|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the old phobia that Dominick has to face in addition to the shocking image he sees while at the Rood's house?
2. What makes Papa's heart race when he enters into the harbor of New York for the first time?
(a) The train station.
(b) Statue of Liberty.
(c) The boat's hard entry.
(d) Ellis Island.
3. What are Papa's friends trying to talk him into, though he is trying to be firm about his decision?
4. Sheffer and Dominick think that Thomas will not get anything more out of another year at ___________.
(b) Twin Peaks.
(c) Morning Glory.
5. Papa buys a police dog in order to track _____________ into the woods in order to exact his revenge.
6. What did Henry give to Dominick right before he pulls the trigger to end his own life?
(a) A hex.
(b) Evil eye.
(c) The finger.
(d) A curse word.
7. What does Papa decline again and again, though it is said to be the key to serenity?
8. What does Ignazia refuse to attend, even though these are thrown with Papa in mind?
(a) Soccer tournaments.
(d) Charity telethons.
9. Who decided to abstain from the vote to move Thomas or to keep him at the center?
10. Who does Papa decide that he wants to marry, even though this woman has decided she wants to marry in the American way?
11. What color is the hair of the second child to which Ignazia gives birth during her marriage to Papa?
12. Who does Papa decide to thank for all of his blessings when the archbishop comes to bless the school?
13. Papa orders ____________ to his bed on at least Saturdays and Sundays, hoping for a child.
14. The priest reminds Papa of his earliest intentions of becoming a __________, though he never did.
15. Papa agrees to get the Italian vote for ___________ if they men promise to track down Prosperine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Prosperine do after Papa beats Ignazia for the first time? She threatens to castrate him ________________.
2. When Thomas dies, Dominick wonders if he is still a ___________ since his brother is now gone.
3. What is the name Papa openly calls Prosperine when she is doing her chores in the house?
4. Where is Vincenzo shot in revenge for his sleeping with another man's wife?
5. What does Sheffer bring for Dominick to use in order to meet with Thomas before his hearing?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)