|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Juan when his mother died?
2. Who does Juan eat his meals with at Diego's house?
3. How long is Diego at the palace before he sees the King?
4. What is the slave girl's worst fear?
5. Where does Juan see the first notice about the plague?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Juan told after waiting for the magistrate for hours?
2. What does Mistress say when she sees that Juan is in love?
3. What does the Carmelo do when he finds Juan in Madrid?
4. What does Master say when Juan asks him to teach him to paint?
5. What does the master in Madrid say to Juan when he wakes up?
6. Where does Juan go after his mistress dies?
7. What did Don Diego say Art was meant to be?
8. What sad news do Juan and Diego receive when they return home?
9. How is Juan told to eat while he is on his journey to Madrid?
10. What does Juan find in the house when he wakes up after being sick with the plague?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Miri and Lolis are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite some support and, write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters.
Essay Topic 2
Juan endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)