|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many rooms does Dosa Juana give Juan and Lolis when they are married?
2. How long does Murillo stay with don Diego?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 3 years.
3. What does Bartolomy call Juan?
(a) Comrade Juan.
(d) Juan Amigo.
4. Who did the King want Diego to paint a portrait of on his second trip in Italy?
(a) His sister.
(b) The Pope.
(c) A saint.
(d) His daughter.
5. What does Juan vow to do for Bartolomy?
(a) Become more like him.
(b) Give him the best of everything.
(c) Keep his secret.
(d) Serve him as well as he can.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the King ask Don Diego to design something for his sister's wedding?
2. What does Bartolomy say about the law against slaves painting?
3. What does Juan see when he looks at the paintings of El Bobo?
4. What sin does Bartolomy say Juan should confess?
5. What is Bartolomy's last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Don Diego do to save Juan when his painting is discovered by the King?
2. What happens just after Juan and Don Diego get to Italy for the second time?
3. What is Juan worried will be found while he is in Northern Spain with Don Diego, and what is done about this?
4. What does Diego do when he finds one of the notes between Del Mazo and Paquita?
5. What task does the King give Don Diego to distract him from the grief of his wife and daughter's deaths?
6. What impresses Don Diego about Bartolomy's art?
7. What does Juan suggest Don Diego do to practice for his portrait of the Pope, and what is Don Diego's response to this?
8. What does Diego say during one of the King's sittings that pleases the King?
9. What honor does the King give Don Diego after he dies?
10. How does Juan get the Itallian nobles to recognize Don Diego's talent?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)