|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the hair of the second child to which Ignazia gives birth during her marriage to Papa?
2. What did Thomas and Dominick have to do in order to go to All Saint's Mass in the morning?
3. Because Papa was able to stop ____________, he is promoted to a nighttime supervisor at Plant 2.
4. Who always eats candy during the mass after Halloween, according to the way the story is told?
5. Sheffer points out that Thomas has also had troubles in ______________ in the past, so that might not be an option.
Essay Topic 1
Dominick steps in to help fend off the unwanted advances of a sailor and ends up meeting a woman he comes to love.
Part 1: Do you think that Dominick defended the woman because he liked her or because she was in danger?
Part 2: Why do you think Dominick was willing to put himself in harm's way?
Part 3: Do you think that you could step in to help someone you thought to be in trouble?
Essay Topic 2
Thomas believes that Dominick is singled out for abuse because he does not defend himself.
Part 1: Why do you think Thomas believes Dominick can't defend himself?
Part 2: Do you think people who can't defend themselves are more likely to be hurt?
Part 3: What do you think might have happened if Dominick were to fight back?
Essay Topic 3
Thomas quits his job after being humiliated by his boss when he's working during his college years.
Part 1: Do you think it's a good idea to quit a job because you're being humiliated?
Part 2: In modern times of lawsuits, what might Thomas have done to get back at his boss?
Part 3: Why do you think that Thomas decided to stand up to his boss?
This section contains 1,563 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)