|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Maggie Hoyal when her father raped her?
(a) 11 years old.
(b) 14 years old.
(c) 16 years old.
(d) 12 years old.
2. What is the title of Yarrow Morgan's poem?
3. Yarrow Morgan's poem describes Yarrow as a __________.
4. What color is the brother's comb in Blanche Woodbury's poem, "My Brother"?
5. What does Lynn see everywhere at the end of "From My Half Sleep"?
Short Answer Questions
1. The poem "From My Half Sleep" starts with Lynn lying ____________.
2. How old is Jill Morgan when her father ties her to the bed with his belt to rape her?
3. Where is Marty O. Dyke training to work as a printer?
4. What is Mr. Freeman's fate at the end of "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"?
5. What is the name of Experience Gibb's uncle in "1952, And Other Years"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jill Morgan finally end the brutal abuse at the hands of her father and mother?
2. What was Jude Brister's childhood like?
3. What happens to Experience Gibbs in second grade?
4. What is some of the success Maya Angelou has experienced in her life?
5. What does Lynn Swenson describe in her poem called "From My Half-Sleep"?
6. What events does Jean Monroe describe in "California Daughter/1950"?
7. What is Marty O. Dyke's poem "Yeah I'm Blaming You" about?
8. How were both Jill Morgan's parents responsible for her abuse?
9. Under what circumstances was Jill Morgan hospitalized for several weeks at age four?
10. What was Maggie Hoyal's childhood like and what caused her to write about her abuse?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)