|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sheffer and Dominick think that Thomas will not get anything more out of another year at ___________.
(a) Twin Peaks.
(c) Morning Glory.
2. The players at the card game talk about breaking the __________ of women, just in the same way one might do with a horse.
3. Dominick is told that he needs to commit to __________ trial sessions before Patel will take him back on as a patient.
4. Prosperine quotes to Papa that, "You'll save a __________ and lose your wife!"
(c) Piece of pride.
5. Papa writes a letter about the passing of Vincenzo to his mother, only to find out she has died of ____________.
(a) A broken heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dominick think that he passes when he is driving alone to the painting job?
2. Also known as WASPs, this group, ______________, flocks to the ballot box and Papa is blamed for the lost election.
3. What is the problem that Dominick's hospital roommate continues to have as a result of a bleeding ulcer?
4. Who does Dominick fear will walk out on him if he ends up needing to care for Thomas?
5. What makes Papa's heart race when he enters into the harbor of New York for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the warning that Ralph gives to Dominick when he phones him up secretly?
2. What does Ray ask for when he does not recognize Dominick when he visits him, in this story?
3. How does Papa become the first Italian boss in the textile mill where he works, according to his memoir?
4. What does Ray offer to help Dominick do when he is showing uncommon concern for him?
5. What happens to tear out Dominick's stitches during the time that Dominick was supposed to paint the Rood's house?
6. What is the surprise that Dominick finds when he returns home on the eve of Thomas' hearing?
7. What does Pasquale do which makes Papa so upset that he begins to weep for Pasquale?
8. Where is Ignazia finally found after she leaves and the dog has been poisoned after her departure?
9. What is the incident which makes Papa finally go to confession after he begins to think about how far he has strayed?
10. Who fails to show up when Dominick and Ray are making funeral arrangements, in this story?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)