|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Thomas is taken for mental health care, he is told that he will be there for __________ days for observation.
2. At sometime in the past, Dominick, Leo, and Ralph all did a ___________ together, according to the book.
(d) Bag job.
3. Dominick recalls how Ma was waiting for ___________ to rescue them when the crazy man approached them on the bus.
4. Whenever Dominick sees ______________, thoughts overtake him about what might have been for Angela.
(a) Swimming pools.
(b) Little girls.
(d) Tree houses.
5. Who refuses to consider Thomas' antiwar act heroic, which is not surprising, given their relationship?
6. Who does Ma decide is responsible for delivering her and her sons to safety after they encounter the crazy man?
7. Who decides to sit with Thomas after his scary incident, even though it means this other person can't do anything?
8. Ray is the stepfather who works the third shift at ____________ when the twins are growing up with their Ma.
(a) First Ship.
(b) Fourth Mutiny.
(c) Third Boat.
(d) Second Sail.
9. What is the subject that Dominick teaches when he is a teacher as his profession?
10. Lisa Sheffer, a ____________, calls Dominick to see how he's doing after the rough night he's had, leaving him a message on his phone.
(b) Social worker.
11. Dominick talks about how rude he was to his mother when he was being fitted for ____________.
(a) New glasses.
(b) His Navy uniform.
(c) A tux.
(d) His new waiter shirt.
12. What does Dominick get access to when he sits down to talk with another therapist about his brother?
(a) Video games.
(b) Therapy tapes.
(c) Free food.
13. Who is described as being patient, attractive, incisive, and helpful as she described various stories to Dominick?
14. ___________ retains grief at having been too busy at the end of a semester to enjoy the new baby.
15. While Ma does not care for the ____________, the boys do not particularly like Francis the Talking Mule.
(a) Army fights.
(b) Three Stooges.
(c) Dancing ladies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Billy Covington is the man who dies in Vietnam, a man who idolized _____________, though the reader doesn't learn much more.
2. Who is forbidden to have male visitors while her family is away, though she does so anyway?
3. What did the United States citizens fear most about the Soviet Union during the 1950s?
4. What is the name of the manager at the movie theater which other people in the room call him?
5. Who is the person that asks to be on Thomas' visitors list, which makes Dominick happy?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)