|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dominick fear will walk out on him if he ends up needing to care for Thomas?
2. Papa is told that he will work alone and that he will have to work twice as hard, so he does and becomes a __________.
3. What did Thomas and Dominick have to do in order to go to All Saint's Mass in the morning?
4. Papa agrees to get the Italian vote for ___________ if they men promise to track down Prosperine.
5. What does Papa's daughter tell him to do instead of just using poultices to help himself fight colds?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the incident which makes Papa finally go to confession after he begins to think about how far he has strayed?
2. How did Dominick get Thomas in trouble when they were kids and they were in mass with Ray and Ma?
3. Where is Ignazia finally found after she leaves and the dog has been poisoned after her departure?
4. Why is Vincenzo killed after Papa decides to disown him instead of shaming him?
5. What does Ray offer to help Dominick do when he is showing uncommon concern for him?
6. Who is revealed as being Dominick's father when Ray breaks his promise to Ma and tells Dominick?
7. What does Pasquale do which makes Papa so upset that he begins to weep for Pasquale?
8. What is the second child that Ignazia gives birth to, an obvious baby from another partner?
9. What does Papa find out about Prosperine and Ignazia has he searches the kitchen for poison?
10. What does Papa receive during the blessing of the school, which overwhelms him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Thomas quits his job after being humiliated by his boss when he's working during his college years.
Part 1: Do you think it's a good idea to quit a job because you're being humiliated?
Part 2: In modern times of lawsuits, what might Thomas have done to get back at his boss?
Part 3: Why do you think that Thomas decided to stand up to his boss?
Essay Topic 2
Dominick feels bad for not sticking up for a friend in his class when he was a kid.
Part 1: Why do you think Dominick feels bad for not sticking up for a kid in his class?
Part 2: How do you think Dominick's life might have changed if he were to stick up for this kid in his class?
Part 3: Why do you think that Dominick feels the need to stick up for others in his life?
Essay Topic 3
Dominick has people watching Thomas to ensure that he's not being abused.
Part 1: Why do you think Dominick continues to watch out for his brother?
Part 2: Do you think that Thomas is being abused at the center?
Part 3: How do you think that Dominick would react if there was a report of abuse?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)