|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ray decide to purchase in order to be able to see the moon landing in 1969?
2. What is the diagnosis which has been given to Thomas, in which he hears voices and sees hallucinations?
3. When Dominick was a child, someone locked a ____________ in a firebox and it died in terror, which makes Dominick terrified.
4. Who also grows angry at the teacher that Ralph yells at, though this student does not say anything?
5. What does Dessa declare is a symptom of Dominick's toxic anger and then decides to leave him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who tries to assure Dominick that Thomas is fine at the place where he is recovering?
2. When does Dominick next see Penny's twin brother after Penny's death, in this story?
3. What does seeing young dance students trigger in Dominick when he goes to see Patel and Sheffer?
4. What do the two boys think about when their mother takes them to a movie in 1958 and both boys are bored?
5. How does Dominick endanger himself when he is out with Leo during the summer of 1969?
6. Why does Thomas believe that Dominick has been singled out in his life, according to the therapy tape?
7. What are the therapy techniques which Dominick objects to, as they are causing one person in his life to be at blame?
8. What does Ma forbid the boys from telling their stepfather when they are coming back from the movie theater?
9. Why does Dell decide to lower the price of the used car that he is trying to sell to Leo, in this story?
10. What is the terrible situation which happens on the field trip the twins take in 1962 to the Statue of Liberty?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dominick has people watching Thomas to ensure that he's not being abused.
Part 1: Why do you think Dominick continues to watch out for his brother?
Part 2: Do you think that Thomas is being abused at the center?
Part 3: How do you think that Dominick would react if there was a report of abuse?
Essay Topic 2
Ray seems to mock the twins, no matter what they do or how they act in their lives, causing them to never feel completely loved or accepted.
Part 1: Why do you think Ray is unaccepting of the twins, no matter what they do?
Part 2: Why do you think Ray mocks Dominick for making the dean's list in school?
Part 3: Why do you think Ray reprimands Thomas for not getting better grades in school?
Essay Topic 3
Dominick is told that Thomas' new doctors are very good, but that he will not be out quickly as there is a new political climate at the center.
Part 1: Do you think that the political climate at a care center should affect the patients?
Part 2: Why do you think Thomas' care is altered by the political climate?
Part 3: How do you think that Thomas' care might be different if there was no political climate?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)