|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Diego feel about the King?
(a) He has real affection for him.
(b) He is intimidated by him.
(c) He thinks him polite and stupid.
(d) He finds him crude and cruel.
2. Why does Juan say he no longer takes Communion?
(a) He is guilty about his painting.
(b) His master asked him not to.
(c) He has not thought about it.
(d) He feels unworthy.
3. Who did Juan promise to do something for if his master's returned wound would heal?
(a) The Madonna.
(b) The Doctor.
(c) A Saint.
4. What is the name of the apprentice in love with Paquita?
(a) Jesus Del Mazo.
(b) Juan Bautista.
(c) Pedro Rodriguez.
(d) Paco Del Rico.
5. What does Don Diego tell Juan as he is nursing his wound from the ship?
(a) He is the best friend he has ever had.
(b) He can ask what he wants of him.
(c) He is a good slave with a pure heart.
(d) He can do what he wants till he is cured.
6. Who is the first person Juan tries to get excited about Don Diego's talents?
(a) The Duke of Ponti.
(b) The High Cardinal.
(c) The Camerlengo.
(d) The Earl of Eastwhich.
7. what is the King's wedding gift to Juan and Lolis?
(a) Painting supplies.
(b) A new wardrobe.
(c) 30 Ducats.
(d) Passage on a ship to Italy.
8. Who did the King want Diego to paint a portrait of on his second trip in Italy?
(a) A saint.
(b) His sister.
(c) The Pope.
(d) His daughter.
9. What does Diego's wife say being married to a painter has been like?
(a) A constant adventure.
(c) A long journey.
10. Who cares for Don Diego while he has his fever?
(b) The King's physician.
(c) Juan and Lolis.
(d) Dosa Juana.
11. What does Diego paint a picture of after his daughter is engaged?
(a) His wife.
(c) A flowering tree.
(d) His daughters as babies.
12. How long does it take for Don Diego's fever to break?
(a) 12 days.
(b) 15 days.
(c) 18 days.
(d) 21 days.
13. How does Don Diego sign his name?
(a) Two large D's.
(b) A large V.
(c) A large D and a small N.
(d) Two small v's.
14. How long does Murillo stay with don Diego?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 2 years.
15. What is in the picture that Juan places for the King to see?
(a) The King's daughter.
(b) The black Madonna.
(c) His self portrait.
(d) The King's hunting dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Mistress while Juan and Don Diego were in Italy?
2. How does the King feel about Juan?
3. Who does Diego ask to guide his hand as he does a practice portrait while on his second trip in Italy?
4. What does Juan's painting remind the King of?
5. What is Don Diego doing while on his trip to Northern Spain?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)