|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job is Juan given after the problem of the painting is solved?
2. Who does Don Diego accompany on his trip to Northern Spain?
3. What does Don Diego call Juan after the King leaves after the problem of the painting is solved?
4. What special talent does the slave have that Mistress bought while Don Diego was in Italy?
5. What does Paquita ask Juan to send to her secret lover?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Juan worried will be found while he is in Northern Spain with Don Diego, and what is done about this?
2. What does Paquita's mother do when she finds out about her daughter's relationship?
3. What picture does Juan place among those of Don Diego's in the studio?
4. What does the King do while he sits for his portraits?
5. What does the King ask Juan to do before he leaves to Seville with Lolis?
6. What does Francisco Lezcano say to Juan about their similarities?
7. What worries Juan about the portrait of the Pope?
8. What task does the King give Don Diego to distract him from the grief of his wife and daughter's deaths?
9. What does Don Diego tell Juan not to call him after he is freed, and what is Juan's response?
10. What does Bartolomy say about the law against slaves painting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Elizabeth Trevino have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)