|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the King ask Don Diego to design something for his sister's wedding?
(a) To get the best for his sister.
(b) To give him financial aid.
(c) To cheer him up.
(d) To distract him.
2. What does Bartolomy call Juan?
(a) Juan Amigo.
(c) Comrade Juan.
3. What had Juan just painted when he talked to Bartolomy?
(a) His mother's face.
(b) A black Madonna.
(c) A nude woman.
(d) An African angel.
4. What is the name of the apprentice in love with Paquita?
(a) Juan Bautista.
(b) Paco Del Rico.
(c) Jesus Del Mazo.
(d) Pedro Rodriguez.
5. What does the King not require while he is in the studio with Don Diego?
(a) Fine clothing.
(b) The usual formalities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Don Diego doing when Juan returns from his efforts to heal the returned wound?
2. Who is the first person Juan tries to get excited about Don Diego's talents?
3. What happened to Mistress while Juan and Don Diego were in Italy?
4. Where is Bertolomy from?
5. How does the Pope feel about the portrait Don Diego paints of him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bartolomy say about the law against slaves painting?
2. What does Diego do when he finds one of the notes between Del Mazo and Paquita?
3. Where does Don Diego send most of his apprentices, and why?
4. What happens just after Juan and Don Diego get to Italy for the second time?
5. What does Paquita's mother do when she finds out about her daughter's relationship?
6. What does the King do after Juan helps his favorite dog, and how does Juan feel about this?
7. What does Don Diego do to save Juan when his painting is discovered by the King?
8. What does the King ask Juan to do before he leaves to Seville with Lolis?
9. What honor does the King give Don Diego after he dies?
10. What does Francisco Lezcano say to Juan about their similarities?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)