|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Juan describe Italy?
2. What is the Carmelo's occupation?
3. What does Gil Medina make?
4. Where does Juan ask permission to go one day while at the palace?
5. What word does Juan use to describe the slave girl's face while she is singing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Master say when Juan asks him to teach him to paint?
2. What does Juan find in the house when he wakes up after being sick with the plague?
3. Why does Diego refuse to teach Juan to paint?
4. What does the Carmelo do when he finds Juan in Madrid?
5. What does Brother Isidro do for Juan while he is sick with the plague?
6. What does Juan demand in return for his service to Don Dimas?
7. What does Juan do when his mistress falls sick with the plague?
8. How does Juan describe Italy?
9. What is Miri's worst fear, and how does this affect Juan?
10. What does the master in Madrid say to Juan when he wakes up?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances influence that character's involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)