|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Papa orders ____________ to his bed on at least Saturdays and Sundays, hoping for a child.
2. Papa will not let the local priest _________ the girl as she was made from sin, according to his belief.
3. Because Papa was able to stop ____________, he is promoted to a nighttime supervisor at Plant 2.
(b) Rising costs.
(c) A mutiny.
(d) Pay raises.
4. Guglielmo assigns Papa the task of _________________ in order to receive penance for the sins he's committed in his life.
(a) Building a river.
(b) Fifteen rosaries.
(c) Writing his memoir.
(d) Creating a painting.
5. In a dream, Dominick dreams about hanging Thomas, who turns into a forgiving ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name Papa openly calls Prosperine when she is doing her chores in the house?
2. Papa offers to take both Ignazia and Prosperine into his home, though Prosperine will be the ___________.
3. What does Papa's daughter tell him to do instead of just using poultices to help himself fight colds?
4. Papa writes a letter about the passing of Vincenzo to his mother, only to find out she has died of ____________.
5. Also known as WASPs, this group, ______________, flocks to the ballot box and Papa is blamed for the lost election.
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Ignazia finally found after she leaves and the dog has been poisoned after her departure?
2. Who is revealed as being Dominick's father when Ray breaks his promise to Ma and tells Dominick?
3. What is the incident which makes Papa finally go to confession after he begins to think about how far he has strayed?
4. What is the second child that Ignazia gives birth to, an obvious baby from another partner?
5. What is the warning that Ralph gives to Dominick when he phones him up secretly?
6. What does Dominick see when he climbs to the third story in order to paint the Roods' house anyway?
7. What does Papa receive during the blessing of the school, which overwhelms him?
8. What does Papa refuse to do when he finds out that Ignazia is pregnant?
9. What does Papa do since he can not trust Prosperine to not poison him as they are living together?
10. What is the thing that Papa beats Ignazia for, according to his memoir, in this story?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)