|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Juan use to describe the slave girl's face while she is singing?
2. What does Juan eat when he wakes up while sick with the plague?
(a) A grape.
(b) A peach.
(c) An orange.
(d) A banana.
3. What color robes do the Franciscan brothers wear?
4. How old is Juan when he learns to read?
5. Where does Juan ask permission to go one day while at the palace?
(a) The market.
(c) The lake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Juan see the first notice about the plague?
2. What color is the King's hair?
3. Where does Brother Isidro take Juan after the inventory?
4. How long does Juan agree to serve Don Dimas?
5. Where is Peter Paul Reubens from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Murillo do after his time at Don Diego' house?
2. What does Diego say during one of the King's sittings that pleases the King?
3. Why is Juan so touched by Murillo's kindness at the end of the book?
4. What has Juan just painted when he talks to Bartolomy, and what does Bartolomy say about this?
5. What honor does the King give Don Diego after he dies?
6. Why can the blond man not enter Madrid with Juan?
7. What does Bartolomy say about the law against slaves painting?
8. What strange ability does Lolis have?
9. What does Brother Isidro do when Juan starts to cry after the inventory?
10. What does Francisco Lezcano say to Juan about their similarities?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)