|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sheffer and Dominick think that Thomas will not get anything more out of another year at ___________.
(c) Twin Peaks.
(d) Morning Glory.
2. What are Papa's friends trying to talk him into, though he is trying to be firm about his decision?
3. Patel wants to find out more about why Dominick continues to use the word __________ to describe the process of therapy.
4. The memoir goes into details about how Italian families negotiate a ___________ for their children.
(c) First communion.
5. What makes Papa's heart race when he enters into the harbor of New York for the first time?
(a) Statue of Liberty.
(b) The train station.
(c) The boat's hard entry.
(d) Ellis Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who always eats candy during the mass after Halloween, according to the way the story is told?
2. What did Thomas and Dominick have to do in order to go to All Saint's Mass in the morning?
3. Papa writes a letter about the passing of Vincenzo to his mother, only to find out she has died of ____________.
4. When Signora Siragusa dies, _________ is a pallbearer as he feels she was like a mother to him.
5. Who does Dominick fear will walk out on him if he ends up needing to care for Thomas?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Dominick get Thomas in trouble when they were kids and they were in mass with Ray and Ma?
2. What does Papa refuse to do when he finds out that Ignazia is pregnant?
3. What is the incident which makes Papa finally go to confession after he begins to think about how far he has strayed?
4. What does Papa find out about Prosperine and Ignazia has he searches the kitchen for poison?
5. How does Papa become the first Italian boss in the textile mill where he works, according to his memoir?
6. What is the warning that Ralph gives to Dominick when he phones him up secretly?
7. Where is Ignazia finally found after she leaves and the dog has been poisoned after her departure?
8. What does Dominick evade when he is talking with Patel at the beginning of this section of the story?
9. What is the surprise that Dominick finds when he returns home on the eve of Thomas' hearing?
10. What does Dominick see when he climbs to the third story in order to paint the Roods' house anyway?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)