|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a dream, Dominick dreams about hanging Thomas, who turns into a forgiving ___________.
2. Sheffer and Dominick think that Thomas will not get anything more out of another year at ___________.
(a) Twin Peaks.
(b) Morning Glory.
3. Sheffer points out that Thomas has also had troubles in ______________ in the past, so that might not be an option.
(c) Normal homes.
(d) Group homes.
4. Why is Ray going to the doctor in the first place? He has some minor _____________ in his legs.
5. What does Prosperine do after Papa beats Ignazia for the first time? She threatens to castrate him ________________.
(a) With a hot poker.
(b) With her teeth.
(c) At knifepoint.
(d) With a razor blade.
6. What does Thomas do whenever anyone tries to ask a question of him during the meeting?
(a) Falls asleep.
(c) Quotes a scripture.
(d) Bites someone.
7. Who does Papa decide that he wants to marry, even though this woman has decided she wants to marry in the American way?
8. Who is fired from his job at the plant and eventually becomes a greengrocer at Hurok's Market?
9. When Thomas dies, Dominick wonders if he is still a ___________ since his brother is now gone.
(a) Worthwhile person.
(d) Loving brother.
10. Where does Dominick wake up after falling off the ladder at the Rood's house?
(a) Three Rivers.
(b) Rosalina Memorial.
(c) Shanley Memorial.
(d) Shutter Creek.
11. Dominick tells Patel that Dessa has gotten them the __________ that Patel recommends getting to help him.
12. What color is the hair of the second child to which Ignazia gives birth during her marriage to Papa?
13. Because Papa was able to stop ____________, he is promoted to a nighttime supervisor at Plant 2.
(a) A mutiny.
(b) Pay raises.
(d) Rising costs.
14. When Signora Siragusa dies, _________ is a pallbearer as he feels she was like a mother to him.
15. Who decided to abstain from the vote to move Thomas or to keep him at the center?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who always eats candy during the mass after Halloween, according to the way the story is told?
2. What are Papa's friends trying to talk him into, though he is trying to be firm about his decision?
3. What is the old phobia that Dominick has to face in addition to the shocking image he sees while at the Rood's house?
4. Dominick notes that it is an interesting coincidence that Papa worked with a ______________ one summer as did the twins.
5. What kind of work can Papa not get so he has to take a job as a night janitor at the public library?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)