|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Don Diego give Juan to hide his possessions while he is in Northern Spain?
(a) A locked box.
(b) A jewelery box.
(c) A silk sack.
(d) A portfolio.
2. What does Bartolomy call Juan?
(a) Juan Amigo.
(d) Comrade Juan.
3. What does Juan want to ask of his master in return for healing his hand?
(a) To set free Lilly.
(b) To learn to paint.
(c) To be free himself.
(d) To marry Lolis.
4. Who is the first person Juan tries to get excited about Don Diego's talents?
(a) The Earl of Eastwhich.
(b) The Duke of Ponti.
(c) The Camerlengo.
(d) The High Cardinal.
5. What does Juan wear when his portrait is painted?
(a) His night clothes.
(b) Elaborate dressing gown.
(c) A suit borrowed from Don Diego.
(d) His every day clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. what is the King's wedding gift to Juan and Lolis?
2. What does Paquita ask Juan to send to her secret lover?
3. What job is Juan given after the problem of the painting is solved?
4. What does the King ask Don Diego to design for his sister's wedding?
5. What does Don Diego keep on hand in case of a visit from the King?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Don Diego send most of his apprentices, and why?
2. How does Lolis feel about being a slave?
3. What does Juan suggest Don Diego do to practice for his portrait of the Pope, and what is Don Diego's response to this?
4. What does Bartolomy say about the law against slaves painting?
5. What happens just after Juan and Don Diego get to Italy for the second time?
6. What has Juan just painted when he talks to Bartolomy, and what does Bartolomy say about this?
7. What does the King ask Juan to do before he leaves to Seville with Lolis?
8. What does Diego say during one of the King's sittings that pleases the King?
9. How does Juan get the Itallian nobles to recognize Don Diego's talent?
10. What task does the King give Don Diego to distract him from the grief of his wife and daughter's deaths?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)