|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ray decides to show more care and concern for his '______' when Dominick is laid up in the hospital.
2. What kind of work can Papa not get so he has to take a job as a night janitor at the public library?
3. What is the problem that Dominick's hospital roommate continues to have as a result of a bleeding ulcer?
(c) Intense stomach pain.
(d) He can't eat.
4. What does Papa's daughter tell him to do instead of just using poultices to help himself fight colds?
(a) Call off work.
(b) Quit his job.
(c) Stop working so hard.
(d) Take a nap.
5. Who does Dominick think that he passes when he is driving alone to the painting job?
(d) Nedra Frank.
Short Answer Questions
1. Patel wants to find out more about why Dominick continues to use the word __________ to describe the process of therapy.
2. Who does Ray lock in the closet for hours on end as a child, possibly causing him to have troubles in the modern time?
3. What is the Italian omen that Papa finds in his house on January 10, 1925?
4. Papa will not let the local priest _________ the girl as she was made from sin, according to his belief.
5. What does Dominick call the current Persian Gulf war when it is brought up in conversation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who fails to show up when Dominick and Ray are making funeral arrangements, in this story?
2. How did Dominick get Thomas in trouble when they were kids and they were in mass with Ray and Ma?
3. What is the second child that Ignazia gives birth to, an obvious baby from another partner?
4. What does Pasquale do which makes Papa so upset that he begins to weep for Pasquale?
5. What does Dominick see when he climbs to the third story in order to paint the Roods' house anyway?
6. What is the surprise that Dominick finds when he returns home on the eve of Thomas' hearing?
7. Where is Ignazia finally found after she leaves and the dog has been poisoned after her departure?
8. What does Ray ask for when he does not recognize Dominick when he visits him, in this story?
9. Why is Vincenzo killed after Papa decides to disown him instead of shaming him?
10. What does Sheffer tell Dominick about the possible future of the mental health facility, in this story?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)