|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the new slave in Juan's house say she wants Juan to be?
2. What was Don Diego surprised about when he saw Bartolomy's art?
3. What job is Juan given after the problem of the painting is solved?
4. Where are Juan and Lolis married?
5. How does Juan describe Don Diego's funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Don Diego do to save Juan when his painting is discovered by the King?
2. What happens when Lolis is asked to be Juan's wife?
3. How does Lolis feel about being a slave?
4. What does the King do while he sits for his portraits?
5. What does Francisco Lezcano say to Juan about their similarities?
6. What does the King ask Juan to do before he leaves to Seville with Lolis?
7. What is Juan worried will be found while he is in Northern Spain with Don Diego, and what is done about this?
8. What worries Juan about the portrait of the Pope?
9. What does the King give Juan when Don Diego dies?
10. What does Don Diego tell Juan not to call him after he is freed, and what is Juan's response?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)