|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. __________ sees Angela's death as a sign from unseen enemies that this character is going to be assassinated.
2. Which of Dominick's lovers could be categorized as being shyer than another of Dominick's lovers?
3. Who flirts with Thomas when Dessa visits with the Birdseys during a time when Thomas is acting normally?
4. What is the name of the manager at the movie theater which other people in the room call him?
5. Whose abuse is focused on in the therapy tapes which Dominick and Patel listen to?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Dominick next see Penny's twin brother after Penny's death, in this story?
2. What does Dominick learn when he goes to visit Sheffer in the office to talk about Thomas, in this story?
3. Why do Ray and Ma fight over sending Dominick and Thomas to college during the time of the Vietnam War?
4. What does Thomas not remember which causes him to think that Dominick is mad at him?
5. How does Dominick endanger himself when he is out with Leo during the summer of 1969?
6. What does Patel think Dominick needs to do in order to relieve his anger and feel better?
7. Why does Dominick go to visit a clinic after going to see Sheffer to talk about Thomas?
8. What happens in the story of Bhagirath that Patel tells to Dominick when they are in a session together?
9. What is the long range goal of Patel when she is working with Thomas, a goal she tells Dominick about?
10. What are the guidelines for Dominick being able to visit Thomas when he is at the center?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Papa decides to drown the monkey because it bites Papa, even though he promised Pasquale he would not.
Part 1: Why do you think Papa breaks the promise to Pasquale?
Part 2: Do you think drowning the monkey was an evil act of Papa or a necessary evil?
Part 3: How do you think Papa's life might have changed had he not drowned the monkey?
Essay Topic 2
Prosperine puts poison and glass into Selvi's food in order to kill him and he dies in agony.
Part 1: Why do you think Prosperine wants to kill Selvi?
Part 2: Do you think that Prosperine had a good reason to kill Selvi?
Part 3: How do you think the problems between the two might have been worked out more effectively?
Essay Topic 3
There seems to be a strained relationship between the brothers and their stepfather, though it does not seem unrealistic.
Part 1: Why do you think the twins have so much trouble getting along with their stepfather?
Part 2: Do you think the stepfather is doing all he can for his stepsons?
Part 3: Why do you think the relationship between a stepparent and a stepchild is different than the relationship between a biological father and son?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)