|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who supplies tortured models for Gil Medina's work?
(a) The King.
2. What does Juan do while working for Don Dimas?
(a) Feeds the chickens.
(b) Pulls loaves out of the oven.
(c) Tends his sick son.
(d) Counts horseshoes.
3. What is the name of the apprentice sent to the palace with Diego?
4. Where will Juan be helping his new master?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The garden.
(c) The drawing room.
(d) The studio.
5. What instrument does the dainty slave girl play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brother Isidro do to quiet Juan's crying?
2. Where does Brother Isidro take Juan after the inventory?
3. Who does Juan eat his meals with at Diego's house?
4. What is Dosa Trini's occupation?
5. How does Juan get most of his food while on his journey to Madrid?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Diego say is the difference between the light in Spain and Italy?
2. How does Juan describe his first sight of Miri?
3. What did Don Diego say Art was meant to be?
4. Where does Juan go after his mistress dies?
5. How does Juan describe Italy?
6. How does Don Medina say he makes his crucifixes so realistic?
7. Why can the blond man not enter Madrid with Juan?
8. What is Juan told after waiting for the magistrate for hours?
9. What does Brother Isidro do for Juan while he is sick with the plague?
10. What does the master in Madrid say to Juan when he wakes up?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)