|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Guglielmo want Papa to manage, which is surprising to Papa when he is asked?
(a) A new factory.
(b) A church.
(c) Parochial school.
(d) A new farm.
2. What does Papa admit he thinks that Pasquale was doing with his pet monkey?
(a) Taking it on the road.
(b) Trying to sell it.
(c) Having sex with it.
(d) Fattening it up to eat it.
3. What are Papa's friends trying to talk him into, though he is trying to be firm about his decision?
4. What is the problem that Dominick's hospital roommate continues to have as a result of a bleeding ulcer?
(a) He can't eat.
(b) Intense stomach pain.
5. Also known as WASPs, this group, ______________, flocks to the ballot box and Papa is blamed for the lost election.
(a) Pond Runners.
(b) Death Eaters.
(c) Swamp Yankees.
(d) Large Gunners.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the first birth that Ignazia has with Papa during their marriage?
2. Who does Papa decide that he wants to marry, even though this woman has decided she wants to marry in the American way?
3. What did Thomas and Dominick have to do in order to go to All Saint's Mass in the morning?
4. Who does Papa decide to thank for all of his blessings when the archbishop comes to bless the school?
5. Who is the attendant that has been ignoring Thomas in the rec room when Dominick sees his brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ray offer to help Dominick do when he is showing uncommon concern for him?
2. What is the warning that Ralph gives to Dominick when he phones him up secretly?
3. Who fails to show up when Dominick and Ray are making funeral arrangements, in this story?
4. How did Dominick get Thomas in trouble when they were kids and they were in mass with Ray and Ma?
5. What does Papa find out about Prosperine and Ignazia has he searches the kitchen for poison?
6. What does Sheffer tell Dominick about the possible future of the mental health facility, in this story?
7. What is the second child that Ignazia gives birth to, an obvious baby from another partner?
8. What is the incident which makes Papa finally go to confession after he begins to think about how far he has strayed?
9. What is the thing that Papa beats Ignazia for, according to his memoir, in this story?
10. What does Dominick evade when he is talking with Patel at the beginning of this section of the story?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)