|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, 'Yesterday I saw him watch my sister.' Survivors of Sexual Abuse by Relatives: Lynn Swenson, from My Half-Sleep; and Maya Angelou, from I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Carrie go with her father and brother in "The Window's Netting"?
(a) A cabin.
(b) A hike.
(c) A campground.
(d) A lake.
2. Who is Marty O. Dyke blaming in her poem?
3. Maya Angelou said that her rape was a matter of the needle giving because the _________ can't.
4. How old is Lynn Swenson when her grandfather molests her?
(a) 15 years old.
(b) 5 years old.
(c) 9 years old.
(d) 11 years old.
5. What is Jill Morgan addicted to as a child?
Short Answer Questions
1. The story "These are the Things I Remember" starts with Maggie Hoyal's memory of what?
2. Where does Maya Angelou's mother work?
3. How long is Jill Morgan in the hospital after her father rapes her for the first time?
4. What does Maya Angelou's mother think is wrong with her daughter after the rape?
5. What could Lynn Swenson taste after her grandfather left her?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)