|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Murillo like to paint when he returns to Seville?
2. Why does Juan say he no longer takes Communion?
3. What does Francisco Lezcano compare himself to while talking to Juan?
4. What does Juan want to ask of his master in return for healing his hand?
5. What does Juan wear when his portrait is painted?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Juan suggest Don Diego do to practice for his portrait of the Pope, and what is Don Diego's response to this?
2. What picture does Juan place among those of Don Diego's in the studio?
3. How does Lolis feel about being a slave?
4. What impresses Don Diego about Bartolomy's art?
5. What does the King do while he sits for his portraits?
6. What has Juan just painted when he talks to Bartolomy, and what does Bartolomy say about this?
7. What worries Juan about the portrait of the Pope?
8. What does Paquita's mother do when she finds out about her daughter's relationship?
9. What happens when Lolis is asked to be Juan's wife?
10. What does Murillo do after his time at Don Diego' house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances influence that character's involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Diversity was a major theme in this book as many different life-styles and ranks in society were involved. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
Essay Topic 3
Miri and Lolis are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite some support and, write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters.
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)