|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Signora Siragusa dies, _________ is a pallbearer as he feels she was like a mother to him.
2. What color is the hair of the second child to which Ignazia gives birth during her marriage to Papa?
3. The memoir goes into details about how Italian families negotiate a ___________ for their children.
(d) First communion.
4. What is the problem that Dominick's hospital roommate continues to have as a result of a bleeding ulcer?
(b) He can't eat.
(d) Intense stomach pain.
5. What does Dominick do that he is not supposed to do when he is visiting with Thomas?
(a) Hug him.
(b) Talk to him.
(c) Get angry.
(d) Talk about him.
6. What does Dominick call the current Persian Gulf war when it is brought up in conversation?
(b) Vietnam II.
(c) The truth.
(d) A pain in his side.
7. What does Sheffer bring for Dominick to use in order to meet with Thomas before his hearing?
(a) Safety gear.
(b) A mask.
(c) A name medallion.
(d) Security clearance.
8. What does Prosperine do after Papa beats Ignazia for the first time? She threatens to castrate him ________________.
(a) With her teeth.
(b) With a razor blade.
(c) At knifepoint.
(d) With a hot poker.
9. Dominick is told that he needs to commit to __________ trial sessions before Patel will take him back on as a patient.
10. Who decided to abstain from the vote to move Thomas or to keep him at the center?
11. Papa agrees to get the Italian vote for ___________ if they men promise to track down Prosperine.
12. What kind of work can Papa not get so he has to take a job as a night janitor at the public library?
13. Who does Dominick fear will walk out on him if he ends up needing to care for Thomas?
14. Because Papa was able to stop ____________, he is promoted to a nighttime supervisor at Plant 2.
(a) Pay raises.
(b) Rising costs.
(d) A mutiny.
15. Ray admits that he is the one who is planting the mystery ____________ at the cemetery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Papa admit he thinks that Pasquale was doing with his pet monkey?
2. Papa orders ____________ to his bed on at least Saturdays and Sundays, hoping for a child.
3. Sheffer points out that Thomas has also had troubles in ______________ in the past, so that might not be an option.
4. Patel wants to find out more about why Dominick continues to use the word __________ to describe the process of therapy.
5. In a dream, Dominick dreams about hanging Thomas, who turns into a forgiving ___________.
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)