|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was leery about Diego painting a portrait on his second trip in Italy?
2. What does Juan show the nobles to get them excited about Don Diego's talents?
3. What is the name of the King's favorite dog?
4. What is Don Diego doing while on his trip to Northern Spain?
5. Who visits Don Diego after his wife dies?
Essay Topic 1
Juan endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)