|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who refuses to consider Thomas' antiwar act heroic, which is not surprising, given their relationship?
2. Joy's psychologist says that her __________ behavior is related to her being sexually abused as a young woman.
3. Who does Dominick find out wants to talk to him, per a message left by his girlfriend, Joy?
4. Ma warns the twins not to gawk or to talk about anyone with ___________, though they seem to be everywhere.
5. Dominick believes that __________ is a bully, but that he is not inhuman as the tapes seem to make him.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is revealed as being Dominick's father when Ray breaks his promise to Ma and tells Dominick?
2. To what does Dominick attribute the meanness of Ray towards Thomas when he is arguing with Joy?
3. What is the terrible situation which happens on the field trip the twins take in 1962 to the Statue of Liberty?
4. What happens when it's found out that Thomas did not get a safe number in the draft for Vietnam war fighting?
5. What does Dominick regret about the summer of 1969 when he is talking with Thomas about sex and marijuana?
6. Why does Dell decide to lower the price of the used car that he is trying to sell to Leo, in this story?
7. What is the story that Dominick maintains when the police question him and Leo about Dell?
8. What does Dominick ask Ralph to do for him after he meets with Patel to talk about Thomas?
9. What is the surprise that Dominick finds when he returns home on the eve of Thomas' hearing?
10. Why does Thomas believe that Dominick has been singled out in his life, according to the therapy tape?
Essay Topic 1
Ma seems to be nervous about telling the twins the name of their real father, so she keeps this a secret for a while.
Part 1: Why do you think that Ma evades the question of who the twins' father really is?
Part 2: Do you think it's right for a mother to not tell her sons who their father is?
Part 3: What do you think you might have done if you were not told who your father was and you wanted to know?
Essay Topic 2
Dominick can not return the 'I love you' from Thomas until after Thomas is asleep.
Part 1: Why do you think it's difficult for Dominick to say he loves his brother?
Part 2: Do you find it difficult to tell your siblings you love them?
Part 3: Do you think that Thomas knows his brother loves him? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Thomas quits his job after being humiliated by his boss when he's working during his college years.
Part 1: Do you think it's a good idea to quit a job because you're being humiliated?
Part 2: In modern times of lawsuits, what might Thomas have done to get back at his boss?
Part 3: Why do you think that Thomas decided to stand up to his boss?
This section contains 1,922 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)