|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Juan say is on every corner of Italy?
(d) Food vendors.
2. What is the name of Juan's mother?
3. Where does Don Diego live?
4. How long does Juan agree to serve Don Dimas?
(a) 10 days.
(b) 40 days.
(c) 30 days.
(d) 20 days.
5. What does Juan do while he waits for the magistrate to see him?
(a) Sits in the hall.
(b) Draws in the dust.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the person who speaks with Diego before the King comes to see him?
2. What does Brother Isidro feed Juan after the inventory?
3. Which of the following is NOT one of Juan's duties to help Diego?
4. What is Don Dimas's occupation?
5. How long does Juan stay at the convent?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Master say when Juan asks him to teach him to paint?
2. What sad news do Juan and Diego receive when they return home?
3. How does Juan describe Italy?
4. How does Juan describe the first portrait Diego paints of the King?
5. What does Don Diego teach Juan about a blue brocade?
6. What happens when Juan brings a message to Reubens' house from Don Diego?
7. What does Juan do when his mistress falls sick with the plague?
8. Why can the blond man not enter Madrid with Juan?
9. What is Miri's worst fear, and how does this affect Juan?
10. What does Brother Isidro do when Juan starts to cry after the inventory?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)