|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Maya Angelou's mother work?
(d) Gambling parlors.
2. Where does Blanche Woodbury say her brother lives in her poem, "My Brother"?
(a) In a sychiatric hospital.
(b) In a cigar box.
(c) In prison.
(d) In a grave.
3. What does Lynn see everywhere at the end of "From My Half Sleep"?
4. Who is Greermar in "Remembering Dream"?
5. How old is Lynn Swenson when her parents divorced?
(a) 11 years old.
(b) 9 years old.
(c) 15 years old.
(d) 5 years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Maggie Hoyal's family go for her father's work?
2. How old is Blanche Woodbury when her mother was committed to a psychiatric care center?
3. Where is Marty O. Dyke born?
4. Which of Maggie Hoyal's brother's goes to live with her mother?
5. How old is Carrie in "The Window's Netting"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Mr. Freeman rapes Maya Angelou?
2. How does Bella Moon describe the abuse she suffered in her story "Silence"?
3. How did Desi's grandmother abuse her?
4. What events occur before Mr. Freeman rapes Maya Angelou?
5. What happens in the poem by Yarrow Morgan?
6. What was Jude Brister's childhood like?
7. What events does Jean Monroe describe in "California Daughter/1950"?
8. Under what circumstances was Jill Morgan hospitalized for several weeks at age four?
9. What was Maggie Hoyal's childhood like and what caused her to write about her abuse?
10. What led Jean Monroe to finally tell her mother about her father's abuse?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)