|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who decided to abstain from the vote to move Thomas or to keep him at the center?
2. What did Thomas and Dominick have to do in order to go to All Saint's Mass in the morning?
(a) Not go trick or treating.
(b) Go to bed early on Halloween.
(c) They had to walk with Ma and Ray.
(d) Get on a bus.
3. Sheffer and Dominick think that Thomas will not get anything more out of another year at ___________.
(a) Twin Peaks.
(c) Morning Glory.
4. What does Ray do in response to the way the boys act in church, which Dominick shares with Patel?
(a) Leaves the house.
(b) Drinks more.
(c) Calls Ma.
(d) Smashes Thomas' present.
5. Guglielmo assigns Papa the task of _________________ in order to receive penance for the sins he's committed in his life.
(a) Building a river.
(b) Fifteen rosaries.
(c) Writing his memoir.
(d) Creating a painting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ray lock in the closet for hours on end as a child, possibly causing him to have troubles in the modern time?
2. What is the Italian omen that Papa finds in his house on January 10, 1925?
3. What does Prosperine do after Papa beats Ignazia for the first time? She threatens to castrate him ________________.
4. Papa is told that he will work alone and that he will have to work twice as hard, so he does and becomes a __________.
5. Papa buys a police dog in order to track _____________ into the woods in order to exact his revenge.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Papa become the first Italian boss in the textile mill where he works, according to his memoir?
2. How did Dominick get Thomas in trouble when they were kids and they were in mass with Ray and Ma?
3. What does Ray ask for when he does not recognize Dominick when he visits him, in this story?
4. What does Papa receive during the blessing of the school, which overwhelms him?
5. Where is Ignazia finally found after she leaves and the dog has been poisoned after her departure?
6. What does Dominick ask Ralph to do for him after he meets with Patel to talk about Thomas?
7. What does Dominick evade when he is talking with Patel at the beginning of this section of the story?
8. What does Papa do since he can not trust Prosperine to not poison him as they are living together?
9. What is the surprise that Dominick finds when he returns home on the eve of Thomas' hearing?
10. What happens to tear out Dominick's stitches during the time that Dominick was supposed to paint the Rood's house?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)