|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bartolomy say he paints?
(a) What is holy in each person.
(b) What his dreams show him.
(c) What he wishes he saw.
(d) What he sees.
2. What does Juan see when he looks at the paintings of El Bobo?
(a) A soul enslaved.
(b) Kind eyes.
(c) Tragedy on his face.
(d) Contentment and ignorance.
3. How does the Pope feel about the portrait Don Diego paints of him?
(a) He thinks it is marvelous.
(b) He does not care for it.
(c) He does not recognize himself in it.
(d) He is delighted with it.
4. Why does Juan say he no longer takes Communion?
(a) His master asked him not to.
(b) He feels unworthy.
(c) He has not thought about it.
(d) He is guilty about his painting.
5. Who does the King give Don Diego's easel and clothing to?
(a) Dosa Juana.
(d) His sister.
6. How does Don Diego sign his name?
(a) A large V.
(b) Two small v's.
(c) Two large D's.
(d) A large D and a small N.
7. What special talent does the slave have that Mistress bought while Don Diego was in Italy?
(a) She can sing well.
(b) She is a healer.
(c) She can see the future.
(d) She can sense the weather changes.
8. What is the name of the apprentice in love with Paquita?
(a) Paco Del Rico.
(b) Jesus Del Mazo.
(c) Juan Bautista.
(d) Pedro Rodriguez.
9. What was Don Diego surprised about when he saw Bartolomy's art?
(a) He does not need models.
(b) It is honest and real.
(c) He has captivating light.
(d) He paint angels from live models.
10. What is in the picture that Juan places for the King to see?
(a) The black Madonna.
(b) The King's hunting dog.
(c) The King's daughter.
(d) His self portrait.
11. Who does Diego paint a picture of to practice for the big portrait he was sent to Italy for?
(a) A peasant.
(c) A Cardinal.
12. What does the new slave in Juan's house say she wants Juan to be?
13. What was wrong with the King's favorite dog?
(a) Ear infection.
(b) Liver ailment.
(d) Hurt leg.
14. Where does Don Diego send most of his apprentices when they are done?
(a) Don Medina.
(d) The palace.
15. What is Don Diego doing while on his trip to Northern Spain?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juan wear when his portrait is painted?
2. What is the name of the new slave Mistress got while Juan and Diego were in Italy?
3. What happened to Mistress while Juan and Don Diego were in Italy?
4. What is unique about El Bobo?
5. How does Diego feel about Olivares?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)