|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does R.C. see in the middle of the withered wreath in "Remember Dream"?
2. Who does the grandfather watch undress in the poem "From My Half Sleep"?
3. Where does Louise Thornton's cousin Claire and her family live?
4. Who is Mr. Freeman in "I know Why the Caged Bird Sings"?
5. Whose skeleton does R.C. see lying on the bed in "Remembering Dream"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Jude Brister's childhood like?
2. What brought about the creation of "I Never Told Anyone"?
3. How were both Jill Morgan's parents responsible for her abuse?
4. How did Desi's grandmother abuse her?
5. What happens to Maggie at age fourteen in "These Are the Things I Remember"?
6. What was Yarrow Morgan's childhood like?
7. How did Louise Thornton's family learn about Uncle Karl's abuse and what did they do about it?
8. How did Jill Morgan finally end the brutal abuse at the hands of her father and mother?
9. Why didn't Experience Gibbs want to contribute to this anthology?
10. What events occur before Mr. Freeman rapes Maya Angelou?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the more brutal stories of abuse in "It Began for Me" and "A Totally White World" in terms of tone and thematic content.
Essay Topic 2
What is the paradox that often exists for children who experienced sexual abuse? How does this paradox affect both how they endure the abuse and how they handle the aftermath?
Essay Topic 3
What is the generational effect of child sexual abuse as demonstrated in the lives of these women and what can be done to change this pattern?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)