|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Don Diego give Juan to hide his possessions while he is in Northern Spain?
(a) A locked box.
(b) A portfolio.
(c) A silk sack.
(d) A jewelery box.
2. What does Juan promise to do if his Master's returned wound is healed?
(a) Destroy his paintings.
(b) Pay some of his ducats from the King.
(c) Reveal his painting.
(d) Serve better.
3. What does Bartolomy say he paints?
(a) What his dreams show him.
(b) What is holy in each person.
(c) What he sees.
(d) What he wishes he saw.
4. How does Diego feel about the King?
(a) He is intimidated by him.
(b) He thinks him polite and stupid.
(c) He finds him crude and cruel.
(d) He has real affection for him.
5. Who did the King want Diego to paint a portrait of on his second trip in Italy?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His sister.
(c) The Pope.
(d) A saint.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Diego paint a picture of after his daughter is engaged?
2. What does Juan do when the King realizes Juan has done a painting?
3. How long does Murillo stay with don Diego?
4. How is Don Diego wounded on a ship?
5. what is the King's wedding gift to Juan and Lolis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Lolis is asked to be Juan's wife?
2. How does Juan get the Itallian nobles to recognize Don Diego's talent?
3. What picture does Juan place among those of Don Diego's in the studio?
4. What happens while Juan and Don Diego are sailing for Italy the second time?
5. What does Don Diego tell Juan not to call him after he is freed, and what is Juan's response?
6. What honor does the King give Don Diego after he dies?
7. What does Francisco Lezcano say to Juan about their similarities?
8. What does Paquita's mother do when she finds out about her daughter's relationship?
9. What did Juan do to help the King's favorite dog?
10. What does Diego say during one of the King's sittings that pleases the King?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)