|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 - Evidence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the robots in “Catch That Rabbit” begin doing when they are supposedly unobserved by Powell and Donovan at the mines?
(a) Kneeling and praying.
(c) Climbing the mountain.
(d) Marching in unison.
2. What expletive does Donovan remark upon hearing of Cutie’s skepticism in “Reason”?
(a) “Molten Mercury.”
(b) “Pulsing Pluto.”
(c) “Sizzling Saturn.”
(d) “Maddening Mars.”
3. Who causes Herbie to self-destruct in “Liar!”?
4. What encyclopedia does the narrator mention in the novel’s Introduction?
(a) The Encyclopedia Britannica.
(b) The Encyclopedia of Mercury.
(c) The World Book Encyclopedia.
(d) The Encyclopedia Tellurica.
5. When Donovan and Powell first locate Speedy in “Runaround,” Donovan describes him as sounding what?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Powell in “Catch That Rabbit,” if Powell and Donovan had what tester, they could check each individual item in Dave’s body within twenty-four to forty-eight hours?
2. Susan Calvin takes Herbie two kinds of books in “Liar!” What is the second type of books?
3. What year is it in the beginning of “Liar!”?
4. Calvin and Bogert are brought to the base because one of their robots of what model has disappeared in “Little Lost Robot”?
5. The company that has propositioned U.S. Robot in “Escape!” has promised how much money to U.S. Robot if there is a solution to their problem, plus the costs of construction?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)