|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paquita ask Juan to send to her secret lover?
(a) A small bible.
(b) A picture of herself.
(c) A ring.
(d) A red flower.
2. What does Juan want to ask of his master in return for healing his hand?
(a) To marry Lolis.
(b) To be free himself.
(c) To learn to paint.
(d) To set free Lilly.
3. How does Don Diego save Juan from imprisonment?
(a) He asks a favor of the King as a friend.
(b) He claims the painting as his own.
(c) He takes the punishment for himself.
(d) He frees him.
4. What was Don Diego surprised about when he saw Bartolomy's art?
(a) He does not need models.
(b) He paint angels from live models.
(c) It is honest and real.
(d) He has captivating light.
5. What happened to Mistress while Juan and Don Diego were in Italy?
(a) She was heavily taxed.
(b) She got sick.
(c) She broke her leg.
(d) The house was robbed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many rooms does Dosa Juana give Juan and Lolis when they are married?
2. Who was leery about Diego painting a portrait on his second trip in Italy?
3. What does Bartolomy say about the law against slaves painting?
4. What is Don Diego doing when Juan returns from his efforts to heal the returned wound?
5. What does Don Diego give Juan to hide his possessions while he is in Northern Spain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Juan just painted when he talks to Bartolomy, and what does Bartolomy say about this?
2. What does the King do after Juan helps his favorite dog, and how does Juan feel about this?
3. What impresses Don Diego about Bartolomy's art?
4. Where does Don Diego send most of his apprentices, and why?
5. What worries Juan about the portrait of the Pope?
6. What strange ability does Lolis have?
7. What is Juan worried will be found while he is in Northern Spain with Don Diego, and what is done about this?
8. What happens when Lolis is asked to be Juan's wife?
9. What does Diego do when he finds one of the notes between Del Mazo and Paquita?
10. What does Don Diego do to save Juan when his painting is discovered by the King?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)