|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 - Escape!.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second of the Three Laws of Robotics?
(a) A robot must obey the orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
(b) A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the other two Laws.
(c) A robot must strive to supersede authority from humankind when necessary.
(d) A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. How far across does Powell tell Cutie the space station is in “Reason”?
(a) 1 mile.
(b) 20 yards.
(c) 5 acres.
(d) 2 miles.
3. At the point of the novel’s Introduction, Susan Calvin is how old?
4. Who had first taken out incorporation papers for U. S. Robot and Mechanical Men, Inc., according to the narrator in the Introduction?
(a) Lawrence Robertson.
(b) Stephen Byerley.
(c) Francis Quinn.
(d) Major-General Kallner.
5. In what year was Susan Calvin born?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the dog that Gloria’s parents give her when Robbie is sent away in Chapter One, “Robbie”?
2. What model robot is Cutie in “Reason”?
3. What does Donovan spit on causing conflict in “Reason”?
4. The narrator of the Introduction states that he had spent how many days at U.S. Robots?
5. How much time passes between “Runaround” and “Reason”?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)