|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dominick asks Sheffer to avoid the __________ when they are speaking with each other and demands to have Thomas out earlier.
(c) Penny words.
2. What is the language in which the life story of Papa is written, which is why the family never had it translated?
3. Sheffer tries to bond with Dominick, comparing him to the literary figure _______________.
(c) Mr. Darcy.
(d) Don Quixote.
4. What is the profession of Ralph Drinkwater at the Hatch Center, according to descriptions in the story?
5. Which president is in charge of Operation Desert Shield during the time of the antiwar protest?
(a) President Nixon.
(b) President George H. W. Bush.
(c) President Kennedy.
(d) President W. Bush.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the characters finds it easier to believe that there is no God, which makes life have no sense or meaning?
2. Billy Covington is the man who dies in Vietnam, a man who idolized _____________, though the reader doesn't learn much more.
3. To what city did the twins go when they were in sixth grade, going to the city as a class for a field trip?
4. When Dominick was a child, someone locked a ____________ in a firebox and it died in terror, which makes Dominick terrified.
5. Where does Thomas decide to cut off his hand in order to escape being drafted into the military?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)