|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Juan woken up the morning of his journey to Madrid?
(a) The rooster crowing.
(b) Gentle tapping.
(c) Cold water is dumped on him.
(d) A kick to the side.
2. What does Carmelo like to do around a camp fire?
(a) Sing and dance.
(b) Tell stories.
(d) Drink and smoke.
3. What word does Juan use to describe the slave girl's face while she is singing?
4. How long is Diego at the palace before he sees the King?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 2 months.
5. What is the name of the apprentice sent to the palace with Diego?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is held to honor Reubens?
2. What happened to Juan's earring?
3. Who does the Mistress say will be joining Diego's household after Juan asks to be taught to paint?
4. What is Don Dimas's occupation?
5. What does Juan ask of Dosa Trini while he is running errands?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Juan describe Italy?
2. Why does Diego refuse to teach Juan to paint?
3. What does Mistress say when she sees that Juan is in love?
4. What does the Carmelo do when he finds Juan in Madrid?
5. What does Mistress allow Juan to do when she sees how disappointed he is about not being taught to paint?
6. How does Juan describe the first portrait Diego paints of the King?
7. How does Don Medina say he makes his crucifixes so realistic?
8. What happens when Juan brings a message to Reubens' house from Don Diego?
9. What sad news do Juan and Diego receive when they return home?
10. How does Brother Isidro say he sees Juan?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)