|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carmelo like to do around a camp fire?
2. Who comes with Brother Isidro the second time he cares for Juan?
3. What colors does Diego NOT say are part of a blue brocade?
4. How did Mistress feel about Master?
5. What delays Diego's trip to Italy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Juan go after his mistress dies?
2. How is Juan told to eat while he is on his journey to Madrid?
3. What does Juan find in the house when he wakes up after being sick with the plague?
4. What does the master in Madrid say to Juan when he wakes up?
5. What does Don Diego teach Juan about a blue brocade?
6. What sad news do Juan and Diego receive when they return home?
7. What does Master say when Juan asks him to teach him to paint?
8. How does Juan describe Italy?
9. How does Juan describe his first sight of Miri?
10. What does Brother Isidro do when Juan starts to cry after the inventory?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Juan endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)