|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the old phobia that Dominick has to face in addition to the shocking image he sees while at the Rood's house?
2. Dominick wonders if his mother ever knew that she had a __________, as the memoir has revealed.
3. Because Papa was able to stop ____________, he is promoted to a nighttime supervisor at Plant 2.
(a) Pay raises.
(b) Rising costs.
(c) A mutiny.
4. What does Thomas do whenever anyone tries to ask a question of him during the meeting?
(b) Quotes a scripture.
(c) Bites someone.
(d) Falls asleep.
5. Who does Dominick think that he passes when he is driving alone to the painting job?
(d) Nedra Frank.
Short Answer Questions
1. Papa orders ____________ to his bed on at least Saturdays and Sundays, hoping for a child.
2. What color is the hair of the second child to which Ignazia gives birth during her marriage to Papa?
3. What does Dominick call the current Persian Gulf war when it is brought up in conversation?
4. Guglielmo assigns Papa the task of _________________ in order to receive penance for the sins he's committed in his life.
5. Papa is told that he will work alone and that he will have to work twice as hard, so he does and becomes a __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the warning that Ralph gives to Dominick when he phones him up secretly?
2. What is the incident which makes Papa finally go to confession after he begins to think about how far he has strayed?
3. How does Papa become the first Italian boss in the textile mill where he works, according to his memoir?
4. What does Papa refuse to do when he finds out that Ignazia is pregnant?
5. What does Ray offer to help Dominick do when he is showing uncommon concern for him?
6. What is the second child that Ignazia gives birth to, an obvious baby from another partner?
7. What does Dominick ask Ralph to do for him after he meets with Patel to talk about Thomas?
8. What does Pasquale do which makes Papa so upset that he begins to weep for Pasquale?
9. What does Papa find out about Prosperine and Ignazia has he searches the kitchen for poison?
10. What does Dominick see when he climbs to the third story in order to paint the Roods' house anyway?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)