|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Paquita die?
2. Where does Don Diego send most of his apprentices when they are done?
3. Where is Bertolomy from?
4. What does Don Diego call Juan after the King leaves after the problem of the painting is solved?
5. What does Diego find that tells him of his daughter's love affair?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens just after Juan and Don Diego get to Italy for the second time?
2. What worries Juan about the portrait of the Pope?
3. What does Don Diego tell Juan not to call him after he is freed, and what is Juan's response?
4. How does Lolis feel about being a slave?
5. What does the King do while he sits for his portraits?
6. What does Juan suggest Don Diego do to practice for his portrait of the Pope, and what is Don Diego's response to this?
7. Where does Don Diego send most of his apprentices, and why?
8. What does Francisco Lezcano say to Juan about their similarities?
9. What does Murillo do after his time at Don Diego' house?
10. What honor does the King give Don Diego after he dies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Elizabeth Trevino have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
Personal identity was one of the main themes in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how did its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)