|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Juan just painted when he talked to Bartolomy?
2. What does Juan want to ask of his master in return for healing his hand?
3. Why does Juan say he no longer takes Communion?
4. what is the King's wedding gift to Juan and Lolis?
5. Who did Juan promise to do something for if his master's returned wound would heal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Juan do to help the King's favorite dog?
2. What does the King ask Juan to do before he leaves to Seville with Lolis?
3. What picture does Juan place among those of Don Diego's in the studio?
4. How does Juan get the Itallian nobles to recognize Don Diego's talent?
5. What does the King do while he sits for his portraits?
6. What happens while Juan and Don Diego are sailing for Italy the second time?
7. What strange ability does Lolis have?
8. What does Don Diego tell Juan not to call him after he is freed, and what is Juan's response?
9. What happens just after Juan and Don Diego get to Italy for the second time?
10. What does Juan suggest Don Diego do to practice for his portrait of the Pope, and what is Don Diego's response to this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Freedom was a crucial theme and symbol in this book. How was this theme presented, and how did its place in this plot affect the main characters?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)