|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - Runaround.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does Susan Calvin say that the mobile speaking robot was invented in Chapter One, “Robbie”?
2. The narrator states in “Runaround” that it is one of Gregory Powell’s favorite platitudes that nothing is to be gained from what?
(a) Deep thought.
3. What is Gloria’s last name in Chapter One, “Robbie”?
4. What surrounds the mining pool, causing danger to Speedy, in “Runaround”?
(b) Gold nuggets.
5. How old is the company U. S. Robot and Mechanical Men, Inc. in the Introduction?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years had passed between the First Mercury Expedition and the arrival of Donovan and Powell in “Runaround”?
2. According to the narrator in the Introduction, the first mobile robot equipped with a voice was destined for the projected mines where?
3. What story does Robbie plead for Gloria to tell him in Chapter One, “Robbie”?
4. What is the third of the Three Laws of Robotics?
5. How long does Gloria’s father say Robbie has been with Gloria in Chapter One, “Robbie”?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)