Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapters 1-4
1. What does Dominick grow impatient with when he is talking with his brother a day before the amputation?
2. What happens when Dominick takes Thomas to the hospital after his amputation during the beginning of the book?
3. What does Ma do when the television explodes, according to Dominick's memory from 1958?
4. What happens to the memoir by Papa which Dominick decides he wants to translate for himself?
5. What is Thomas wondering when he is being transported to Three Rivers for observation in this story?
This section contains 1,163 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)