|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will Diego's family stay while Diego is in Italy?
2. What does Juan say is on every corner of Italy?
3. What delays Diego's trip to Italy?
4. What is the Carmelo's occupation?
5. What is the name of the dainty slave girl Juan admires?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mistress allow Juan to do when she sees how disappointed he is about not being taught to paint?
2. What is Juan told after waiting for the magistrate for hours?
3. What does the Carmelo do when he finds Juan in Madrid?
4. What does Diego say is the difference between the light in Spain and Italy?
5. How does Juan describe Italy?
6. What sad news do Juan and Diego receive when they return home?
7. What does Brother Isidro do when Juan starts to cry after the inventory?
8. What does Mistress say when she sees that Juan is in love?
9. What does Juan demand in return for his service to Don Dimas?
10. What happens when Juan brings a message to Reubens' house from Don Diego?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances influence that character's involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Belonging and security were two themes present in this book. Where did these themes appear, and which characters were most motivated by them?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)