|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unique about El Bobo?
(a) He is a eunich.
(b) He is a dwarf.
(c) He has 12 fingers.
(d) He has memorized the Bible.
2. What does Juan vow to do for Bartolomy?
(a) Keep his secret.
(b) Become more like him.
(c) Give him the best of everything.
(d) Serve him as well as he can.
3. What does Juan show the nobles to get them excited about Don Diego's talents?
(a) Reads a letter from the King of Spain.
(b) Shows them his portfolio.
(c) Tells them what a great artist he is.
(d) Shows them the portrait of himself.
4. What was Don Diego surprised about when he saw Bartolomy's art?
(a) He paint angels from live models.
(b) He has captivating light.
(c) He does not need models.
(d) It is honest and real.
5. What does Murillo like to paint when he returns to Seville?
(a) Religious figures.
(b) Poor people.
(d) Angels and Saints.
6. What is the name of the new slave Mistress got while Juan and Diego were in Italy?
7. What is the name of the King's favorite dog?
8. How does the King feel about Juan?
(a) He dislikes him.
(b) He is fond of him.
(c) He does not know him very well.
(d) He looks down on him.
9. How does the Pope feel about the portrait Don Diego paints of him?
(a) He does not care for it.
(b) He thinks it is marvelous.
(c) He is delighted with it.
(d) He does not recognize himself in it.
10. How does Diego feel about Olivares?
(a) He has real affection for him.
(b) He thinks him polite and stupid.
(c) He finds him crude and cruel.
(d) He is intimidated by him.
11. What does Juan promise to do if his Master's returned wound is healed?
(a) Pay some of his ducats from the King.
(b) Serve better.
(c) Reveal his painting.
(d) Destroy his paintings.
12. What does Don Diego tell Juan as he is nursing his wound from the ship?
(a) He can do what he wants till he is cured.
(b) He is the best friend he has ever had.
(c) He can ask what he wants of him.
(d) He is a good slave with a pure heart.
13. What does Don Diego keep on hand in case of a visit from the King?
(a) Wine and Cheese.
(b) Cheese and Bread.
(c) Cakes and Wine.
(d) Water and Bread.
14. How many rooms does Dosa Juana give Juan and Lolis when they are married?
15. What does Don Diego give Juan to hide his possessions while he is in Northern Spain?
(a) A locked box.
(b) A silk sack.
(c) A portfolio.
(d) A jewelery box.
Short Answer Questions
1. What special talent does the slave have that Mistress bought while Don Diego was in Italy?
2. What does Diego's wife say being married to a painter has been like?
3. What does Juan do when the King realizes Juan has done a painting?
4. What does Diego say the King was sent to earth to do?
5. What does Diego find that tells him of his daughter's love affair?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)