|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Maya Angelou's brother?
2. What is Experience Gibb's uncle drinking in her story, "1952, And Other Years"?
(a) Root beer.
3. How old is Yarrow Morgan when she first told her mother about the abuse?
(a) 14 years old.
(b) 12 years old.
(c) 4 years old.
(d) 8 years old.
4. How old is Maggie Hoyal when her father started abusing her?
(a) Six months old.
(b) Two years old.
(c) Nine months old.
(d) Nine years old.
5. The story "These are the Things I Remember" starts with Maggie Hoyal's memory of what?
(a) A dog.
(b) A train.
(c) A tree.
(d) A beating.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jill Morgan addicted to as a child?
2. What is the title of Yarrow Morgan's poem?
3. Where is Marty O. Dyke born?
4. Whose skeleton does R.C. see lying on the bed in "Remembering Dream"?
5. Maya Angelou compares Mr. Freeman to what animal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in the poem "Peaches of My Childhood"?
2. What two incidents with the priest did Beverly Sky have conflicting feelings about?
3. Why does Maya stop talking for a time after Mr. Freeman's trial?
4. What further indignity does Billie Holiday suffer after nearly being raped?
5. Who did Ginny think the man standing in the clearing is in the story "Chiggers"?
6. What two animals does Maya Angelou compare Mr. Freeman to In "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"?
7. Why does Jana Vincenti's mother want to help her deal with the pain of the rape?
8. What analogy does Lillian Kelly use to describe how the pain of the molestation affected her life?
9. What happens in the poem by Yarrow Morgan?
10. What happens after Mr. Freeman rapes Maya Angelou?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)