|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juan's painting remind the King of?
2. Why does Francisco Lezcano think he is a slave?
3. What is Don Diego doing when Juan returns from his efforts to heal the returned wound?
4. Where does Don Diego die?
5. What had Juan just painted when he talked to Bartolomy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Don Diego do to save Juan when his painting is discovered by the King?
2. What happens just after Juan and Don Diego get to Italy for the second time?
3. What does Diego do when he finds one of the notes between Del Mazo and Paquita?
4. What task does the King give Don Diego to distract him from the grief of his wife and daughter's deaths?
5. What does the King do while he sits for his portraits?
6. What does the King give Juan when Don Diego dies?
7. What worries Juan about the portrait of the Pope?
8. What does Bartolomy say about the law against slaves painting?
9. Where does Don Diego send most of his apprentices, and why?
10. What is Juan worried will be found while he is in Northern Spain with Don Diego, and what is done about this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Miri and Lolis are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite some support and, write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters.
Essay Topic 2
Belonging and security were two themes present in this book. Where did these themes appear, and which characters were most motivated by them?
Essay Topic 3
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)