|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Papa is told that he will work alone and that he will have to work twice as hard, so he does and becomes a __________.
2. When Dominick finally falls asleep after his long drive, he dreams of unbaptized ____________ trapped under the ice.
3. Who does Ignazia move in with downstairs during this part of the story?
4. What does Dominick do that he is not supposed to do when he is visiting with Thomas?
5. Dessa reveals that she has started to go to __________ again after volunteering at a children's hospice.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dominick can not return the 'I love you' from Thomas until after Thomas is asleep.
Part 1: Why do you think it's difficult for Dominick to say he loves his brother?
Part 2: Do you find it difficult to tell your siblings you love them?
Part 3: Do you think that Thomas knows his brother loves him? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Thomas believes that Dominick is singled out for abuse because he does not defend himself.
Part 1: Why do you think Thomas believes Dominick can't defend himself?
Part 2: Do you think people who can't defend themselves are more likely to be hurt?
Part 3: What do you think might have happened if Dominick were to fight back?
Essay Topic 3
Prosperine puts poison and glass into Selvi's food in order to kill him and he dies in agony.
Part 1: Why do you think Prosperine wants to kill Selvi?
Part 2: Do you think that Prosperine had a good reason to kill Selvi?
Part 3: How do you think the problems between the two might have been worked out more effectively?
This section contains 1,545 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)