|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juan say the King is hoping for?
2. What does Juan ask of Dosa Trini while he is running errands?
3. What does Brother Isidro do to quiet Juan's crying?
4. What does the Carmelo do on evening nights to amuse himself?
5. What does Juan say is on every corner of Italy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Don Diego teach Juan about a blue brocade?
2. How does Brother Isidro say he sees Juan?
3. What sad news do Juan and Diego receive when they return home?
4. How does Don Medina say he makes his crucifixes so realistic?
5. What does Mistress say when she sees that Juan is in love?
6. What is Juan told after waiting for the magistrate for hours?
7. What does Juan demand in return for his service to Don Dimas?
8. How does Juan describe Italy?
9. What does Master say when Juan asks him to teach him to paint?
10. What did Don Diego say Art was meant to be?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Diversity was a major theme in this book as many different life-styles and ranks in society were involved. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)