|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Lynn Swenson when her parents divorced?
2. How old is Jill Morgan when her father rapes her for the first time?
3. What is the name of Carrie's brother in "The Window's Netting"?
4. Where does most of Yarrow Morgan's poem take place?
5. How old is Carrie in "The Window's Netting"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Maya stop talking for a time after Mr. Freeman's trial?
2. What does Hummy tell Spring Flower really happened to her?
3. What happens in the poem by Yarrow Morgan?
4. What did the priest's unwanted kiss cost Beverly Sky in "A Priest Kiss"?
5. What happens to Pat Parker in her story "Shoes"?
6. What is Marty O. Dyke's poem "Yeah I'm Blaming You" about?
7. What happens in the poem "Peaches of My Childhood"?
8. What events occur before Mr. Freeman rapes Maya Angelou?
9. What does Lynn Swenson come to understand about her mother as she comes to term with her own abuse?
10. Who did Ginny think the man standing in the clearing is in the story "Chiggers"?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss some of the things that these women lost, sometimes even through the next generation, as a result of childhood abuse.
Essay Topic 2
How did these experiences serve as a lens for both how these women saw the world and themselves? What did these women gain from these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
What is the generational effect of child sexual abuse as demonstrated in the lives of these women and what can be done to change this pattern?
This section contains 1,331 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)