|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Papa still feels that the mayor treats him like a dumb ____________ whenever they speak or interact.
2. Where does Dominick wake up after falling off the ladder at the Rood's house?
(a) Rosalina Memorial.
(b) Three Rivers.
(c) Shutter Creek.
(d) Shanley Memorial.
3. The players at the card game talk about breaking the __________ of women, just in the same way one might do with a horse.
4. Papa writes a letter about the passing of Vincenzo to his mother, only to find out she has died of ____________.
(b) A broken heart.
5. Papa orders ____________ to his bed on at least Saturdays and Sundays, hoping for a child.
6. What does Guglielmo want Papa to manage, which is surprising to Papa when he is asked?
(a) A new farm.
(b) A church.
(c) A new factory.
(d) Parochial school.
7. Sheffer points out that Thomas has also had troubles in ______________ in the past, so that might not be an option.
(c) Group homes.
(d) Normal homes.
8. Dominick tells Patel that Dessa has gotten them the __________ that Patel recommends getting to help him.
9. What did Thomas and Dominick have to do in order to go to All Saint's Mass in the morning?
(a) Not go trick or treating.
(b) Go to bed early on Halloween.
(c) They had to walk with Ma and Ray.
(d) Get on a bus.
10. What is the Italian omen that Papa finds in his house on January 10, 1925?
(a) Dead dog.
(b) A poppy seed.
(c) Single white rose.
11. Patel wants to find out more about why Dominick continues to use the word __________ to describe the process of therapy.
12. Also known as WASPs, this group, ______________, flocks to the ballot box and Papa is blamed for the lost election.
(a) Swamp Yankees.
(b) Pond Runners.
(c) Large Gunners.
(d) Death Eaters.
13. What does Papa decline again and again, though it is said to be the key to serenity?
14. What is the problem that Dominick's hospital roommate continues to have as a result of a bleeding ulcer?
(a) He can't eat.
(c) Intense stomach pain.
15. Papa buys a police dog in order to track _____________ into the woods in order to exact his revenge.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dominick finally falls asleep after his long drive, he dreams of unbaptized ____________ trapped under the ice.
2. The priest reminds Papa of his earliest intentions of becoming a __________, though he never did.
3. Papa will not let the local priest _________ the girl as she was made from sin, according to his belief.
4. What does Sheffer bring for Dominick to use in order to meet with Thomas before his hearing?
5. In a dream, Dominick dreams about hanging Thomas, who turns into a forgiving ___________.
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)