|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Experience Gibb's uncle drinking in her story, "1952, And Other Years"?
2. Mr. Freeman sends Maya Angelou to the store to buy what?
3. How old is Blanche Woodbury when her mother was committed to a psychiatric care center?
4. What could Lynn Swenson taste after her grandfather left her?
5. What is Yarrow Morgan's mother's reaction to being told about the abuse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What brought about the creation of "I Never Told Anyone"?
2. What events does Jean Monroe describe in "California Daughter/1950"?
3. What is "Remembering Dream" about?
4. What happens to Experience Gibbs in second grade?
5. Why did Blanche Woodbury's brother blame her for their mother's illness?
6. What events occur before Mr. Freeman rapes Maya Angelou?
7. Why didn't Experience Gibbs want to contribute to this anthology?
8. What led Jean Monroe to finally tell her mother about her father's abuse?
9. What is some of the success Maya Angelou has experienced in her life?
10. What was Maggie Hoyal's childhood like and what caused her to write about her abuse?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare this anthology to other works about child sexual abuse in terms of content, theme and the p of its message.
Essay Topic 2
Should these women be defined as having survived the abuse or defined by what they accomplished in their lives, despite the abuse? Can one truly be separated from the other? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the themes of justice and injustice as depicted in several pieces in the anthology.
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)