|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Juan show the nobles to get them excited about Don Diego's talents?
(a) Tells them what a great artist he is.
(b) Shows them his portfolio.
(c) Shows them the portrait of himself.
(d) Reads a letter from the King of Spain.
2. Who did Juan promise to do something for if his master's returned wound would heal?
(b) The Doctor.
(c) A Saint.
(d) The Madonna.
3. What does Juan vow to do for Bartolomy?
(a) Give him the best of everything.
(b) Become more like him.
(c) Serve him as well as he can.
(d) Keep his secret.
4. What is Don Diego doing when Juan returns from his efforts to heal the returned wound?
5. What is Bartolomy's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juan do while Diego teaches apprentices?
2. Where does Don Diego send most of his apprentices when they are done?
3. What had Juan just painted when he talked to Bartolomy?
4. Who did the King want Diego to paint a portrait of on his second trip in Italy?
5. How long does it take for Don Diego's fever to break?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens just after Juan and Don Diego get to Italy for the second time?
2. What worries Juan about the portrait of the Pope?
3. What is Juan worried will be found while he is in Northern Spain with Don Diego, and what is done about this?
4. What did Juan do to help the King's favorite dog?
5. What impresses Don Diego about Bartolomy's art?
6. What does Bartolomy say about the law against slaves painting?
7. What does the King ask Juan to do before he leaves to Seville with Lolis?
8. How does Lolis feel about being a slave?
9. What does Murillo do after his time at Don Diego' house?
10. Where does Don Diego send most of his apprentices, and why?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)