|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Also known as WASPs, this group, ______________, flocks to the ballot box and Papa is blamed for the lost election.
(a) Large Gunners.
(b) Death Eaters.
(c) Swamp Yankees.
(d) Pond Runners.
2. What did Thomas bruise on Sheffer, according to her appearance when she comes to visit Dominick?
(a) Her mouth.
(b) Her arms.
(c) Her ear.
(d) Her neck.
3. What does Papa decline again and again, though it is said to be the key to serenity?
4. Patel wants to find out more about why Dominick continues to use the word __________ to describe the process of therapy.
5. What does Papa's daughter tell him to do instead of just using poultices to help himself fight colds?
(a) Stop working so hard.
(b) Take a nap.
(c) Call off work.
(d) Quit his job.
6. The memoir goes into details about how Italian families negotiate a ___________ for their children.
(d) First communion.
7. What does Papa admit he thinks that Pasquale was doing with his pet monkey?
(a) Taking it on the road.
(b) Trying to sell it.
(c) Having sex with it.
(d) Fattening it up to eat it.
8. Dominick tells Patel that Dessa has gotten them the __________ that Patel recommends getting to help him.
9. Who decided to abstain from the vote to move Thomas or to keep him at the center?
10. What are Papa's friends trying to talk him into, though he is trying to be firm about his decision?
11. Who does Papa decide to thank for all of his blessings when the archbishop comes to bless the school?
12. Where does Papa hope to get Prosperine a job in order to make money for the household?
(a) Medical office.
(b) The local union.
(c) A seamstress shop.
13. Where is Vincenzo shot in revenge for his sleeping with another man's wife?
14. Sheffer points out that Thomas has also had troubles in ______________ in the past, so that might not be an option.
(a) Normal homes.
(b) Group homes.
15. What happens to the first birth that Ignazia has with Papa during their marriage?
(a) Stillborn girl.
(b) Healthy boy.
(c) Healthy girl.
(d) Stillborn boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Guglielmo want Papa to manage, which is surprising to Papa when he is asked?
2. Where does Dominick wake up after falling off the ladder at the Rood's house?
3. What did Thomas and Dominick have to do in order to go to All Saint's Mass in the morning?
4. Prosperine quotes to Papa that, "You'll save a __________ and lose your wife!"
5. Who refuses to say how he will vote when it comes to Thomas' hearing about his release?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)