|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Papa is told that he will work alone and that he will have to work twice as hard, so he does and becomes a __________.
(b) Union organizer.
(c) Security guard.
2. What is the Italian omen that Papa finds in his house on January 10, 1925?
(a) Dead dog.
(c) Single white rose.
(d) A poppy seed.
3. Dominick notes that it is an interesting coincidence that Papa worked with a ______________ one summer as did the twins.
4. When Signora Siragusa dies, _________ is a pallbearer as he feels she was like a mother to him.
5. The players at the card game talk about breaking the __________ of women, just in the same way one might do with a horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dominick fear will walk out on him if he ends up needing to care for Thomas?
2. What kind of work can Papa not get so he has to take a job as a night janitor at the public library?
3. What are Papa's friends trying to talk him into, though he is trying to be firm about his decision?
4. What does Papa decline again and again, though it is said to be the key to serenity?
5. What is the problem that Dominick's hospital roommate continues to have as a result of a bleeding ulcer?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)