|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Billy Covington is the man who dies in Vietnam, a man who idolized _____________, though the reader doesn't learn much more.
(c) The Pope.
2. Who has moved up the evaluation of Thomas, which is why Dominick and Patel have to meet?
(a) Probate judge.
3. When Dominick is taken to the police station, he is afraid his ___________ career is over and that he will die in Vietnam.
4. Nedra Frank is the ____________ who does not return the memoir when she is hired to translate it.
(a) Graduate student.
(c) Family friend.
(d) Literature professor.
5. Joy's psychologist says that her __________ behavior is related to her being sexually abused as a young woman.
(a) Penny pinching.
(b) Sexually frigid.
(c) Financially reckless.
6. What does Dominick get access to when he sits down to talk with another therapist about his brother?
(a) Free food.
(b) Video games.
(d) Therapy tapes.
7. Dominick awakes from a dream in which he ignores Thomas' skill at __________________.
(c) Skipping rocks across a pond.
8. To what city did the twins go when they were in sixth grade, going to the city as a class for a field trip?
(c) New York.
9. In a biblical passage, _________ tells the disciples to cut off the body parts which offend in order to avoiding burning in hell.
(d) The devil.
10. Thomas believes himself to be ___________ upon whom a new order can be built as the result of the apocalypse.
(a) Simon Peter.
11. Who was the twin who cried so hard about the flying monkeys in "The Wizard of Oz" according to the story?
12. Thomas buys a book on ___________ and makes his girlfriend read the stories to him while he pleasures himself.
13. Dominick recalls how Ma was waiting for ___________ to rescue them when the crazy man approached them on the bus.
14. Clarabel was a __________ on the Howdy Doody Show, as referenced in the section describing the time when the boys grew up.
15. Sheffer volunteers to be the twins' ____________ during the time of the case and the evaluation.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is the next hearing for Thomas scheduled, according to Sheffer when she comes into the room?
2. What stands next to the Indian Cemetery as described in the book in Three Rivers, CT?
3. Thomas lectures Dominick on the perils of ____________, though he is cruelly rebuffed by those to whom he speaks.
4. Who is forbidden to have male visitors while her family is away, though she does so anyway?
5. What does Dominick say that he doesn't want to be when Patel suggests that they run some tests on the twins' brains?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)