|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Papa does not talk about the two __________ women with whom he lives when he does go into confession.
2. Dessa reveals that she has started to go to __________ again after volunteering at a children's hospice.
(b) The library.
(c) Her family's house.
3. Who decided to abstain from the vote to move Thomas or to keep him at the center?
4. Prosperine quotes to Papa that, "You'll save a __________ and lose your wife!"
(a) Piece of pride.
5. Dominick notes that it is an interesting coincidence that Papa worked with a ______________ one summer as did the twins.
Short Answer Questions
1. The priest reminds Papa of his earliest intentions of becoming a __________, though he never did.
2. Who does Dominick fear will walk out on him if he ends up needing to care for Thomas?
3. The players at the card game talk about breaking the __________ of women, just in the same way one might do with a horse.
4. Who does Ignazia move in with downstairs during this part of the story?
5. Dominick is told that he needs to commit to __________ trial sessions before Patel will take him back on as a patient.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ray offer to help Dominick do when he is showing uncommon concern for him?
2. What is the surprise that Dominick finds when he returns home on the eve of Thomas' hearing?
3. What does Sheffer tell Dominick about the possible future of the mental health facility, in this story?
4. What does Dominick see when he climbs to the third story in order to paint the Roods' house anyway?
5. What does Papa receive during the blessing of the school, which overwhelms him?
6. What does Papa refuse to do when he finds out that Ignazia is pregnant?
7. What is the second child that Ignazia gives birth to, an obvious baby from another partner?
8. What is the incident which makes Papa finally go to confession after he begins to think about how far he has strayed?
9. What happens to tear out Dominick's stitches during the time that Dominick was supposed to paint the Rood's house?
10. What does Papa find out about Prosperine and Ignazia has he searches the kitchen for poison?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)