|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the twin that accidentally locks himself in the bathroom, almost ruining the trip?
2. Dominick panics as they pass the _________ Building for the Hatch Forensic Institute.
3. What did the United States citizens fear most about the Soviet Union during the 1950s?
4. Who is always noting the different venial and mortal sins which causes Dominick to worry about his future?
5. In this chapter, the law of the ____________ is discussed along with the psychology of sales.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dominick endanger himself when he is out with Leo during the summer of 1969?
2. What happens to the memoir by Papa which Dominick decides he wants to translate for himself?
3. What is the long range goal of Patel when she is working with Thomas, a goal she tells Dominick about?
4. What does Thomas not remember which causes him to think that Dominick is mad at him?
5. Why is it hard for Dominick to not take care of his brother and watch out for him in this everyday life?
6. What are the guidelines for Dominick being able to visit Thomas when he is at the center?
7. Why does Dominick decide to take up house painting instead of teaching anymore?
8. What do the two boys think about when their mother takes them to a movie in 1958 and both boys are bored?
9. What does Dominick learn when he goes to visit Sheffer in the office to talk about Thomas, in this story?
10. What does Ma forbid the boys from telling their stepfather when they are coming back from the movie theater?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dominick is told that Thomas' new doctors are very good, but that he will not be out quickly as there is a new political climate at the center.
Part 1: Do you think that the political climate at a care center should affect the patients?
Part 2: Why do you think Thomas' care is altered by the political climate?
Part 3: How do you think that Thomas' care might be different if there was no political climate?
Essay Topic 2
Dominick feels that by recalling the past, he might yet be able to forgive himself for what has happened.
Part 1: Why do you think recalling the past might be helpful?
Part 2: Do you think you need to remember your past in order to forgive yourself?
Part 3: How might you forgive yourself for something bad you have done in the past?
Essay Topic 3
Thomas believes that Dominick is singled out for abuse because he does not defend himself.
Part 1: Why do you think Thomas believes Dominick can't defend himself?
Part 2: Do you think people who can't defend themselves are more likely to be hurt?
Part 3: What do you think might have happened if Dominick were to fight back?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)