|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Runaround.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Gloria’s mother in Chapter One, “Robbie”?
2. What is the first of the Three Laws of Robotics?
(a) A robot must obey the orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
(b) A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
(c) A robot must strive to supersede authority from humankind when necessary.
(d) A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the other two Laws.
3. What color is Mike Donovan’s hair in “Runaround”?
4. What title did Susan Calvin hold at U.S. Robots, according to the narrator of the Introduction?
(b) “Director of Marketing.”
(c) “President of Mathematics.”
5. What encyclopedia does the narrator mention in the novel’s Introduction?
(a) The Encyclopedia Tellurica.
(b) The Encyclopedia of Mercury.
(c) The Encyclopedia Britannica.
(d) The World Book Encyclopedia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Susan Calvin obtain her bachelor’s degree, according to the narrator of the Introduction?
2. What is Speedy mining for when he disappears in “Runaround”?
3. For whom is the narrator of the Introduction writing a feature article?
4. According to Donovan in “Runaround,” he sent Speedy to the nearest mining pool which was how many miles away from Donovan and Powell’s location in “Runaround”?
5. In the beginning of “Runaround,” Donovan informs Powell that Speedy has been gone for how many hours?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)