|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Gloria’s father say Robbie has been with Gloria in Chapter One, “Robbie”?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 6 years.
(d) 2 years.
2. What is the character of Donovan’s first name?
3. In the beginning of “Runaround,” Donovan informs Powell that Speedy has been gone for how many hours?
4. How old was Susan Calvin when she was part of the “particular Psycho-Math seminar” described by the narrator in the Introduction?
5. The narrator states in “Runaround” that it is one of Gregory Powell’s favorite platitudes that nothing is to be gained from what?
(d) Deep thought.
6. What is Speedy mining for when he disappears in “Runaround”?
7. Powell tells Cutie that he will be back on Earth in about how much time in “Reason”?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 2 weeks.
8. How many years had passed between the First Mercury Expedition and the arrival of Donovan and Powell in “Runaround”?
9. What do the robots in “Catch That Rabbit” begin doing when they are supposedly unobserved by Powell and Donovan at the mines?
(a) Climbing the mountain.
(b) Kneeling and praying.
(c) Marching in unison.
10. What does Donovan spit on causing conflict in “Reason”?
(a) The Flexor.
(b) The L-tube.
(c) The Monolith.
(d) The P-scope.
11. What is the first of the Three Laws of Robotics?
(a) A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
(b) A robot must obey the orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
(c) A robot must strive to supersede authority from humankind when necessary.
(d) A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the other two Laws.
12. What does Donovan suggest putting on Cutie’s joints in order to short-circuit him in “Reason”?
(b) Nitric acid.
(c) Apple juice.
(d) Sulfuric acid.
13. What is the name of Gloria’s mother in Chapter One, “Robbie”?
14. What is the character of Powell’s first name?
15. Where did Susan Calvin obtain her bachelor’s degree, according to the narrator of the Introduction?
(b) Harvard University.
(c) Yale University.
(d) Columbia University.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surrounds the mining pool, causing danger to Speedy, in “Runaround”?
2. What refers to the type of space suits worn by Powell and Donovan in “Runaround”?
3. How many human executives are assigned to each space mining station according to Powell in “Reason”?
4. Powell refers to Cutie as a robot what in “Reason”?
5. What is “heading straight dead center across the Earth beam” in “Reason”?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)