|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Don Diego have to ask about Lolis becoming Juan's wife?
2. How does the King feel about Don Diego's solution to the problem?
3. What does Don Diego give Juan to hide his possessions while he is in Northern Spain?
4. Why does the King ask Don Diego to design something for his sister's wedding?
5. How does Paquita die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the King do after Juan helps his favorite dog, and how does Juan feel about this?
2. How does Lolis feel about being a slave?
3. How does Juan get the Itallian nobles to recognize Don Diego's talent?
4. What does Paquita's mother do when she finds out about her daughter's relationship?
5. What honor does the King give Don Diego after he dies?
6. What is Juan worried will be found while he is in Northern Spain with Don Diego, and what is done about this?
7. What does the King give Juan when Don Diego dies?
8. What did Juan do to help the King's favorite dog?
9. What does Bartolomy say about the law against slaves painting?
10. What strange ability does Lolis have?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Honor was something that many of the main characters were striving for in this book. Who was most affected by this pursuit, and how did it change the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)