|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dominick awakes from a dream in which he ignores Thomas' skill at __________________.
2. ________ demands that society take vengeance on the murderer when Penny is found murdered.
3. In this chapter, the law of the ____________ is discussed along with the psychology of sales.
4. Sheffer tries to bond with Dominick, comparing him to the literary figure _______________.
5. What does Dessa declare is a symptom of Dominick's toxic anger and then decides to leave him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the two boys think about when their mother takes them to a movie in 1958 and both boys are bored?
2. What is Thomas wondering when he is being transported to Three Rivers for observation in this story?
3. What does Ma forbid the boys from telling their stepfather when they are coming back from the movie theater?
4. What happens when Dominick takes Thomas to the hospital after his amputation during the beginning of the book?
5. What is the story that Dominick maintains when the police question him and Leo about Dell?
6. What does Thomas not remember which causes him to think that Dominick is mad at him?
7. What does Dominick recall lying about in third grade which he now feels guilty about doing?
8. Why does Dominick go to visit a clinic after going to see Sheffer to talk about Thomas?
9. What does Patel think Dominick needs to do in order to relieve his anger and feel better?
10. What is the profession that Leo has when Dominick goes to visit with him during this part of the story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dominick steps in to help fend off the unwanted advances of a sailor and ends up meeting a woman he comes to love.
Part 1: Do you think that Dominick defended the woman because he liked her or because she was in danger?
Part 2: Why do you think Dominick was willing to put himself in harm's way?
Part 3: Do you think that you could step in to help someone you thought to be in trouble?
Essay Topic 2
Dominick feels that by recalling the past, he might yet be able to forgive himself for what has happened.
Part 1: Why do you think recalling the past might be helpful?
Part 2: Do you think you need to remember your past in order to forgive yourself?
Part 3: How might you forgive yourself for something bad you have done in the past?
Essay Topic 3
Ray seems to mock the twins, no matter what they do or how they act in their lives, causing them to never feel completely loved or accepted.
Part 1: Why do you think Ray is unaccepting of the twins, no matter what they do?
Part 2: Why do you think Ray mocks Dominick for making the dean's list in school?
Part 3: Why do you think Ray reprimands Thomas for not getting better grades in school?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)