|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Runaround.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the third of the Three Laws of Robotics?
(a) A robot must obey the orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
(b) A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the other two Laws.
(c) A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
(d) A robot must strive to supersede authority from humankind when necessary.
2. What city do Gloria’s parents take her to visit in Chapter One, “Robbie”?
(a) New York City.
(c) Los Angeles.
3. How many years had passed between the First Mercury Expedition and the arrival of Donovan and Powell in “Runaround”?
4. What is the character of Powell’s first name?
5. How old is Gloria in Chapter One, “Robbie”?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Speedy mining for when he disappears in “Runaround”?
2. At the point of the novel’s Introduction, Susan Calvin is how old?
3. Powell realizes that the only way to solve the Speedy situation in “Runaround” is to invoke which of the Laws of Robotics?
4. Who is the narrator in the Introduction of I, Robot?
5. What word, used to describe Robbie in Chapter One, “Robbie,” means cheerful readiness, promptness, or willingness?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)