|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of Juan's duties to help Diego?
2. What colors does Diego NOT say are part of a blue brocade?
3. Where does Brother Isidro take Juan after the inventory?
4. Where does Juan ask permission to go one day while at the palace?
5. What is Juan forced to do while the house is inventoried?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Miri's worst fear, and how does this affect Juan?
2. How does Juan describe Italy?
3. How does Don Medina say he makes his crucifixes so realistic?
4. What does Juan find in the house when he wakes up after being sick with the plague?
5. How does Juan describe the first portrait Diego paints of the King?
6. What does Mistress say when she sees that Juan is in love?
7. What sad news do Juan and Diego receive when they return home?
8. What did Don Diego say Art was meant to be?
9. What does Juan demand in return for his service to Don Dimas?
10. What does Brother Isidro do when Juan starts to cry after the inventory?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Juan endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)