|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Because Papa was able to stop ____________, he is promoted to a nighttime supervisor at Plant 2.
2. What does Papa's daughter tell him to do instead of just using poultices to help himself fight colds?
3. Who does Ignazia move in with downstairs during this part of the story?
4. What problem is Ray having with his body which is going to require a lot of healing time?
5. When Signora Siragusa dies, _________ is a pallbearer as he feels she was like a mother to him.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ray ask for when he does not recognize Dominick when he visits him, in this story?
2. What does Dominick see when he climbs to the third story in order to paint the Roods' house anyway?
3. What does Dominick ask Ralph to do for him after he meets with Patel to talk about Thomas?
4. What does Sheffer tell Dominick about the possible future of the mental health facility, in this story?
5. What does Dominick evade when he is talking with Patel at the beginning of this section of the story?
6. What happens to tear out Dominick's stitches during the time that Dominick was supposed to paint the Rood's house?
7. What is the incident which makes Papa finally go to confession after he begins to think about how far he has strayed?
8. Who is revealed as being Dominick's father when Ray breaks his promise to Ma and tells Dominick?
9. What story has Dominick been reading when he comes into Patel's office for a new appointment?
10. Who fails to show up when Dominick and Ray are making funeral arrangements, in this story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Thomas quits his job after being humiliated by his boss when he's working during his college years.
Part 1: Do you think it's a good idea to quit a job because you're being humiliated?
Part 2: In modern times of lawsuits, what might Thomas have done to get back at his boss?
Part 3: Why do you think that Thomas decided to stand up to his boss?
Essay Topic 2
Dominick steps in to help fend off the unwanted advances of a sailor and ends up meeting a woman he comes to love.
Part 1: Do you think that Dominick defended the woman because he liked her or because she was in danger?
Part 2: Why do you think Dominick was willing to put himself in harm's way?
Part 3: Do you think that you could step in to help someone you thought to be in trouble?
Essay Topic 3
Even though he was abused, Dominick refuses to say that Ray was inhuman as a person.
Part 1: Why do you think that Dominick seems to still stick up for Ray's actions?
Part 2: Do you think you might have a different reaction to the actions of Ray?
Part 3: How do you think that Dominick could be so seemingly forgiving of Ray?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)