruct in “Liar!”?
5. Where does the Co-ordinator say that the Mercury mines have experienced a production deficiency since last spring in “The Evitable Conflict”?
6. What does the Co-ordinator say “reports an overproduction of twenty thousand long tons” in the beginning of “The Evitable Conflict”?
(a) World Steel.
(b) World Gold.
(c) World Silver.
(d) World Copper.
7. Stephen Byerley went on to become the first what in his political career, according to Dr. Calvin in “Evidence”?
(a) World Co-ordinator.
(b) Robotic Governor.
(c) Global President.
(d) Robotic Emperor.
8. Where does the Co-ordinator say the Hydroponics plant has been laying men off in “The Evitable Conflict”?
9. The Interviewer claims that after Susan Calvin the story of “Liar!,” it was how many days until he could get to see her again?
10. The company that has propositioned U.S. Robot in “Escape!” has promised how much money to U.S. Robot if there is a solution to their problem, plus the costs of construction?
11. When does Dr. Calvin say that Stephen Byerley died in “Evidence”?
(a) 1 year ago.
(b) 10 years ago.
(c) 2 years ago.
(d) 4 years ago.
12. When Lanning and Calvin interview Byerley, he consumes what to disprove Quinn’s theory in “Evidence”?
(a) A banana.
(b) A peach.
(c) An apple.
(d) A pear.
13. What numbered robot does Dr. Calvin ask if it were in the “Radiation Room of Building Two about four hours ago”?
14. Who is the head of mechanics and manufacturing at U.S. Robots in “Liar!”?
15. What does Bogert tell robot number fourteen will destroy his brain and kill him instantly in “Little Lost Robot”?
(a) Radium rays.
(b) Gamma rays.
(c) Laser rays.
(d) Beta rays.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Calvin is almost how old in the beginning of “The Evitable Conflict”?
2. What character in “Evidence” is described as maimed and crippled?
3. Herbie reads Calvin’s thoughts and discovers that she is attracted to whom in “Liar!”?
4. As Byerley begins to speak at a public rally in “Evidence,” an unkempt looking man charges the stage and demands that Byerley do what?
5. Herbie has developed the ability to do what in “Liar!”?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)