|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Experience Gibb's uncle in "1952, And Other Years"?
2. Who is Mr. Freeman in "I know Why the Caged Bird Sings"?
(a) Mother's boyfriend.
(b) Mother's brother.
3. The poem "From My Half Sleep" starts with Lynn lying ____________.
(a) On a bed.
(b) In a recliner.
(c) In a hammock.
(d) On the floor.
4. Maggie Hoyal's mother is a _______________.
5. How old is Maggie Hoyal when she runs away from home?
(a) 12 years old.
(b) 11 years old.
(c) 14 years old.
(d) 16 years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Blanche Woodbury when her mother was committed to a psychiatric care center?
2. How many cities does Jill Morgan live in the five years of moving after coming home from the hospital?
3. Men often hassle Jean Monroe as she walks to _____________.
4. How old is Yarrow Morgan when she first told her mother about the abuse?
5. Yarrow Morgan is born in _____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in the poem by Yarrow Morgan?
2. Why did Blanche Woodbury's brother blame her for their mother's illness?
3. What happens after Mr. Freeman rapes Maya Angelou?
4. What happens to Maggie at age fourteen in "These Are the Things I Remember"?
5. What happens in "These Are the Things I remember" when Maggie tells her mother about what her father did to her?
6. What does Lynn Swenson come to understand about her mother as she comes to term with her own abuse?
7. Why does Maya stop talking for a time after Mr. Freeman's trial?
8. Why does Maya Angelou enjoy Mr. Freeman holding her the first time he abuses her?
9. What was Jude Brister's childhood like?
10. What was Yarrow Morgan's childhood like?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)