|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Don Diego commissioned to paint for the King?
(a) A landscape of the King's forest.
(b) A portrait of the princess.
(c) A portrait of the King.
(d) An image of the castle.
2. What is the name of the dainty slave girl Juan admires?
3. How far does Juan travel the first day of his journey to Madrid?
(a) 15 miles.
(b) 10 miles.
(c) 20 miles.
(d) 5 miles.
4. What does Juan say the King is hoping for?
(a) A Legacy.
5. What disrupts Diego's work at the palace?
(a) His wife.
(b) The weather.
(c) His daughters.
(d) The guards.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Juan woken up the morning of his journey to Madrid?
2. What is Don Diego's occupation?
3. Where is Peter Paul Reubens from?
4. What happened to Juan's earring?
5. What does Carmelo like to do around a camp fire?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mistress say when she sees that Juan is in love?
2. How is Juan told to eat while he is on his journey to Madrid?
3. What does Juan do when his mistress falls sick with the plague?
4. What does Juan find in the house when he wakes up after being sick with the plague?
5. How does Don Medina say he makes his crucifixes so realistic?
6. What does Brother Isidro do when Juan starts to cry after the inventory?
7. Why does Diego refuse to teach Juan to paint?
8. What does Diego say is the difference between the light in Spain and Italy?
9. What does Don Diego teach Juan about a blue brocade?
10. How does Juan describe his first sight of Miri?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)