|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Juan stand while Reubens is being honored?
2. How old is Juan when his mother died?
3. How long does it take for Juan to recover from Carmelo's beating?
4. What does Juan do after the house is inventoried?
5. What does Juan eat when he wakes up while sick with the plague?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Diego do when he finds one of the notes between Del Mazo and Paquita?
2. What does Don Diego tell Juan not to call him after he is freed, and what is Juan's response?
3. Where does Juan go after his mistress dies?
4. How does Juan describe the King?
5. What does the King do while he sits for his portraits?
6. What has Juan just painted when he talks to Bartolomy, and what does Bartolomy say about this?
7. Why does Diego refuse to teach Juan to paint?
8. What does Mistress allow Juan to do when she sees how disappointed he is about not being taught to paint?
9. What does Juan find in the house when he wakes up after being sick with the plague?
10. What does Master say when Juan asks him to teach him to paint?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Juan endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 1,273 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)