|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Guglielmo want Papa to manage, which is surprising to Papa when he is asked?
(a) A new factory.
(b) A church.
(c) A new farm.
(d) Parochial school.
2. Sheffer points out that Thomas has also had troubles in ______________ in the past, so that might not be an option.
(a) Normal homes.
(d) Group homes.
3. Who does Papa decide to thank for all of his blessings when the archbishop comes to bless the school?
4. Prosperine quotes to Papa that, "You'll save a __________ and lose your wife!"
(b) Piece of pride.
5. What does Ray do in response to the way the boys act in church, which Dominick shares with Patel?
(a) Leaves the house.
(b) Calls Ma.
(c) Smashes Thomas' present.
(d) Drinks more.
6. What does Dominick call the current Persian Gulf war when it is brought up in conversation?
(a) A pain in his side.
(b) The truth.
(c) Vietnam II.
7. What is the old phobia that Dominick has to face in addition to the shocking image he sees while at the Rood's house?
8. Ray admits that he is the one who is planting the mystery ____________ at the cemetery.
9. Where does Papa hope to get Prosperine a job in order to make money for the household?
(a) The local union.
(b) Medical office.
(c) A seamstress shop.
10. What does Papa's daughter tell him to do instead of just using poultices to help himself fight colds?
(a) Take a nap.
(b) Stop working so hard.
(c) Quit his job.
(d) Call off work.
11. Who does Dominick think that he passes when he is driving alone to the painting job?
(c) Nedra Frank.
12. The priest reminds Papa of his earliest intentions of becoming a __________, though he never did.
13. The players at the card game talk about breaking the __________ of women, just in the same way one might do with a horse.
14. When Thomas dies, Dominick wonders if he is still a ___________ since his brother is now gone.
(a) Worthwhile person.
(c) Loving brother.
15. What did Thomas bruise on Sheffer, according to her appearance when she comes to visit Dominick?
(a) Her arms.
(b) Her mouth.
(c) Her neck.
(d) Her ear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Papa admit he thinks that Pasquale was doing with his pet monkey?
2. Who is irreverent when he enters into New York, which causes him to get backhanded?
3. Papa is told that he will work alone and that he will have to work twice as hard, so he does and becomes a __________.
4. When Dominick finally falls asleep after his long drive, he dreams of unbaptized ____________ trapped under the ice.
5. Why is Ray going to the doctor in the first place? He has some minor _____________ in his legs.
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)