|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who molests Bella Moon?
(a) Foster parents.
(c) Foster brother.
2. Where is Marty O. Dyke born?
(d) New York.
3. Yarrow Morgan is born in _____________.
(a) South Carolina.
(b) North Carolina.
(c) South Dakota.
(d) North Dakota.
4. Where does Louise Thornton's cousin Claire and her family live?
5. Maggie Hoyal's mother is a _______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maya Angelou do on the stand during Mr. Freeman's trial?
2. Maya Angelou compares Mr. Freeman to what animal?
3. How old is Maggie Hoyal when her father raped her?
4. Jean Monroe is born in the ___________.
5. Where does Blanche Woodbury say her brother lives in her poem, "My Brother"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in "The Window's Netting"?
2. What happens after Mr. Freeman rapes Maya Angelou?
3. What was Maggie Hoyal's childhood like and what caused her to write about her abuse?
4. What events does Jean Monroe describe in "California Daughter/1950"?
5. How did Louise Thornton's family learn about Uncle Karl's abuse and what did they do about it?
6. Why didn't Experience Gibbs want to contribute to this anthology?
7. What led Jean Monroe to finally tell her mother about her father's abuse?
8. What is "Remembering Dream" about?
9. What happens to Experience Gibbs in second grade?
10. What does Lynn Swenson describe in her poem called "From My Half-Sleep"?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)