|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thomas lectures Dominick on the perils of ____________, though he is cruelly rebuffed by those to whom he speaks.
(d) Prescription drugs.
2. Who knees Dominick in the groin after Dominick continues to yell in defense of his brother?
3. Dell and his wife are arrested for having __________ as Ralph turns them in for this crime.
(a) Killed a child.
(c) Child pornography.
(d) Cocaine messengers.
4. Who is always noting the different venial and mortal sins which causes Dominick to worry about his future?
(d) No one.
5. ___________ had been Dominick's key, learned from Ray on the basketball court, according to Thomas.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is the next hearing for Thomas scheduled, according to Sheffer when she comes into the room?
2. Ray is the stepfather who works the third shift at ____________ when the twins are growing up with their Ma.
3. When Dominick was a child, someone locked a ____________ in a firebox and it died in terror, which makes Dominick terrified.
4. Joy's psychologist says that her __________ behavior is related to her being sexually abused as a young woman.
5. Who is the twin that accidentally locks himself in the bathroom, almost ruining the trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the story that Dominick maintains when the police question him and Leo about Dell?
2. What does Thomas not remember which causes him to think that Dominick is mad at him?
3. What happens to the memoir by Papa which Dominick decides he wants to translate for himself?
4. What is Thomas wondering when he is being transported to Three Rivers for observation in this story?
5. Why does Dominick go to visit a clinic after going to see Sheffer to talk about Thomas?
6. Why is it hard for Dominick to not take care of his brother and watch out for him in this everyday life?
7. What happens when Dominick takes Thomas to the hospital after his amputation during the beginning of the book?
8. What are the therapy techniques which Dominick objects to, as they are causing one person in his life to be at blame?
9. What is the long range goal of Patel when she is working with Thomas, a goal she tells Dominick about?
10. What does Ma forbid the boys from telling their stepfather when they are coming back from the movie theater?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)