|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long have Powell and Donovan been on Mercury in the beginning of “Runaround”?
(a) 4 days.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 12 hours.
(d) 6 hours.
2. In what year did Susan Calvin earn her Ph.D., according to the narrator of the Introduction?
3. What is the name of Gloria’s father in Chapter One, “Robbie”?
4. In what year did Susan Calvin obtain her bachelor’s degree, according to the narrator of the Introduction?
5. Donovan tells Powell that it’s time he got what out of his pants and went to work in “Catch That Rabbit”?
(a) His phone.
(b) The red tape.
(c) The stick.
(d) His gun.
6. In what year was Susan Calvin born?
7. According to Donovan in “Runaround,” he sent Speedy to the nearest mining pool which was how many miles away from Donovan and Powell’s location in “Runaround”?
8. What expletive does Donovan remark upon hearing of Cutie’s skepticism in “Reason”?
(a) “Sizzling Saturn.”
(b) “Maddening Mars.”
(c) “Molten Mercury.”
(d) “Pulsing Pluto.”
9. In what year was the Second Mercury Expedition sent out, according to Susan Calvin?
10. What do the robots in “Catch That Rabbit” begin doing when they are supposedly unobserved by Powell and Donovan at the mines?
(a) Kneeling and praying.
(b) Climbing the mountain.
(d) Marching in unison.
11. What model robot is Cutie in “Reason”?
12. How old does the narrator of the Introduction claim to be?
13. Gloria is playing what game with Robbie in the beginning of Chapter One, "Robbie”?
(a) Chutes and Ladders.
(b) Hide and seek.
14. How long has Donovan been on paid vacation in the beginning of “Catch That Rabbit”?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 6 months.
15. According to Susan Calvin, the model of robot which included Robbie was sold to be used as what?
(a) A nursemaid.
(b) A miner.
(c) A factory worker.
(d) A maid.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the “Psycho-Math seminar” described by the narrator in the Introduction, who demonstrated the first mobile robot to be equipped with a voice?
2. According to Powell in “Catch That Rabbit,” if Powell and Donovan had what tester, they could check each individual item in Dave’s body within twenty-four to forty-eight hours?
3. According to Powell, the first step of what is catching the rabbit in “Catch That Rabbit”?
4. How much does Dave weight in “Catch That Rabbit”?
5. Where is the officer’s room described as being located in “Reason”?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)