|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ignazia move in with downstairs during this part of the story?
2. Papa offers to take both Ignazia and Prosperine into his home, though Prosperine will be the ___________.
(a) Second wife.
3. Who is the attendant that has been ignoring Thomas in the rec room when Dominick sees his brother?
4. What is the old phobia that Dominick has to face in addition to the shocking image he sees while at the Rood's house?
5. Dessa reveals that she has started to go to __________ again after volunteering at a children's hospice.
(c) The library.
(d) Her family's house.
6. Who does Papa decide that he wants to marry, even though this woman has decided she wants to marry in the American way?
7. What does Sheffer bring for Dominick to use in order to meet with Thomas before his hearing?
(a) A name medallion.
(b) A mask.
(c) Security clearance.
(d) Safety gear.
8. What problem is Ray having with his body which is going to require a lot of healing time?
(a) Broken hip.
(b) Lung disease.
9. Ray decides to show more care and concern for his '______' when Dominick is laid up in the hospital.
10. Papa still feels that the mayor treats him like a dumb ____________ whenever they speak or interact.
11. Who decided to abstain from the vote to move Thomas or to keep him at the center?
12. Where is Vincenzo shot in revenge for his sleeping with another man's wife?
13. Why is Ray going to the doctor in the first place? He has some minor _____________ in his legs.
14. What does Thomas do whenever anyone tries to ask a question of him during the meeting?
(a) Quotes a scripture.
(b) Falls asleep.
(c) Bites someone.
15. Dominick wonders if his mother ever knew that she had a __________, as the memoir has revealed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name Papa openly calls Prosperine when she is doing her chores in the house?
2. What is the Italian omen that Papa finds in his house on January 10, 1925?
3. Who is fired from his job at the plant and eventually becomes a greengrocer at Hurok's Market?
4. Papa is told that he will work alone and that he will have to work twice as hard, so he does and becomes a __________.
5. The memoir goes into details about how Italian families negotiate a ___________ for their children.
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)