|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Maggie Hoyal when her father raped her?
(a) 12 years old.
(b) 11 years old.
(c) 16 years old.
(d) 14 years old.
2. How long is Jill Morgan in the hospital after her father rapes her for the first time?
(a) Several weeks.
(b) One week.
(c) Two days.
3. What does Maya Angelou's mother think is wrong with her daughter after the rape?
(a) Menstrual cramps.
(d) Faking it.
4. What is Experience Gibb's uncle drinking in her story, "1952, And Other Years"?
(c) Root beer.
5. The poem "From My Half Sleep" starts with Lynn lying ____________.
(a) In a hammock.
(b) In a recliner.
(c) On a bed.
(d) On the floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Lynn Swenson when she started to write poetry?
2. Maya Angelou compares Mr. Freeman to what animal?
3. Who is Marty O. Dyke blaming in her poem?
4. Who is crying in "Remember Dream"?
5. Yarrow Morgan is born in _____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Experience Gibbs in second grade?
2. How did Louise Thornton's family learn about Uncle Karl's abuse and what did they do about it?
3. What was Maggie Hoyal's childhood like and what caused her to write about her abuse?
4. What was R.C.'s childhood like?
5. Why does Maya stop talking for a time after Mr. Freeman's trial?
6. What happens in the poem by Yarrow Morgan?
7. What happens to Maggie at age fourteen in "These Are the Things I Remember"?
8. What brought about the creation of "I Never Told Anyone"?
9. Why does Maya Angelou enjoy Mr. Freeman holding her the first time he abuses her?
10. What happens in "The Window's Netting"?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)