|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lee rape Carrie in "The Window's Netting"?
(a) In a cabin.
(b) In a tent.
(c) In the woods.
(d) In a car.
2. How old is Desi when her grandmother began abusing her?
(a) 5 years old.
(b) 2 years old.
(c) 4 years old.
(d) 3 years old.
3. Jean Monroe is born in the ___________.
4. What does R.C. lift out the window in "Remembering Dream"?
(a) A child.
(b) Her dog.
(c) A wreath.
(d) Her mother.
5. The story "These are the Things I Remember" starts with Maggie Hoyal's memory of what?
(a) A dog.
(b) A beating.
(c) A train.
(d) A tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Maya Angelou in "I know Why the Caged Bird Sings"?
2. Where is Desi born?
3. How old is Lynn Swenson when she started to write poetry?
4. Who threatens her father when Jill Morgan leaves the hospital?
5. What does Maggie Hoyal tell her father is wrong with her to put him off for a while?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Maggie Hoyal's childhood like and what caused her to write about her abuse?
2. How did Desi's grandmother abuse her?
3. How does Bella Moon describe the abuse she suffered in her story "Silence"?
4. How did Louise Thornton's family learn about Uncle Karl's abuse and what did they do about it?
5. Why does Maya Angelou enjoy Mr. Freeman holding her the first time he abuses her?
6. Under what circumstances was Jill Morgan hospitalized for several weeks at age four?
7. What happens to Maggie at age fourteen in "These Are the Things I Remember"?
8. Why didn't Experience Gibbs want to contribute to this anthology?
9. What brought about the creation of "I Never Told Anyone"?
10. How were both Jill Morgan's parents responsible for her abuse?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)