|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Henry give to Dominick right before he pulls the trigger to end his own life?
(a) A hex.
(b) A curse word.
(c) Evil eye.
(d) The finger.
2. Who does Dominick fear will walk out on him if he ends up needing to care for Thomas?
3. When Thomas dies, Dominick wonders if he is still a ___________ since his brother is now gone.
(b) Loving brother.
(c) Worthwhile person.
4. The players at the card game talk about breaking the __________ of women, just in the same way one might do with a horse.
5. What is the Italian omen that Papa finds in his house on January 10, 1925?
(a) Single white rose.
(c) Dead dog.
(d) A poppy seed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Thomas and Dominick have to do in order to go to All Saint's Mass in the morning?
2. Patel wants to find out more about why Dominick continues to use the word __________ to describe the process of therapy.
3. What does Dominick call the current Persian Gulf war when it is brought up in conversation?
4. What is the old phobia that Dominick has to face in addition to the shocking image he sees while at the Rood's house?
5. The priest reminds Papa of his earliest intentions of becoming a __________, though he never did.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the warning that Ralph gives to Dominick when he phones him up secretly?
2. Where is Ignazia finally found after she leaves and the dog has been poisoned after her departure?
3. How does Papa become the first Italian boss in the textile mill where he works, according to his memoir?
4. Why is Vincenzo killed after Papa decides to disown him instead of shaming him?
5. What is the second child that Ignazia gives birth to, an obvious baby from another partner?
6. What happens to tear out Dominick's stitches during the time that Dominick was supposed to paint the Rood's house?
7. What story has Dominick been reading when he comes into Patel's office for a new appointment?
8. What does Papa receive during the blessing of the school, which overwhelms him?
9. What does Papa refuse to do when he finds out that Ignazia is pregnant?
10. What is the surprise that Dominick finds when he returns home on the eve of Thomas' hearing?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)