Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which president is in charge of Operation Desert Shield during the time of the antiwar protest?
2. Thomas says that Ray is jealous of _______ special plans for him, according to the therapy tape.
3. Whose picture is the biggest in Ma and Ray's room, as Dominick notices when he's sitting there?
4. Who is forbidden to have male visitors while her family is away, though she does so anyway?
5. At sometime in the past, Dominick, Leo, and Ralph all did a ___________ together, according to the book.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dominick recall lying about in third grade which he now feels guilty about doing?
2. Who is revealed as being Dominick's father when Ray breaks his promise to Ma and tells Dominick?
3. What does seeing young dance students trigger in Dominick when he goes to see Patel and Sheffer?
4. What are the therapy techniques which Dominick objects to, as they are causing one person in his life to be at blame?
5. What does Papa find out about Prosperine and Ignazia has he searches the kitchen for poison?
6. What does Ma forbid the boys from telling their stepfather when they are coming back from the movie theater?
7. What does Papa do since he can not trust Prosperine to not poison him as they are living together?
8. What does Dominick grow impatient with when he is talking with his brother a day before the amputation?
9. Who tries to assure Dominick that Thomas is fine at the place where he is recovering?
10. What happens to the memoir by Papa which Dominick decides he wants to translate for himself?
The relationship between Dominick and Thomas is a loving one, though perhaps not in the conventional way.
Part 1: Why do you think Dominick continues to care for his brother?
Part 2: Do you think that you could stand by your brother if he had as many problems as Thomas does?
Part 3: How do you think Dominick could be handling his brother better in the story?
Even though he was abused, Dominick refuses to say that Ray was inhuman as a person.
Part 1: Why do you think that Dominick seems to still stick up for Ray's actions?
Part 2: Do you think you might have a different reaction to the actions of Ray?
Part 3: How do you think that Dominick could be so seemingly forgiving of Ray?
Dominick can not return the 'I love you' from Thomas until after Thomas is asleep.
Part 1: Why do you think it's difficult for Dominick to say he loves his brother?
Part 2: Do you find it difficult to tell your siblings you love them?
Part 3: Do you think that Thomas knows his brother loves him? Why or why not?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)