|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Papa decide to thank for all of his blessings when the archbishop comes to bless the school?
2. In a dream, Dominick dreams about hanging Thomas, who turns into a forgiving ___________.
3. What does Sheffer bring for Dominick to use in order to meet with Thomas before his hearing?
4. Who is fired from his job at the plant and eventually becomes a greengrocer at Hurok's Market?
5. Who does Papa decide that he wants to marry, even though this woman has decided she wants to marry in the American way?
Essay Topic 1
Even though he was abused, Dominick refuses to say that Ray was inhuman as a person.
Part 1: Why do you think that Dominick seems to still stick up for Ray's actions?
Part 2: Do you think you might have a different reaction to the actions of Ray?
Part 3: How do you think that Dominick could be so seemingly forgiving of Ray?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the book, there are several myths brought in, including Shiva, the god of destruction.
Part 1: Why do you think these myths and stories are brought into the book?
Part 2: How does Shiva apply to the situation with Thomas and Dominick?
Part 3: Are there any other mythologies or stories which you think might apply to the brothers?
Essay Topic 3
Dominick feels bad for not sticking up for a friend in his class when he was a kid.
Part 1: Why do you think Dominick feels bad for not sticking up for a kid in his class?
Part 2: How do you think Dominick's life might have changed if he were to stick up for this kid in his class?
Part 3: Why do you think that Dominick feels the need to stick up for others in his life?
This section contains 1,541 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)