|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who flirts with Thomas when Dessa visits with the Birdseys during a time when Thomas is acting normally?
2. Who says he/she is sorry for Dominick's troubles in his life, as he/she has heard too many stories?
3. When Dominick was a child, someone locked a ____________ in a firebox and it died in terror, which makes Dominick terrified.
4. Lisa Sheffer, a ____________, calls Dominick to see how he's doing after the rough night he's had, leaving him a message on his phone.
(d) Social worker.
5. Whose picture is the biggest in Ma and Ray's room, as Dominick notices when he's sitting there?
6. What does Dessa declare is a symptom of Dominick's toxic anger and then decides to leave him?
(a) His swearing.
(b) His vasectomy.
(c) His stepfather.
(d) His lack of work.
7. To what city did the twins go when they were in sixth grade, going to the city as a class for a field trip?
(b) New York.
8. What is the diagnosis which has been given to Thomas, in which he hears voices and sees hallucinations?
(a) Dissociative Identity Disorder.
(b) Bipolar disorder.
(c) Paranoid schizophrenia.
(d) He has no diagnosis.
9. Thomas, as a child, wanted to save up his money in order to buy Ma a ___________, but Dominick beat him to it.
(b) Music box.
10. Whenever Dominick sees ______________, thoughts overtake him about what might have been for Angela.
(a) Little girls.
(c) Tree houses.
(d) Swimming pools.
11. When Dominick is taken to the police station, he is afraid his ___________ career is over and that he will die in Vietnam.
12. Who is always noting the different venial and mortal sins which causes Dominick to worry about his future?
(c) No one.
13. What does Dominick throw out the window of Leo's car as they are leaving the police station?
(b) Eight track tapes.
14. Joy's psychologist says that her __________ behavior is related to her being sexually abused as a young woman.
(a) Penny pinching.
(b) Sexually frigid.
(c) Financially reckless.
15. Life is just a cosmic _________, according to Dominick, a chair yanked away from a table when you're ready to sit down.
(a) Whoopee cushion.
(c) Pillow fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the person that asks to be on Thomas' visitors list, which makes Dominick happy?
2. Dr. Judy Yup is willing to testify that ___________ is oppression when she sees the extent of Dominick's injuries.
3. Billy Covington is the man who dies in Vietnam, a man who idolized _____________, though the reader doesn't learn much more.
4. At sometime in the past, Dominick, Leo, and Ralph all did a ___________ together, according to the book.
5. Dominick remembers being made to walk up and down the stairs as a sort of penance for losing Ray's __________.
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)