|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ray going to the doctor in the first place? He has some minor _____________ in his legs.
2. Papa will not let the local priest _________ the girl as she was made from sin, according to his belief.
3. What does Ignazia refuse to attend, even though these are thrown with Papa in mind?
(c) Soccer tournaments.
(d) Charity telethons.
4. What does Papa's daughter tell him to do instead of just using poultices to help himself fight colds?
(a) Take a nap.
(b) Quit his job.
(c) Stop working so hard.
(d) Call off work.
5. What does Thomas want from the Indian cemetery in order to cleanse his brain?
(c) River water.
6. Who is fired from his job at the plant and eventually becomes a greengrocer at Hurok's Market?
7. Also known as WASPs, this group, ______________, flocks to the ballot box and Papa is blamed for the lost election.
(a) Death Eaters.
(b) Large Gunners.
(c) Pond Runners.
(d) Swamp Yankees.
8. When Signora Siragusa dies, _________ is a pallbearer as he feels she was like a mother to him.
9. What is the old phobia that Dominick has to face in addition to the shocking image he sees while at the Rood's house?
10. Dominick notes that it is an interesting coincidence that Papa worked with a ______________ one summer as did the twins.
11. The memoir goes into details about how Italian families negotiate a ___________ for their children.
(b) First communion.
12. Papa buys a police dog in order to track _____________ into the woods in order to exact his revenge.
13. Who refuses to say how he will vote when it comes to Thomas' hearing about his release?
14. Dessa reveals that she has started to go to __________ again after volunteering at a children's hospice.
(b) Her family's house.
(d) The library.
15. Where does Dominick wake up after falling off the ladder at the Rood's house?
(a) Shanley Memorial.
(b) Rosalina Memorial.
(c) Shutter Creek.
(d) Three Rivers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decided to abstain from the vote to move Thomas or to keep him at the center?
2. What does Dominick call the current Persian Gulf war when it is brought up in conversation?
3. What does Papa admit he thinks that Pasquale was doing with his pet monkey?
4. What does Guglielmo want Papa to manage, which is surprising to Papa when he is asked?
5. What did Thomas and Dominick have to do in order to go to All Saint's Mass in the morning?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)