|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the dainty slave girl Juan admires?
2. What color robes do the Franciscan brothers wear?
3. What does Juan's mistress give him money for after his mother dies?
4. How did Mistress feel about Master?
5. What does Gil Medina make?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Juan told after waiting for the magistrate for hours?
2. How does Juan describe Italy?
3. What sad news do Juan and Diego receive when they return home?
4. Where does Juan go after his mistress dies?
5. What does Mistress allow Juan to do when she sees how disappointed he is about not being taught to paint?
6. How does Juan describe the King?
7. How does Don Medina say he makes his crucifixes so realistic?
8. What does the Carmelo do when he finds Juan in Madrid?
9. What does Juan demand in return for his service to Don Dimas?
10. What does Juan find in the house when he wakes up after being sick with the plague?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances influence that character's involved in those scenes?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)