|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the King ask Don Diego to design something for his sister's wedding?
2. Why does Francisco Lezcano think he is a slave?
3. What is the name of the King's favorite dog?
4. How long does it take for Don Diego's fever to break?
5. Who does the King give Don Diego's easel and clothing to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lolis feel about being a slave?
2. What happens when Lolis is asked to be Juan's wife?
3. What strange ability does Lolis have?
4. What happens while Juan and Don Diego are sailing for Italy the second time?
5. Where does Don Diego send most of his apprentices, and why?
6. What worries Juan about the portrait of the Pope?
7. What does Paquita's mother do when she finds out about her daughter's relationship?
8. What does Murillo do after his time at Don Diego' house?
9. What does the King ask Juan to do before he leaves to Seville with Lolis?
10. What happens just after Juan and Don Diego get to Italy for the second time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances influence that character's involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Juan endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)