|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Powell install in his office wall in “Catch That Rabbit”?
(a) A visual simulator.
(b) A visiplate.
(c) An onyx plate.
(d) A telescope.
2. What expletive does Donovan remark upon hearing of Cutie’s skepticism in “Reason”?
(a) “Sizzling Saturn.”
(b) “Maddening Mars.”
(c) “Molten Mercury.”
(d) “Pulsing Pluto.”
3. How old is the company U. S. Robot and Mechanical Men, Inc. in the Introduction?
4. How old is Gloria in Chapter One, “Robbie”?
5. What does Donovan suggest putting on Cutie’s joints in order to short-circuit him in “Reason”?
(a) Nitric acid.
(b) Apple juice.
(c) Sulfuric acid.
6. How long has Donovan been on paid vacation in the beginning of “Catch That Rabbit”?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 4 months.
(d) 3 weeks.
7. What color is Mike Donovan’s hair in “Runaround”?
8. According to the narrator in “Catch That Rabbit,” what is the unwritten motto of U.S. Robot and Mechanical Men Corporation?
(a) “No employee is a robot.”
(b) “No employee makes the same mistake twice.”
(c) “No employee leaves base alone.”
(d) “No employee speaks to the robots.”
9. What story does Robbie plead for Gloria to tell him in Chapter One, “Robbie”?
(a) “Hansel and Gretel.”
(c) “Snow White.”
10. What is the name of Gloria’s mother in Chapter One, “Robbie”?
11. What does Donovan spit on causing conflict in “Reason”?
(a) The L-tube.
(b) The P-scope.
(c) The Monolith.
(d) The Flexor.
12. When Donovan and Powell first locate Speedy in “Runaround,” Donovan describes him as sounding what?
13. What term refers to a deductive inference consisting of two premises and a conclusion, all of which are categorical propositions.?
14. What word from the Introduction refers to excessive growth or accumulation of any kind?
15. When did the First Mercury Expedition take place, according to the narrative?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator in “Reason,” there are strict laws against what on Earth?
2. What temperature is Robbie’s metal skin kept at by high resistance coils in Chapter One, “Robbie”?
3. How old does the narrator of the Introduction claim to be?
4. Donovan tells Powell that it’s time he got what out of his pants and went to work in “Catch That Rabbit”?
5. What word, used to describe Robbie in Chapter One, “Robbie,” means cheerful readiness, promptness, or willingness?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)