|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Thomas dies, Dominick wonders if he is still a ___________ since his brother is now gone.
(c) Worthwhile person.
(d) Loving brother.
2. What does Ray do in response to the way the boys act in church, which Dominick shares with Patel?
(a) Calls Ma.
(b) Smashes Thomas' present.
(c) Leaves the house.
(d) Drinks more.
3. Papa writes a letter about the passing of Vincenzo to his mother, only to find out she has died of ____________.
(b) A broken heart.
4. Who decided to abstain from the vote to move Thomas or to keep him at the center?
5. What does Papa admit he thinks that Pasquale was doing with his pet monkey?
(a) Having sex with it.
(b) Fattening it up to eat it.
(c) Taking it on the road.
(d) Trying to sell it.
6. Papa is told that he will work alone and that he will have to work twice as hard, so he does and becomes a __________.
(b) Security guard.
(d) Union organizer.
7. What is the old phobia that Dominick has to face in addition to the shocking image he sees while at the Rood's house?
8. Who does Dominick think that he passes when he is driving alone to the painting job?
(d) Nedra Frank.
9. The memoir goes into details about how Italian families negotiate a ___________ for their children.
(c) First communion.
10. Who is the attendant that has been ignoring Thomas in the rec room when Dominick sees his brother?
11. What does Ignazia refuse to attend, even though these are thrown with Papa in mind?
(b) Soccer tournaments.
(c) Charity telethons.
12. What does Prosperine do after Papa beats Ignazia for the first time? She threatens to castrate him ________________.
(a) At knifepoint.
(b) With her teeth.
(c) With a hot poker.
(d) With a razor blade.
13. In a dream, Dominick dreams about hanging Thomas, who turns into a forgiving ___________.
14. What kind of work can Papa not get so he has to take a job as a night janitor at the public library?
15. Who is irreverent when he enters into New York, which causes him to get backhanded?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is fired from his job at the plant and eventually becomes a greengrocer at Hurok's Market?
2. Why is Ray going to the doctor in the first place? He has some minor _____________ in his legs.
3. Where does Papa hope to get Prosperine a job in order to make money for the household?
4. Also known as WASPs, this group, ______________, flocks to the ballot box and Papa is blamed for the lost election.
5. What makes Papa's heart race when he enters into the harbor of New York for the first time?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)