|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Diego paint a picture of after his daughter is engaged?
2. Who does the King give Don Diego's easel and clothing to?
3. What was wrong with the King's favorite dog?
4. How often does Bartolomy take Communion?
5. Why does the King ask Don Diego to design something for his sister's wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the King do while he sits for his portraits?
2. What task does the King give Don Diego to distract him from the grief of his wife and daughter's deaths?
3. What does the King do after Juan helps his favorite dog, and how does Juan feel about this?
4. What does Paquita's mother do when she finds out about her daughter's relationship?
5. What does Juan suggest Don Diego do to practice for his portrait of the Pope, and what is Don Diego's response to this?
6. What happens while Juan and Don Diego are sailing for Italy the second time?
7. What does Diego do when he finds one of the notes between Del Mazo and Paquita?
8. What does the King ask Juan to do before he leaves to Seville with Lolis?
9. What does Francisco Lezcano say to Juan about their similarities?
10. Where does Don Diego send most of his apprentices, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Miri and Lolis are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite some support and, write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters.
Essay Topic 2
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)