|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 - Escape!.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Powell realizes that the only way to solve the Speedy situation in “Runaround” is to invoke which of the Laws of Robotics?
(a) Law #1.
(b) Law #2.
(c) Law #3.
(d) Law #4.
2. What does Donovan do when the ship returns to Earth in “Escape!”?
(a) Prays to God.
(b) Calls his wife.
(c) Calls his mother.
(d) Kisses the ground.
3. According to Donovan in “Runaround,” he sent Speedy to the nearest mining pool which was how many miles away from Donovan and Powell’s location in “Runaround”?
4. What title has Lanning taken in “Escape!”?
(a) Director-Emeritus of Research.
(b) Director-Emeritus of Marketing.
(c) Director-Emeritus of Mathematics.
(d) Director-Emeritus of Communications.
5. Who tested Dave before he left the factory in “Catch That Rabbit”?
(a) Gerald Black.
(b) Dr. Calvin.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator in “Catch That Rabbit,” what is the unwritten motto of U.S. Robot and Mechanical Men Corporation?
2. What surrounds the mining pool, causing danger to Speedy, in “Runaround”?
3. Dave and the subordinate robots communicate by what method in “Catch That Rabbit”?
4. The narrator states in “Runaround” that it is one of Gregory Powell’s favorite platitudes that nothing is to be gained from what?
5. Who is the son of the founder of U.S. Robot and Mechanical Men Corporation?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)