Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which president is in charge of Operation Desert Shield during the time of the antiwar protest?
2. Thomas says that Ray is jealous of _______ special plans for him, according to the therapy tape.
3. Whose picture is the biggest in Ma and Ray's room, as Dominick notices when he's sitting there?
4. Who is forbidden to have male visitors while her family is away, though she does so anyway?
5. At sometime in the past, Dominick, Leo, and Ralph all did a ___________ together, according to the book.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dominick recall lying about in third grade which he now feels guilty about doing?
2. Who is revealed as being Dominick's father when Ray breaks his promise to Ma and tells Dominick?
3. What does seeing young dance students trigger in Dominick when he goes to see Patel and Sheffer?
4. What are the therapy techniques which Dominick objects to, as they are causing one person in his life to be at blame?
5. What does Papa find out about Prosperine and Ignazia has he searches the kitchen for poison?
6. What does Ma forbid the boys from telling their stepfather when they are coming back from the movie theater?
7. What does Papa do since he can not trust Prosperine to not poison him as they are living together?
8. What does Dominick grow impatient with when he is talking with his brother a day before the amputation?
9. Who tries to assure Dominick that Thomas is fine at the place where he is recovering?
10. What happens to the memoir by Papa which Dominick decides he wants to translate for himself?
Essay Topic 1
Dominick steps in to help fend off the unwanted advances of a sailor and ends up meeting a woman he comes to love.
Part 1: Do you think that Dominick defended the woman because he liked her or because she was in danger?
Part 2: Why do you think Dominick was willing to put himself in harm's way?
Part 3: Do you think that you could step in to help someone you thought to be in trouble?
Essay Topic 2
Dominick can not return the 'I love you' from Thomas until after Thomas is asleep.
Part 1: Why do you think it's difficult for Dominick to say he loves his brother?
Part 2: Do you find it difficult to tell your siblings you love them?
Part 3: Do you think that Thomas knows his brother loves him? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Ma seems to be nervous about telling the twins the name of their real father, so she keeps this a secret for a while.
Part 1: Why do you think that Ma evades the question of who the twins' father really is?
Part 2: Do you think it's right for a mother to not tell her sons who their father is?
Part 3: What do you think you might have done if you were not told who your father was and you wanted to know?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)