|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Carmelo tell Juan to get his food on the journey?
2. What does Juan say the King is hoping for?
3. What is the Carmelo's occupation?
4. Where is Peter Paul Reubens from?
5. What is Dosa Trini's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Carmelo do when he finds Juan in Madrid?
2. How does Brother Isidro say he sees Juan?
3. What does Don Diego teach Juan about a blue brocade?
4. Why does Diego refuse to teach Juan to paint?
5. How does Juan describe his first sight of Miri?
6. What sad news do Juan and Diego receive when they return home?
7. What does Mistress say when she sees that Juan is in love?
8. How does Don Medina say he makes his crucifixes so realistic?
9. How does Juan describe the King?
10. What does the master in Madrid say to Juan when he wakes up?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Belonging and security were two themes present in this book. Where did these themes appear, and which characters were most motivated by them?
Essay Topic 3
Personal identity was one of the main themes in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how did its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)