|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Juan say the dainty slave girl introduced into his life?
2. Who talks with Diego before the King comes to see him?
3. What does Juan do while working for Don Dimas?
(a) Feeds the chickens.
(b) Tends his sick son.
(c) Counts horseshoes.
(d) Pulls loaves out of the oven.
4. What does Juan say the King is hoping for?
(d) A Legacy.
5. Where does Juan see the first notice about the plague?
(a) The bakery.
(b) Don Diego's house.
(c) The church.
(d) The newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Don Dimas's occupation?
2. What does Juan say is on every corner of Italy?
3. What does Juan do after the house is inventoried?
4. What does Juan's mistress give him money for after his mother dies?
5. Where does Don Diego live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sad news do Juan and Diego receive when they return home?
2. What does Juan do when his mistress falls sick with the plague?
3. How does Juan describe the first portrait Diego paints of the King?
4. Why can the blond man not enter Madrid with Juan?
5. How does Brother Isidro say he sees Juan?
6. How does Juan describe his first sight of Miri?
7. How does Juan describe Italy?
8. What is Juan told after waiting for the magistrate for hours?
9. What does Juan demand in return for his service to Don Dimas?
10. What does Diego say is the difference between the light in Spain and Italy?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)