|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, 'Yesterday I saw him watch my sister.' Survivors of Sexual Abuse by Relatives: Lynn Swenson, from My Half-Sleep; and Maya Angelou, from I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The poem "From My Half Sleep" starts with Lynn lying ____________.
(a) On a bed.
(b) In a recliner.
(c) In a hammock.
(d) On the floor.
2. Where does Lee rape Carrie in "The Window's Netting"?
(a) In a tent.
(b) In a cabin.
(c) In the woods.
(d) In a car.
3. What does Lynn see everywhere at the end of "From My Half Sleep"?
4. Where is Jude Brister born?
5. Who does the grandfather watch undress in the poem "From My Half Sleep"?
(a) The sister.
(c) The grandmother.
(d) The mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Maggie Hoyal's brother's goes to live with her mother?
2. Where is Marty O. Dyke born?
3. What does Maggie Hoyal tell her father is wrong with her to put him off for a while?
4. What could Lynn Swenson taste after her grandfather left her?
5. What does R.C. see in the middle of the withered wreath in "Remember Dream"?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)