|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which president is in charge of Operation Desert Shield during the time of the antiwar protest?
2. Thomas says that Ray is jealous of _______ special plans for him, according to the therapy tape.
3. Whose picture is the biggest in Ma and Ray's room, as Dominick notices when he's sitting there?
4. Who is forbidden to have male visitors while her family is away, though she does so anyway?
5. At sometime in the past, Dominick, Leo, and Ralph all did a ___________ together, according to the book.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dominick recall lying about in third grade which he now feels guilty about doing?
2. Who is revealed as being Dominick's father when Ray breaks his promise to Ma and tells Dominick?
3. What does seeing young dance students trigger in Dominick when he goes to see Patel and Sheffer?
4. What are the therapy techniques which Dominick objects to, as they are causing one person in his life to be at blame?
5. What does Papa find out about Prosperine and Ignazia has he searches the kitchen for poison?
6. What does Ma forbid the boys from telling their stepfather when they are coming back from the movie theater?
7. What does Papa do since he can not trust Prosperine to not poison him as they are living together?
8. What does Dominick grow impatient with when he is talking with his brother a day before the amputation?
9. Who tries to assure Dominick that Thomas is fine at the place where he is recovering?
10. What happens to the memoir by Papa which Dominick decides he wants to translate for himself?
Essay Topic 1
The choice that Thomas makes in order to protest the war for himself is a drastic one.
Part 1: Why do you think Thomas makes the choice he does in order to protest the war?
Part 2: What might you have done if you didn't want anyone to fight in a war anymore?
Part 3: Do you think there are other people like Thomas in the military today?
Essay Topic 2
Dominick can not return the 'I love you' from Thomas until after Thomas is asleep.
Part 1: Why do you think it's difficult for Dominick to say he loves his brother?
Part 2: Do you find it difficult to tell your siblings you love them?
Part 3: Do you think that Thomas knows his brother loves him? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Thomas quits his job after being humiliated by his boss when he's working during his college years.
Part 1: Do you think it's a good idea to quit a job because you're being humiliated?
Part 2: In modern times of lawsuits, what might Thomas have done to get back at his boss?
Part 3: Why do you think that Thomas decided to stand up to his boss?
This section contains 1,909 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)