|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Don Diego call Juan after the King leaves after the problem of the painting is solved?
(a) Comrade Juan.
(c) Juan Amigo.
2. What does the King not require while he is in the studio with Don Diego?
(b) The usual formalities.
(c) Fine clothing.
3. What does Diego's wife say being married to a painter has been like?
(b) A long journey.
(d) A constant adventure.
4. How often does Bartolomy take Communion?
(c) Bi weekly.
(d) Bi Monthly.
5. What does Juan do when the wound from the ship returns to Don Diego?
(a) Writes a vow.
(c) Finds some herbs.
(d) Summons a doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person Juan tries to get excited about Don Diego's talents?
2. How does Don Diego save Juan from imprisonment?
3. How does Diego feel about Olivares?
4. Who was leery about Diego painting a portrait on his second trip in Italy?
5. How does Paquita die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Juan suggest Don Diego do to practice for his portrait of the Pope, and what is Don Diego's response to this?
2. What does Bartolomy say about the law against slaves painting?
3. What did Juan do to help the King's favorite dog?
4. What does Don Diego tell Juan not to call him after he is freed, and what is Juan's response?
5. Where does Don Diego send most of his apprentices, and why?
6. What does Diego do when he finds one of the notes between Del Mazo and Paquita?
7. What happens when Lolis is asked to be Juan's wife?
8. What does Francisco Lezcano say to Juan about their similarities?
9. What happens just after Juan and Don Diego get to Italy for the second time?
10. What does Diego say during one of the King's sittings that pleases the King?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)