Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which president is in charge of Operation Desert Shield during the time of the antiwar protest?
2. Thomas says that Ray is jealous of _______ special plans for him, according to the therapy tape.
3. Whose picture is the biggest in Ma and Ray's room, as Dominick notices when he's sitting there?
4. Who is forbidden to have male visitors while her family is away, though she does so anyway?
5. At sometime in the past, Dominick, Leo, and Ralph all did a ___________ together, according to the book.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dominick recall lying about in third grade which he now feels guilty about doing?
2. Who is revealed as being Dominick's father when Ray breaks his promise to Ma and tells Dominick?
3. What does seeing young dance students trigger in Dominick when he goes to see Patel and Sheffer?
4. What are the therapy techniques which Dominick objects to, as they are causing one person in his life to be at blame?
5. What does Papa find out about Prosperine and Ignazia has he searches the kitchen for poison?
6. What does Ma forbid the boys from telling their stepfather when they are coming back from the movie theater?
7. What does Papa do since he can not trust Prosperine to not poison him as they are living together?
8. What does Dominick grow impatient with when he is talking with his brother a day before the amputation?
9. Who tries to assure Dominick that Thomas is fine at the place where he is recovering?
10. What happens to the memoir by Papa which Dominick decides he wants to translate for himself?
Essay Topic 1
The memoir of Papa is revealing and scary and altering for Dominick as he reads is.
Part 1: Why do you think the memoir has been kept a secret for so long?
Part 2: Do you think reading a memoir about your parents might change your life?
Part 3: How do you think you might change your actions if you read a memoir of your parents?
Essay Topic 2
Prosperine puts poison and glass into Selvi's food in order to kill him and he dies in agony.
Part 1: Why do you think Prosperine wants to kill Selvi?
Part 2: Do you think that Prosperine had a good reason to kill Selvi?
Part 3: How do you think the problems between the two might have been worked out more effectively?
Essay Topic 3
Dominick has people watching Thomas to ensure that he's not being abused.
Part 1: Why do you think Dominick continues to watch out for his brother?
Part 2: Do you think that Thomas is being abused at the center?
Part 3: How do you think that Dominick would react if there was a report of abuse?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)