|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Francisco Lezcano compare himself to while talking to Juan?
2. What was Don Diego surprised about when he saw Bartolomy's art?
3. What special talent does the slave have that Mistress bought while Don Diego was in Italy?
4. What does Juan do when the wound from the ship returns to Don Diego?
5. What does the King not require while he is in the studio with Don Diego?
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Elizabeth Trevino have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Diversity was a major theme in this book as many different life-styles and ranks in society were involved. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and describe their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)