|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Papa's daughter tell him to do instead of just using poultices to help himself fight colds?
(a) Stop working so hard.
(b) Call off work.
(c) Take a nap.
(d) Quit his job.
2. Dominick notes that it is an interesting coincidence that Papa worked with a ______________ one summer as did the twins.
3. What does Sheffer bring for Dominick to use in order to meet with Thomas before his hearing?
(a) A mask.
(b) Safety gear.
(c) A name medallion.
(d) Security clearance.
4. What is the problem that Dominick's hospital roommate continues to have as a result of a bleeding ulcer?
(a) He can't eat.
(b) Intense stomach pain.
5. Where does Dominick wake up after falling off the ladder at the Rood's house?
(a) Shanley Memorial.
(b) Three Rivers.
(c) Rosalina Memorial.
(d) Shutter Creek.
6. The priest reminds Papa of his earliest intentions of becoming a __________, though he never did.
7. Sheffer points out that Thomas has also had troubles in ______________ in the past, so that might not be an option.
(a) Group homes.
(b) Normal homes.
8. Who is irreverent when he enters into New York, which causes him to get backhanded?
9. What did Henry give to Dominick right before he pulls the trigger to end his own life?
(a) Evil eye.
(b) The finger.
(c) A curse word.
(d) A hex.
10. Where is Vincenzo shot in revenge for his sleeping with another man's wife?
11. What is the old phobia that Dominick has to face in addition to the shocking image he sees while at the Rood's house?
12. What color is the hair of the second child to which Ignazia gives birth during her marriage to Papa?
13. Also known as WASPs, this group, ______________, flocks to the ballot box and Papa is blamed for the lost election.
(a) Swamp Yankees.
(b) Death Eaters.
(c) Large Gunners.
(d) Pond Runners.
14. Who is the attendant that has been ignoring Thomas in the rec room when Dominick sees his brother?
15. Dominick tells Patel that Dessa has gotten them the __________ that Patel recommends getting to help him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who refuses to say how he will vote when it comes to Thomas' hearing about his release?
2. Who does Ray lock in the closet for hours on end as a child, possibly causing him to have troubles in the modern time?
3. What does Dominick do that he is not supposed to do when he is visiting with Thomas?
4. What are Papa's friends trying to talk him into, though he is trying to be firm about his decision?
5. Dessa reveals that she has started to go to __________ again after volunteering at a children's hospice.
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)