|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Maggie Hoyal's mother is a _______________.
2. How many cities does Jill Morgan live in the five years of moving after coming home from the hospital?
(a) Fifteen cities.
(b) Five cities.
(c) Seven cities.
(d) Nine cities.
3. Who does Jean Monroe finally tell about the abuse?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her teacher.
(d) Her best friend.
4. Where is Marty O. Dyke training to work as a printer?
(c) San Francisco.
(d) New York City.
5. Who is Mr. Freeman in "I know Why the Caged Bird Sings"?
(b) Mother's boyfriend.
(d) Mother's brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Yarrow Morgan is born in _____________.
2. Where is Marty O. Dyke born?
3. What is the name of Carrie's brother in "The Window's Netting"?
4. How many years is Bella Moon in therapy before dealing with her sexual abuse?
5. What does Maya Angelou do on the stand during Mr. Freeman's trial?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in "The Window's Netting"?
2. What is "Remembering Dream" about?
3. What led Jean Monroe to finally tell her mother about her father's abuse?
4. How did Jill Morgan finally end the brutal abuse at the hands of her father and mother?
5. Why didn't Experience Gibbs want to contribute to this anthology?
6. What is Marty O. Dyke's poem "Yeah I'm Blaming You" about?
7. What events occur before Mr. Freeman rapes Maya Angelou?
8. How did Desi's grandmother abuse her?
9. Why did Blanche Woodbury's brother blame her for their mother's illness?
10. What does Lynn Swenson describe in her poem called "From My Half-Sleep"?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)