|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Patel wants to find out more about why Dominick continues to use the word __________ to describe the process of therapy.
2. Also known as WASPs, this group, ______________, flocks to the ballot box and Papa is blamed for the lost election.
(a) Pond Runners.
(b) Death Eaters.
(c) Swamp Yankees.
(d) Large Gunners.
3. What is the Italian omen that Papa finds in his house on January 10, 1925?
(a) A poppy seed.
(c) Single white rose.
(d) Dead dog.
4. What does Papa admit he thinks that Pasquale was doing with his pet monkey?
(a) Fattening it up to eat it.
(b) Having sex with it.
(c) Trying to sell it.
(d) Taking it on the road.
5. Papa writes a letter about the passing of Vincenzo to his mother, only to find out she has died of ____________.
(b) A broken heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the first birth that Ignazia has with Papa during their marriage?
2. When Signora Siragusa dies, _________ is a pallbearer as he feels she was like a mother to him.
3. What kind of work can Papa not get so he has to take a job as a night janitor at the public library?
4. What is the problem that Dominick's hospital roommate continues to have as a result of a bleeding ulcer?
5. What problem is Ray having with his body which is going to require a lot of healing time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Papa do since he can not trust Prosperine to not poison him as they are living together?
2. What does Ray ask for when he does not recognize Dominick when he visits him, in this story?
3. Who fails to show up when Dominick and Ray are making funeral arrangements, in this story?
4. What does Dominick ask Ralph to do for him after he meets with Patel to talk about Thomas?
5. What does Dominick evade when he is talking with Patel at the beginning of this section of the story?
6. What happens to tear out Dominick's stitches during the time that Dominick was supposed to paint the Rood's house?
7. What does Sheffer tell Dominick about the possible future of the mental health facility, in this story?
8. What does Papa find out about Prosperine and Ignazia has he searches the kitchen for poison?
9. What is the surprise that Dominick finds when he returns home on the eve of Thomas' hearing?
10. What does Papa receive during the blessing of the school, which overwhelms him?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)