|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jill Morgan addicted to as a child?
2. What does Mr. Freeman tell Maya Angelou happened after he molests her the first time?
(a) She is a naughty girl.
(b) Her mother will hate her.
(c) She wet the bed.
(d) He loves her.
3. Who does Mr. Freeman threaten to kill if Maya Angelou tells about what he did?
(a) Her mother.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her dog.
4. How many years is Bella Moon in therapy before dealing with her sexual abuse?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 50 years.
(d) 10 years.
5. What is the name of Experience Gibb's uncle in "1952, And Other Years"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Desi born?
2. How old is Lynn Swenson when her grandfather molests her?
3. What could Lynn Swenson taste after her grandfather left her?
4. Where does Lee rape Carrie in "The Window's Netting"?
5. Where is Marty O. Dyke born?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Maggie Hoyal's childhood like and what caused her to write about her abuse?
2. What was Jude Brister's childhood like?
3. How were both Jill Morgan's parents responsible for her abuse?
4. What happens in "These Are the Things I remember" when Maggie tells her mother about what her father did to her?
5. What was Yarrow Morgan's childhood like?
6. Why did Blanche Woodbury's brother blame her for their mother's illness?
7. What happens in the poem by Yarrow Morgan?
8. How did Louise Thornton's family learn about Uncle Karl's abuse and what did they do about it?
9. How did Jill Morgan finally end the brutal abuse at the hands of her father and mother?
10. What two animals does Maya Angelou compare Mr. Freeman to In "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)