|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dominick think that he passes when he is driving alone to the painting job?
(b) Nedra Frank.
2. Papa writes a letter about the passing of Vincenzo to his mother, only to find out she has died of ____________.
(c) A broken heart.
3. What makes Papa's heart race when he enters into the harbor of New York for the first time?
(a) Statue of Liberty.
(b) The train station.
(c) The boat's hard entry.
(d) Ellis Island.
4. Papa still feels that the mayor treats him like a dumb ____________ whenever they speak or interact.
5. Why is Ray going to the doctor in the first place? He has some minor _____________ in his legs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is fired from his job at the plant and eventually becomes a greengrocer at Hurok's Market?
2. Where does Papa hope to get Prosperine a job in order to make money for the household?
3. Papa offers to take both Ignazia and Prosperine into his home, though Prosperine will be the ___________.
4. The players at the card game talk about breaking the __________ of women, just in the same way one might do with a horse.
5. What kind of work can Papa not get so he has to take a job as a night janitor at the public library?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to tear out Dominick's stitches during the time that Dominick was supposed to paint the Rood's house?
2. What is the surprise that Dominick finds when he returns home on the eve of Thomas' hearing?
3. What story has Dominick been reading when he comes into Patel's office for a new appointment?
4. How does Papa become the first Italian boss in the textile mill where he works, according to his memoir?
5. Why is Vincenzo killed after Papa decides to disown him instead of shaming him?
6. What does Sheffer tell Dominick about the possible future of the mental health facility, in this story?
7. What does Papa do since he can not trust Prosperine to not poison him as they are living together?
8. What is the incident which makes Papa finally go to confession after he begins to think about how far he has strayed?
9. What does Papa refuse to do when he finds out that Ignazia is pregnant?
10. Where is Ignazia finally found after she leaves and the dog has been poisoned after her departure?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)