|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the characters finds it easier to believe that there is no God, which makes life have no sense or meaning?
2. Who is the twin that accidentally locks himself in the bathroom, almost ruining the trip?
3. Dominick believes that __________ is a bully, but that he is not inhuman as the tapes seem to make him.
4. While Ma does not care for the ____________, the boys do not particularly like Francis the Talking Mule.
(a) Three Stooges.
(b) Dancing ladies.
(d) Army fights.
5. Ralph takes offense to a teacher's presentation on ____________ in his history class.
(a) Civil War.
(b) Manifest Destiny.
(c) Louisiana Purchase.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Thomas decide to cut off his hand in order to escape being drafted into the military?
2. Dominick asks Sheffer to avoid the __________ when they are speaking with each other and demands to have Thomas out earlier.
3. __________ says that Ray beats them up and rapes Ma in front of the twins to teach them about the real world.
4. Who is the person that destroys the typewriter in a fit of rage at Ma during the past?
5. Who does Dominick find out wants to talk to him, per a message left by his girlfriend, Joy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens which makes Dominick feel moved during his conversation and his visit with Leo?
2. What does Ma do when the television explodes, according to Dominick's memory from 1958?
3. What does seeing young dance students trigger in Dominick when he goes to see Patel and Sheffer?
4. What does Patel think Dominick needs to do in order to relieve his anger and feel better?
5. What does Thomas not remember which causes him to think that Dominick is mad at him?
6. What is the terrible situation which happens on the field trip the twins take in 1962 to the Statue of Liberty?
7. What does Ma forbid the boys from telling their stepfather when they are coming back from the movie theater?
8. What is the long range goal of Patel when she is working with Thomas, a goal she tells Dominick about?
9. When does Dominick next see Penny's twin brother after Penny's death, in this story?
10. What is the story that Dominick maintains when the police question him and Leo about Dell?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)