|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is held to honor Reubens?
(a) A ball.
(b) A parade.
(c) A banquet.
(d) A ceremony.
2. What word does Juan use to describe the slave girl's face while she is singing?
3. What is Dosa Trini's occupation?
(a) Lace maker.
(c) Milk maid.
4. Why are the Franciscan brothers so poor?
(a) Their crops failed.
(b) They were taxed too heavily.
(c) They were robbed.
(d) They give away everything they have.
5. Which of the following is NOT one of Juan's duties to help Diego?
(a) Prepare canvases.
(b) Clean paintbrushes.
(c) Model for portraits.
(d) Grind colors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disrupts Diego's work at the palace?
2. What does Juan say Italy as a country is devoted to?
3. What does Brother Isidro feed Juan after the inventory?
4. Where will Juan be helping his new master?
5. How old is Juan when he learns to read?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Diego refuse to teach Juan to paint?
2. How is Juan told to eat while he is on his journey to Madrid?
3. What does Master say when Juan asks him to teach him to paint?
4. Where does Juan go after his mistress dies?
5. What does Brother Isidro do when Juan starts to cry after the inventory?
6. How does Juan describe the first portrait Diego paints of the King?
7. What does Juan do when his mistress falls sick with the plague?
8. How does Don Medina say he makes his crucifixes so realistic?
9. What does the master in Madrid say to Juan when he wakes up?
10. What does the Carmelo do when he finds Juan in Madrid?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)