|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Papa decide that he wants to marry, even though this woman has decided she wants to marry in the American way?
2. What did Henry give to Dominick right before he pulls the trigger to end his own life?
(a) Evil eye.
(b) A hex.
(c) The finger.
(d) A curse word.
3. Patel wants to find out more about why Dominick continues to use the word __________ to describe the process of therapy.
4. What does Papa decline again and again, though it is said to be the key to serenity?
5. What color is the hair of the second child to which Ignazia gives birth during her marriage to Papa?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decided to abstain from the vote to move Thomas or to keep him at the center?
2. Papa writes a letter about the passing of Vincenzo to his mother, only to find out she has died of ____________.
3. Sheffer points out that Thomas has also had troubles in ______________ in the past, so that might not be an option.
4. Ray admits that he is the one who is planting the mystery ____________ at the cemetery.
5. The memoir goes into details about how Italian families negotiate a ___________ for their children.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ray offer to help Dominick do when he is showing uncommon concern for him?
2. What is the incident which makes Papa finally go to confession after he begins to think about how far he has strayed?
3. Who is revealed as being Dominick's father when Ray breaks his promise to Ma and tells Dominick?
4. What does Papa do since he can not trust Prosperine to not poison him as they are living together?
5. What does Papa refuse to do when he finds out that Ignazia is pregnant?
6. Why is Vincenzo killed after Papa decides to disown him instead of shaming him?
7. How does Papa become the first Italian boss in the textile mill where he works, according to his memoir?
8. Who fails to show up when Dominick and Ray are making funeral arrangements, in this story?
9. What does Dominick evade when he is talking with Patel at the beginning of this section of the story?
10. What is the surprise that Dominick finds when he returns home on the eve of Thomas' hearing?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)