|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who refuses to say how he will vote when it comes to Thomas' hearing about his release?
2. When Signora Siragusa dies, _________ is a pallbearer as he feels she was like a mother to him.
3. Who does Ray lock in the closet for hours on end as a child, possibly causing him to have troubles in the modern time?
4. What did Henry give to Dominick right before he pulls the trigger to end his own life?
5. Ray admits that he is the one who is planting the mystery ____________ at the cemetery.
Essay Topic 1
Dominick feels that by recalling the past, he might yet be able to forgive himself for what has happened.
Part 1: Why do you think recalling the past might be helpful?
Part 2: Do you think you need to remember your past in order to forgive yourself?
Part 3: How might you forgive yourself for something bad you have done in the past?
Essay Topic 2
Dominick can not return the 'I love you' from Thomas until after Thomas is asleep.
Part 1: Why do you think it's difficult for Dominick to say he loves his brother?
Part 2: Do you find it difficult to tell your siblings you love them?
Part 3: Do you think that Thomas knows his brother loves him? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The relationship between Dominick and Thomas is a loving one, though perhaps not in the conventional way.
Part 1: Why do you think Dominick continues to care for his brother?
Part 2: Do you think that you could stand by your brother if he had as many problems as Thomas does?
Part 3: How do you think Dominick could be handling his brother better in the story?
This section contains 1,542 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)