|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who teaches Juan to read?
2. What is the palace studio like?
3. Where will Diego's family stay while Diego is in Italy?
4. What color robes do the Franciscan brothers wear?
5. What does Gil Medina make?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Miri's worst fear, and how does this affect Juan?
2. How does Juan describe Italy?
3. How does Juan describe his first sight of Miri?
4. What happens when Juan brings a message to Reubens' house from Don Diego?
5. What does Don Diego teach Juan about a blue brocade?
6. What does Brother Isidro do for Juan while he is sick with the plague?
7. What sad news do Juan and Diego receive when they return home?
8. What did Don Diego say Art was meant to be?
9. What does Master say when Juan asks him to teach him to paint?
10. How does Brother Isidro say he sees Juan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Elizabeth Trevino have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances influence that character's involved in those scenes?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)