|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dominick wonders if his mother ever knew that she had a __________, as the memoir has revealed.
2. What does Papa smell which lets him know that someone besides Ignazia is in the house?
3. What does Dominick call the current Persian Gulf war when it is brought up in conversation?
4. Where does Dominick wake up after falling off the ladder at the Rood's house?
5. What is the problem that Dominick's hospital roommate continues to have as a result of a bleeding ulcer?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Papa become the first Italian boss in the textile mill where he works, according to his memoir?
2. What happens to tear out Dominick's stitches during the time that Dominick was supposed to paint the Rood's house?
3. Who is revealed as being Dominick's father when Ray breaks his promise to Ma and tells Dominick?
4. What story has Dominick been reading when he comes into Patel's office for a new appointment?
5. What does Ray ask for when he does not recognize Dominick when he visits him, in this story?
6. What does Papa find out about Prosperine and Ignazia has he searches the kitchen for poison?
7. Why is Vincenzo killed after Papa decides to disown him instead of shaming him?
8. What is the surprise that Dominick finds when he returns home on the eve of Thomas' hearing?
9. What does Dominick see when he climbs to the third story in order to paint the Roods' house anyway?
10. What does Papa refuse to do when he finds out that Ignazia is pregnant?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dominick is sometimes angry about the way that he is always going to be linked to Thomas in some way.
Part 1: Do you think it's normal for a person to not want to be linked with a sibling?
Part 2: Why do you think Thomas is always going to be linked to Dominick, aside from the connection as twins?
Part 3: How do you think Dominick's life might be if he was not related to Thomas?
Essay Topic 2
Dominick is told that Thomas' new doctors are very good, but that he will not be out quickly as there is a new political climate at the center.
Part 1: Do you think that the political climate at a care center should affect the patients?
Part 2: Why do you think Thomas' care is altered by the political climate?
Part 3: How do you think that Thomas' care might be different if there was no political climate?
Essay Topic 3
Dominick has people watching Thomas to ensure that he's not being abused.
Part 1: Why do you think Dominick continues to watch out for his brother?
Part 2: Do you think that Thomas is being abused at the center?
Part 3: How do you think that Dominick would react if there was a report of abuse?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)