|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Desi born?
2. How old is Maggie Hoyal when her father raped her?
(a) 14 years old.
(b) 11 years old.
(c) 16 years old.
(d) 12 years old.
3. Where does Louise Thornton's cousin Claire and her family live?
4. Where does Maggie Hoyal grow up?
(a) In Florida.
(b) In Barbados.
(c) In California.
(d) In St. Lucia.
5. Where is Jude Brister born?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Marty O. Dyke blaming in her poem?
2. What is Jill Morgan addicted to as a child?
3. Who helps cause her miscarriage the last time Jill Morgan's father attacked her?
4. What does R.C. lift out the window in "Remembering Dream"?
5. What is Jude Brister's grandmother's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does the story "In A Totally White World" begin?
2. Who did Ginny think the man standing in the clearing is in the story "Chiggers"?
3. Under what circumstances was Jill Morgan hospitalized for several weeks at age four?
4. What further indignity does Billie Holiday suffer after nearly being raped?
5. Why does Maya stop talking for a time after Mr. Freeman's trial?
6. What does Lynn Swenson come to understand about her mother as she comes to term with her own abuse?
7. How is Lois Phillips Hudson molested in "Why Aren't There More Creative Women?"
8. What happens to Maggie at age fourteen in "These Are the Things I Remember"?
9. What happens in the poem "Peaches of My Childhood"?
10. Why did Karen Asherah not tell her mother about Daddy Kanagy's unwanted touches?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)