|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Papa does not talk about the two __________ women with whom he lives when he does go into confession.
2. Dominick is told that he needs to commit to __________ trial sessions before Patel will take him back on as a patient.
3. Because Papa was able to stop ____________, he is promoted to a nighttime supervisor at Plant 2.
4. Where does Dominick wake up after falling off the ladder at the Rood's house?
5. Papa still feels that the mayor treats him like a dumb ____________ whenever they speak or interact.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Papa do since he can not trust Prosperine to not poison him as they are living together?
2. What story has Dominick been reading when he comes into Patel's office for a new appointment?
3. Who fails to show up when Dominick and Ray are making funeral arrangements, in this story?
4. What does Papa refuse to do when he finds out that Ignazia is pregnant?
5. What does Ray ask for when he does not recognize Dominick when he visits him, in this story?
6. How did Dominick get Thomas in trouble when they were kids and they were in mass with Ray and Ma?
7. What does Pasquale do which makes Papa so upset that he begins to weep for Pasquale?
8. What is the second child that Ignazia gives birth to, an obvious baby from another partner?
9. What is the thing that Papa beats Ignazia for, according to his memoir, in this story?
10. What happens to tear out Dominick's stitches during the time that Dominick was supposed to paint the Rood's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The memoir of Papa is revealing and scary and altering for Dominick as he reads is.
Part 1: Why do you think the memoir has been kept a secret for so long?
Part 2: Do you think reading a memoir about your parents might change your life?
Part 3: How do you think you might change your actions if you read a memoir of your parents?
Essay Topic 2
Ma seems to be nervous about telling the twins the name of their real father, so she keeps this a secret for a while.
Part 1: Why do you think that Ma evades the question of who the twins' father really is?
Part 2: Do you think it's right for a mother to not tell her sons who their father is?
Part 3: What do you think you might have done if you were not told who your father was and you wanted to know?
Essay Topic 3
Thomas believes that Dominick is singled out for abuse because he does not defend himself.
Part 1: Why do you think Thomas believes Dominick can't defend himself?
Part 2: Do you think people who can't defend themselves are more likely to be hurt?
Part 3: What do you think might have happened if Dominick were to fight back?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)