|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Thomas and Dominick have to do in order to go to All Saint's Mass in the morning?
2. Papa agrees to get the Italian vote for ___________ if they men promise to track down Prosperine.
3. Because Papa was able to stop ____________, he is promoted to a nighttime supervisor at Plant 2.
4. Papa buys a police dog in order to track _____________ into the woods in order to exact his revenge.
5. Papa does not talk about the two __________ women with whom he lives when he does go into confession.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dominick steps in to help fend off the unwanted advances of a sailor and ends up meeting a woman he comes to love.
Part 1: Do you think that Dominick defended the woman because he liked her or because she was in danger?
Part 2: Why do you think Dominick was willing to put himself in harm's way?
Part 3: Do you think that you could step in to help someone you thought to be in trouble?
Essay Topic 2
Ray seems to mock the twins, no matter what they do or how they act in their lives, causing them to never feel completely loved or accepted.
Part 1: Why do you think Ray is unaccepting of the twins, no matter what they do?
Part 2: Why do you think Ray mocks Dominick for making the dean's list in school?
Part 3: Why do you think Ray reprimands Thomas for not getting better grades in school?
Essay Topic 3
Dominick feels bad for not sticking up for a friend in his class when he was a kid.
Part 1: Why do you think Dominick feels bad for not sticking up for a kid in his class?
Part 2: How do you think Dominick's life might have changed if he were to stick up for this kid in his class?
Part 3: Why do you think that Dominick feels the need to stick up for others in his life?
This section contains 1,555 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)