|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Thomas decide to cut off his hand in order to escape being drafted into the military?
2. Leo insists that being a ____________ major makes him an expert on homosexuality, though he has never been tempted.
3. What is the diagnosis which has been given to Thomas, in which he hears voices and sees hallucinations?
4. Clarabel was a __________ on the Howdy Doody Show, as referenced in the section describing the time when the boys grew up.
5. What do the twins receive as their graduation present from their Ma and Ray when they're headed off to college?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Dominick next see Penny's twin brother after Penny's death, in this story?
2. Who tries to assure Dominick that Thomas is fine at the place where he is recovering?
3. What happens which makes Dominick feel moved during his conversation and his visit with Leo?
4. What is happening when Dominick goes through the motions of having sex with his girlfriend, Joy?
5. Why does Thomas believe that Dominick has been singled out in his life, according to the therapy tape?
6. What does Ma do when the television explodes, according to Dominick's memory from 1958?
7. What do the two boys think about when their mother takes them to a movie in 1958 and both boys are bored?
8. What happens in the story of Bhagirath that Patel tells to Dominick when they are in a session together?
9. Why does Dominick decide to take up house painting instead of teaching anymore?
10. Why does Dominick go to visit a clinic after going to see Sheffer to talk about Thomas?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Even though he was abused, Dominick refuses to say that Ray was inhuman as a person.
Part 1: Why do you think that Dominick seems to still stick up for Ray's actions?
Part 2: Do you think you might have a different reaction to the actions of Ray?
Part 3: How do you think that Dominick could be so seemingly forgiving of Ray?
Essay Topic 2
Thomas believes that Dominick is singled out for abuse because he does not defend himself.
Part 1: Why do you think Thomas believes Dominick can't defend himself?
Part 2: Do you think people who can't defend themselves are more likely to be hurt?
Part 3: What do you think might have happened if Dominick were to fight back?
Essay Topic 3
Dominick has people watching Thomas to ensure that he's not being abused.
Part 1: Why do you think Dominick continues to watch out for his brother?
Part 2: Do you think that Thomas is being abused at the center?
Part 3: How do you think that Dominick would react if there was a report of abuse?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)