|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ignazia move in with downstairs during this part of the story?
2. Dominick is told that he needs to commit to __________ trial sessions before Patel will take him back on as a patient.
3. Where does Dominick wake up after falling off the ladder at the Rood's house?
(a) Shutter Creek.
(b) Rosalina Memorial.
(c) Shanley Memorial.
(d) Three Rivers.
4. Where does Papa hope to get Prosperine a job in order to make money for the household?
(b) Medical office.
(c) A seamstress shop.
(d) The local union.
5. Where is Vincenzo shot in revenge for his sleeping with another man's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. Prosperine quotes to Papa that, "You'll save a __________ and lose your wife!"
2. Who does Papa decide that he wants to marry, even though this woman has decided she wants to marry in the American way?
3. What color is the hair of the second child to which Ignazia gives birth during her marriage to Papa?
4. What does Prosperine do after Papa beats Ignazia for the first time? She threatens to castrate him ________________.
5. The memoir goes into details about how Italian families negotiate a ___________ for their children.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Papa refuse to do when he finds out that Ignazia is pregnant?
2. What story has Dominick been reading when he comes into Patel's office for a new appointment?
3. Who is revealed as being Dominick's father when Ray breaks his promise to Ma and tells Dominick?
4. Why is Vincenzo killed after Papa decides to disown him instead of shaming him?
5. What does Dominick evade when he is talking with Patel at the beginning of this section of the story?
6. What is the warning that Ralph gives to Dominick when he phones him up secretly?
7. What does Papa receive during the blessing of the school, which overwhelms him?
8. What is the second child that Ignazia gives birth to, an obvious baby from another partner?
9. How does Papa become the first Italian boss in the textile mill where he works, according to his memoir?
10. What is the surprise that Dominick finds when he returns home on the eve of Thomas' hearing?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)