|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject that Dominick teaches when he is a teacher as his profession?
2. What does Dominick say that he doesn't want to be when Patel suggests that they run some tests on the twins' brains?
3. What does Dessa declare is a symptom of Dominick's toxic anger and then decides to leave him?
4. Who also grows angry at the teacher that Ralph yells at, though this student does not say anything?
5. Ralph takes offense to a teacher's presentation on ____________ in his history class.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dominick recall lying about in third grade which he now feels guilty about doing?
2. What are the therapy techniques which Dominick objects to, as they are causing one person in his life to be at blame?
3. What is happening when Dominick goes through the motions of having sex with his girlfriend, Joy?
4. What does Ma do when the television explodes, according to Dominick's memory from 1958?
5. What is the story that Dominick maintains when the police question him and Leo about Dell?
6. What happens when Dominick takes Thomas to the hospital after his amputation during the beginning of the book?
7. What is the news about the case that Dominick learns when he is talking with Patel and listening to Thomas' tapes?
8. What does Dominick learn when he goes to visit Sheffer in the office to talk about Thomas, in this story?
9. What is the long range goal of Patel when she is working with Thomas, a goal she tells Dominick about?
10. What are the guidelines for Dominick being able to visit Thomas when he is at the center?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dominick can not return the 'I love you' from Thomas until after Thomas is asleep.
Part 1: Why do you think it's difficult for Dominick to say he loves his brother?
Part 2: Do you find it difficult to tell your siblings you love them?
Part 3: Do you think that Thomas knows his brother loves him? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Dominick is sometimes angry about the way that he is always going to be linked to Thomas in some way.
Part 1: Do you think it's normal for a person to not want to be linked with a sibling?
Part 2: Why do you think Thomas is always going to be linked to Dominick, aside from the connection as twins?
Part 3: How do you think Dominick's life might be if he was not related to Thomas?
Essay Topic 3
Dominick feels bad for not sticking up for a friend in his class when he was a kid.
Part 1: Why do you think Dominick feels bad for not sticking up for a kid in his class?
Part 2: How do you think Dominick's life might have changed if he were to stick up for this kid in his class?
Part 3: Why do you think that Dominick feels the need to stick up for others in his life?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)