|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 - Escape!.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Donovan suggest the ship be sent in the end of “Escape!”?
(a) Consolidated Robots.
(b) The U.S. Military.
(c) The Canadian Military.
(d) U.S. Robots.
2. The narrator states in “Escape!” that over the matter of hours the equivalent of how many “fat volumes of mathematical physics were fed into The Brain”?
3. As they're being dug out, Powell explains to Donovan that Dave's personal initiative circuitry was overwhelmed by what in “Catch That Rabbit”?
(a) Having to control six robots in an emergency.
(b) Having to read human minds.
(c) Having to control the telescope.
(d) Having to save a human life.
4. What do the robots in “Catch That Rabbit” begin doing when they are supposedly unobserved by Powell and Donovan at the mines?
(a) Kneeling and praying.
(c) Marching in unison.
(d) Climbing the mountain.
5. What company has approached U.S. Robot with a proposition in “Escape!”?
(a) Jameson Robots.
(b) Mercury Robots International.
(c) U.S. International Robots.
(d) Consolidated Robots.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator states in “Runaround” that it is one of Gregory Powell’s favorite platitudes that nothing is to be gained from what?
2. According to the narrator in “Catch That Rabbit,” what is the unwritten motto of U.S. Robot and Mechanical Men Corporation?
3. What is the character of Powell’s first name?
4. Who does Susan Calvin refer to as a "mind-reading robot” in the end of “Catch That Rabbit”?
5. The only visible control or monitor built by The Brain is one that displays distance traveled in what, in “Escape!”?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)