|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dominick believes that __________ is a bully, but that he is not inhuman as the tapes seem to make him.
2. The author spends a lot of time describing the __________ which took place as the children made their way on the field trip.
(a) Classroom lessons.
(c) Bus ride.
3. Ma warns the twins not to gawk or to talk about anyone with ___________, though they seem to be everywhere.
(d) Dark skin.
4. What does Dominick say that he doesn't want to be when Patel suggests that they run some tests on the twins' brains?
(a) A patient.
(b) Research excuse.
(c) Lab rat.
5. Who refuses to consider Thomas' antiwar act heroic, which is not surprising, given their relationship?
Short Answer Questions
1. Life is just a cosmic _________, according to Dominick, a chair yanked away from a table when you're ready to sit down.
2. __________ says that Ray beats them up and rapes Ma in front of the twins to teach them about the real world.
3. Thomas believes himself to be ___________ upon whom a new order can be built as the result of the apocalypse.
4. Dominick wishes his father was television's _______________ and daydreams about other fathers who treat their sons well.
5. When Thomas is taken for mental health care, he is told that he will be there for __________ days for observation.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the profession that Leo has when Dominick goes to visit with him during this part of the story?
2. What is the story that Dominick maintains when the police question him and Leo about Dell?
3. What is the news about the case that Dominick learns when he is talking with Patel and listening to Thomas' tapes?
4. Why is it hard for Dominick to not take care of his brother and watch out for him in this everyday life?
5. What happens which makes Dominick feel moved during his conversation and his visit with Leo?
6. What does Ma forbid the boys from telling their stepfather when they are coming back from the movie theater?
7. What do the two boys think about when their mother takes them to a movie in 1958 and both boys are bored?
8. What happens when Dominick takes Thomas to the hospital after his amputation during the beginning of the book?
9. What is happening when Dominick goes through the motions of having sex with his girlfriend, Joy?
10. Why does Dell decide to lower the price of the used car that he is trying to sell to Leo, in this story?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)