|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1 - Robbie.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Gloria’s father in Chapter One, “Robbie”?
2. In what year was Susan Calvin born?
3. What is the second of the Three Laws of Robotics?
(a) A robot must strive to supersede authority from humankind when necessary.
(b) A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the other two Laws.
(c) A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
(d) A robot must obey the orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
4. What title did Susan Calvin hold at U.S. Robots, according to the narrator of the Introduction?
(b) “President of Mathematics.”
(d) “Director of Marketing.”
5. At the “Psycho-Math seminar” described by the narrator in the Introduction, who demonstrated the first mobile robot to be equipped with a voice?
(a) Dr. Lanning.
(b) Dr. Calvin.
(d) Dr. Black.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the general manager that takes Gloria’s family on a tour of a robot manufacturing company in Chapter One, “Robbie”?
2. What word from the Introduction refers to excessive growth or accumulation of any kind?
3. According to Susan Calvin, the model of robot which included Robbie was sold to be used as what?
4. What word, used to describe Robbie in Chapter One, “Robbie,” means cheerful readiness, promptness, or willingness?
5. How long does Gloria’s father say Robbie has been with Gloria in Chapter One, “Robbie”?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)