|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who visits Don Diego after his wife dies?
(c) The King.
2. How does Paquita die?
(a) She is murdered.
(b) The Plague.
3. Who cares for Don Diego while he has his fever?
(a) Dosa Juana.
(b) The King's physician.
(d) Juan and Lolis.
4. What is Don Diego doing when Juan returns from his efforts to heal the returned wound?
5. What does Bartolomy say about the law against slaves painting?
(a) It is unjust.
(b) It was decreed by the Pope.
(c) It is no longer well heeded.
(d) It is there for a reason.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the picture that Juan places for the King to see?
2. What had Juan just painted when he talked to Bartolomy?
3. What does the King not require while he is in the studio with Don Diego?
4. What does Juan say he will always call Don Diego after the problem of the painting is solved?
5. What does Juan do when the wound from the ship returns to Don Diego?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Paquita's mother do when she finds out about her daughter's relationship?
2. How does Lolis feel about being a slave?
3. What strange ability does Lolis have?
4. What worries Juan about the portrait of the Pope?
5. What is Juan worried will be found while he is in Northern Spain with Don Diego, and what is done about this?
6. What happens while Juan and Don Diego are sailing for Italy the second time?
7. What does Juan suggest Don Diego do to practice for his portrait of the Pope, and what is Don Diego's response to this?
8. What does Diego say during one of the King's sittings that pleases the King?
9. What does the King do while he sits for his portraits?
10. What does the King do after Juan helps his favorite dog, and how does Juan feel about this?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)