|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Papa's heart race when he enters into the harbor of New York for the first time?
(a) The train station.
(b) Ellis Island.
(c) The boat's hard entry.
(d) Statue of Liberty.
2. Why is Ray going to the doctor in the first place? He has some minor _____________ in his legs.
3. Also known as WASPs, this group, ______________, flocks to the ballot box and Papa is blamed for the lost election.
(a) Death Eaters.
(b) Large Gunners.
(c) Swamp Yankees.
(d) Pond Runners.
4. Who does Dominick fear will walk out on him if he ends up needing to care for Thomas?
5. Papa will not let the local priest _________ the girl as she was made from sin, according to his belief.
6. Who decided to abstain from the vote to move Thomas or to keep him at the center?
7. Who does Ray lock in the closet for hours on end as a child, possibly causing him to have troubles in the modern time?
8. What does Papa decline again and again, though it is said to be the key to serenity?
9. What kind of work can Papa not get so he has to take a job as a night janitor at the public library?
10. Prosperine quotes to Papa that, "You'll save a __________ and lose your wife!"
(d) Piece of pride.
11. Guglielmo assigns Papa the task of _________________ in order to receive penance for the sins he's committed in his life.
(a) Writing his memoir.
(b) Building a river.
(c) Creating a painting.
(d) Fifteen rosaries.
12. Papa agrees to get the Italian vote for ___________ if they men promise to track down Prosperine.
13. When Dominick finally falls asleep after his long drive, he dreams of unbaptized ____________ trapped under the ice.
14. Papa buys a police dog in order to track _____________ into the woods in order to exact his revenge.
15. Papa still feels that the mayor treats him like a dumb ____________ whenever they speak or interact.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Papa hope to get Prosperine a job in order to make money for the household?
2. When Thomas dies, Dominick wonders if he is still a ___________ since his brother is now gone.
3. What is the Italian omen that Papa finds in his house on January 10, 1925?
4. What happens to the first birth that Ignazia has with Papa during their marriage?
5. What did Thomas bruise on Sheffer, according to her appearance when she comes to visit Dominick?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)