|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the slave girl's worst fear?
(a) She will be a burden to her mistress.
(b) She will die.
(c) She will be sold.
(d) She will never find love.
2. In what country was the dainty slave girl raised
3. What is Juan given after his mother dies?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A bracelet.
(c) A ring.
(d) Some hoop earings.
4. What disrupts Diego's work at the palace?
(a) The guards.
(b) The weather.
(c) His wife.
(d) His daughters.
5. Where does Juan stand while Reubens is being honored?
(a) At the back of the room.
(b) In the wings.
(c) Behind his master's chair.
(d) Beside the king.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brother Isidro do the last time Juan sees him?
2. Who shows Juan how to do the hardest task he is assigned for Don Diego?
3. What is the name of Juan's mother?
4. What does Brother Isidro feed Juan after the inventory?
5. What does Don Dimas ask of Juan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Carmelo do when he finds Juan in Madrid?
2. What does Brother Isidro do for Juan while he is sick with the plague?
3. What does Mistress say when she sees that Juan is in love?
4. What does Brother Isidro do when Juan starts to cry after the inventory?
5. What does Juan demand in return for his service to Don Dimas?
6. How does Juan describe his first sight of Miri?
7. Why can the blond man not enter Madrid with Juan?
8. How does Don Medina say he makes his crucifixes so realistic?
9. Where does Juan go after his mistress dies?
10. How does Juan describe Italy?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)