|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Papa buys a police dog in order to track _____________ into the woods in order to exact his revenge.
2. Dominick notes that it is an interesting coincidence that Papa worked with a ______________ one summer as did the twins.
3. Papa writes a letter about the passing of Vincenzo to his mother, only to find out she has died of ____________.
(c) A broken heart.
4. Also known as WASPs, this group, ______________, flocks to the ballot box and Papa is blamed for the lost election.
(a) Swamp Yankees.
(b) Death Eaters.
(c) Pond Runners.
(d) Large Gunners.
5. When Thomas dies, Dominick wonders if he is still a ___________ since his brother is now gone.
(b) Loving brother.
(c) Worthwhile person.
6. Patel wants to find out more about why Dominick continues to use the word __________ to describe the process of therapy.
7. Papa agrees to get the Italian vote for ___________ if they men promise to track down Prosperine.
8. Who refuses to say how he will vote when it comes to Thomas' hearing about his release?
9. Who does Ignazia move in with downstairs during this part of the story?
10. Because Papa was able to stop ____________, he is promoted to a nighttime supervisor at Plant 2.
(a) Pay raises.
(b) A mutiny.
(c) Rising costs.
11. Who is fired from his job at the plant and eventually becomes a greengrocer at Hurok's Market?
12. Sheffer and Dominick think that Thomas will not get anything more out of another year at ___________.
(b) Twin Peaks.
(d) Morning Glory.
13. Papa is told that he will work alone and that he will have to work twice as hard, so he does and becomes a __________.
(a) Security guard.
(d) Union organizer.
14. What makes Papa's heart race when he enters into the harbor of New York for the first time?
(a) Statue of Liberty.
(b) The boat's hard entry.
(c) The train station.
(d) Ellis Island.
15. Who decided to abstain from the vote to move Thomas or to keep him at the center?
Short Answer Questions
1. Papa still feels that the mayor treats him like a dumb ____________ whenever they speak or interact.
2. Who does Dominick think that he passes when he is driving alone to the painting job?
3. The memoir goes into details about how Italian families negotiate a ___________ for their children.
4. What did Henry give to Dominick right before he pulls the trigger to end his own life?
5. Prosperine quotes to Papa that, "You'll save a __________ and lose your wife!"
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)