|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whenever Dominick sees ______________, thoughts overtake him about what might have been for Angela.
(a) Little girls.
(b) Tree houses.
(c) Swimming pools.
2. Whose abuse is focused on in the therapy tapes which Dominick and Patel listen to?
3. Leo insists that being a ____________ major makes him an expert on homosexuality, though he has never been tempted.
4. ________ is a big talking, sex addict who is stuck in a going-nowhere job but is convinced he will get his break in the movies.
5. Where does Thomas decide to cut off his hand in order to escape being drafted into the military?
(a) In a mental hospital.
(b) At the training center.
(c) On the battlefield.
(d) Three Rivers Public Library.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ralph is actually discriminated against in school because he is ____________, which is part of the reason he speaks up in class too.
2. Thomas has episodes of ________________ in which he obsesses about something and is unable to let it go.
3. What is the terminal disease that Thomas and Dominick's mother eventually dies from?
4. Which of the characters finds it easier to believe that there is no God, which makes life have no sense or meaning?
5. What is the name of Sheffer's seven-year-old daughter, who causes Dominick to remember the loss of his own daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the profession that Leo has when Dominick goes to visit with him during this part of the story?
2. What happens when Dominick takes Thomas to the hospital after his amputation during the beginning of the book?
3. What is Dominick torn between when he is in Ma and Ray's room, with a mind that is being sparked by memories?
4. What does Dominick recall lying about in third grade which he now feels guilty about doing?
5. What does Patel think Dominick needs to do in order to relieve his anger and feel better?
6. What does seeing young dance students trigger in Dominick when he goes to see Patel and Sheffer?
7. What happens when it's found out that Thomas did not get a safe number in the draft for Vietnam war fighting?
8. What does Dominick learn when he goes to visit Sheffer in the office to talk about Thomas, in this story?
9. What happens which makes Dominick feel moved during his conversation and his visit with Leo?
10. Why does Dominick go to visit a clinic after going to see Sheffer to talk about Thomas?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)