|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is fired from his job at the plant and eventually becomes a greengrocer at Hurok's Market?
2. Ray decides to show more care and concern for his '______' when Dominick is laid up in the hospital.
3. Where is Vincenzo shot in revenge for his sleeping with another man's wife?
4. What does Dominick do that he is not supposed to do when he is visiting with Thomas?
5. Dominick is told that he needs to commit to __________ trial sessions before Patel will take him back on as a patient.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the second child that Ignazia gives birth to, an obvious baby from another partner?
2. What does Ray offer to help Dominick do when he is showing uncommon concern for him?
3. What does Dominick see when he climbs to the third story in order to paint the Roods' house anyway?
4. How did Dominick get Thomas in trouble when they were kids and they were in mass with Ray and Ma?
5. What does Pasquale do which makes Papa so upset that he begins to weep for Pasquale?
6. Who is revealed as being Dominick's father when Ray breaks his promise to Ma and tells Dominick?
7. What does Papa find out about Prosperine and Ignazia has he searches the kitchen for poison?
8. Who fails to show up when Dominick and Ray are making funeral arrangements, in this story?
9. What does Dominick evade when he is talking with Patel at the beginning of this section of the story?
10. What is the thing that Papa beats Ignazia for, according to his memoir, in this story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the book, there are several myths brought in, including Shiva, the god of destruction.
Part 1: Why do you think these myths and stories are brought into the book?
Part 2: How does Shiva apply to the situation with Thomas and Dominick?
Part 3: Are there any other mythologies or stories which you think might apply to the brothers?
Essay Topic 2
The choice that Thomas makes in order to protest the war for himself is a drastic one.
Part 1: Why do you think Thomas makes the choice he does in order to protest the war?
Part 2: What might you have done if you didn't want anyone to fight in a war anymore?
Part 3: Do you think there are other people like Thomas in the military today?
Essay Topic 3
The memoir of Papa is revealing and scary and altering for Dominick as he reads is.
Part 1: Why do you think the memoir has been kept a secret for so long?
Part 2: Do you think reading a memoir about your parents might change your life?
Part 3: How do you think you might change your actions if you read a memoir of your parents?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)