|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the United States citizens fear most about the Soviet Union during the 1950s?
(a) Nuclear attack.
(d) Better economy.
2. Dominick talks about how rude he was to his mother when he was being fitted for ____________.
(a) His Navy uniform.
(b) New glasses.
(c) His new waiter shirt.
(d) A tux.
3. Dominick is talked out of getting a ___________ as this will only complicate matters, he is told.
(a) Phone call.
(c) Bail bondsman.
4. Who does Dominick lie to about Penny Drinkwater on the day that she disappears and is eventually found murdered?
(a) The principal.
5. Who also grows angry at the teacher that Ralph yells at, though this student does not say anything?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has moved up the evaluation of Thomas, which is why Dominick and Patel have to meet?
2. To what city did the twins go when they were in sixth grade, going to the city as a class for a field trip?
3. Dominick is assured that the practitioner who gives Thomas more medication is a patient _____________ who is looking out for Thomas' best interests.
4. Billy Covington is the man who dies in Vietnam, a man who idolized _____________, though the reader doesn't learn much more.
5. Who does Dominick find out wants to talk to him, per a message left by his girlfriend, Joy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Patel think Dominick needs to do in order to relieve his anger and feel better?
2. What happens to tear out Dominick's stitches during the time that Dominick was supposed to paint the Rood's house?
3. What happens which makes Dominick feel moved during his conversation and his visit with Leo?
4. What is the terrible situation which happens on the field trip the twins take in 1962 to the Statue of Liberty?
5. When does Dominick next see Penny's twin brother after Penny's death, in this story?
6. What is the second child that Ignazia gives birth to, an obvious baby from another partner?
7. Who tries to assure Dominick that Thomas is fine at the place where he is recovering?
8. What does Ray ask for when he does not recognize Dominick when he visits him, in this story?
9. What does Dominick evade when he is talking with Patel at the beginning of this section of the story?
10. Why do Ray and Ma fight over sending Dominick and Thomas to college during the time of the Vietnam War?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)