Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Dominick's lovers could be categorized as being shyer than another of Dominick's lovers?
2. Leo insists that being a ____________ major makes him an expert on homosexuality, though he has never been tempted.
3. ________ is a big talking, sex addict who is stuck in a going-nowhere job but is convinced he will get his break in the movies.
4. Dominick believes that __________ is a bully, but that he is not inhuman as the tapes seem to make him.
5. Clarabel was a __________ on the Howdy Doody Show, as referenced in the section describing the time when the boys grew up.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the therapy techniques which Dominick objects to, as they are causing one person in his life to be at blame?
2. What does Dominick grow impatient with when he is talking with his brother a day before the amputation?
3. What is the story that Dominick maintains when the police question him and Leo about Dell?
4. What do the two boys think about when their mother takes them to a movie in 1958 and both boys are bored?
5. What happens to the memoir by Papa which Dominick decides he wants to translate for himself?
6. What does seeing young dance students trigger in Dominick when he goes to see Patel and Sheffer?
7. What happens to tear out Dominick's stitches during the time that Dominick was supposed to paint the Rood's house?
8. What is the warning that Ralph gives to Dominick when he phones him up secretly?
9. What does Papa find out about Prosperine and Ignazia has he searches the kitchen for poison?
10. What does Papa do since he can not trust Prosperine to not poison him as they are living together?
Dominick has people watching Thomas to ensure that he's not being abused.
Part 1: Why do you think Dominick continues to watch out for his brother?
Part 2: Do you think that Thomas is being abused at the center?
Part 3: How do you think that Dominick would react if there was a report of abuse?
Dominick can not return the 'I love you' from Thomas until after Thomas is asleep.
Part 1: Why do you think it's difficult for Dominick to say he loves his brother?
Part 2: Do you find it difficult to tell your siblings you love them?
Part 3: Do you think that Thomas knows his brother loves him? Why or why not?
Dominick is told that Thomas' new doctors are very good, but that he will not be out quickly as there is a new political climate at the center.
Part 1: Do you think that the political climate at a care center should affect the patients?
Part 2: Why do you think Thomas' care is altered by the political climate?
Part 3: How do you think that Thomas' care might be different if there was no political climate?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)