|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ignazia refuse to attend, even though these are thrown with Papa in mind?
(b) Charity telethons.
(c) Soccer tournaments.
2. Sheffer and Dominick think that Thomas will not get anything more out of another year at ___________.
(a) Morning Glory.
(c) Twin Peaks.
3. Dominick notes that it is an interesting coincidence that Papa worked with a ______________ one summer as did the twins.
4. What did Thomas and Dominick have to do in order to go to All Saint's Mass in the morning?
(a) Go to bed early on Halloween.
(b) Get on a bus.
(c) Not go trick or treating.
(d) They had to walk with Ma and Ray.
5. What is the Italian omen that Papa finds in his house on January 10, 1925?
(a) A poppy seed.
(c) Single white rose.
(d) Dead dog.
6. Who does Dominick think that he passes when he is driving alone to the painting job?
(b) Nedra Frank.
7. Guglielmo assigns Papa the task of _________________ in order to receive penance for the sins he's committed in his life.
(a) Fifteen rosaries.
(b) Writing his memoir.
(c) Building a river.
(d) Creating a painting.
8. Where does Papa hope to get Prosperine a job in order to make money for the household?
(a) Medical office.
(c) A seamstress shop.
(d) The local union.
9. Papa still feels that the mayor treats him like a dumb ____________ whenever they speak or interact.
10. What does Dominick do that he is not supposed to do when he is visiting with Thomas?
(a) Get angry.
(b) Talk to him.
(c) Hug him.
(d) Talk about him.
11. Prosperine quotes to Papa that, "You'll save a __________ and lose your wife!"
(b) Piece of pride.
12. What is the name Papa openly calls Prosperine when she is doing her chores in the house?
13. Who does Dominick fear will walk out on him if he ends up needing to care for Thomas?
14. Who decided to abstain from the vote to move Thomas or to keep him at the center?
15. Ray admits that he is the one who is planting the mystery ____________ at the cemetery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thomas want from the Indian cemetery in order to cleanse his brain?
2. What kind of work can Papa not get so he has to take a job as a night janitor at the public library?
3. Papa buys a police dog in order to track _____________ into the woods in order to exact his revenge.
4. Who is irreverent when he enters into New York, which causes him to get backhanded?
5. Who is the attendant that has been ignoring Thomas in the rec room when Dominick sees his brother?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)