|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job is Juan given after the problem of the painting is solved?
(a) Apprentice Painter.
(b) Household worker.
(c) Don Diego's assistant.
(d) Tannery assistant.
2. What does Juan wear when his portrait is painted?
(a) His night clothes.
(b) His every day clothes.
(c) A suit borrowed from Don Diego.
(d) Elaborate dressing gown.
3. Who cured the King's favorite dog of his ailment?
(a) The King.
(b) Don Diego.
4. What does Diego say the King was sent to earth to do?
(a) Speak to his subjects.
(b) Listen to his subjects.
(c) Rule with quiet honor.
(d) Dispense justice.
5. What does Don Diego tell Juan as he is nursing his wound from the ship?
(a) He can ask what he wants of him.
(b) He is the best friend he has ever had.
(c) He can do what he wants till he is cured.
(d) He is a good slave with a pure heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Juan describe Don Diego's funeral?
2. What does Paquita ask Juan to send to her secret lover?
3. What does Juan's painting remind the King of?
4. What sin does Bartolomy say Juan should confess?
5. What does the King ask Don Diego to design for his sister's wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Francisco Lezcano say to Juan about their similarities?
2. What honor does the King give Don Diego after he dies?
3. Where does Don Diego send most of his apprentices, and why?
4. What does Bartolomy say about the law against slaves painting?
5. What picture does Juan place among those of Don Diego's in the studio?
6. What happens just after Juan and Don Diego get to Italy for the second time?
7. What worries Juan about the portrait of the Pope?
8. What impresses Don Diego about Bartolomy's art?
9. How does Juan get the Itallian nobles to recognize Don Diego's talent?
10. What does Diego say during one of the King's sittings that pleases the King?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)