|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bartolomy say about the law against slaves painting?
2. What does Diego paint a picture of after his daughter is engaged?
3. Who does Diego paint a picture of to practice for the big portrait he was sent to Italy for?
4. What does Bartolomy call Juan?
5. What does Juan do when the King realizes Juan has done a painting?
Essay Topic 1
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)