|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Diego paint a picture of after his daughter is engaged?
(b) A flowering tree.
(c) His daughters as babies.
(d) His wife.
2. How often does Bartolomy take Communion?
(b) Bi weekly.
(c) Bi Monthly.
3. How does Diego feel about Olivares?
(a) He has real affection for him.
(b) He is intimidated by him.
(c) He thinks him polite and stupid.
(d) He finds him crude and cruel.
4. Who does Diego paint a picture of to practice for the big portrait he was sent to Italy for?
(a) A Cardinal.
(d) A peasant.
5. What is Don Diego doing while on his trip to Northern Spain?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paquita ask Juan to send to her secret lover?
2. How is Don Diego wounded on a ship?
3. What was wrong with the King's favorite dog?
4. How long after Paquita's wedding does Don Diego go to Northern Spain?
5. How does the King feel about Juan?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lolis feel about being a slave?
2. What impresses Don Diego about Bartolomy's art?
3. What honor does the King give Don Diego after he dies?
4. What does Paquita's mother do when she finds out about her daughter's relationship?
5. What does the King ask Juan to do before he leaves to Seville with Lolis?
6. What picture does Juan place among those of Don Diego's in the studio?
7. What does Diego say during one of the King's sittings that pleases the King?
8. What happens while Juan and Don Diego are sailing for Italy the second time?
9. What does Murillo do after his time at Don Diego' house?
10. Where does Don Diego send most of his apprentices, and why?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)