|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Peter Paul Reubens' occupation?
2. What is the Carmelo's occupation?
3. Who is most upset about Juan leaving for Italy?
4. What does the King want Diego to do in Italy?
5. What color are the clothes given to Juan by Don Diego?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Don Medina say he makes his crucifixes so realistic?
2. Why does Diego refuse to teach Juan to paint?
3. What did Don Diego say Art was meant to be?
4. How does Juan describe the first portrait Diego paints of the King?
5. Where does Juan go after his mistress dies?
6. What does Don Diego to do study while in Italy?
7. How does Juan describe Italy?
8. What does Mistress say when she sees that Juan is in love?
9. What does Juan do when his mistress falls sick with the plague?
10. How does Juan describe his first sight of Miri?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
Belonging and security were two themes present in this book. Where did these themes appear, and which characters were most motivated by them?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)