|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dominick do that he is not supposed to do when he is visiting with Thomas?
(a) Talk about him.
(b) Talk to him.
(c) Hug him.
(d) Get angry.
2. In a dream, Dominick dreams about hanging Thomas, who turns into a forgiving ___________.
3. When Thomas dies, Dominick wonders if he is still a ___________ since his brother is now gone.
(b) Loving brother.
(c) Worthwhile person.
4. The priest reminds Papa of his earliest intentions of becoming a __________, though he never did.
5. Who does Dominick think that he passes when he is driving alone to the painting job?
(d) Nedra Frank.
6. What does Papa smell which lets him know that someone besides Ignazia is in the house?
(a) Spoiled milk.
(d) Properine's pipe tobacco.
7. What does Dominick call the current Persian Gulf war when it is brought up in conversation?
(b) A pain in his side.
(c) The truth.
(d) Vietnam II.
8. Dominick is told that he needs to commit to __________ trial sessions before Patel will take him back on as a patient.
9. Papa does not talk about the two __________ women with whom he lives when he does go into confession.
10. Prosperine quotes to Papa that, "You'll save a __________ and lose your wife!"
(c) Piece of pride.
11. When Dominick finally falls asleep after his long drive, he dreams of unbaptized ____________ trapped under the ice.
12. Papa will not let the local priest _________ the girl as she was made from sin, according to his belief.
13. Ray decides to show more care and concern for his '______' when Dominick is laid up in the hospital.
14. The memoir goes into details about how Italian families negotiate a ___________ for their children.
(b) First communion.
15. What is the old phobia that Dominick has to face in addition to the shocking image he sees while at the Rood's house?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Italian omen that Papa finds in his house on January 10, 1925?
2. What does Guglielmo want Papa to manage, which is surprising to Papa when he is asked?
3. Who does Papa decide to thank for all of his blessings when the archbishop comes to bless the school?
4. Where is Vincenzo shot in revenge for his sleeping with another man's wife?
5. What does Prosperine do after Papa beats Ignazia for the first time? She threatens to castrate him ________________.
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)