|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dessa declare is a symptom of Dominick's toxic anger and then decides to leave him?
(a) His swearing.
(b) His stepfather.
(c) His vasectomy.
(d) His lack of work.
2. Who is holding his own while staying at Hatch for the last ten days, according to Sheffer?
3. What is the medication being used for Thomas which seems to be doing him some good?
4. Dr. Judy Yup is willing to testify that ___________ is oppression when she sees the extent of Dominick's injuries.
5. Leo has mentioned _______ as a possible supplier of drugs to Ralph, according to Dominick when he talks with the police.
6. Who does Dominick lie to about Penny Drinkwater on the day that she disappears and is eventually found murdered?
(b) The principal.
7. Thomas says that Ray is jealous of _______ special plans for him, according to the therapy tape.
8. Ma accepts her diagnosis as one which is ____________, even if it means that she will die a painful death.
(c) God's will.
(d) A relief.
9. Who refuses to consider Thomas' antiwar act heroic, which is not surprising, given their relationship?
10. What stands next to the Indian Cemetery as described in the book in Three Rivers, CT?
(a) State Hospital.
(b) A playground.
(c) The school.
(d) A bus station.
11. When Dominick was a child, someone locked a ____________ in a firebox and it died in terror, which makes Dominick terrified.
12. Dominick believes that __________ is a bully, but that he is not inhuman as the tapes seem to make him.
13. Joy's psychologist says that her __________ behavior is related to her being sexually abused as a young woman.
(a) Penny pinching.
(b) Financially reckless.
(c) Sexually frigid.
14. In a biblical passage, _________ tells the disciples to cut off the body parts which offend in order to avoiding burning in hell.
(c) The devil.
15. Who is described as being patient, attractive, incisive, and helpful as she described various stories to Dominick?
Short Answer Questions
1. Ma takes the boys to the Back to School Festival of ___________ at the movie theater when they are in third grade.
2. Dominick is troubled by the obscure _________ that Thomas has left for him as well.
3. What did the United States citizens fear most about the Soviet Union during the 1950s?
4. Who is the twin that accidentally locks himself in the bathroom, almost ruining the trip?
5. What does Dominick throw out the window of Leo's car as they are leaving the police station?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)