|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Judy Yup is willing to testify that ___________ is oppression when she sees the extent of Dominick's injuries.
2. __________ says that Ray beats them up and rapes Ma in front of the twins to teach them about the real world.
3. Sheffer volunteers to be the twins' ____________ during the time of the case and the evaluation.
4. Who does Dominick find out wants to talk to him, per a message left by his girlfriend, Joy?
5. Whenever Dominick sees ______________, thoughts overtake him about what might have been for Angela.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dominick learn when he goes to visit Sheffer in the office to talk about Thomas, in this story?
2. What does Ma do when the television explodes, according to Dominick's memory from 1958?
3. What is the terrible situation which happens on the field trip the twins take in 1962 to the Statue of Liberty?
4. When does Dominick next see Penny's twin brother after Penny's death, in this story?
5. Why does Thomas believe that Dominick has been singled out in his life, according to the therapy tape?
6. What are the therapy techniques which Dominick objects to, as they are causing one person in his life to be at blame?
7. Why is it hard for Dominick to not take care of his brother and watch out for him in this everyday life?
8. What is the news about the case that Dominick learns when he is talking with Patel and listening to Thomas' tapes?
9. What happens to the memoir by Papa which Dominick decides he wants to translate for himself?
10. What does Dominick regret about the summer of 1969 when he is talking with Thomas about sex and marijuana?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ma seems to be nervous about telling the twins the name of their real father, so she keeps this a secret for a while.
Part 1: Why do you think that Ma evades the question of who the twins' father really is?
Part 2: Do you think it's right for a mother to not tell her sons who their father is?
Part 3: What do you think you might have done if you were not told who your father was and you wanted to know?
Essay Topic 2
Thomas quits his job after being humiliated by his boss when he's working during his college years.
Part 1: Do you think it's a good idea to quit a job because you're being humiliated?
Part 2: In modern times of lawsuits, what might Thomas have done to get back at his boss?
Part 3: Why do you think that Thomas decided to stand up to his boss?
Essay Topic 3
The relationship between Dominick and Thomas is a loving one, though perhaps not in the conventional way.
Part 1: Why do you think Dominick continues to care for his brother?
Part 2: Do you think that you could stand by your brother if he had as many problems as Thomas does?
Part 3: How do you think Dominick could be handling his brother better in the story?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)