|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many rooms does Dosa Juana give Juan and Lolis when they are married?
2. Who does the King give Don Diego's easel and clothing to?
3. How does the King feel about Don Diego's solution to the problem?
4. Why does Francisco Lezcano think he is a slave?
5. Why does Juan say he no longer takes Communion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances influence that character's involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)