|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is most upset about Juan leaving for Italy?
(d) La Niss.
2. How does Juan get most of his food while on his journey to Madrid?
(a) He begs.
(b) He looks in rubbage piles.
(c) He steals.
(d) He kills.
3. What does Dosa Trini say Juan always brings to her?
(a) Good luck.
(b) Happy feelings.
(c) Nice news.
(d) Extra money.
4. What happened to Juan's earring?
(a) Carmelo stole it.
(b) He gave it to Don Dimas.
(c) It was stolen by the blond man.
(d) Diego took it out.
5. How does Juan describe Italy?
(a) Loud and angry.
(b) Rushed and ignorant.
(c) Dirty and crowded.
(d) Open and airy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are the clothes given to Juan by Don Diego?
2. What is Dosa Trini's occupation?
3. How does Juan describe Master?
4. Who shows Juan how to do the hardest task he is assigned for Don Diego?
5. What color robes do the Franciscan brothers wear?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Don Diego to do study while in Italy?
2. How does Brother Isidro say he sees Juan?
3. What does Juan find in the house when he wakes up after being sick with the plague?
4. What is Miri's worst fear, and how does this affect Juan?
5. What happens when Juan brings a message to Reubens' house from Don Diego?
6. What does Juan do when his mistress falls sick with the plague?
7. How does Don Medina say he makes his crucifixes so realistic?
8. What does Master say when Juan asks him to teach him to paint?
9. Why does Diego refuse to teach Juan to paint?
10. Where does Juan go after his mistress dies?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)