|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose picture is the biggest in Ma and Ray's room, as Dominick notices when he's sitting there?
2. Who goes to church when he/she is young, even though it seems to be opposite his/her personality and beliefs?
3. Ma takes the boys to the Back to School Festival of ___________ at the movie theater when they are in third grade.
4. Who finds the body of Angela first, which helps this character feel better about what happened?
5. What does Dessa declare is a symptom of Dominick's toxic anger and then decides to leave him?
(a) His vasectomy.
(b) His swearing.
(c) His stepfather.
(d) His lack of work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nedra Frank is the ____________ who does not return the memoir when she is hired to translate it.
2. What is the subject that Dominick teaches when he is a teacher as his profession?
3. Life is just a cosmic _________, according to Dominick, a chair yanked away from a table when you're ready to sit down.
4. Joy's psychologist says that her __________ behavior is related to her being sexually abused as a young woman.
5. Who is forbidden to have male visitors while her family is away, though she does so anyway?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the memoir by Papa which Dominick decides he wants to translate for himself?
2. What does Dominick grow impatient with when he is talking with his brother a day before the amputation?
3. What does Leo suggest to Dominick when he comes to pick him up during this part of the book?
4. What are the therapy techniques which Dominick objects to, as they are causing one person in his life to be at blame?
5. Why is it hard for Dominick to not take care of his brother and watch out for him in this everyday life?
6. What is the terrible situation which happens on the field trip the twins take in 1962 to the Statue of Liberty?
7. Why does Dominick go to visit a clinic after going to see Sheffer to talk about Thomas?
8. What does Dominick regret about the summer of 1969 when he is talking with Thomas about sex and marijuana?
9. What are the guidelines for Dominick being able to visit Thomas when he is at the center?
10. What does seeing young dance students trigger in Dominick when he goes to see Patel and Sheffer?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)