|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Frank and Uncle Karl going to go on a trip when Frank refused to join him?
2. How old is Lynn Swenson when her parents divorced?
3. Where is Jean Monroe's mother when her father begins to touching her?
4. How old is Lynn Swenson when she started to write poetry?
5. Men often hassle Jean Monroe as she walks to _____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Mr. Freeman rapes Maya Angelou?
2. What happens to Maggie at age fourteen in "These Are the Things I Remember"?
3. What is "Remembering Dream" about?
4. What was Jude Brister's childhood like?
5. What events occur before Mr. Freeman rapes Maya Angelou?
6. Under what circumstances was Jill Morgan hospitalized for several weeks at age four?
7. What brought about the creation of "I Never Told Anyone"?
8. What happens in the poem by Yarrow Morgan?
9. How were both Jill Morgan's parents responsible for her abuse?
10. What two animals does Maya Angelou compare Mr. Freeman to In "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did these experiences serve as a lens for both how these women saw the world and themselves? What did these women gain from these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
What is the generational effect of child sexual abuse as demonstrated in the lives of these women and what can be done to change this pattern?
Essay Topic 3
What role does the media play in perpetuating the image of women as objects of sexual pleasure? Do you agree with Ellen Bass's indictments of the media and society made in the Introduction?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)