|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Lynn Swenson when her parents divorced?
2. Who does the grandfather watch undress in the poem "From My Half Sleep"?
3. Yarrow Morgan is born in _____________.
4. What does Maggie Hoyal tell her father is wrong with her to put him off for a while?
5. What is Uncle Karl's nickname for Louise Thornton?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Lois Phillips Hudson molested in "Why Aren't There More Creative Women?"
2. What is the main thing Lois Phillips Hudson laments in her essay "Why Aren't There More Creative Women""?
3. What brought about the creation of "I Never Told Anyone"?
4. What happens to the little girl in Martha Roger's story "Street Fair"?
5. What did the priest's unwanted kiss cost Beverly Sky in "A Priest Kiss"?
6. What happens to Pat Parker in her story "Shoes"?
7. What two incidents with the priest did Beverly Sky have conflicting feelings about?
8. How does Bella Moon describe the abuse she suffered in her story "Silence"?
9. Who is Kate Millett?
10. What is Marty O. Dyke's poem "Yeah I'm Blaming You" about?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the themes of powerlessness and empowerment in terms of five women in the anthology. Give specific examples of themes from the pieces chosen for your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss some of the things that these women lost, sometimes even through the next generation, as a result of childhood abuse.
Essay Topic 3
What is the paradox that often exists for children who experienced sexual abuse? How does this paradox affect both how they endure the abuse and how they handle the aftermath?
This section contains 1,307 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)