|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the terminal disease that Thomas and Dominick's mother eventually dies from?
(a) Heart disease.
2. Ray is the stepfather who works the third shift at ____________ when the twins are growing up with their Ma.
(a) Fourth Mutiny.
(b) Third Boat.
(c) Second Sail.
(d) First Ship.
3. Who was the twin who cried so hard about the flying monkeys in "The Wizard of Oz" according to the story?
4. In a biblical passage, _________ tells the disciples to cut off the body parts which offend in order to avoiding burning in hell.
(c) The devil.
5. Leo insists that being a ____________ major makes him an expert on homosexuality, though he has never been tempted.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dominick is taken to the police station, he is afraid his ___________ career is over and that he will die in Vietnam.
2. Dominick is troubled by the obscure _________ that Thomas has left for him as well.
3. Dominick remembers how a professor once talked about how religion being the ___________ of the people.
4. What is the profession of Ralph Drinkwater at the Hatch Center, according to descriptions in the story?
5. Ma warns the twins not to gawk or to talk about anyone with ___________, though they seem to be everywhere.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dominick learn when he goes to visit Sheffer in the office to talk about Thomas, in this story?
2. Why does Dell decide to lower the price of the used car that he is trying to sell to Leo, in this story?
3. What does Dominick grow impatient with when he is talking with his brother a day before the amputation?
4. What does Dominick regret about the summer of 1969 when he is talking with Thomas about sex and marijuana?
5. What is the terrible situation which happens on the field trip the twins take in 1962 to the Statue of Liberty?
6. What is the profession that Leo has when Dominick goes to visit with him during this part of the story?
7. To what does Dominick attribute the meanness of Ray towards Thomas when he is arguing with Joy?
8. Why does Dominick decide to take up house painting instead of teaching anymore?
9. Why does Dominick go to visit a clinic after going to see Sheffer to talk about Thomas?
10. What does Dominick recall lying about in third grade which he now feels guilty about doing?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)