|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gil Medina make?
2. What does Brother Isidro say he sees when he looks at Juan?
3. What does Juan say Italy as a country is devoted to?
4. What is the palace studio like?
5. What word does Juan use to describe the slave girl's face while she is singing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Diego refuse to teach Juan to paint?
2. How does Juan describe the King?
3. How does Juan describe his first sight of Miri?
4. What does Diego say is the difference between the light in Spain and Italy?
5. What does Juan do when his mistress falls sick with the plague?
6. What does Master say when Juan asks him to teach him to paint?
7. What does Brother Isidro do for Juan while he is sick with the plague?
8. What sad news do Juan and Diego receive when they return home?
9. What is Juan told after waiting for the magistrate for hours?
10. What does Don Diego to do study while in Italy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances influence that character's involved in those scenes?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)