|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dominick was a child, someone locked a ____________ in a firebox and it died in terror, which makes Dominick terrified.
2. What does Ray decide to purchase in order to be able to see the moon landing in 1969?
(a) A radio.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) Color television.
(d) A black and white television.
3. What is the name of the manager at the movie theater which other people in the room call him?
(a) White sheet.
(b) Screen man.
(c) Bug eyes.
(d) Bulgy Eyes.
4. Dominick is troubled by the obscure _________ that Thomas has left for him as well.
5. Where does Thomas decide to cut off his hand in order to escape being drafted into the military?
(a) At the training center.
(b) On the battlefield.
(c) In a mental hospital.
(d) Three Rivers Public Library.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is holding his own while staying at Hatch for the last ten days, according to Sheffer?
2. Thomas believes himself to be ___________ upon whom a new order can be built as the result of the apocalypse.
3. Dominick remembers being made to walk up and down the stairs as a sort of penance for losing Ray's __________.
4. When Thomas is taken for mental health care, he is told that he will be there for __________ days for observation.
5. What does Dominick throw out the window of Leo's car as they are leaving the police station?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dominick evade when he is talking with Patel at the beginning of this section of the story?
2. Why is Vincenzo killed after Papa decides to disown him instead of shaming him?
3. What does Sheffer tell Dominick about the possible future of the mental health facility, in this story?
4. What do the two boys think about when their mother takes them to a movie in 1958 and both boys are bored?
5. How did Dominick get Thomas in trouble when they were kids and they were in mass with Ray and Ma?
6. What is the second child that Ignazia gives birth to, an obvious baby from another partner?
7. What does Papa refuse to do when he finds out that Ignazia is pregnant?
8. What is the profession that Leo has when Dominick goes to visit with him during this part of the story?
9. Who fails to show up when Dominick and Ray are making funeral arrangements, in this story?
10. What does Ma do when the television explodes, according to Dominick's memory from 1958?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)