|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Jude Brister born?
2. Where is Marty O. Dyke born?
(b) New York.
3. How many years is Bella Moon in therapy before dealing with her sexual abuse?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 25 years.
(d) 50 years.
4. What is the cause of Uncle Karl's death?
(d) Old age.
5. Who does R.C. bury in the "Remembering Dream"?
(b) Her dog.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jean Monroe want to assure her father of the first time he touches her?
2. What is Yarrow Morgan's mother's reaction to being told about the abuse?
3. What is Mr. Freeman's fate at the end of "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"?
4. Where does Carrie go with her father and brother in "The Window's Netting"?
5. Where does Maya Angelou spend her Saturdays in "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in "The Window's Netting"?
2. Why does Maya stop talking for a time after Mr. Freeman's trial?
3. What does Lynn Swenson describe in her poem called "From My Half-Sleep"?
4. Under what circumstances was Jill Morgan hospitalized for several weeks at age four?
5. What led Jean Monroe to finally tell her mother about her father's abuse?
6. What happens in the poem by Yarrow Morgan?
7. Why did Blanche Woodbury's brother blame her for their mother's illness?
8. What is Marty O. Dyke's poem "Yeah I'm Blaming You" about?
9. What is some of the success Maya Angelou has experienced in her life?
10. How did Jill Morgan finally end the brutal abuse at the hands of her father and mother?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)