|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ignazia move in with downstairs during this part of the story?
2. When Thomas dies, Dominick wonders if he is still a ___________ since his brother is now gone.
(a) Loving brother.
(b) Worthwhile person.
3. What does Dominick call the current Persian Gulf war when it is brought up in conversation?
(a) A pain in his side.
(c) Vietnam II.
(d) The truth.
4. Papa writes a letter about the passing of Vincenzo to his mother, only to find out she has died of ____________.
(a) A broken heart.
5. Who does Ray lock in the closet for hours on end as a child, possibly causing him to have troubles in the modern time?
Short Answer Questions
1. Sheffer points out that Thomas has also had troubles in ______________ in the past, so that might not be an option.
2. Who refuses to say how he will vote when it comes to Thomas' hearing about his release?
3. What did Henry give to Dominick right before he pulls the trigger to end his own life?
4. Who does Papa decide to thank for all of his blessings when the archbishop comes to bless the school?
5. What makes Papa's heart race when he enters into the harbor of New York for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dominick see when he climbs to the third story in order to paint the Roods' house anyway?
2. What does Pasquale do which makes Papa so upset that he begins to weep for Pasquale?
3. What does Papa receive during the blessing of the school, which overwhelms him?
4. Why is Vincenzo killed after Papa decides to disown him instead of shaming him?
5. What is the surprise that Dominick finds when he returns home on the eve of Thomas' hearing?
6. What is the second child that Ignazia gives birth to, an obvious baby from another partner?
7. Who fails to show up when Dominick and Ray are making funeral arrangements, in this story?
8. What does Papa refuse to do when he finds out that Ignazia is pregnant?
9. What does Dominick ask Ralph to do for him after he meets with Patel to talk about Thomas?
10. What does Ray ask for when he does not recognize Dominick when he visits him, in this story?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)