|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Papa hope to get Prosperine a job in order to make money for the household?
(a) The local union.
(b) A seamstress shop.
(d) Medical office.
2. Papa is told that he will work alone and that he will have to work twice as hard, so he does and becomes a __________.
(b) Security guard.
(c) Union organizer.
3. Who is fired from his job at the plant and eventually becomes a greengrocer at Hurok's Market?
4. What kind of work can Papa not get so he has to take a job as a night janitor at the public library?
5. Dessa reveals that she has started to go to __________ again after volunteering at a children's hospice.
(b) Her family's house.
(d) The library.
6. Prosperine quotes to Papa that, "You'll save a __________ and lose your wife!"
(d) Piece of pride.
7. Papa still feels that the mayor treats him like a dumb ____________ whenever they speak or interact.
8. What does Papa admit he thinks that Pasquale was doing with his pet monkey?
(a) Trying to sell it.
(b) Fattening it up to eat it.
(c) Having sex with it.
(d) Taking it on the road.
9. Sheffer points out that Thomas has also had troubles in ______________ in the past, so that might not be an option.
(b) Normal homes.
(d) Group homes.
10. In a dream, Dominick dreams about hanging Thomas, who turns into a forgiving ___________.
11. What is the Italian omen that Papa finds in his house on January 10, 1925?
(a) A poppy seed.
(b) Single white rose.
(c) Dead dog.
12. Ray admits that he is the one who is planting the mystery ____________ at the cemetery.
13. Ray decides to show more care and concern for his '______' when Dominick is laid up in the hospital.
14. Patel wants to find out more about why Dominick continues to use the word __________ to describe the process of therapy.
15. What color is the hair of the second child to which Ignazia gives birth during her marriage to Papa?
Short Answer Questions
1. Also known as WASPs, this group, ______________, flocks to the ballot box and Papa is blamed for the lost election.
2. The players at the card game talk about breaking the __________ of women, just in the same way one might do with a horse.
3. What happens to the first birth that Ignazia has with Papa during their marriage?
4. What does Dominick do that he is not supposed to do when he is visiting with Thomas?
5. Who refuses to say how he will vote when it comes to Thomas' hearing about his release?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)