|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Don Diego live?
2. What instrument does the dainty slave girl play?
3. What does Juan's mistress give him money for after his mother dies?
4. In what country was the dainty slave girl raised
5. How long does Juan agree to serve Don Dimas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Carmelo do when he finds Juan in Madrid?
2. How is Juan told to eat while he is on his journey to Madrid?
3. How does Juan describe the King?
4. What does Juan demand in return for his service to Don Dimas?
5. What does Brother Isidro do for Juan while he is sick with the plague?
6. How does Juan describe the first portrait Diego paints of the King?
7. How does Brother Isidro say he sees Juan?
8. What happens when Juan brings a message to Reubens' house from Don Diego?
9. Where does Juan go after his mistress dies?
10. How does Juan describe his first sight of Miri?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Honor was something that many of the main characters were striving for in this book. Who was most affected by this pursuit, and how did it change the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 3
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)