|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Don Diego surprised about when he saw Bartolomy's art?
(a) It is honest and real.
(b) He does not need models.
(c) He paint angels from live models.
(d) He has captivating light.
2. Which of the following adjectives does Juan NOT use to describe the portrait of the Pope?
3. What does Juan want to ask of his master in return for healing his hand?
(a) To set free Lilly.
(b) To learn to paint.
(c) To marry Lolis.
(d) To be free himself.
4. What is Bartolomy's last name?
5. What special talent does the slave have that Mistress bought while Don Diego was in Italy?
(a) She is a healer.
(b) She can see the future.
(c) She can sense the weather changes.
(d) She can sing well.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who cares for Don Diego while he has his fever?
2. Who does Diego ask to guide his hand as he does a practice portrait while on his second trip in Italy?
3. What is in the picture that Juan places for the King to see?
4. What happened to Mistress while Juan and Don Diego were in Italy?
5. What does Don Diego give Juan to hide his possessions while he is in Northern Spain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the King do while he sits for his portraits?
2. What task does the King give Don Diego to distract him from the grief of his wife and daughter's deaths?
3. What does Don Diego tell Juan not to call him after he is freed, and what is Juan's response?
4. How does Lolis feel about being a slave?
5. What does Francisco Lezcano say to Juan about their similarities?
6. What impresses Don Diego about Bartolomy's art?
7. What does Diego do when he finds one of the notes between Del Mazo and Paquita?
8. How does Juan get the Itallian nobles to recognize Don Diego's talent?
9. What does the King do after Juan helps his favorite dog, and how does Juan feel about this?
10. What happens just after Juan and Don Diego get to Italy for the second time?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)