|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Juan say Italy as a country is devoted to?
(c) The Pope.
2. What does Juan do while working for Don Dimas?
(a) Feeds the chickens.
(b) Tends his sick son.
(c) Pulls loaves out of the oven.
(d) Counts horseshoes.
3. What is Juan forced to do while the house is inventoried?
(a) Be a scribe.
(b) List off the values.
(c) Sit on a hard bench.
4. What does Brother Isidro do the last time Juan sees him?
(a) Crosses himself.
(b) Blesses him.
(c) Waves to him.
(d) Kisses him.
5. What is held to honor Reubens?
(a) A ceremony.
(b) A parade.
(c) A ball.
(d) A banquet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will Diego's family stay while Diego is in Italy?
2. What color robes do the Franciscan brothers wear?
3. How old is Juan when his mother died?
4. What does Diego say art should be?
5. Who supplies tortured models for Gil Medina's work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Juan do when his mistress falls sick with the plague?
2. How does Juan describe the first portrait Diego paints of the King?
3. What does Juan find in the house when he wakes up after being sick with the plague?
4. What is Juan told after waiting for the magistrate for hours?
5. What does Master say when Juan asks him to teach him to paint?
6. Why can the blond man not enter Madrid with Juan?
7. What does Diego say is the difference between the light in Spain and Italy?
8. What does the Carmelo do when he finds Juan in Madrid?
9. What did Don Diego say Art was meant to be?
10. What does Brother Isidro do for Juan while he is sick with the plague?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)