|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the King ask Don Diego to design for his sister's wedding?
2. How does the King feel about Don Diego's solution to the problem?
3. What job is Juan given after the problem of the painting is solved?
4. What does Diego paint a picture of after his daughter is engaged?
5. How long after Paquita's wedding does Don Diego go to Northern Spain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Murillo do after his time at Don Diego' house?
2. How does Juan get the Itallian nobles to recognize Don Diego's talent?
3. What is Juan worried will be found while he is in Northern Spain with Don Diego, and what is done about this?
4. How does Lolis feel about being a slave?
5. What task does the King give Don Diego to distract him from the grief of his wife and daughter's deaths?
6. What does the King do after Juan helps his favorite dog, and how does Juan feel about this?
7. What does Don Diego do to save Juan when his painting is discovered by the King?
8. What does the King ask Juan to do before he leaves to Seville with Lolis?
9. What does Bartolomy say about the law against slaves painting?
10. What happens just after Juan and Don Diego get to Italy for the second time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Elizabeth Trevino have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)