|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Calvin in “Liar!,” the kind of harm referred to in the First Law is expanding to include the concept of what in Herbie?
(a) Hypothetical pain.
(b) Existential dilemma.
(c) Emotional pain.
(d) Physical pain.
2. What is the atomic drive to power interstellar travel referred to as in “Little Lost Robot”?
(a) The Brain's Ship.
(b) The Converter Drive.
(c) The Hyperatomic Drive.
(d) The Subsidiary Drive.
3. What Latin theatrical term does Dr. Calvin refer to in “The Evitable Conflict”?
(a) Deus ex machina.
(b) Omniscient narrator.
4. Susan Calvin says in “Little Lost Robot” that her first connection with interstellar research was in what year?
5. The personality instilled in The Brain is described as being like what?
(a) A woman.
(b) A dog.
(c) A child.
(d) A man.
6. When did Stephen Byerley first enter public office, according to Dr. Calvin in “Evidence”?
7. What robot model is Herbie in “Liar!”?
8. What is the character of Levver’s first name in the novel?
9. Who is the head of mechanics and manufacturing at U.S. Robots in “Liar!”?
10. How many years have passed between the end of “Catch That Rabbit” and the beginning of “Liar!”?
11. How many days have Donovan and Powell been on the ship when the encounter the interstellar jump in “Escape!”?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 10 days.
(d) 5 days.
12. The only visible control or monitor built by The Brain is one that displays distance traveled in what, in “Escape!”?
13. In what year did the Regions of Earth form a Federation, according to Dr. Calvin in “Evidence”?
14. Where does Donovan suggest the ship be sent in the end of “Escape!”?
(a) The Canadian Military.
(b) The U.S. Military.
(c) U.S. Robots.
(d) Consolidated Robots.
15. What character in “Evidence” is described as maimed and crippled?
Short Answer Questions
1. The “Society for Humanity” is an outgrowth of what former organization in “The Evitable Conflict”?
2. The company that has propositioned U.S. Robot in “Escape!” has promised how much money to U.S. Robot if there is no solution to their problem but U.S. Robot can tell them the missing factors?
3. What position does Stephen Byerley hold when he first runs for public office in “Evidence”?
4. What title has Lanning taken in “Escape!”?
5. Herbie has developed the ability to do what in “Liar!”?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)