|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juan say the King is hoping for?
2. Where does Juan stand while Reubens is being honored?
3. What does Brother Isidro do the last time Juan sees him?
4. What does Diego say when Juan asks to learn how to paint?
5. What does Carmelo like to do around a camp fire?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Diego say is the difference between the light in Spain and Italy?
2. What does Juan demand in return for his service to Don Dimas?
3. Where does Juan go after his mistress dies?
4. What has Juan just painted when he talks to Bartolomy, and what does Bartolomy say about this?
5. What does Murillo offer to Juan when he first comes to Seville?
6. What does Brother Isidro do for Juan while he is sick with the plague?
7. How does Brother Isidro say he sees Juan?
8. What does the master in Madrid say to Juan when he wakes up?
9. What does Bartolomy say about the law against slaves painting?
10. How does Juan get the Itallian nobles to recognize Don Diego's talent?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Diversity was a major theme in this book as many different life-styles and ranks in society were involved. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Elizabeth Trevino have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 1,279 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)