|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who always eats candy during the mass after Halloween, according to the way the story is told?
(a) Both twins.
(c) Neither twin.
2. What happens to the first birth that Ignazia has with Papa during their marriage?
(a) Healthy boy.
(b) Stillborn girl.
(c) Stillborn boy.
(d) Healthy girl.
3. Who is fired from his job at the plant and eventually becomes a greengrocer at Hurok's Market?
4. Because Papa was able to stop ____________, he is promoted to a nighttime supervisor at Plant 2.
(a) A mutiny.
(b) Rising costs.
(c) Pay raises.
5. Papa agrees to get the Italian vote for ___________ if they men promise to track down Prosperine.
6. Who refuses to say how he will vote when it comes to Thomas' hearing about his release?
7. What does Papa's daughter tell him to do instead of just using poultices to help himself fight colds?
(a) Take a nap.
(b) Call off work.
(c) Quit his job.
(d) Stop working so hard.
8. Papa does not talk about the two __________ women with whom he lives when he does go into confession.
9. Who does Dominick fear will walk out on him if he ends up needing to care for Thomas?
10. What does Dominick do that he is not supposed to do when he is visiting with Thomas?
(a) Hug him.
(b) Talk to him.
(c) Get angry.
(d) Talk about him.
11. Ray admits that he is the one who is planting the mystery ____________ at the cemetery.
12. Papa buys a police dog in order to track _____________ into the woods in order to exact his revenge.
13. What did Henry give to Dominick right before he pulls the trigger to end his own life?
(a) The finger.
(b) Evil eye.
(c) A hex.
(d) A curse word.
14. When Signora Siragusa dies, _________ is a pallbearer as he feels she was like a mother to him.
15. What does Sheffer bring for Dominick to use in order to meet with Thomas before his hearing?
(a) Safety gear.
(b) Security clearance.
(c) A mask.
(d) A name medallion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Patel wants to find out more about why Dominick continues to use the word __________ to describe the process of therapy.
2. Who does Papa decide to thank for all of his blessings when the archbishop comes to bless the school?
3. What is the problem that Dominick's hospital roommate continues to have as a result of a bleeding ulcer?
4. What does Papa smell which lets him know that someone besides Ignazia is in the house?
5. Dominick wonders if his mother ever knew that she had a __________, as the memoir has revealed.
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)