|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Juan see the first notice about the plague?
(a) The church.
(b) Don Diego's house.
(c) The newspaper.
(d) The bakery.
2. How did Mistress feel about Master?
(a) She was afraid of him.
(b) She was hateful towards him.
(c) She was hardly aware of him.
(d) She was devoted to him.
3. What does Juan do after the house is inventoried?
(c) Screams in anger.
4. What does Gil Medina make?
(c) Religious images.
(d) Blown glass ornaments.
5. Where does Brother Isidro take Juan after the inventory?
(a) Diego's house.
(b) An orphanage.
(c) The hospital.
(d) The monastery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Diego say art should be?
2. What does Carmelo like to do around a camp fire?
3. What does Brother Isidro do the last time Juan sees him?
4. Who teaches Juan to read?
5. What does Juan do while he waits for the magistrate to see him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What worries Juan about the portrait of the Pope?
2. What does Don Diego tell Juan not to call him after he is freed, and what is Juan's response?
3. What does Juan do when he first gets to Seville?
4. What happens when Lolis is asked to be Juan's wife?
5. What does the King do after Juan helps his favorite dog, and how does Juan feel about this?
6. What task does the King give Don Diego to distract him from the grief of his wife and daughter's deaths?
7. What is Miri's worst fear, and how does this affect Juan?
8. What does Juan do when his mistress falls sick with the plague?
9. What does Don Diego do to save Juan when his painting is discovered by the King?
10. What does Murillo do after his time at Don Diego' house?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)