|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ray admits that he is the one who is planting the mystery ____________ at the cemetery.
2. Who is fired from his job at the plant and eventually becomes a greengrocer at Hurok's Market?
3. When Signora Siragusa dies, _________ is a pallbearer as he feels she was like a mother to him.
4. What does Ray do in response to the way the boys act in church, which Dominick shares with Patel?
(a) Calls Ma.
(b) Leaves the house.
(c) Smashes Thomas' present.
(d) Drinks more.
5. When Dominick finally falls asleep after his long drive, he dreams of unbaptized ____________ trapped under the ice.
6. Because Papa was able to stop ____________, he is promoted to a nighttime supervisor at Plant 2.
(a) Rising costs.
(b) A mutiny.
(c) Pay raises.
7. What does Sheffer bring for Dominick to use in order to meet with Thomas before his hearing?
(a) Safety gear.
(b) A name medallion.
(c) Security clearance.
(d) A mask.
8. What does Dominick call the current Persian Gulf war when it is brought up in conversation?
(a) Vietnam II.
(b) The truth.
(d) A pain in his side.
9. Papa still feels that the mayor treats him like a dumb ____________ whenever they speak or interact.
10. Dominick tells Patel that Dessa has gotten them the __________ that Patel recommends getting to help him.
11. What does Papa's daughter tell him to do instead of just using poultices to help himself fight colds?
(a) Take a nap.
(b) Call off work.
(c) Quit his job.
(d) Stop working so hard.
12. What are Papa's friends trying to talk him into, though he is trying to be firm about his decision?
13. Who does Papa decide to thank for all of his blessings when the archbishop comes to bless the school?
14. What does Papa admit he thinks that Pasquale was doing with his pet monkey?
(a) Taking it on the road.
(b) Having sex with it.
(c) Fattening it up to eat it.
(d) Trying to sell it.
15. Sheffer points out that Thomas has also had troubles in ______________ in the past, so that might not be an option.
(a) Normal homes.
(d) Group homes.
Short Answer Questions
1. The players at the card game talk about breaking the __________ of women, just in the same way one might do with a horse.
2. Papa will not let the local priest _________ the girl as she was made from sin, according to his belief.
3. Papa is told that he will work alone and that he will have to work twice as hard, so he does and becomes a __________.
4. Who does Papa decide that he wants to marry, even though this woman has decided she wants to marry in the American way?
5. Where is Vincenzo shot in revenge for his sleeping with another man's wife?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)