|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Papa smell which lets him know that someone besides Ignazia is in the house?
(a) Properine's pipe tobacco.
(d) Spoiled milk.
2. The memoir goes into details about how Italian families negotiate a ___________ for their children.
(c) First communion.
3. What does Dominick call the current Persian Gulf war when it is brought up in conversation?
(a) A pain in his side.
(b) Vietnam II.
(c) The truth.
4. Papa does not talk about the two __________ women with whom he lives when he does go into confession.
5. Who decided to abstain from the vote to move Thomas or to keep him at the center?
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Papa's heart race when he enters into the harbor of New York for the first time?
2. Who does Ray lock in the closet for hours on end as a child, possibly causing him to have troubles in the modern time?
3. Who is irreverent when he enters into New York, which causes him to get backhanded?
4. What does Prosperine do after Papa beats Ignazia for the first time? She threatens to castrate him ________________.
5. Who is the attendant that has been ignoring Thomas in the rec room when Dominick sees his brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is revealed as being Dominick's father when Ray breaks his promise to Ma and tells Dominick?
2. What does Ray offer to help Dominick do when he is showing uncommon concern for him?
3. What is the incident which makes Papa finally go to confession after he begins to think about how far he has strayed?
4. Who fails to show up when Dominick and Ray are making funeral arrangements, in this story?
5. What is the surprise that Dominick finds when he returns home on the eve of Thomas' hearing?
6. What does Ray ask for when he does not recognize Dominick when he visits him, in this story?
7. How does Papa become the first Italian boss in the textile mill where he works, according to his memoir?
8. What is the second child that Ignazia gives birth to, an obvious baby from another partner?
9. What does Papa do since he can not trust Prosperine to not poison him as they are living together?
10. What happens to tear out Dominick's stitches during the time that Dominick was supposed to paint the Rood's house?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)