|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juan say the dainty slave girl introduced into his life?
2. Who talks with Diego before the King comes to see him?
3. What does Juan ask of Dosa Trini while he is running errands?
4. Who teaches Juan to read?
5. How old is Juan when his mother died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Master say when Juan asks him to teach him to paint?
2. What did Don Diego say Art was meant to be?
3. Why can the blond man not enter Madrid with Juan?
4. What does Mistress say when she sees that Juan is in love?
5. What does Brother Isidro do when Juan starts to cry after the inventory?
6. How does Don Medina say he makes his crucifixes so realistic?
7. What does Juan do when his mistress falls sick with the plague?
8. How is Juan told to eat while he is on his journey to Madrid?
9. How does Brother Isidro say he sees Juan?
10. What does Diego say is the difference between the light in Spain and Italy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Diversity was a major theme in this book as many different life-styles and ranks in society were involved. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
Honor was something that many of the main characters were striving for in this book. Who was most affected by this pursuit, and how did it change the course of the plot?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)