|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does most of Yarrow Morgan's poem take place?
(a) A crib.
(b) A car.
(c) A couch.
(d) A bed.
2. How long is Jill Morgan in the hospital after her father rapes her for the first time?
(a) Several weeks.
(b) Two days.
(c) One week.
3. What is Uncle Karl's nickname for Louise Thornton?
4. What does Lynn see everywhere at the end of "From My Half Sleep"?
5. The story "These are the Things I Remember" starts with Maggie Hoyal's memory of what?
(a) A dog.
(b) A tree.
(c) A beating.
(d) A train.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the netting in "The Window's Netting" refer to?
2. What does Maggie Hoyal tell her father is wrong with her to put him off for a while?
3. Yarrow Morgan is born in _____________.
4. How old is Maggie Hoyal when her father raped her?
5. Who helps cause her miscarriage the last time Jill Morgan's father attacked her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in the poem by Yarrow Morgan?
2. How does Bella Moon describe the abuse she suffered in her story "Silence"?
3. What events does Jean Monroe describe in "California Daughter/1950"?
4. What two animals does Maya Angelou compare Mr. Freeman to In "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"?
5. How were both Jill Morgan's parents responsible for her abuse?
6. What does Lynn Swenson come to understand about her mother as she comes to term with her own abuse?
7. What is some of the success Maya Angelou has experienced in her life?
8. What was Maggie Hoyal's childhood like and what caused her to write about her abuse?
9. What happens in "The Window's Netting"?
10. How did Desi's grandmother abuse her?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)