|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dominick believes that __________ is a bully, but that he is not inhuman as the tapes seem to make him.
2. Dominick is troubled by the obscure _________ that Thomas has left for him as well.
3. What is the drink which is handed out at the bar in order to celebrate the moon landing?
4. Who suggests to Dominick that they buy a few pounds of marijuana in order to sell it around campus?
5. What religion does Ray convert to in order to seemingly try to get into heaven even while he abuses his stepsons?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the profession of Ralph Drinkwater at the Hatch Center, according to descriptions in the story?
2. What does Dominick get access to when he sits down to talk with another therapist about his brother?
3. Dominick panics as they pass the _________ Building for the Hatch Forensic Institute.
4. Sheffer tries to bond with Dominick, comparing him to the literary figure _______________.
5. Dominick talks about how rude he was to his mother when he was being fitted for ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dominick recall lying about in third grade which he now feels guilty about doing?
2. What is Dominick torn between when he is in Ma and Ray's room, with a mind that is being sparked by memories?
3. What happens when it's found out that Thomas did not get a safe number in the draft for Vietnam war fighting?
4. What happens to the memoir by Papa which Dominick decides he wants to translate for himself?
5. Who tries to assure Dominick that Thomas is fine at the place where he is recovering?
6. Why does Dominick go to visit a clinic after going to see Sheffer to talk about Thomas?
7. What does Dominick learn when he goes to visit Sheffer in the office to talk about Thomas, in this story?
8. What does Ma do when the television explodes, according to Dominick's memory from 1958?
9. What is the profession that Leo has when Dominick goes to visit with him during this part of the story?
10. What does seeing young dance students trigger in Dominick when he goes to see Patel and Sheffer?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)