|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the King give Don Diego's easel and clothing to?
2. What does Don Diego say most people are fond of?
3. What does Juan say he will always call Don Diego after the problem of the painting is solved?
4. How does Diego feel about the King?
5. Who cured the King's favorite dog of his ailment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the King do after Juan helps his favorite dog, and how does Juan feel about this?
2. What does Diego say during one of the King's sittings that pleases the King?
3. What does Don Diego do to save Juan when his painting is discovered by the King?
4. What honor does the King give Don Diego after he dies?
5. What strange ability does Lolis have?
6. What does the King ask Juan to do before he leaves to Seville with Lolis?
7. What does Francisco Lezcano say to Juan about their similarities?
8. What impresses Don Diego about Bartolomy's art?
9. What happens when Lolis is asked to be Juan's wife?
10. How does Lolis feel about being a slave?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Belonging and security were two themes present in this book. Where did these themes appear, and which characters were most motivated by them?
Essay Topic 2
Miri and Lolis are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite some support and, write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters.
Essay Topic 3
Juan endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)