|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What problem is Ray having with his body which is going to require a lot of healing time?
(a) Broken hip.
(b) Lung disease.
2. Papa will not let the local priest _________ the girl as she was made from sin, according to his belief.
3. When Dominick finally falls asleep after his long drive, he dreams of unbaptized ____________ trapped under the ice.
4. When Thomas dies, Dominick wonders if he is still a ___________ since his brother is now gone.
(a) Worthwhile person.
(c) Loving brother.
5. What does Ray do in response to the way the boys act in church, which Dominick shares with Patel?
(a) Calls Ma.
(b) Leaves the house.
(c) Drinks more.
(d) Smashes Thomas' present.
6. What is the Italian omen that Papa finds in his house on January 10, 1925?
(a) Dead dog.
(b) Single white rose.
(c) A poppy seed.
7. Papa buys a police dog in order to track _____________ into the woods in order to exact his revenge.
8. Ray admits that he is the one who is planting the mystery ____________ at the cemetery.
9. Who does Dominick think that he passes when he is driving alone to the painting job?
(b) Nedra Frank.
10. What does Thomas want from the Indian cemetery in order to cleanse his brain?
(a) River water.
11. Who does Dominick fear will walk out on him if he ends up needing to care for Thomas?
12. Ray decides to show more care and concern for his '______' when Dominick is laid up in the hospital.
13. Who is the attendant that has been ignoring Thomas in the rec room when Dominick sees his brother?
14. What does Sheffer bring for Dominick to use in order to meet with Thomas before his hearing?
(a) Safety gear.
(b) A mask.
(c) A name medallion.
(d) Security clearance.
15. What does Guglielmo want Papa to manage, which is surprising to Papa when he is asked?
(a) A church.
(b) A new farm.
(c) Parochial school.
(d) A new factory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dominick call the current Persian Gulf war when it is brought up in conversation?
2. Who does Ignazia move in with downstairs during this part of the story?
3. Papa agrees to get the Italian vote for ___________ if they men promise to track down Prosperine.
4. Because Papa was able to stop ____________, he is promoted to a nighttime supervisor at Plant 2.
5. What color is the hair of the second child to which Ignazia gives birth during her marriage to Papa?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)