|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thomas buys a book on ___________ and makes his girlfriend read the stories to him while he pleasures himself.
2. Ralph takes offense to a teacher's presentation on ____________ in his history class.
(a) Louisiana Purchase.
(c) Civil War.
(d) Manifest Destiny.
3. In this chapter, the law of the ____________ is discussed along with the psychology of sales.
(c) Business world.
4. Who goes to church when he/she is young, even though it seems to be opposite his/her personality and beliefs?
5. What is the terminal disease that Thomas and Dominick's mother eventually dies from?
(c) Heart disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. Leo has mentioned _______ as a possible supplier of drugs to Ralph, according to Dominick when he talks with the police.
2. Thomas has episodes of ________________ in which he obsesses about something and is unable to let it go.
3. Whenever Dominick sees ______________, thoughts overtake him about what might have been for Angela.
4. ___________ had been Dominick's key, learned from Ray on the basketball court, according to Thomas.
5. Leo insists that being a ____________ major makes him an expert on homosexuality, though he has never been tempted.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Thomas not remember which causes him to think that Dominick is mad at him?
2. What does Ma do when the television explodes, according to Dominick's memory from 1958?
3. Why does Dominick go to visit a clinic after going to see Sheffer to talk about Thomas?
4. What does Dominick learn when he goes to visit Sheffer in the office to talk about Thomas, in this story?
5. What does Dominick recall lying about in third grade which he now feels guilty about doing?
6. To what does Dominick attribute the meanness of Ray towards Thomas when he is arguing with Joy?
7. What is Dominick torn between when he is in Ma and Ray's room, with a mind that is being sparked by memories?
8. What happens which makes Dominick feel moved during his conversation and his visit with Leo?
9. What happens to the memoir by Papa which Dominick decides he wants to translate for himself?
10. What does Dominick grow impatient with when he is talking with his brother a day before the amputation?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)