|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. __________ says that Ray beats them up and rapes Ma in front of the twins to teach them about the real world.
2. Who decides to tell women he meets that he is Robert Redford's stand-in during "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid"?
3. What is the profession of Ralph Drinkwater at the Hatch Center, according to descriptions in the story?
4. What does Ray decide to purchase in order to be able to see the moon landing in 1969?
5. Thomas buys a book on ___________ and makes his girlfriend read the stories to him while he pleasures himself.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Patel think Dominick needs to do in order to relieve his anger and feel better?
2. What is the long range goal of Patel when she is working with Thomas, a goal she tells Dominick about?
3. What is the news about the case that Dominick learns when he is talking with Patel and listening to Thomas' tapes?
4. What does Ma forbid the boys from telling their stepfather when they are coming back from the movie theater?
5. What is Dominick torn between when he is in Ma and Ray's room, with a mind that is being sparked by memories?
6. What does Dominick learn when he goes to visit Sheffer in the office to talk about Thomas, in this story?
7. What do the two boys think about when their mother takes them to a movie in 1958 and both boys are bored?
8. What does Dominick regret about the summer of 1969 when he is talking with Thomas about sex and marijuana?
9. What is the profession that Leo has when Dominick goes to visit with him during this part of the story?
10. What does Ma do when the television explodes, according to Dominick's memory from 1958?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dominick has people watching Thomas to ensure that he's not being abused.
Part 1: Why do you think Dominick continues to watch out for his brother?
Part 2: Do you think that Thomas is being abused at the center?
Part 3: How do you think that Dominick would react if there was a report of abuse?
Essay Topic 2
Dominick steps in to help fend off the unwanted advances of a sailor and ends up meeting a woman he comes to love.
Part 1: Do you think that Dominick defended the woman because he liked her or because she was in danger?
Part 2: Why do you think Dominick was willing to put himself in harm's way?
Part 3: Do you think that you could step in to help someone you thought to be in trouble?
Essay Topic 3
The relationship between Dominick and Thomas is a loving one, though perhaps not in the conventional way.
Part 1: Why do you think Dominick continues to care for his brother?
Part 2: Do you think that you could stand by your brother if he had as many problems as Thomas does?
Part 3: How do you think Dominick could be handling his brother better in the story?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)