Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Lynn Swenson when her parents divorced?
(a) 15 years old.
(b) 11 years old.
(c) 9 years old.
(d) 5 years old.
2. Who does the grandfather watch undress in the poem "From My Half Sleep"?
(a) The sister.
(b) The mother.
(c) The grandmother.
3. Yarrow Morgan is born in _____________.
(a) North Dakota.
(b) South Dakota.
(c) South Carolina.
(d) North Carolina.
4. What does Maggie Hoyal tell her father is wrong with her to put him off for a while?
(a) Her period.
(b) Bad cold.
(c) Stomach virus.
5. What is Uncle Karl's nickname for Louise Thornton?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who threatens her father when Jill Morgan leaves the hospital?
2. What vocation does Louise Thornton follow?
3. What is the title of Yarrow Morgan's poem?
4. Maya Angelou said that her rape was a matter of the needle giving because the _________ can't.
5. In what year is Maya Angelou the "Ladies Home Journal" Woman of the Year?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Lois Phillips Hudson molested in "Why Aren't There More Creative Women?"
2. What is the main thing Lois Phillips Hudson laments in her essay "Why Aren't There More Creative Women""?
3. What brought about the creation of "I Never Told Anyone"?
4. What happens to the little girl in Martha Roger's story "Street Fair"?
5. What did the priest's unwanted kiss cost Beverly Sky in "A Priest Kiss"?
6. What happens to Pat Parker in her story "Shoes"?
7. What two incidents with the priest did Beverly Sky have conflicting feelings about?
8. How does Bella Moon describe the abuse she suffered in her story "Silence"?
9. Who is Kate Millett?
10. What is Marty O. Dyke's poem "Yeah I'm Blaming You" about?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)