Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What colors does Diego NOT say are part of a blue brocade?
2. How long is Diego at the palace before he sees the King?
3. What does Brother Isidro say he sees when he looks at Juan?
4. Where does Brother Isidro take Juan after the inventory?
5. What does Juan ask of Dosa Trini while he is running errands?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sad news do Juan and Diego receive when they return home?
2. What happens when Lolis is asked to be Juan's wife?
3. What does Mistress allow Juan to do when she sees how disappointed he is about not being taught to paint?
4. What does Brother Isidro do when Juan starts to cry after the inventory?
5. What does Diego do when he finds one of the notes between Del Mazo and Paquita?
6. What does Diego say during one of the King's sittings that pleases the King?
7. What does the master in Madrid say to Juan when he wakes up?
8. What strange ability does Lolis have?
9. How does Juan describe the King?
10. What does Juan do when his mistress falls sick with the plague?
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
Juan endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)