|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Papa smell which lets him know that someone besides Ignazia is in the house?
(a) Properine's pipe tobacco.
(d) Spoiled milk.
2. Who decided to abstain from the vote to move Thomas or to keep him at the center?
3. Papa does not talk about the two __________ women with whom he lives when he does go into confession.
4. Dominick is told that he needs to commit to __________ trial sessions before Patel will take him back on as a patient.
5. What makes Papa's heart race when he enters into the harbor of New York for the first time?
(a) Ellis Island.
(b) The train station.
(c) The boat's hard entry.
(d) Statue of Liberty.
6. What is the old phobia that Dominick has to face in addition to the shocking image he sees while at the Rood's house?
7. Who is fired from his job at the plant and eventually becomes a greengrocer at Hurok's Market?
8. Papa offers to take both Ignazia and Prosperine into his home, though Prosperine will be the ___________.
(c) Second wife.
9. Dominick notes that it is an interesting coincidence that Papa worked with a ______________ one summer as did the twins.
10. Patel wants to find out more about why Dominick continues to use the word __________ to describe the process of therapy.
11. Papa buys a police dog in order to track _____________ into the woods in order to exact his revenge.
12. Ray decides to show more care and concern for his '______' when Dominick is laid up in the hospital.
13. Papa will not let the local priest _________ the girl as she was made from sin, according to his belief.
14. Ray admits that he is the one who is planting the mystery ____________ at the cemetery.
15. What did Thomas bruise on Sheffer, according to her appearance when she comes to visit Dominick?
(a) Her neck.
(b) Her ear.
(c) Her mouth.
(d) Her arms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Papa's friends trying to talk him into, though he is trying to be firm about his decision?
2. What kind of work can Papa not get so he has to take a job as a night janitor at the public library?
3. Who does Dominick think that he passes when he is driving alone to the painting job?
4. What is the Italian omen that Papa finds in his house on January 10, 1925?
5. What problem is Ray having with his body which is going to require a lot of healing time?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)