|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dominick is troubled by the obscure _________ that Thomas has left for him as well.
2. Clarabel was a __________ on the Howdy Doody Show, as referenced in the section describing the time when the boys grew up.
3. In this chapter, the law of the ____________ is discussed along with the psychology of sales.
(d) Business world.
4. Dominick believes that __________ is a bully, but that he is not inhuman as the tapes seem to make him.
5. Who goes to church when he/she is young, even though it seems to be opposite his/her personality and beliefs?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose abuse is focused on in the therapy tapes which Dominick and Patel listen to?
2. When Dominick was a child, someone locked a ____________ in a firebox and it died in terror, which makes Dominick terrified.
3. Thomas believes himself to be ___________ upon whom a new order can be built as the result of the apocalypse.
4. Who does Dominick find out wants to talk to him, per a message left by his girlfriend, Joy?
5. The author spends a lot of time describing the __________ which took place as the children made their way on the field trip.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the news about the case that Dominick learns when he is talking with Patel and listening to Thomas' tapes?
2. What do the two boys think about when their mother takes them to a movie in 1958 and both boys are bored?
3. What does Dominick learn when he goes to visit Sheffer in the office to talk about Thomas, in this story?
4. What does Patel think Dominick needs to do in order to relieve his anger and feel better?
5. To what does Dominick attribute the meanness of Ray towards Thomas when he is arguing with Joy?
6. Why do Ray and Ma fight over sending Dominick and Thomas to college during the time of the Vietnam War?
7. What is the long range goal of Patel when she is working with Thomas, a goal she tells Dominick about?
8. What does Dominick regret about the summer of 1969 when he is talking with Thomas about sex and marijuana?
9. Why does Dominick go to visit a clinic after going to see Sheffer to talk about Thomas?
10. Why does Dell decide to lower the price of the used car that he is trying to sell to Leo, in this story?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)