|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who supplies tortured models for Gil Medina's work?
2. What is the palace studio like?
3. What delays Diego's trip to Italy?
4. What did the slave girl suffer from when Juan gets to her house?
5. What is the name of the apprentice sent to the palace with Diego?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Brother Isidro say he sees Juan?
2. What does Diego say is the difference between the light in Spain and Italy?
3. What does Don Diego to do study while in Italy?
4. What does Juan do when his mistress falls sick with the plague?
5. What did Don Diego say Art was meant to be?
6. What is Miri's worst fear, and how does this affect Juan?
7. Why can the blond man not enter Madrid with Juan?
8. What happens when Juan brings a message to Reubens' house from Don Diego?
9. What does Mistress allow Juan to do when she sees how disappointed he is about not being taught to paint?
10. What does Brother Isidro do when Juan starts to cry after the inventory?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Juan endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 3
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)