Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What colors does Diego NOT say are part of a blue brocade?
2. How long is Diego at the palace before he sees the King?
3. What does Brother Isidro say he sees when he looks at Juan?
4. Where does Brother Isidro take Juan after the inventory?
5. What does Juan ask of Dosa Trini while he is running errands?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sad news do Juan and Diego receive when they return home?
2. What happens when Lolis is asked to be Juan's wife?
3. What does Mistress allow Juan to do when she sees how disappointed he is about not being taught to paint?
4. What does Brother Isidro do when Juan starts to cry after the inventory?
5. What does Diego do when he finds one of the notes between Del Mazo and Paquita?
6. What does Diego say during one of the King's sittings that pleases the King?
7. What does the master in Madrid say to Juan when he wakes up?
8. What strange ability does Lolis have?
9. How does Juan describe the King?
10. What does Juan do when his mistress falls sick with the plague?
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances influence that character's involved in those scenes?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)