|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Guglielmo want Papa to manage, which is surprising to Papa when he is asked?
(a) A church.
(b) Parochial school.
(c) A new farm.
(d) A new factory.
2. Where does Papa hope to get Prosperine a job in order to make money for the household?
(a) The local union.
(b) A seamstress shop.
(c) Medical office.
3. The priest reminds Papa of his earliest intentions of becoming a __________, though he never did.
4. Dominick wonders if his mother ever knew that she had a __________, as the memoir has revealed.
5. Papa does not talk about the two __________ women with whom he lives when he does go into confession.
6. What is the name Papa openly calls Prosperine when she is doing her chores in the house?
7. What happens to the first birth that Ignazia has with Papa during their marriage?
(a) Stillborn boy.
(b) Healthy boy.
(c) Healthy girl.
(d) Stillborn girl.
8. What does Papa smell which lets him know that someone besides Ignazia is in the house?
(c) Spoiled milk.
(d) Properine's pipe tobacco.
9. Who does Dominick think that he passes when he is driving alone to the painting job?
(d) Nedra Frank.
10. What does Dominick call the current Persian Gulf war when it is brought up in conversation?
(a) A pain in his side.
(b) Vietnam II.
(d) The truth.
11. What does Papa decline again and again, though it is said to be the key to serenity?
12. What did Thomas bruise on Sheffer, according to her appearance when she comes to visit Dominick?
(a) Her neck.
(b) Her arms.
(c) Her ear.
(d) Her mouth.
13. Sheffer and Dominick think that Thomas will not get anything more out of another year at ___________.
(c) Morning Glory.
(d) Twin Peaks.
14. What does Ray do in response to the way the boys act in church, which Dominick shares with Patel?
(a) Drinks more.
(b) Leaves the house.
(c) Smashes Thomas' present.
(d) Calls Ma.
15. Because Papa was able to stop ____________, he is promoted to a nighttime supervisor at Plant 2.
(a) A mutiny.
(c) Pay raises.
(d) Rising costs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Papa buys a police dog in order to track _____________ into the woods in order to exact his revenge.
2. Ray admits that he is the one who is planting the mystery ____________ at the cemetery.
3. When Thomas dies, Dominick wonders if he is still a ___________ since his brother is now gone.
4. Dominick tells Patel that Dessa has gotten them the __________ that Patel recommends getting to help him.
5. Who does Ray lock in the closet for hours on end as a child, possibly causing him to have troubles in the modern time?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)