|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Freeman's fate at the end of "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"?
(b) Work camp.
2. What does Maya Angelou do on the stand during Mr. Freeman's trial?
3. What is the title of Yarrow Morgan's poem?
4. Where does Desi's abuse take place?
(a) The yard.
(b) The bed.
(c) The car.
(d) The bathtub.
5. Mr. Freeman sends Maya Angelou to the store to buy what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What vocation does Louise Thornton follow?
2. Who does Mr. Freeman threaten to kill if Maya Angelou tells about what he did?
3. How old is Jill Morgan when her father ties her to the bed with his belt to rape her?
4. What is Yarrow Morgan's mother's reaction to being told about the abuse?
5. What is Jean Monroe wearing the first time her father asks to touch her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Under what circumstances was Jill Morgan hospitalized for several weeks at age four?
2. What happens to Maggie at age fourteen in "These Are the Things I Remember"?
3. What happens after Mr. Freeman rapes Maya Angelou?
4. What happens in the poem by Yarrow Morgan?
5. What was R.C.'s childhood like?
6. What brought about the creation of "I Never Told Anyone"?
7. How did Louise Thornton's family learn about Uncle Karl's abuse and what did they do about it?
8. How did Desi's grandmother abuse her?
9. What led Jean Monroe to finally tell her mother about her father's abuse?
10. What is Marty O. Dyke's poem "Yeah I'm Blaming You" about?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)