|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Papa decide that he wants to marry, even though this woman has decided she wants to marry in the American way?
2. Also known as WASPs, this group, ______________, flocks to the ballot box and Papa is blamed for the lost election.
(a) Large Gunners.
(b) Pond Runners.
(c) Swamp Yankees.
(d) Death Eaters.
3. Patel wants to find out more about why Dominick continues to use the word __________ to describe the process of therapy.
4. Ray admits that he is the one who is planting the mystery ____________ at the cemetery.
5. What does Thomas do whenever anyone tries to ask a question of him during the meeting?
(a) Quotes a scripture.
(b) Bites someone.
(c) Falls asleep.
6. The memoir goes into details about how Italian families negotiate a ___________ for their children.
(a) First communion.
7. When Dominick finally falls asleep after his long drive, he dreams of unbaptized ____________ trapped under the ice.
8. What color is the hair of the second child to which Ignazia gives birth during her marriage to Papa?
9. Sheffer and Dominick think that Thomas will not get anything more out of another year at ___________.
(b) Twin Peaks.
(c) Morning Glory.
10. What does Dominick call the current Persian Gulf war when it is brought up in conversation?
(a) A pain in his side.
(b) Vietnam II.
(c) The truth.
11. What did Thomas bruise on Sheffer, according to her appearance when she comes to visit Dominick?
(a) Her ear.
(b) Her neck.
(c) Her arms.
(d) Her mouth.
12. Papa writes a letter about the passing of Vincenzo to his mother, only to find out she has died of ____________.
(c) A broken heart.
13. Dominick tells Patel that Dessa has gotten them the __________ that Patel recommends getting to help him.
14. What does Ray do in response to the way the boys act in church, which Dominick shares with Patel?
(a) Drinks more.
(b) Leaves the house.
(c) Smashes Thomas' present.
(d) Calls Ma.
15. When Thomas dies, Dominick wonders if he is still a ___________ since his brother is now gone.
(c) Loving brother.
(d) Worthwhile person.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decided to abstain from the vote to move Thomas or to keep him at the center?
2. Who is fired from his job at the plant and eventually becomes a greengrocer at Hurok's Market?
3. Dessa reveals that she has started to go to __________ again after volunteering at a children's hospice.
4. What does Dominick do that he is not supposed to do when he is visiting with Thomas?
5. Why is Ray going to the doctor in the first place? He has some minor _____________ in his legs.
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)