|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Men often hassle Jean Monroe as she walks to _____________.
(a) The store.
(c) Her friend's house.
2. How old is Maggie Hoyal when she runs away from home?
(a) 11 years old.
(b) 12 years old.
(c) 16 years old.
(d) 14 years old.
3. How old is Jill Morgan when her father rapes her for the first time?
(a) 8 years old.
(b) 2 years old.
(c) 4 years old.
(d) 6 years old.
4. Who molests Bella Moon?
(b) Foster brother.
(d) Foster parents.
5. What is the name of Experience Gibb's uncle in "1952, And Other Years"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Frank and Uncle Karl going to go on a trip when Frank refused to join him?
2. How old is Carrie in "The Window's Netting"?
3. How old is Blanche Woodbury when her mother was committed to a psychiatric care center?
4. What is the cause of Uncle Karl's death?
5. Where does Desi's abuse take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What events occur before Mr. Freeman rapes Maya Angelou?
2. What led Jean Monroe to finally tell her mother about her father's abuse?
3. What was Yarrow Morgan's childhood like?
4. Why does Maya stop talking for a time after Mr. Freeman's trial?
5. Why does Maya Angelou enjoy Mr. Freeman holding her the first time he abuses her?
6. What happens to Experience Gibbs in second grade?
7. How did Louise Thornton's family learn about Uncle Karl's abuse and what did they do about it?
8. What is some of the success Maya Angelou has experienced in her life?
9. What happens to Maggie at age fourteen in "These Are the Things I Remember"?
10. What does Lynn Swenson come to understand about her mother as she comes to term with her own abuse?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)