|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the old phobia that Dominick has to face in addition to the shocking image he sees while at the Rood's house?
2. What color is the hair of the second child to which Ignazia gives birth during her marriage to Papa?
3. What does Sheffer bring for Dominick to use in order to meet with Thomas before his hearing?
4. Sheffer and Dominick think that Thomas will not get anything more out of another year at ___________.
5. Who does Dominick think that he passes when he is driving alone to the painting job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Papa do since he can not trust Prosperine to not poison him as they are living together?
2. What is the second child that Ignazia gives birth to, an obvious baby from another partner?
3. What is the warning that Ralph gives to Dominick when he phones him up secretly?
4. What does Ray offer to help Dominick do when he is showing uncommon concern for him?
5. What is the thing that Papa beats Ignazia for, according to his memoir, in this story?
6. What happens to tear out Dominick's stitches during the time that Dominick was supposed to paint the Rood's house?
7. What does Ray ask for when he does not recognize Dominick when he visits him, in this story?
8. Who fails to show up when Dominick and Ray are making funeral arrangements, in this story?
9. What story has Dominick been reading when he comes into Patel's office for a new appointment?
10. Why is Vincenzo killed after Papa decides to disown him instead of shaming him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The story includes a number of flashbacks about the life of the brothers as they were growing up.
Part 1: Why do you think the author felt it was necessary to include flashbacks?
Part 2: Do you agree that the flashbacks help the story come to life for the reader?
Part 3: How do you think the story might have changed if the reader doesn't find out anything about the history of the brothers?
Essay Topic 2
The memoir of Papa is revealing and scary and altering for Dominick as he reads is.
Part 1: Why do you think the memoir has been kept a secret for so long?
Part 2: Do you think reading a memoir about your parents might change your life?
Part 3: How do you think you might change your actions if you read a memoir of your parents?
Essay Topic 3
Dominick has people watching Thomas to ensure that he's not being abused.
Part 1: Why do you think Dominick continues to watch out for his brother?
Part 2: Do you think that Thomas is being abused at the center?
Part 3: How do you think that Dominick would react if there was a report of abuse?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)