|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Ma does not care for the ____________, the boys do not particularly like Francis the Talking Mule.
(a) Dancing ladies.
(b) Three Stooges.
(c) Army fights.
2. What is the name of the manager at the movie theater which other people in the room call him?
(a) Screen man.
(b) White sheet.
(c) Bug eyes.
(d) Bulgy Eyes.
3. Whose picture is the biggest in Ma and Ray's room, as Dominick notices when he's sitting there?
4. The author spends a lot of time describing the __________ which took place as the children made their way on the field trip.
(b) Bus ride.
(d) Classroom lessons.
5. Dominick is talked out of getting a ___________ as this will only complicate matters, he is told.
(a) Phone call.
(b) Bail bondsman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the medication being used for Thomas which seems to be doing him some good?
2. Dominick remembers how a professor once talked about how religion being the ___________ of the people.
3. Who does Dominick find out wants to talk to him, per a message left by his girlfriend, Joy?
4. Which president is in charge of Operation Desert Shield during the time of the antiwar protest?
5. Thomas says that Ray is jealous of _______ special plans for him, according to the therapy tape.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Dominick takes Thomas to the hospital after his amputation during the beginning of the book?
2. Why does Dominick go to visit a clinic after going to see Sheffer to talk about Thomas?
3. Who tries to assure Dominick that Thomas is fine at the place where he is recovering?
4. What does Thomas not remember which causes him to think that Dominick is mad at him?
5. When does Dominick next see Penny's twin brother after Penny's death, in this story?
6. What is happening when Dominick goes through the motions of having sex with his girlfriend, Joy?
7. What is Dominick torn between when he is in Ma and Ray's room, with a mind that is being sparked by memories?
8. What does Dominick learn when he goes to visit Sheffer in the office to talk about Thomas, in this story?
9. What is the terrible situation which happens on the field trip the twins take in 1962 to the Statue of Liberty?
10. Why does Thomas believe that Dominick has been singled out in his life, according to the therapy tape?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)