Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decided to abstain from the vote to move Thomas or to keep him at the center?
2. Papa does not talk about the two __________ women with whom he lives when he does go into confession.
3. Papa buys a police dog in order to track _____________ into the woods in order to exact his revenge.
4. When Thomas dies, Dominick wonders if he is still a ___________ since his brother is now gone.
5. Papa writes a letter about the passing of Vincenzo to his mother, only to find out she has died of ____________.
Essay Topic 1
Dominick feels that by recalling the past, he might yet be able to forgive himself for what has happened.
Part 1: Why do you think recalling the past might be helpful?
Part 2: Do you think you need to remember your past in order to forgive yourself?
Part 3: How might you forgive yourself for something bad you have done in the past?
Essay Topic 2
There seems to be a strained relationship between the brothers and their stepfather, though it does not seem unrealistic.
Part 1: Why do you think the twins have so much trouble getting along with their stepfather?
Part 2: Do you think the stepfather is doing all he can for his stepsons?
Part 3: Why do you think the relationship between a stepparent and a stepchild is different than the relationship between a biological father and son?
Essay Topic 3
Even though he was abused, Dominick refuses to say that Ray was inhuman as a person.
Part 1: Why do you think that Dominick seems to still stick up for Ray's actions?
Part 2: Do you think you might have a different reaction to the actions of Ray?
Part 3: How do you think that Dominick could be so seemingly forgiving of Ray?
This section contains 1,540 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)