|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Diego feel about Olivares?
2. What does Juan do when the wound from the ship returns to Don Diego?
3. What does Diego paint a picture of after his daughter is engaged?
4. What does Juan promise to do if his Master's returned wound is healed?
5. what is the King's wedding gift to Juan and Lolis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Juan suggest Don Diego do to practice for his portrait of the Pope, and what is Don Diego's response to this?
2. What happens while Juan and Don Diego are sailing for Italy the second time?
3. What does Paquita's mother do when she finds out about her daughter's relationship?
4. What worries Juan about the portrait of the Pope?
5. What does the King do while he sits for his portraits?
6. What does Don Diego do to save Juan when his painting is discovered by the King?
7. What picture does Juan place among those of Don Diego's in the studio?
8. What strange ability does Lolis have?
9. What is Juan worried will be found while he is in Northern Spain with Don Diego, and what is done about this?
10. What does Murillo do after his time at Don Diego' house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Honor was something that many of the main characters were striving for in this book. Who was most affected by this pursuit, and how did it change the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and describe their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)