|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bartolomy call Juan?
(a) Juan Amigo.
(c) Comrade Juan.
2. What does the King not require while he is in the studio with Don Diego?
(a) Fine clothing.
(c) The usual formalities.
3. What sin does Bartolomy say Juan should confess?
(b) Hiding his art.
(c) Stealing paints.
(d) Lying to his mistress.
4. How does Diego feel about Olivares?
(a) He finds him crude and cruel.
(b) He thinks him polite and stupid.
(c) He is intimidated by him.
(d) He has real affection for him.
5. What is in the picture that Juan places for the King to see?
(a) The King's daughter.
(b) The black Madonna.
(c) The King's hunting dog.
(d) His self portrait.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juan show the nobles to get them excited about Don Diego's talents?
2. What does Don Diego call Juan after the King leaves after the problem of the painting is solved?
3. Who does Don Diego have to ask about Lolis becoming Juan's wife?
4. Why does Francisco Lezcano think he is a slave?
5. Why does Juan say he no longer takes Communion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the King do while he sits for his portraits?
2. How does Lolis feel about being a slave?
3. What does Don Diego do to save Juan when his painting is discovered by the King?
4. What worries Juan about the portrait of the Pope?
5. What is Juan worried will be found while he is in Northern Spain with Don Diego, and what is done about this?
6. What task does the King give Don Diego to distract him from the grief of his wife and daughter's deaths?
7. What does the King give Juan when Don Diego dies?
8. What strange ability does Lolis have?
9. What does Bartolomy say about the law against slaves painting?
10. What picture does Juan place among those of Don Diego's in the studio?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)