|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bartolomy call Juan?
(b) Comrade Juan.
(d) Juan Amigo.
2. What does Don Diego keep on hand in case of a visit from the King?
(a) Cakes and Wine.
(b) Wine and Cheese.
(c) Water and Bread.
(d) Cheese and Bread.
3. Who visits Don Diego after his wife dies?
(c) The King.
4. What does Juan see when he looks at the paintings of El Bobo?
(a) Kind eyes.
(b) Contentment and ignorance.
(c) Tragedy on his face.
(d) A soul enslaved.
5. What does Don Diego call Juan after the King leaves after the problem of the painting is solved?
(a) Juan Amigo.
(b) Comrade Juan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juan do when the King realizes Juan has done a painting?
2. Who is the first person Juan tries to get excited about Don Diego's talents?
3. What does Francisco Lezcano compare himself to while talking to Juan?
4. Who did the King want Diego to paint a portrait of on his second trip in Italy?
5. Where are Juan and Lolis married?
Short Essay Questions
1. What strange ability does Lolis have?
2. What does the King do after Juan helps his favorite dog, and how does Juan feel about this?
3. What task does the King give Don Diego to distract him from the grief of his wife and daughter's deaths?
4. What does Bartolomy say about the law against slaves painting?
5. What is Juan worried will be found while he is in Northern Spain with Don Diego, and what is done about this?
6. Where does Don Diego send most of his apprentices, and why?
7. What honor does the King give Don Diego after he dies?
8. How does Juan get the Itallian nobles to recognize Don Diego's talent?
9. What impresses Don Diego about Bartolomy's art?
10. What does Don Diego tell Juan not to call him after he is freed, and what is Juan's response?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)