|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dominick is troubled by the obscure _________ that Thomas has left for him as well.
2. Who is complaining of the notoriety which is being forced upon them because of the anti-war act?
3. Dell and his wife are arrested for having __________ as Ralph turns them in for this crime.
4. Nedra Frank is the ____________ who does not return the memoir when she is hired to translate it.
5. In this chapter, the law of the ____________ is discussed along with the psychology of sales.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dominick regret about the summer of 1969 when he is talking with Thomas about sex and marijuana?
2. To what does Dominick attribute the meanness of Ray towards Thomas when he is arguing with Joy?
3. What is the terrible situation which happens on the field trip the twins take in 1962 to the Statue of Liberty?
4. What does Dominick learn when he goes to visit Sheffer in the office to talk about Thomas, in this story?
5. What does Thomas not remember which causes him to think that Dominick is mad at him?
6. Why does Dominick go to visit a clinic after going to see Sheffer to talk about Thomas?
7. What is happening when Dominick goes through the motions of having sex with his girlfriend, Joy?
8. What is Thomas wondering when he is being transported to Three Rivers for observation in this story?
9. What happens when it's found out that Thomas did not get a safe number in the draft for Vietnam war fighting?
10. When does Dominick next see Penny's twin brother after Penny's death, in this story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The choice that Thomas makes in order to protest the war for himself is a drastic one.
Part 1: Why do you think Thomas makes the choice he does in order to protest the war?
Part 2: What might you have done if you didn't want anyone to fight in a war anymore?
Part 3: Do you think there are other people like Thomas in the military today?
Essay Topic 2
Thomas believes that Dominick is singled out for abuse because he does not defend himself.
Part 1: Why do you think Thomas believes Dominick can't defend himself?
Part 2: Do you think people who can't defend themselves are more likely to be hurt?
Part 3: What do you think might have happened if Dominick were to fight back?
Essay Topic 3
Ma seems to be nervous about telling the twins the name of their real father, so she keeps this a secret for a while.
Part 1: Why do you think that Ma evades the question of who the twins' father really is?
Part 2: Do you think it's right for a mother to not tell her sons who their father is?
Part 3: What do you think you might have done if you were not told who your father was and you wanted to know?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)