|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dominick is troubled by the obscure _________ that Thomas has left for him as well.
2. Ma takes the boys to the Back to School Festival of ___________ at the movie theater when they are in third grade.
3. What does Dessa declare is a symptom of Dominick's toxic anger and then decides to leave him?
(a) His swearing.
(b) His lack of work.
(c) His vasectomy.
(d) His stepfather.
4. What is the diagnosis which has been given to Thomas, in which he hears voices and sees hallucinations?
(a) Dissociative Identity Disorder.
(b) Paranoid schizophrenia.
(c) He has no diagnosis.
(d) Bipolar disorder.
5. Where does Thomas decide to cut off his hand in order to escape being drafted into the military?
(a) At the training center.
(b) Three Rivers Public Library.
(c) On the battlefield.
(d) In a mental hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dominick was a child, someone locked a ____________ in a firebox and it died in terror, which makes Dominick terrified.
2. Who does Dominick believe is simply weighing him down in his life, causing him to be stuck?
3. Thomas says that Ray is jealous of _______ special plans for him, according to the therapy tape.
4. ________ demands that society take vengeance on the murderer when Penny is found murdered.
5. Who does Dominick find out wants to talk to him, per a message left by his girlfriend, Joy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Papa receive during the blessing of the school, which overwhelms him?
2. Why do Ray and Ma fight over sending Dominick and Thomas to college during the time of the Vietnam War?
3. What are the guidelines for Dominick being able to visit Thomas when he is at the center?
4. What does Papa do since he can not trust Prosperine to not poison him as they are living together?
5. What does Dominick grow impatient with when he is talking with his brother a day before the amputation?
6. What do the two boys think about when their mother takes them to a movie in 1958 and both boys are bored?
7. What does Dominick learn when he goes to visit Sheffer in the office to talk about Thomas, in this story?
8. To what does Dominick attribute the meanness of Ray towards Thomas when he is arguing with Joy?
9. What is Thomas wondering when he is being transported to Three Rivers for observation in this story?
10. What does Sheffer tell Dominick about the possible future of the mental health facility, in this story?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)