|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What could Lynn Swenson taste after her grandfather left her?
2. What do Louise Thornton's parents give her for high school graduation?
3. How old is Lynn Swenson when she started to write poetry?
4. Who else does Jude Brister discover her father had molested?
5. What does R.C. lift out the window in "Remembering Dream"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lynn Swenson describe in her poem called "From My Half-Sleep"?
2. What was Yarrow Morgan's childhood like?
3. How were both Jill Morgan's parents responsible for her abuse?
4. How does Bella Moon describe the abuse she suffered in her story "Silence"?
5. What is Marty O. Dyke's poem "Yeah I'm Blaming You" about?
6. What happens in "These Are the Things I remember" when Maggie tells her mother about what her father did to her?
7. Why did Blanche Woodbury's brother blame her for their mother's illness?
8. What happens in "The Window's Netting"?
9. How did Louise Thornton's family learn about Uncle Karl's abuse and what did they do about it?
10. What does Lynn Swenson come to understand about her mother as she comes to term with her own abuse?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the symbolism used in the pieces "Remembering Dream" and "My Half Sleep." What distance to the event do these symbols create for both the author and the reader?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the themes of justice and injustice as depicted in several pieces in the anthology.
Essay Topic 3
What is the generational effect of child sexual abuse as demonstrated in the lives of these women and what can be done to change this pattern?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)