|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Don Diego's occupation?
2. Who shows Juan how to do the hardest task he is assigned for Don Diego?
3. What delays Diego's trip to Italy?
4. Who talks with Diego before the King comes to see him?
5. What does Juan say the dainty slave girl introduced into his life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mistress allow Juan to do when she sees how disappointed he is about not being taught to paint?
2. How does Brother Isidro say he sees Juan?
3. What happens when Juan brings a message to Reubens' house from Don Diego?
4. What is Juan told after waiting for the magistrate for hours?
5. What sad news do Juan and Diego receive when they return home?
6. What does the Carmelo do when he finds Juan in Madrid?
7. What is Miri's worst fear, and how does this affect Juan?
8. How does Juan describe Italy?
9. What does Master say when Juan asks him to teach him to paint?
10. What does Juan do when his mistress falls sick with the plague?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Miri and Lolis are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite some support and, write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters.
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)