Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What colors does Diego NOT say are part of a blue brocade?
2. How long is Diego at the palace before he sees the King?
3. What does Brother Isidro say he sees when he looks at Juan?
4. Where does Brother Isidro take Juan after the inventory?
5. What does Juan ask of Dosa Trini while he is running errands?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sad news do Juan and Diego receive when they return home?
2. What happens when Lolis is asked to be Juan's wife?
3. What does Mistress allow Juan to do when she sees how disappointed he is about not being taught to paint?
4. What does Brother Isidro do when Juan starts to cry after the inventory?
5. What does Diego do when he finds one of the notes between Del Mazo and Paquita?
6. What does Diego say during one of the King's sittings that pleases the King?
7. What does the master in Madrid say to Juan when he wakes up?
8. What strange ability does Lolis have?
9. How does Juan describe the King?
10. What does Juan do when his mistress falls sick with the plague?
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Elizabeth Trevino have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
Belonging and security were two themes present in this book. Where did these themes appear, and which characters were most motivated by them?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)