|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was leery about Diego painting a portrait on his second trip in Italy?
(a) An artist from the Vatican.
(b) Itallian nobles.
(c) The Queen.
(d) The Pope.
2. What was wrong with the King's favorite dog?
(a) Ear infection.
(b) Hurt leg.
(d) Liver ailment.
3. Why does Juan say he no longer takes Communion?
(a) He is guilty about his painting.
(b) His master asked him not to.
(c) He has not thought about it.
(d) He feels unworthy.
4. What is Bartolomy's last name?
5. Why does the King ask Don Diego to design something for his sister's wedding?
(a) To cheer him up.
(b) To get the best for his sister.
(c) To give him financial aid.
(d) To distract him.
Short Answer Questions
1. what is the King's wedding gift to Juan and Lolis?
2. What does Don Diego keep on hand in case of a visit from the King?
3. What does Bartolomy say he paints?
4. What was Don Diego surprised about when he saw Bartolomy's art?
5. What does Diego find that tells him of his daughter's love affair?
Short Essay Questions
1. What strange ability does Lolis have?
2. What does the King do while he sits for his portraits?
3. What does Diego do when he finds one of the notes between Del Mazo and Paquita?
4. What does the King do after Juan helps his favorite dog, and how does Juan feel about this?
5. What does Juan suggest Don Diego do to practice for his portrait of the Pope, and what is Don Diego's response to this?
6. What does Bartolomy say about the law against slaves painting?
7. What does Murillo do after his time at Don Diego' house?
8. What happens when Lolis is asked to be Juan's wife?
9. What does Don Diego tell Juan not to call him after he is freed, and what is Juan's response?
10. What is Juan worried will be found while he is in Northern Spain with Don Diego, and what is done about this?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)