|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Murillo stay with don Diego?
2. What is Don Diego doing while on his trip to Northern Spain?
3. Who does Diego paint a picture of to practice for the big portrait he was sent to Italy for?
4. Who does Diego ask to guide his hand as he does a practice portrait while on his second trip in Italy?
5. Who cured the King's favorite dog of his ailment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the King do while he sits for his portraits?
2. What impresses Don Diego about Bartolomy's art?
3. What strange ability does Lolis have?
4. What does Murillo do after his time at Don Diego' house?
5. What does the King ask Juan to do before he leaves to Seville with Lolis?
6. What does Francisco Lezcano say to Juan about their similarities?
7. What is Juan worried will be found while he is in Northern Spain with Don Diego, and what is done about this?
8. What honor does the King give Don Diego after he dies?
9. What does Don Diego tell Juan not to call him after he is freed, and what is Juan's response?
10. What does Juan suggest Don Diego do to practice for his portrait of the Pope, and what is Don Diego's response to this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Freedom was a crucial theme and symbol in this book. How was this theme presented, and how did its place in this plot affect the main characters?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances influence that character's involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and describe their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)