Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maya Angelou's mother think is wrong with her daughter after the rape?
2. Where does Carrie go with her father and brother in "The Window's Netting"?
3. How old is Carrie in "The Window's Netting"?
4. What is Jean Monroe's mother always warning her about?
5. What is Jill Morgan addicted to as a child?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Blanche Woodbury's brother blame her for their mother's illness?
2. Why is the idea of innocence important to Jake Gates in "And Now"?
3. How does Bella Moon describe the abuse she suffered in her story "Silence"?
4. What brought about the creation of "I Never Told Anyone"?
5. What happens to the little girl in Martha Roger's story "Street Fair"?
6. What was Jude Brister's childhood like?
7. What happens in "The Fourth of July"?
8. What was R.C.'s childhood like?
9. Who is Patsy in the poem "Peaches of My Childhood"?
10. What happens in "The Window's Netting"?
Discuss three pieces in the anthology in terms of the imagery used and how imagery impacts both the literary and thematic aspects of the work.
Discuss the themes of powerlessness and empowerment in terms of five women in the anthology. Give specific examples of themes from the pieces chosen for your discussion.
Discuss the symbolism used in the pieces "Remembering Dream" and "My Half Sleep." What distance to the event do these symbols create for both the author and the reader?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)