|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suggests to Dominick that they buy a few pounds of marijuana in order to sell it around campus?
2. While Ma does not care for the ____________, the boys do not particularly like Francis the Talking Mule.
(a) Dancing ladies.
(b) Army fights.
(c) Three Stooges.
3. At sometime in the past, Dominick, Leo, and Ralph all did a ___________ together, according to the book.
(b) Bag job.
4. Who is always noting the different venial and mortal sins which causes Dominick to worry about his future?
(d) No one.
5. Who flirts with Thomas when Dessa visits with the Birdseys during a time when Thomas is acting normally?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject that Dominick teaches when he is a teacher as his profession?
2. When Dominick was a child, someone locked a ____________ in a firebox and it died in terror, which makes Dominick terrified.
3. When is the next hearing for Thomas scheduled, according to Sheffer when she comes into the room?
4. What is the profession of Ralph Drinkwater at the Hatch Center, according to descriptions in the story?
5. Ralph is actually discriminated against in school because he is ____________, which is part of the reason he speaks up in class too.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dell decide to lower the price of the used car that he is trying to sell to Leo, in this story?
2. When does Dominick next see Penny's twin brother after Penny's death, in this story?
3. What does Leo suggest to Dominick when he comes to pick him up during this part of the book?
4. What happens when Dominick takes Thomas to the hospital after his amputation during the beginning of the book?
5. What is happening when Dominick goes through the motions of having sex with his girlfriend, Joy?
6. What does Dominick learn when he goes to visit Sheffer in the office to talk about Thomas, in this story?
7. Who tries to assure Dominick that Thomas is fine at the place where he is recovering?
8. What does Ma forbid the boys from telling their stepfather when they are coming back from the movie theater?
9. What does Ma do when the television explodes, according to Dominick's memory from 1958?
10. Why is it hard for Dominick to not take care of his brother and watch out for him in this everyday life?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)