|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the person that destroys the typewriter in a fit of rage at Ma during the past?
2. Who flirts with Thomas when Dessa visits with the Birdseys during a time when Thomas is acting normally?
3. Who goes to church when he/she is young, even though it seems to be opposite his/her personality and beliefs?
4. Dell and his wife are arrested for having __________ as Ralph turns them in for this crime.
(a) Child pornography.
(b) Killed a child.
(c) Cocaine messengers.
5. Ray is the stepfather who works the third shift at ____________ when the twins are growing up with their Ma.
(a) Fourth Mutiny.
(b) Second Sail.
(c) First Ship.
(d) Third Boat.
6. Who also grows angry at the teacher that Ralph yells at, though this student does not say anything?
7. Ma warns the twins not to gawk or to talk about anyone with ___________, though they seem to be everywhere.
(b) Dark skin.
8. Dominick is talked out of getting a ___________ as this will only complicate matters, he is told.
(b) Phone call.
(c) Bail bondsman.
9. Ma takes the boys to the Back to School Festival of ___________ at the movie theater when they are in third grade.
10. To what city did the twins go when they were in sixth grade, going to the city as a class for a field trip?
(b) New York.
11. Which friend is Dominick trying to please when he joins the gym where he eventually meets Joy?
12. Who refuses to consider Thomas' antiwar act heroic, which is not surprising, given their relationship?
13. Ralph takes offense to a teacher's presentation on ____________ in his history class.
(a) Manifest Destiny.
(c) Civil War.
(d) Louisiana Purchase.
14. What is the language in which the life story of Papa is written, which is why the family never had it translated?
15. Dominick panics as they pass the _________ Building for the Hatch Forensic Institute.
Short Answer Questions
1. ___________ retains grief at having been too busy at the end of a semester to enjoy the new baby.
2. What does Dessa declare is a symptom of Dominick's toxic anger and then decides to leave him?
3. What does Dominick throw out the window of Leo's car as they are leaving the police station?
4. When Dominick was a child, someone locked a ____________ in a firebox and it died in terror, which makes Dominick terrified.
5. ________ demands that society take vengeance on the murderer when Penny is found murdered.
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)