|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in the picture that Juan places for the King to see?
(a) The King's hunting dog.
(b) The King's daughter.
(c) His self portrait.
(d) The black Madonna.
2. What does Juan wear when his portrait is painted?
(a) Elaborate dressing gown.
(b) His night clothes.
(c) His every day clothes.
(d) A suit borrowed from Don Diego.
3. What does Diego paint a picture of after his daughter is engaged?
(a) A flowering tree.
(b) His daughters as babies.
(d) His wife.
4. What does Juan want to ask of his master in return for healing his hand?
(a) To be free himself.
(b) To set free Lilly.
(c) To marry Lolis.
(d) To learn to paint.
5. How does Diego feel about the King?
(a) He has real affection for him.
(b) He finds him crude and cruel.
(c) He thinks him polite and stupid.
(d) He is intimidated by him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the King do while sitting for his paintings?
2. What does Juan promise to do if his Master's returned wound is healed?
3. What happened to Mistress while Juan and Don Diego were in Italy?
4. How does Juan describe Don Diego's funeral?
5. What is unique about El Bobo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What strange ability does Lolis have?
2. What happens when Lolis is asked to be Juan's wife?
3. What does Don Diego do to save Juan when his painting is discovered by the King?
4. What does Don Diego tell Juan not to call him after he is freed, and what is Juan's response?
5. What does the King ask Juan to do before he leaves to Seville with Lolis?
6. What does Francisco Lezcano say to Juan about their similarities?
7. What happens while Juan and Don Diego are sailing for Italy the second time?
8. What does the King do while he sits for his portraits?
9. What impresses Don Diego about Bartolomy's art?
10. What did Juan do to help the King's favorite dog?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)