Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What colors does Diego NOT say are part of a blue brocade?
2. How long is Diego at the palace before he sees the King?
3. What does Brother Isidro say he sees when he looks at Juan?
4. Where does Brother Isidro take Juan after the inventory?
5. What does Juan ask of Dosa Trini while he is running errands?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sad news do Juan and Diego receive when they return home?
2. What happens when Lolis is asked to be Juan's wife?
3. What does Mistress allow Juan to do when she sees how disappointed he is about not being taught to paint?
4. What does Brother Isidro do when Juan starts to cry after the inventory?
5. What does Diego do when he finds one of the notes between Del Mazo and Paquita?
6. What does Diego say during one of the King's sittings that pleases the King?
7. What does the master in Madrid say to Juan when he wakes up?
8. What strange ability does Lolis have?
9. How does Juan describe the King?
10. What does Juan do when his mistress falls sick with the plague?
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Miri and Lolis are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite some support and, write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters.
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)