|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Papa still feels that the mayor treats him like a dumb ____________ whenever they speak or interact.
2. The priest reminds Papa of his earliest intentions of becoming a __________, though he never did.
3. Dominick is told that he needs to commit to __________ trial sessions before Patel will take him back on as a patient.
4. Because Papa was able to stop ____________, he is promoted to a nighttime supervisor at Plant 2.
5. Who does Dominick fear will walk out on him if he ends up needing to care for Thomas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What story has Dominick been reading when he comes into Patel's office for a new appointment?
2. What does Papa do since he can not trust Prosperine to not poison him as they are living together?
3. How does Papa become the first Italian boss in the textile mill where he works, according to his memoir?
4. How did Dominick get Thomas in trouble when they were kids and they were in mass with Ray and Ma?
5. What does Papa refuse to do when he finds out that Ignazia is pregnant?
6. What is the incident which makes Papa finally go to confession after he begins to think about how far he has strayed?
7. What is the surprise that Dominick finds when he returns home on the eve of Thomas' hearing?
8. What does Dominick see when he climbs to the third story in order to paint the Roods' house anyway?
9. Where is Ignazia finally found after she leaves and the dog has been poisoned after her departure?
10. What does Dominick ask Ralph to do for him after he meets with Patel to talk about Thomas?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dominick is sometimes angry about the way that he is always going to be linked to Thomas in some way.
Part 1: Do you think it's normal for a person to not want to be linked with a sibling?
Part 2: Why do you think Thomas is always going to be linked to Dominick, aside from the connection as twins?
Part 3: How do you think Dominick's life might be if he was not related to Thomas?
Essay Topic 2
The relationship between Dominick and Thomas is a loving one, though perhaps not in the conventional way.
Part 1: Why do you think Dominick continues to care for his brother?
Part 2: Do you think that you could stand by your brother if he had as many problems as Thomas does?
Part 3: How do you think Dominick could be handling his brother better in the story?
Essay Topic 3
The memoir of Papa is revealing and scary and altering for Dominick as he reads is.
Part 1: Why do you think the memoir has been kept a secret for so long?
Part 2: Do you think reading a memoir about your parents might change your life?
Part 3: How do you think you might change your actions if you read a memoir of your parents?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)