|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Juan worried will be found while he is traveling to Northern Spain with Don Diego?
(a) His mother's jewelery.
(b) His love letters.
(c) His paintings.
(d) His saved money.
2. What does Don Diego call Juan after the King leaves after the problem of the painting is solved?
(a) Juan Amigo.
(c) Comrade Juan.
3. Why does Juan say he no longer takes Communion?
(a) His master asked him not to.
(b) He is guilty about his painting.
(c) He has not thought about it.
(d) He feels unworthy.
4. What had Juan just painted when he talked to Bartolomy?
(a) An African angel.
(b) A black Madonna.
(c) His mother's face.
(d) A nude woman.
5. How does Paquita die?
(a) The Plague.
(d) She is murdered.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Diego ask to guide his hand as he does a practice portrait while on his second trip in Italy?
2. What does Juan say he will always call Don Diego after the problem of the painting is solved?
3. what is the King's wedding gift to Juan and Lolis?
4. How does Diego feel about Olivares?
5. What job is Juan given after the problem of the painting is solved?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Diego say during one of the King's sittings that pleases the King?
2. How does Lolis feel about being a slave?
3. What is Juan worried will be found while he is in Northern Spain with Don Diego, and what is done about this?
4. What does Don Diego tell Juan not to call him after he is freed, and what is Juan's response?
5. What picture does Juan place among those of Don Diego's in the studio?
6. What does Paquita's mother do when she finds out about her daughter's relationship?
7. What task does the King give Don Diego to distract him from the grief of his wife and daughter's deaths?
8. What worries Juan about the portrait of the Pope?
9. What does Diego do when he finds one of the notes between Del Mazo and Paquita?
10. What does Juan suggest Don Diego do to practice for his portrait of the Pope, and what is Don Diego's response to this?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)