|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. what is the King's wedding gift to Juan and Lolis?
2. What does Juan say he will always call Don Diego after the problem of the painting is solved?
3. What does Juan see when he looks at the paintings of El Bobo?
4. How does Don Diego save Juan from imprisonment?
5. Who cured the King's favorite dog of his ailment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What honor does the King give Don Diego after he dies?
2. Where does Don Diego send most of his apprentices, and why?
3. What did Juan do to help the King's favorite dog?
4. What does the King give Juan when Don Diego dies?
5. What does the King do after Juan helps his favorite dog, and how does Juan feel about this?
6. What does the King ask Juan to do before he leaves to Seville with Lolis?
7. What has Juan just painted when he talks to Bartolomy, and what does Bartolomy say about this?
8. What happens when Lolis is asked to be Juan's wife?
9. What is Juan worried will be found while he is in Northern Spain with Don Diego, and what is done about this?
10. How does Lolis feel about being a slave?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Elizabeth Trevino have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Personal identity was one of the main themes in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how did its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)