|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the new slave in Juan's house say she wants Juan to be?
2. Who does Diego paint a picture of to practice for the big portrait he was sent to Italy for?
3. what is the King's wedding gift to Juan and Lolis?
4. What does Juan want to ask of his master in return for healing his hand?
5. Who does Don Diego accompany on his trip to Northern Spain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Don Diego do to save Juan when his painting is discovered by the King?
2. What happens just after Juan and Don Diego get to Italy for the second time?
3. What does Juan suggest Don Diego do to practice for his portrait of the Pope, and what is Don Diego's response to this?
4. How does Juan get the Itallian nobles to recognize Don Diego's talent?
5. What does Paquita's mother do when she finds out about her daughter's relationship?
6. What has Juan just painted when he talks to Bartolomy, and what does Bartolomy say about this?
7. What did Juan do to help the King's favorite dog?
8. What does Murillo do after his time at Don Diego' house?
9. What does the King do after Juan helps his favorite dog, and how does Juan feel about this?
10. What does the King ask Juan to do before he leaves to Seville with Lolis?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Elizabeth Trevino have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)