|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ray decides to show more care and concern for his '______' when Dominick is laid up in the hospital.
2. Who does Papa decide to thank for all of his blessings when the archbishop comes to bless the school?
3. What did Thomas and Dominick have to do in order to go to All Saint's Mass in the morning?
4. The priest reminds Papa of his earliest intentions of becoming a __________, though he never did.
5. What does Dominick do that he is not supposed to do when he is visiting with Thomas?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Papa become the first Italian boss in the textile mill where he works, according to his memoir?
2. What does Ray offer to help Dominick do when he is showing uncommon concern for him?
3. How did Dominick get Thomas in trouble when they were kids and they were in mass with Ray and Ma?
4. Why is Vincenzo killed after Papa decides to disown him instead of shaming him?
5. What is the warning that Ralph gives to Dominick when he phones him up secretly?
6. What story has Dominick been reading when he comes into Patel's office for a new appointment?
7. Where is Ignazia finally found after she leaves and the dog has been poisoned after her departure?
8. Who fails to show up when Dominick and Ray are making funeral arrangements, in this story?
9. What does Dominick see when he climbs to the third story in order to paint the Roods' house anyway?
10. What does Dominick evade when he is talking with Patel at the beginning of this section of the story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dominick is sometimes angry about the way that he is always going to be linked to Thomas in some way.
Part 1: Do you think it's normal for a person to not want to be linked with a sibling?
Part 2: Why do you think Thomas is always going to be linked to Dominick, aside from the connection as twins?
Part 3: How do you think Dominick's life might be if he was not related to Thomas?
Essay Topic 2
Thomas quits his job after being humiliated by his boss when he's working during his college years.
Part 1: Do you think it's a good idea to quit a job because you're being humiliated?
Part 2: In modern times of lawsuits, what might Thomas have done to get back at his boss?
Part 3: Why do you think that Thomas decided to stand up to his boss?
Essay Topic 3
The relationship between Dominick and Thomas is a loving one, though perhaps not in the conventional way.
Part 1: Why do you think Dominick continues to care for his brother?
Part 2: Do you think that you could stand by your brother if he had as many problems as Thomas does?
Part 3: How do you think Dominick could be handling his brother better in the story?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)