|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Also known as WASPs, this group, ______________, flocks to the ballot box and Papa is blamed for the lost election.
(a) Death Eaters.
(b) Pond Runners.
(c) Swamp Yankees.
(d) Large Gunners.
2. In a dream, Dominick dreams about hanging Thomas, who turns into a forgiving ___________.
3. Dominick notes that it is an interesting coincidence that Papa worked with a ______________ one summer as did the twins.
4. What does Papa admit he thinks that Pasquale was doing with his pet monkey?
(a) Having sex with it.
(b) Trying to sell it.
(c) Fattening it up to eat it.
(d) Taking it on the road.
5. Papa is told that he will work alone and that he will have to work twice as hard, so he does and becomes a __________.
(c) Union organizer.
(d) Security guard.
6. When Thomas dies, Dominick wonders if he is still a ___________ since his brother is now gone.
(a) Worthwhile person.
(c) Loving brother.
7. Who does Ignazia move in with downstairs during this part of the story?
8. Papa still feels that the mayor treats him like a dumb ____________ whenever they speak or interact.
9. Papa will not let the local priest _________ the girl as she was made from sin, according to his belief.
10. What did Thomas and Dominick have to do in order to go to All Saint's Mass in the morning?
(a) Not go trick or treating.
(b) Go to bed early on Halloween.
(c) They had to walk with Ma and Ray.
(d) Get on a bus.
11. When Dominick finally falls asleep after his long drive, he dreams of unbaptized ____________ trapped under the ice.
12. What makes Papa's heart race when he enters into the harbor of New York for the first time?
(a) The boat's hard entry.
(b) Statue of Liberty.
(c) The train station.
(d) Ellis Island.
13. Ray decides to show more care and concern for his '______' when Dominick is laid up in the hospital.
14. Who is irreverent when he enters into New York, which causes him to get backhanded?
15. What is the old phobia that Dominick has to face in addition to the shocking image he sees while at the Rood's house?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decided to abstain from the vote to move Thomas or to keep him at the center?
2. Because Papa was able to stop ____________, he is promoted to a nighttime supervisor at Plant 2.
3. Papa agrees to get the Italian vote for ___________ if they men promise to track down Prosperine.
4. Who always eats candy during the mass after Halloween, according to the way the story is told?
5. Who does Dominick fear will walk out on him if he ends up needing to care for Thomas?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)