|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose abuse is focused on in the therapy tapes which Dominick and Patel listen to?
2. Dominick is talked out of getting a ___________ as this will only complicate matters, he is told.
3. Thomas, as a child, wanted to save up his money in order to buy Ma a ___________, but Dominick beat him to it.
4. What is the name of the manager at the movie theater which other people in the room call him?
5. ___________ is the one who is clearly in command of the history of Thomas' treatment, according to the story.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it hard for Dominick to not take care of his brother and watch out for him in this everyday life?
2. What is the story that Dominick maintains when the police question him and Leo about Dell?
3. What happens which makes Dominick feel moved during his conversation and his visit with Leo?
4. What is the news about the case that Dominick learns when he is talking with Patel and listening to Thomas' tapes?
5. What does Ma forbid the boys from telling their stepfather when they are coming back from the movie theater?
6. What does seeing young dance students trigger in Dominick when he goes to see Patel and Sheffer?
7. What is the long range goal of Patel when she is working with Thomas, a goal she tells Dominick about?
8. What do the two boys think about when their mother takes them to a movie in 1958 and both boys are bored?
9. What does Patel think Dominick needs to do in order to relieve his anger and feel better?
10. What does Thomas not remember which causes him to think that Dominick is mad at him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The choice that Thomas makes in order to protest the war for himself is a drastic one.
Part 1: Why do you think Thomas makes the choice he does in order to protest the war?
Part 2: What might you have done if you didn't want anyone to fight in a war anymore?
Part 3: Do you think there are other people like Thomas in the military today?
Essay Topic 2
Dominick steps in to help fend off the unwanted advances of a sailor and ends up meeting a woman he comes to love.
Part 1: Do you think that Dominick defended the woman because he liked her or because she was in danger?
Part 2: Why do you think Dominick was willing to put himself in harm's way?
Part 3: Do you think that you could step in to help someone you thought to be in trouble?
Essay Topic 3
Ma seems to be nervous about telling the twins the name of their real father, so she keeps this a secret for a while.
Part 1: Why do you think that Ma evades the question of who the twins' father really is?
Part 2: Do you think it's right for a mother to not tell her sons who their father is?
Part 3: What do you think you might have done if you were not told who your father was and you wanted to know?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)