|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Juan do when the wound from the ship returns to Don Diego?
(a) Summons a doctor.
(b) Finds some herbs.
(d) Writes a vow.
2. Which of the following adjectives does Juan NOT use to describe the portrait of the Pope?
3. What does Bartolomy call Juan?
(b) Comrade Juan.
(d) Juan Amigo.
4. What does Juan's painting remind the King of?
(a) His merciful nature.
(b) Juan's first time at a banquet.
(c) His late daughter's laughter.
(d) When Juan cured his dog.
5. What does Don Diego keep on hand in case of a visit from the King?
(a) Water and Bread.
(b) Wine and Cheese.
(c) Cakes and Wine.
(d) Cheese and Bread.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juan want to ask of his master in return for healing his hand?
2. What had Juan just painted when he talked to Bartolomy?
3. What is Bartolomy's last name?
4. What does Don Diego give Juan to hide his possessions while he is in Northern Spain?
5. What sin does Bartolomy say Juan should confess?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Juan do to help the King's favorite dog?
2. What picture does Juan place among those of Don Diego's in the studio?
3. Where does Don Diego send most of his apprentices, and why?
4. What honor does the King give Don Diego after he dies?
5. What does Paquita's mother do when she finds out about her daughter's relationship?
6. How does Juan get the Itallian nobles to recognize Don Diego's talent?
7. What does the King give Juan when Don Diego dies?
8. How does Lolis feel about being a slave?
9. What does Don Diego do to save Juan when his painting is discovered by the King?
10. What is Juan worried will be found while he is in Northern Spain with Don Diego, and what is done about this?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)