|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Signora Siragusa dies, _________ is a pallbearer as he feels she was like a mother to him.
2. What color is the hair of the second child to which Ignazia gives birth during her marriage to Papa?
3. What kind of work can Papa not get so he has to take a job as a night janitor at the public library?
4. What happens to the first birth that Ignazia has with Papa during their marriage?
(a) Healthy girl.
(b) Stillborn girl.
(c) Healthy boy.
(d) Stillborn boy.
5. What is the Italian omen that Papa finds in his house on January 10, 1925?
(a) Single white rose.
(c) A poppy seed.
(d) Dead dog.
6. Where does Dominick wake up after falling off the ladder at the Rood's house?
(a) Three Rivers.
(b) Shutter Creek.
(c) Rosalina Memorial.
(d) Shanley Memorial.
7. The players at the card game talk about breaking the __________ of women, just in the same way one might do with a horse.
8. Papa orders ____________ to his bed on at least Saturdays and Sundays, hoping for a child.
9. Sheffer and Dominick think that Thomas will not get anything more out of another year at ___________.
(b) Morning Glory.
(d) Twin Peaks.
10. What are Papa's friends trying to talk him into, though he is trying to be firm about his decision?
11. Who does Dominick think that he passes when he is driving alone to the painting job?
(c) Nedra Frank.
12. Who always eats candy during the mass after Halloween, according to the way the story is told?
(a) Both twins.
(b) Neither twin.
13. What does Guglielmo want Papa to manage, which is surprising to Papa when he is asked?
(a) A new farm.
(b) A church.
(c) A new factory.
(d) Parochial school.
14. Why is Ray going to the doctor in the first place? He has some minor _____________ in his legs.
15. In a dream, Dominick dreams about hanging Thomas, who turns into a forgiving ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Papa hope to get Prosperine a job in order to make money for the household?
2. Dessa reveals that she has started to go to __________ again after volunteering at a children's hospice.
3. What does Papa decline again and again, though it is said to be the key to serenity?
4. What does Ray do in response to the way the boys act in church, which Dominick shares with Patel?
5. What does Papa admit he thinks that Pasquale was doing with his pet monkey?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)