|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Papa still feels that the mayor treats him like a dumb ____________ whenever they speak or interact.
2. What does Ignazia refuse to attend, even though these are thrown with Papa in mind?
(b) Charity telethons.
(c) Soccer tournaments.
3. What does Thomas want from the Indian cemetery in order to cleanse his brain?
(b) River water.
4. Where is Vincenzo shot in revenge for his sleeping with another man's wife?
5. What is the Italian omen that Papa finds in his house on January 10, 1925?
(a) Single white rose.
(c) A poppy seed.
(d) Dead dog.
6. What does Dominick do that he is not supposed to do when he is visiting with Thomas?
(a) Talk to him.
(b) Hug him.
(c) Get angry.
(d) Talk about him.
7. When Signora Siragusa dies, _________ is a pallbearer as he feels she was like a mother to him.
8. What are Papa's friends trying to talk him into, though he is trying to be firm about his decision?
9. Who does Papa decide to thank for all of his blessings when the archbishop comes to bless the school?
10. Who is the attendant that has been ignoring Thomas in the rec room when Dominick sees his brother?
11. The priest reminds Papa of his earliest intentions of becoming a __________, though he never did.
12. Papa agrees to get the Italian vote for ___________ if they men promise to track down Prosperine.
13. What does Ray do in response to the way the boys act in church, which Dominick shares with Patel?
(a) Drinks more.
(b) Calls Ma.
(c) Leaves the house.
(d) Smashes Thomas' present.
14. What does Thomas do whenever anyone tries to ask a question of him during the meeting?
(a) Falls asleep.
(b) Bites someone.
(c) Quotes a scripture.
15. Where does Papa hope to get Prosperine a job in order to make money for the household?
(b) The local union.
(c) A seamstress shop.
(d) Medical office.
Short Answer Questions
1. Patel wants to find out more about why Dominick continues to use the word __________ to describe the process of therapy.
2. What does Dominick call the current Persian Gulf war when it is brought up in conversation?
3. Who always eats candy during the mass after Halloween, according to the way the story is told?
4. What did Thomas bruise on Sheffer, according to her appearance when she comes to visit Dominick?
5. Sheffer and Dominick think that Thomas will not get anything more out of another year at ___________.
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)