|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the King ask Don Diego to design something for his sister's wedding?
(a) To get the best for his sister.
(b) To cheer him up.
(c) To distract him.
(d) To give him financial aid.
2. Who was leery about Diego painting a portrait on his second trip in Italy?
(a) The Queen.
(b) Itallian nobles.
(c) An artist from the Vatican.
(d) The Pope.
3. What is the name of the apprentice in love with Paquita?
(a) Pedro Rodriguez.
(b) Jesus Del Mazo.
(c) Juan Bautista.
(d) Paco Del Rico.
4. How long does Murillo stay with don Diego?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 4 years.
5. What sin does Bartolomy say Juan should confess?
(a) Stealing paints.
(c) Lying to his mistress.
(d) Hiding his art.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person Juan tries to get excited about Don Diego's talents?
2. How does the King feel about Don Diego's solution to the problem?
3. How is Don Diego wounded on a ship?
4. Who did the King want Diego to paint a portrait of on his second trip in Italy?
5. How does the Pope feel about the portrait Don Diego paints of him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the King do after Juan helps his favorite dog, and how does Juan feel about this?
2. What does Murillo do after his time at Don Diego' house?
3. How does Lolis feel about being a slave?
4. What does Don Diego tell Juan not to call him after he is freed, and what is Juan's response?
5. What is Juan worried will be found while he is in Northern Spain with Don Diego, and what is done about this?
6. What task does the King give Don Diego to distract him from the grief of his wife and daughter's deaths?
7. What did Juan do to help the King's favorite dog?
8. What does the King give Juan when Don Diego dies?
9. Where does Don Diego send most of his apprentices, and why?
10. What picture does Juan place among those of Don Diego's in the studio?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)