|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Papa's heart race when he enters into the harbor of New York for the first time?
(a) The boat's hard entry.
(b) The train station.
(c) Statue of Liberty.
(d) Ellis Island.
2. What does Papa decline again and again, though it is said to be the key to serenity?
3. What does Dominick call the current Persian Gulf war when it is brought up in conversation?
(a) The truth.
(b) Vietnam II.
(d) A pain in his side.
4. Guglielmo assigns Papa the task of _________________ in order to receive penance for the sins he's committed in his life.
(a) Creating a painting.
(b) Fifteen rosaries.
(c) Building a river.
(d) Writing his memoir.
5. Who is irreverent when he enters into New York, which causes him to get backhanded?
Short Answer Questions
1. Papa writes a letter about the passing of Vincenzo to his mother, only to find out she has died of ____________.
2. What does Papa's daughter tell him to do instead of just using poultices to help himself fight colds?
3. Who does Dominick think that he passes when he is driving alone to the painting job?
4. The memoir goes into details about how Italian families negotiate a ___________ for their children.
5. Prosperine quotes to Papa that, "You'll save a __________ and lose your wife!"
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pasquale do which makes Papa so upset that he begins to weep for Pasquale?
2. What does Ray offer to help Dominick do when he is showing uncommon concern for him?
3. What does Dominick evade when he is talking with Patel at the beginning of this section of the story?
4. How did Dominick get Thomas in trouble when they were kids and they were in mass with Ray and Ma?
5. What story has Dominick been reading when he comes into Patel's office for a new appointment?
6. What happens to tear out Dominick's stitches during the time that Dominick was supposed to paint the Rood's house?
7. What is the thing that Papa beats Ignazia for, according to his memoir, in this story?
8. Who is revealed as being Dominick's father when Ray breaks his promise to Ma and tells Dominick?
9. What does Dominick see when he climbs to the third story in order to paint the Roods' house anyway?
10. Who fails to show up when Dominick and Ray are making funeral arrangements, in this story?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)