|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dominick visit in order to tell them about Thomas, though this person is not awake and Dominick does not wake them?
2. Who decides to sit with Thomas after his scary incident, even though it means this other person can't do anything?
3. Thomas says that Ray is jealous of _______ special plans for him, according to the therapy tape.
4. Thomas has episodes of ________________ in which he obsesses about something and is unable to let it go.
5. Ralph is actually discriminated against in school because he is ____________, which is part of the reason he speaks up in class too.
(a) A slave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the United States citizens fear most about the Soviet Union during the 1950s?
2. Ray is the stepfather who works the third shift at ____________ when the twins are growing up with their Ma.
3. Leo has mentioned _______ as a possible supplier of drugs to Ralph, according to Dominick when he talks with the police.
4. Who says he/she is sorry for Dominick's troubles in his life, as he/she has heard too many stories?
5. __________ sees Angela's death as a sign from unseen enemies that this character is going to be assassinated.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Leo suggest to Dominick when he comes to pick him up during this part of the book?
2. What does Dominick grow impatient with when he is talking with his brother a day before the amputation?
3. What does Ma forbid the boys from telling their stepfather when they are coming back from the movie theater?
4. What does Dominick recall lying about in third grade which he now feels guilty about doing?
5. What does Patel think Dominick needs to do in order to relieve his anger and feel better?
6. What is Thomas wondering when he is being transported to Three Rivers for observation in this story?
7. What is Dominick torn between when he is in Ma and Ray's room, with a mind that is being sparked by memories?
8. Why does Thomas believe that Dominick has been singled out in his life, according to the therapy tape?
9. What happens when Dominick takes Thomas to the hospital after his amputation during the beginning of the book?
10. How does Dominick endanger himself when he is out with Leo during the summer of 1969?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)