|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Juan worried will be found while he is traveling to Northern Spain with Don Diego?
(a) His mother's jewelery.
(b) His saved money.
(c) His love letters.
(d) His paintings.
2. What is Don Diego doing when Juan returns from his efforts to heal the returned wound?
3. What is Bartolomy's last name?
4. Why does the King ask Don Diego to design something for his sister's wedding?
(a) To cheer him up.
(b) To distract him.
(c) To get the best for his sister.
(d) To give him financial aid.
5. What does Murillo like to paint when he returns to Seville?
(b) Religious figures.
(c) Angels and Saints.
(d) Poor people.
6. Where does Don Diego die?
(a) His bed.
(b) The palace.
(c) His wife's grave.
(d) His studio.
7. What job is Juan given after the problem of the painting is solved?
(a) Household worker.
(b) Don Diego's assistant.
(c) Tannery assistant.
(d) Apprentice Painter.
8. Who cured the King's favorite dog of his ailment?
(a) Don Diego.
(d) The King.
9. What does Juan vow to do for Bartolomy?
(a) Serve him as well as he can.
(b) Become more like him.
(c) Keep his secret.
(d) Give him the best of everything.
10. What is in the picture that Juan places for the King to see?
(a) The black Madonna.
(b) The King's daughter.
(c) His self portrait.
(d) The King's hunting dog.
11. How does Don Diego save Juan from imprisonment?
(a) He takes the punishment for himself.
(b) He frees him.
(c) He claims the painting as his own.
(d) He asks a favor of the King as a friend.
12. What does the King not require while he is in the studio with Don Diego?
(b) Fine clothing.
(c) The usual formalities.
13. What does Don Diego tell Juan as he is nursing his wound from the ship?
(a) He is a good slave with a pure heart.
(b) He can ask what he wants of him.
(c) He can do what he wants till he is cured.
(d) He is the best friend he has ever had.
14. What sin does Bartolomy say Juan should confess?
(b) Stealing paints.
(c) Lying to his mistress.
(d) Hiding his art.
15. What does the King ask Don Diego to design for his sister's wedding?
(a) The dress.
(b) The wedding portrait.
(c) The pavillion.
(d) The floral arrangements.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bartolomy say he paints?
2. what is the King's wedding gift to Juan and Lolis?
3. Where is Bertolomy from?
4. What does Diego say the King was sent to earth to do?
5. How does the Pope feel about the portrait Don Diego paints of him?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)