|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ma decide is responsible for delivering her and her sons to safety after they encounter the crazy man?
2. Who does Dominick find out wants to talk to him, per a message left by his girlfriend, Joy?
3. In this chapter, the law of the ____________ is discussed along with the psychology of sales.
4. __________ sees Angela's death as a sign from unseen enemies that this character is going to be assassinated.
5. Who also grows angry at the teacher that Ralph yells at, though this student does not say anything?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dominick grow impatient with when he is talking with his brother a day before the amputation?
2. What is the story that Dominick maintains when the police question him and Leo about Dell?
3. What is the profession that Leo has when Dominick goes to visit with him during this part of the story?
4. Why is it hard for Dominick to not take care of his brother and watch out for him in this everyday life?
5. What is Thomas wondering when he is being transported to Three Rivers for observation in this story?
6. What does Leo suggest to Dominick when he comes to pick him up during this part of the book?
7. What do the two boys think about when their mother takes them to a movie in 1958 and both boys are bored?
8. What are the guidelines for Dominick being able to visit Thomas when he is at the center?
9. What happens which makes Dominick feel moved during his conversation and his visit with Leo?
10. What is happening when Dominick goes through the motions of having sex with his girlfriend, Joy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dominick can not return the 'I love you' from Thomas until after Thomas is asleep.
Part 1: Why do you think it's difficult for Dominick to say he loves his brother?
Part 2: Do you find it difficult to tell your siblings you love them?
Part 3: Do you think that Thomas knows his brother loves him? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Ma seems to be nervous about telling the twins the name of their real father, so she keeps this a secret for a while.
Part 1: Why do you think that Ma evades the question of who the twins' father really is?
Part 2: Do you think it's right for a mother to not tell her sons who their father is?
Part 3: What do you think you might have done if you were not told who your father was and you wanted to know?
Essay Topic 3
Dominick steps in to help fend off the unwanted advances of a sailor and ends up meeting a woman he comes to love.
Part 1: Do you think that Dominick defended the woman because he liked her or because she was in danger?
Part 2: Why do you think Dominick was willing to put himself in harm's way?
Part 3: Do you think that you could step in to help someone you thought to be in trouble?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)