|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Juan given after his mother dies?
(a) Some hoop earings.
(b) A bracelet.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A ring.
2. What does Juan do after the house is inventoried?
(b) Screams in anger.
3. What word does Juan use to describe the slave girl's face while she is singing?
4. What does Juan ask of Dosa Trini while he is running errands?
(a) Some colored pencils.
(b) A kitten.
(c) A book.
(d) An extra spool of thread.
5. What does Diego say when Juan asks to learn how to paint?
(a) He cannot teach Juan.
(b) He needs his services elsewhere.
(c) He does not have time.
(d) He does not teach.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of Juan's duties to help Diego?
2. What does Brother Isidro do the last time Juan sees him?
3. What instrument does the dainty slave girl play?
4. How does Juan get most of his food while on his journey to Madrid?
5. What does Diego say art should be?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Juan describe the King?
2. Where does Juan go after his mistress dies?
3. How does Don Medina say he makes his crucifixes so realistic?
4. What did Don Diego say Art was meant to be?
5. How is Juan told to eat while he is on his journey to Madrid?
6. How does Juan describe his first sight of Miri?
7. What does the Carmelo do when he finds Juan in Madrid?
8. What does Mistress allow Juan to do when she sees how disappointed he is about not being taught to paint?
9. What does Don Diego teach Juan about a blue brocade?
10. How does Brother Isidro say he sees Juan?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)