|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who decided to abstain from the vote to move Thomas or to keep him at the center?
2. What does Dominick call the current Persian Gulf war when it is brought up in conversation?
(a) The truth.
(c) Vietnam II.
(d) A pain in his side.
3. Ray decides to show more care and concern for his '______' when Dominick is laid up in the hospital.
4. Papa still feels that the mayor treats him like a dumb ____________ whenever they speak or interact.
5. Who is irreverent when he enters into New York, which causes him to get backhanded?
6. Ray admits that he is the one who is planting the mystery ____________ at the cemetery.
7. What did Henry give to Dominick right before he pulls the trigger to end his own life?
(a) A hex.
(b) Evil eye.
(c) The finger.
(d) A curse word.
8. Who does Dominick think that he passes when he is driving alone to the painting job?
(d) Nedra Frank.
9. Papa agrees to get the Italian vote for ___________ if they men promise to track down Prosperine.
10. Dessa reveals that she has started to go to __________ again after volunteering at a children's hospice.
(a) Her family's house.
(d) The library.
11. Who is fired from his job at the plant and eventually becomes a greengrocer at Hurok's Market?
12. Because Papa was able to stop ____________, he is promoted to a nighttime supervisor at Plant 2.
(a) Pay raises.
(b) Rising costs.
(c) A mutiny.
13. What does Papa smell which lets him know that someone besides Ignazia is in the house?
(b) Properine's pipe tobacco.
(d) Spoiled milk.
14. What does Guglielmo want Papa to manage, which is surprising to Papa when he is asked?
(a) A church.
(b) Parochial school.
(c) A new farm.
(d) A new factory.
15. Papa is told that he will work alone and that he will have to work twice as hard, so he does and becomes a __________.
(c) Union organizer.
(d) Security guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the first birth that Ignazia has with Papa during their marriage?
2. Who does Papa decide to thank for all of his blessings when the archbishop comes to bless the school?
3. Sheffer and Dominick think that Thomas will not get anything more out of another year at ___________.
4. What is the old phobia that Dominick has to face in addition to the shocking image he sees while at the Rood's house?
5. What does Ray do in response to the way the boys act in church, which Dominick shares with Patel?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)