|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dominick was a child, someone locked a ____________ in a firebox and it died in terror, which makes Dominick terrified.
2. Leo has mentioned _______ as a possible supplier of drugs to Ralph, according to Dominick when he talks with the police.
3. In a biblical passage, _________ tells the disciples to cut off the body parts which offend in order to avoiding burning in hell.
(c) The devil.
4. Thomas lectures Dominick on the perils of ____________, though he is cruelly rebuffed by those to whom he speaks.
(d) Prescription drugs.
5. Who is the person that asks to be on Thomas' visitors list, which makes Dominick happy?
Short Answer Questions
1. ________ demands that society take vengeance on the murderer when Penny is found murdered.
2. To what city did the twins go when they were in sixth grade, going to the city as a class for a field trip?
3. Sheffer tells Dominick that the State Department is looking at his brother's case and trying to play _______________.
4. Who is described as being patient, attractive, incisive, and helpful as she described various stories to Dominick?
5. While Ma does not care for the ____________, the boys do not particularly like Francis the Talking Mule.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Thomas not remember which causes him to think that Dominick is mad at him?
2. What happens to the memoir by Papa which Dominick decides he wants to translate for himself?
3. What does Dominick recall lying about in third grade which he now feels guilty about doing?
4. When does Dominick next see Penny's twin brother after Penny's death, in this story?
5. What does Dominick regret about the summer of 1969 when he is talking with Thomas about sex and marijuana?
6. What does Leo suggest to Dominick when he comes to pick him up during this part of the book?
7. Why does Dominick go to visit a clinic after going to see Sheffer to talk about Thomas?
8. What does Dominick grow impatient with when he is talking with his brother a day before the amputation?
9. What happens when it's found out that Thomas did not get a safe number in the draft for Vietnam war fighting?
10. Why is it hard for Dominick to not take care of his brother and watch out for him in this everyday life?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)