|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thomas says that Ray is jealous of _______ special plans for him, according to the therapy tape.
2. Clarabel was a __________ on the Howdy Doody Show, as referenced in the section describing the time when the boys grew up.
3. Which of Dominick's lovers could be categorized as being shyer than another of Dominick's lovers?
4. What is the diagnosis which has been given to Thomas, in which he hears voices and sees hallucinations?
(a) Paranoid schizophrenia.
(b) He has no diagnosis.
(c) Dissociative Identity Disorder.
(d) Bipolar disorder.
5. What does Dessa declare is a symptom of Dominick's toxic anger and then decides to leave him?
(a) His vasectomy.
(b) His lack of work.
(c) His stepfather.
(d) His swearing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the drink which is handed out at the bar in order to celebrate the moon landing?
2. What does Ray decide to purchase in order to be able to see the moon landing in 1969?
3. Who is described as being patient, attractive, incisive, and helpful as she described various stories to Dominick?
4. Thomas believes himself to be ___________ upon whom a new order can be built as the result of the apocalypse.
5. ________ is a big talking, sex addict who is stuck in a going-nowhere job but is convinced he will get his break in the movies.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the terrible situation which happens on the field trip the twins take in 1962 to the Statue of Liberty?
2. What does Dominick recall lying about in third grade which he now feels guilty about doing?
3. What happens to the memoir by Papa which Dominick decides he wants to translate for himself?
4. What do the two boys think about when their mother takes them to a movie in 1958 and both boys are bored?
5. What does Ma do when the television explodes, according to Dominick's memory from 1958?
6. What does Thomas not remember which causes him to think that Dominick is mad at him?
7. What is Thomas wondering when he is being transported to Three Rivers for observation in this story?
8. Who tries to assure Dominick that Thomas is fine at the place where he is recovering?
9. What happens which makes Dominick feel moved during his conversation and his visit with Leo?
10. Why does Dominick decide to take up house painting instead of teaching anymore?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)