|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Papa decline again and again, though it is said to be the key to serenity?
2. Who does Ray lock in the closet for hours on end as a child, possibly causing him to have troubles in the modern time?
3. What makes Papa's heart race when he enters into the harbor of New York for the first time?
(a) The boat's hard entry.
(b) Ellis Island.
(c) The train station.
(d) Statue of Liberty.
4. The priest reminds Papa of his earliest intentions of becoming a __________, though he never did.
5. Papa writes a letter about the passing of Vincenzo to his mother, only to find out she has died of ____________.
(b) A broken heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Papa still feels that the mayor treats him like a dumb ____________ whenever they speak or interact.
2. Sheffer points out that Thomas has also had troubles in ______________ in the past, so that might not be an option.
3. What does Thomas do whenever anyone tries to ask a question of him during the meeting?
4. What color is the hair of the second child to which Ignazia gives birth during her marriage to Papa?
5. What did Henry give to Dominick right before he pulls the trigger to end his own life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to tear out Dominick's stitches during the time that Dominick was supposed to paint the Rood's house?
2. What is the warning that Ralph gives to Dominick when he phones him up secretly?
3. What does Pasquale do which makes Papa so upset that he begins to weep for Pasquale?
4. What does Ray ask for when he does not recognize Dominick when he visits him, in this story?
5. What is the surprise that Dominick finds when he returns home on the eve of Thomas' hearing?
6. What story has Dominick been reading when he comes into Patel's office for a new appointment?
7. Where is Ignazia finally found after she leaves and the dog has been poisoned after her departure?
8. Who fails to show up when Dominick and Ray are making funeral arrangements, in this story?
9. What does Dominick ask Ralph to do for him after he meets with Patel to talk about Thomas?
10. How did Dominick get Thomas in trouble when they were kids and they were in mass with Ray and Ma?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)