|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose picture is the biggest in Ma and Ray's room, as Dominick notices when he's sitting there?
2. Who also grows angry at the teacher that Ralph yells at, though this student does not say anything?
3. Ma warns the twins not to gawk or to talk about anyone with ___________, though they seem to be everywhere.
4. Ray is the stepfather who works the third shift at ____________ when the twins are growing up with their Ma.
5. What do the twins receive as their graduation present from their Ma and Ray when they're headed off to college?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dominick regret about the summer of 1969 when he is talking with Thomas about sex and marijuana?
2. What is the long range goal of Patel when she is working with Thomas, a goal she tells Dominick about?
3. What does Dominick learn when he goes to visit Sheffer in the office to talk about Thomas, in this story?
4. Why does Dominick go to visit a clinic after going to see Sheffer to talk about Thomas?
5. What is happening when Dominick goes through the motions of having sex with his girlfriend, Joy?
6. What happens when Dominick takes Thomas to the hospital after his amputation during the beginning of the book?
7. What is the story that Dominick maintains when the police question him and Leo about Dell?
8. Why does Dell decide to lower the price of the used car that he is trying to sell to Leo, in this story?
9. What does Leo suggest to Dominick when he comes to pick him up during this part of the book?
10. How does Dominick endanger himself when he is out with Leo during the summer of 1969?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dominick is told that Thomas' new doctors are very good, but that he will not be out quickly as there is a new political climate at the center.
Part 1: Do you think that the political climate at a care center should affect the patients?
Part 2: Why do you think Thomas' care is altered by the political climate?
Part 3: How do you think that Thomas' care might be different if there was no political climate?
Essay Topic 2
Dominick feels bad for not sticking up for a friend in his class when he was a kid.
Part 1: Why do you think Dominick feels bad for not sticking up for a kid in his class?
Part 2: How do you think Dominick's life might have changed if he were to stick up for this kid in his class?
Part 3: Why do you think that Dominick feels the need to stick up for others in his life?
Essay Topic 3
Thomas quits his job after being humiliated by his boss when he's working during his college years.
Part 1: Do you think it's a good idea to quit a job because you're being humiliated?
Part 2: In modern times of lawsuits, what might Thomas have done to get back at his boss?
Part 3: Why do you think that Thomas decided to stand up to his boss?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)