|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Maggie Hoyal when her father started abusing her?
(a) Six months old.
(b) Nine years old.
(c) Two years old.
(d) Nine months old.
2. Who does R.C. bury in the "Remembering Dream"?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her dog.
(d) Her father.
3. How old is Lynn Swenson when her parents divorced?
(a) 11 years old.
(b) 5 years old.
(c) 15 years old.
(d) 9 years old.
4. How old is Lynn Swenson when her grandfather molests her?
(a) 9 years old.
(b) 15 years old.
(c) 5 years old.
(d) 11 years old.
5. Who does the grandfather watch undress in the poem "From My Half Sleep"?
(a) The sister.
(c) The mother.
(d) The grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jean Monroe want to assure her father of the first time he touches her?
2. Where does Maya Angelou's mother work?
3. Who does Jean Monroe finally tell about the abuse?
4. Maya Angelou said that her rape was a matter of the needle giving because the _________ can't.
5. Who is Mr. Freeman in "I know Why the Caged Bird Sings"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in "These Are the Things I remember" when Maggie tells her mother about what her father did to her?
2. What is Marty O. Dyke's poem "Yeah I'm Blaming You" about?
3. How did Louise Thornton's family learn about Uncle Karl's abuse and what did they do about it?
4. What was Maggie Hoyal's childhood like and what caused her to write about her abuse?
5. What happens after Mr. Freeman rapes Maya Angelou?
6. What happens in "The Window's Netting"?
7. What was Jude Brister's childhood like?
8. Under what circumstances was Jill Morgan hospitalized for several weeks at age four?
9. What brought about the creation of "I Never Told Anyone"?
10. What events occur before Mr. Freeman rapes Maya Angelou?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)