|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the King give Don Diego's easel and clothing to?
(b) His sister.
(d) Dosa Juana.
2. What is the name of the new slave Mistress got while Juan and Diego were in Italy?
3. What does Juan vow to do for Bartolomy?
(a) Serve him as well as he can.
(b) Give him the best of everything.
(c) Keep his secret.
(d) Become more like him.
4. Who does Diego paint a picture of to practice for the big portrait he was sent to Italy for?
(a) A Cardinal.
(b) A peasant.
5. Why does the King ask Don Diego to design something for his sister's wedding?
(a) To cheer him up.
(b) To give him financial aid.
(c) To get the best for his sister.
(d) To distract him.
6. What does Bartolomy say he paints?
(a) What his dreams show him.
(b) What he sees.
(c) What is holy in each person.
(d) What he wishes he saw.
7. What does Don Diego tell Juan as he is nursing his wound from the ship?
(a) He is the best friend he has ever had.
(b) He can do what he wants till he is cured.
(c) He can ask what he wants of him.
(d) He is a good slave with a pure heart.
8. What is the name of the King's favorite dog?
9. How long after Paquita's wedding does Don Diego go to Northern Spain?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 9 months.
(d) 1 year.
10. What does Juan show the nobles to get them excited about Don Diego's talents?
(a) Shows them the portrait of himself.
(b) Reads a letter from the King of Spain.
(c) Shows them his portfolio.
(d) Tells them what a great artist he is.
11. Why does Francisco Lezcano think he is a slave?
(a) Because of the way he was born.
(b) Because of his physical weakness.
(c) Because of his lack of willpower.
(d) Because of the actions of his parents.
12. What does Juan want to ask of his master in return for healing his hand?
(a) To learn to paint.
(b) To set free Lilly.
(c) To marry Lolis.
(d) To be free himself.
13. How does Paquita die?
(a) She is murdered.
(d) The Plague.
14. What was Don Diego surprised about when he saw Bartolomy's art?
(a) He paint angels from live models.
(b) It is honest and real.
(c) He does not need models.
(d) He has captivating light.
15. What does Diego paint a picture of after his daughter is engaged?
(a) A flowering tree.
(b) His daughters as babies.
(d) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Pope feel about the portrait Don Diego paints of him?
2. What does Don Diego say most people are fond of?
3. What does Francisco Lezcano compare himself to while talking to Juan?
4. What is Don Diego doing while on his trip to Northern Spain?
5. How does Diego feel about the King?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)