|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Don Diego give Juan to hide his possessions while he is in Northern Spain?
(a) A portfolio.
(b) A locked box.
(c) A jewelery box.
(d) A silk sack.
2. What does Juan say he will always call Don Diego after the problem of the painting is solved?
3. Who does Diego ask to guide his hand as he does a practice portrait while on his second trip in Italy?
(c) His inner-artist.
(d) His daughter.
4. What does Juan do when the King realizes Juan has done a painting?
(a) Begs for mercy.
(b) Begins to cry.
(d) Admits to his secret hobby.
5. Who cares for Don Diego while he has his fever?
(a) Juan and Lolis.
(c) Dosa Juana.
(d) The King's physician.
Short Answer Questions
1. What special talent does the slave have that Mistress bought while Don Diego was in Italy?
2. What does Don Diego tell Juan as he is nursing his wound from the ship?
3. Where does Don Diego send most of his apprentices when they are done?
4. What does Diego paint a picture of after his daughter is engaged?
5. What does Diego find that tells him of his daughter's love affair?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Juan worried will be found while he is in Northern Spain with Don Diego, and what is done about this?
2. What impresses Don Diego about Bartolomy's art?
3. What did Juan do to help the King's favorite dog?
4. What does Paquita's mother do when she finds out about her daughter's relationship?
5. What strange ability does Lolis have?
6. What picture does Juan place among those of Don Diego's in the studio?
7. What does the King do while he sits for his portraits?
8. What does Juan suggest Don Diego do to practice for his portrait of the Pope, and what is Don Diego's response to this?
9. What has Juan just painted when he talks to Bartolomy, and what does Bartolomy say about this?
10. Where does Don Diego send most of his apprentices, and why?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)