|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take for Juan to recover from Carmelo's beating?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 4 weeks.
(d) 3 weeks.
2. What does Diego say art should be?
3. Where does Brother Isidro take Juan after the inventory?
(a) Diego's house.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The monastery.
(d) An orphanage.
4. Who does the Mistress say will be joining Diego's household after Juan asks to be taught to paint?
(a) More slaves.
5. Where does Juan ask permission to go one day while at the palace?
(a) The lake.
(b) The market.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Don Dimas's occupation?
2. What does Gil Medina make?
3. Where does Juan stand while Reubens is being honored?
4. What does Juan do after the house is inventoried?
5. What does Juan practice for hours while working with Don Diego?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bartolomy say about the law against slaves painting?
2. What picture does Juan place among those of Don Diego's in the studio?
3. What does Juan suggest Don Diego do to practice for his portrait of the Pope, and what is Don Diego's response to this?
4. What does the King do while he sits for his portraits?
5. What does Don Diego to do study while in Italy?
6. Why can the blond man not enter Madrid with Juan?
7. What honor does the King give Don Diego after he dies?
8. What did Juan do to help the King's favorite dog?
9. What does the Carmelo do when he finds Juan in Madrid?
10. What does Paquita's mother do when she finds out about her daughter's relationship?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)