|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits Don Diego after his wife dies?
2. Who did Juan promise to do something for if his master's returned wound would heal?
3. How long after Paquita's wedding does Don Diego go to Northern Spain?
4. Who was leery about Diego painting a portrait on his second trip in Italy?
5. Who does Diego ask to guide his hand as he does a practice portrait while on his second trip in Italy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Juan get the Itallian nobles to recognize Don Diego's talent?
2. What impresses Don Diego about Bartolomy's art?
3. What happens while Juan and Don Diego are sailing for Italy the second time?
4. What happens just after Juan and Don Diego get to Italy for the second time?
5. What does Paquita's mother do when she finds out about her daughter's relationship?
6. What picture does Juan place among those of Don Diego's in the studio?
7. What did Juan do to help the King's favorite dog?
8. What strange ability does Lolis have?
9. What is Juan worried will be found while he is in Northern Spain with Don Diego, and what is done about this?
10. Where does Don Diego send most of his apprentices, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Diversity was a major theme in this book as many different life-styles and ranks in society were involved. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
Essay Topic 3
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)