|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the United States citizens fear most about the Soviet Union during the 1950s?
(c) Better economy.
(d) Nuclear attack.
2. Which friend is Dominick trying to please when he joins the gym where he eventually meets Joy?
3. What does Dessa declare is a symptom of Dominick's toxic anger and then decides to leave him?
(a) His lack of work.
(b) His swearing.
(c) His stepfather.
(d) His vasectomy.
4. __________ sees Angela's death as a sign from unseen enemies that this character is going to be assassinated.
5. Ma warns the twins not to gawk or to talk about anyone with ___________, though they seem to be everywhere.
(b) Dark skin.
Short Answer Questions
1. __________ says that Ray beats them up and rapes Ma in front of the twins to teach them about the real world.
2. Sheffer tries to bond with Dominick, comparing him to the literary figure _______________.
3. Who decides to tell women he meets that he is Robert Redford's stand-in during "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid"?
4. At sometime in the past, Dominick, Leo, and Ralph all did a ___________ together, according to the book.
5. Dominick recalls how Ma was waiting for ___________ to rescue them when the crazy man approached them on the bus.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ma do when the television explodes, according to Dominick's memory from 1958?
2. What are the guidelines for Dominick being able to visit Thomas when he is at the center?
3. What happens when Dominick takes Thomas to the hospital after his amputation during the beginning of the book?
4. What is Dominick torn between when he is in Ma and Ray's room, with a mind that is being sparked by memories?
5. Why does Dell decide to lower the price of the used car that he is trying to sell to Leo, in this story?
6. What is Thomas wondering when he is being transported to Three Rivers for observation in this story?
7. Why is it hard for Dominick to not take care of his brother and watch out for him in this everyday life?
8. What does Dominick grow impatient with when he is talking with his brother a day before the amputation?
9. What is the long range goal of Patel when she is working with Thomas, a goal she tells Dominick about?
10. What is happening when Dominick goes through the motions of having sex with his girlfriend, Joy?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)