|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Guglielmo want Papa to manage, which is surprising to Papa when he is asked?
2. In a dream, Dominick dreams about hanging Thomas, who turns into a forgiving ___________.
3. What does Thomas do whenever anyone tries to ask a question of him during the meeting?
4. Why is Ray going to the doctor in the first place? He has some minor _____________ in his legs.
5. Guglielmo assigns Papa the task of _________________ in order to receive penance for the sins he's committed in his life.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dominick see when he climbs to the third story in order to paint the Roods' house anyway?
2. Where is Ignazia finally found after she leaves and the dog has been poisoned after her departure?
3. What does Ray ask for when he does not recognize Dominick when he visits him, in this story?
4. What story has Dominick been reading when he comes into Patel's office for a new appointment?
5. What does Ray offer to help Dominick do when he is showing uncommon concern for him?
6. What is the surprise that Dominick finds when he returns home on the eve of Thomas' hearing?
7. What is the incident which makes Papa finally go to confession after he begins to think about how far he has strayed?
8. What does Papa do since he can not trust Prosperine to not poison him as they are living together?
9. Why is Vincenzo killed after Papa decides to disown him instead of shaming him?
10. Who is revealed as being Dominick's father when Ray breaks his promise to Ma and tells Dominick?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dominick has people watching Thomas to ensure that he's not being abused.
Part 1: Why do you think Dominick continues to watch out for his brother?
Part 2: Do you think that Thomas is being abused at the center?
Part 3: How do you think that Dominick would react if there was a report of abuse?
Essay Topic 2
Dominick steps in to help fend off the unwanted advances of a sailor and ends up meeting a woman he comes to love.
Part 1: Do you think that Dominick defended the woman because he liked her or because she was in danger?
Part 2: Why do you think Dominick was willing to put himself in harm's way?
Part 3: Do you think that you could step in to help someone you thought to be in trouble?
Essay Topic 3
Dominick can not return the 'I love you' from Thomas until after Thomas is asleep.
Part 1: Why do you think it's difficult for Dominick to say he loves his brother?
Part 2: Do you find it difficult to tell your siblings you love them?
Part 3: Do you think that Thomas knows his brother loves him? Why or why not?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)