|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dominick believe is simply weighing him down in his life, causing him to be stuck?
2. Whose abuse is focused on in the therapy tapes which Dominick and Patel listen to?
3. Which friend is Dominick trying to please when he joins the gym where he eventually meets Joy?
4. Leo has mentioned _______ as a possible supplier of drugs to Ralph, according to Dominick when he talks with the police.
5. When Dominick is taken to the police station, he is afraid his ___________ career is over and that he will die in Vietnam.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the twin that accidentally locks himself in the bathroom, almost ruining the trip?
2. Who is holding his own while staying at Hatch for the last ten days, according to Sheffer?
3. Dominick believes that __________ is a bully, but that he is not inhuman as the tapes seem to make him.
4. Who is forbidden to have male visitors while her family is away, though she does so anyway?
5. What did the United States citizens fear most about the Soviet Union during the 1950s?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does seeing young dance students trigger in Dominick when he goes to see Patel and Sheffer?
2. What happens which makes Dominick feel moved during his conversation and his visit with Leo?
3. What happens to the memoir by Papa which Dominick decides he wants to translate for himself?
4. What happens when it's found out that Thomas did not get a safe number in the draft for Vietnam war fighting?
5. Why do Ray and Ma fight over sending Dominick and Thomas to college during the time of the Vietnam War?
6. When does Dominick next see Penny's twin brother after Penny's death, in this story?
7. Why does Dominick decide to take up house painting instead of teaching anymore?
8. What are the guidelines for Dominick being able to visit Thomas when he is at the center?
9. What does Dominick regret about the summer of 1969 when he is talking with Thomas about sex and marijuana?
10. What is Dominick torn between when he is in Ma and Ray's room, with a mind that is being sparked by memories?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)