Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decided to abstain from the vote to move Thomas or to keep him at the center?
2. Papa does not talk about the two __________ women with whom he lives when he does go into confession.
3. Papa buys a police dog in order to track _____________ into the woods in order to exact his revenge.
4. When Thomas dies, Dominick wonders if he is still a ___________ since his brother is now gone.
5. Papa writes a letter about the passing of Vincenzo to his mother, only to find out she has died of ____________.
Ma seems to be nervous about telling the twins the name of their real father, so she keeps this a secret for a while.
Part 1: Why do you think that Ma evades the question of who the twins' father really is?
Part 2: Do you think it's right for a mother to not tell her sons who their father is?
Part 3: What do you think you might have done if you were not told who your father was and you wanted to know?
Dominick feels that by recalling the past, he might yet be able to forgive himself for what has happened.
Part 1: Why do you think recalling the past might be helpful?
Part 2: Do you think you need to remember your past in order to forgive yourself?
Part 3: How might you forgive yourself for something bad you have done in the past?
Throughout the book, there are several myths brought in, including Shiva, the god of destruction.
Part 1: Why do you think these myths and stories are brought into the book?
Part 2: How does Shiva apply to the situation with Thomas and Dominick?
Part 3: Are there any other mythologies or stories which you think might apply to the brothers?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)