|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1 - Robbie.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the third of the Three Laws of Robotics?
(a) A robot must obey the orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
(b) A robot must strive to supersede authority from humankind when necessary.
(c) A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the other two Laws.
(d) A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. What is the name of Gloria’s father in Chapter One, “Robbie”?
3. How old is Gloria in Chapter One, “Robbie”?
4. In what year did Susan Calvin obtain her bachelor’s degree, according to the narrator of the Introduction?
5. How old does the narrator of the Introduction claim to be?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Gloria’s father say Robbie has been with Gloria in Chapter One, “Robbie”?
2. At the “Psycho-Math seminar” described by the narrator in the Introduction, who demonstrated the first mobile robot to be equipped with a voice?
3. In what year was Susan Calvin born?
4. In what year did Susan Calvin earn her Ph.D., according to the narrator of the Introduction?
5. Where did Susan Calvin obtain her bachelor’s degree, according to the narrator of the Introduction?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)