|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dominick wonders if his mother ever knew that she had a __________, as the memoir has revealed.
2. What is the name Papa openly calls Prosperine when she is doing her chores in the house?
3. Dominick tells Patel that Dessa has gotten them the __________ that Patel recommends getting to help him.
4. What color is the hair of the second child to which Ignazia gives birth during her marriage to Papa?
5. Papa will not let the local priest _________ the girl as she was made from sin, according to his belief.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thomas do whenever anyone tries to ask a question of him during the meeting?
2. Ray decides to show more care and concern for his '______' when Dominick is laid up in the hospital.
3. What problem is Ray having with his body which is going to require a lot of healing time?
4. What does Papa smell which lets him know that someone besides Ignazia is in the house?
5. Who does Papa decide that he wants to marry, even though this woman has decided she wants to marry in the American way?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Papa find out about Prosperine and Ignazia has he searches the kitchen for poison?
2. What happens to tear out Dominick's stitches during the time that Dominick was supposed to paint the Rood's house?
3. Who fails to show up when Dominick and Ray are making funeral arrangements, in this story?
4. What does Dominick see when he climbs to the third story in order to paint the Roods' house anyway?
5. What does Dominick evade when he is talking with Patel at the beginning of this section of the story?
6. What is the incident which makes Papa finally go to confession after he begins to think about how far he has strayed?
7. What does Ray ask for when he does not recognize Dominick when he visits him, in this story?
8. Who is revealed as being Dominick's father when Ray breaks his promise to Ma and tells Dominick?
9. What does Papa do since he can not trust Prosperine to not poison him as they are living together?
10. What is the warning that Ralph gives to Dominick when he phones him up secretly?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)