|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the palace studio like?
2. What does Diego say art should be?
3. What is the name of the dainty slave girl Juan admires?
4. Where did Juan live before his journey to Madrid?
5. Who supplies tortured models for Gil Medina's work?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Diego refuse to teach Juan to paint?
2. How does Juan describe his first sight of Miri?
3. What does Juan demand in return for his service to Don Dimas?
4. What does the master in Madrid say to Juan when he wakes up?
5. How does Juan describe Italy?
6. What does Brother Isidro do when Juan starts to cry after the inventory?
7. What does Diego say is the difference between the light in Spain and Italy?
8. What happens when Juan brings a message to Reubens' house from Don Diego?
9. What does Brother Isidro do for Juan while he is sick with the plague?
10. How does Don Medina say he makes his crucifixes so realistic?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Elizabeth Trevino have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)