|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unique about El Bobo?
2. What does Juan show the nobles to get them excited about Don Diego's talents?
3. What sin does Bartolomy say Juan should confess?
4. What does Diego say the King was sent to earth to do?
5. Who cares for Don Diego while he has his fever?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Murillo do after his time at Don Diego' house?
2. What does Don Diego tell Juan not to call him after he is freed, and what is Juan's response?
3. How does Lolis feel about being a slave?
4. What happens while Juan and Don Diego are sailing for Italy the second time?
5. What strange ability does Lolis have?
6. What does Diego do when he finds one of the notes between Del Mazo and Paquita?
7. What does the King ask Juan to do before he leaves to Seville with Lolis?
8. What impresses Don Diego about Bartolomy's art?
9. What has Juan just painted when he talks to Bartolomy, and what does Bartolomy say about this?
10. What picture does Juan place among those of Don Diego's in the studio?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances influence that character's involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Personal identity was one of the main themes in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how did its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)