|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Juan just painted when he talked to Bartolomy?
(a) His mother's face.
(b) A black Madonna.
(c) A nude woman.
(d) An African angel.
2. What does Don Diego tell Juan as he is nursing his wound from the ship?
(a) He is the best friend he has ever had.
(b) He is a good slave with a pure heart.
(c) He can ask what he wants of him.
(d) He can do what he wants till he is cured.
3. How long does Murillo stay with don Diego?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 2 years.
4. How is Don Diego wounded on a ship?
(a) His hand gets scratched and infected.
(b) His finger is smashed.
(c) His ankle is broken.
(d) He gets a cut on his head.
5. How often does Bartolomy take Communion?
(a) Bi Monthly.
(b) Bi weekly.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take for Don Diego's fever to break?
2. Where does Don Diego send most of his apprentices when they are done?
3. What does the King do while sitting for his paintings?
4. How long after Paquita's wedding does Don Diego go to Northern Spain?
5. What does Juan vow to do for Bartolomy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Juan just painted when he talks to Bartolomy, and what does Bartolomy say about this?
2. What is Juan worried will be found while he is in Northern Spain with Don Diego, and what is done about this?
3. What does Juan suggest Don Diego do to practice for his portrait of the Pope, and what is Don Diego's response to this?
4. What worries Juan about the portrait of the Pope?
5. What impresses Don Diego about Bartolomy's art?
6. What does Diego say during one of the King's sittings that pleases the King?
7. What does the King do after Juan helps his favorite dog, and how does Juan feel about this?
8. How does Lolis feel about being a slave?
9. What happens while Juan and Don Diego are sailing for Italy the second time?
10. What task does the King give Don Diego to distract him from the grief of his wife and daughter's deaths?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)