|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Juan agree to serve Don Dimas?
2. Who owns the dainty slave girl?
3. Where does Don Diego live?
4. What is Juan given after his mother dies?
5. Who supplies tortured models for Gil Medina's work?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Diego refuse to teach Juan to paint?
2. What does the master in Madrid say to Juan when he wakes up?
3. What does Don Diego to do study while in Italy?
4. How does Juan describe Italy?
5. What is Juan told after waiting for the magistrate for hours?
6. Why can the blond man not enter Madrid with Juan?
7. What does Don Diego teach Juan about a blue brocade?
8. What is Miri's worst fear, and how does this affect Juan?
9. What does Juan find in the house when he wakes up after being sick with the plague?
10. What does the Carmelo do when he finds Juan in Madrid?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and describe their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Miri and Lolis are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite some support and, write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters.
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)