|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps cause her miscarriage the last time Jill Morgan's father attacked her?
2. What does Maggie Hoyal tell her father is wrong with her to put him off for a while?
3. Who molests Bella Moon?
4. What does Lynn see everywhere at the end of "From My Half Sleep"?
5. Where is Desi born?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in the poem by Yarrow Morgan?
2. Why didn't Experience Gibbs want to contribute to this anthology?
3. Why did Blanche Woodbury's brother blame her for their mother's illness?
4. What is some of the success Maya Angelou has experienced in her life?
5. What happens in "These Are the Things I remember" when Maggie tells her mother about what her father did to her?
6. How does Bella Moon describe the abuse she suffered in her story "Silence"?
7. What happens after Mr. Freeman rapes Maya Angelou?
8. Under what circumstances was Jill Morgan hospitalized for several weeks at age four?
9. How were both Jill Morgan's parents responsible for her abuse?
10. What was Maggie Hoyal's childhood like and what caused her to write about her abuse?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the themes of justice and injustice as depicted in several pieces in the anthology.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss three pieces in the anthology in terms of the imagery used and how imagery impacts both the literary and thematic aspects of the work.
Essay Topic 3
How has reading this anthology helped form your view of child sexual abuse? What should be done to help survivors, both as children and adults, deal with the abuse? What should be done to punish or help the abusers?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)