Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What colors does Diego NOT say are part of a blue brocade?
2. How long is Diego at the palace before he sees the King?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 3 weeks.
3. What does Brother Isidro say he sees when he looks at Juan?
(a) A slave.
(b) A survivor.
(c) A chance.
(d) A boy.
4. Where does Brother Isidro take Juan after the inventory?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The monastery.
(c) An orphanage.
(d) Diego's house.
5. What does Juan ask of Dosa Trini while he is running errands?
(a) A kitten.
(b) An extra spool of thread.
(c) A book.
(d) Some colored pencils.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take for Juan to recover from Carmelo's beating?
2. Where will Diego's family stay while Diego is in Italy?
3. What does Brother Isidro do to quiet Juan's crying?
4. In what country was the dainty slave girl raised
5. What does Juan say the King is hoping for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sad news do Juan and Diego receive when they return home?
2. What happens when Lolis is asked to be Juan's wife?
3. What does Mistress allow Juan to do when she sees how disappointed he is about not being taught to paint?
4. What does Brother Isidro do when Juan starts to cry after the inventory?
5. What does Diego do when he finds one of the notes between Del Mazo and Paquita?
6. What does Diego say during one of the King's sittings that pleases the King?
7. What does the master in Madrid say to Juan when he wakes up?
8. What strange ability does Lolis have?
9. How does Juan describe the King?
10. What does Juan do when his mistress falls sick with the plague?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)