|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often does Bartolomy take Communion?
(c) Bi weekly.
(d) Bi Monthly.
2. What does Francisco Lezcano compare himself to while talking to Juan?
(a) An angel.
(b) A devil.
(c) A child.
(d) A dog.
3. Who did Juan promise to do something for if his master's returned wound would heal?
(a) The Doctor.
(b) The Madonna.
(c) A Saint.
4. Who cares for Don Diego while he has his fever?
(b) The King's physician.
(c) Dosa Juana.
(d) Juan and Lolis.
5. What does Juan promise to do if his Master's returned wound is healed?
(a) Serve better.
(b) Destroy his paintings.
(c) Pay some of his ducats from the King.
(d) Reveal his painting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juan see when he looks at the paintings of El Bobo?
2. How long does Murillo stay with don Diego?
3. Who does Don Diego have to ask about Lolis becoming Juan's wife?
4. Who visits Don Diego after his wife dies?
5. What special talent does the slave have that Mistress bought while Don Diego was in Italy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What impresses Don Diego about Bartolomy's art?
2. What strange ability does Lolis have?
3. What task does the King give Don Diego to distract him from the grief of his wife and daughter's deaths?
4. What does Diego say during one of the King's sittings that pleases the King?
5. What does Bartolomy say about the law against slaves painting?
6. What does Don Diego do to save Juan when his painting is discovered by the King?
7. What does Diego do when he finds one of the notes between Del Mazo and Paquita?
8. What does Don Diego tell Juan not to call him after he is freed, and what is Juan's response?
9. How does Juan get the Itallian nobles to recognize Don Diego's talent?
10. What happens while Juan and Don Diego are sailing for Italy the second time?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)