|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the new slave in Juan's house feel about being a slave?
(a) She knows nothing else.
(b) She does not mind it.
(c) She resents it.
(d) She enjoys it.
2. What does Bartolomy call Juan?
(a) Comrade Juan.
(b) Juan Amigo.
3. Who does the King give Don Diego's easel and clothing to?
(b) Dosa Juana.
(c) His sister.
4. What is in the picture that Juan places for the King to see?
(a) His self portrait.
(b) The King's hunting dog.
(c) The King's daughter.
(d) The black Madonna.
5. Where is Bertolomy from?
6. How does Don Diego save Juan from imprisonment?
(a) He asks a favor of the King as a friend.
(b) He frees him.
(c) He takes the punishment for himself.
(d) He claims the painting as his own.
7. What is the name of the apprentice in love with Paquita?
(a) Pedro Rodriguez.
(b) Jesus Del Mazo.
(c) Paco Del Rico.
(d) Juan Bautista.
8. What happened to Mistress while Juan and Don Diego were in Italy?
(a) She got sick.
(b) She broke her leg.
(c) The house was robbed.
(d) She was heavily taxed.
9. What is the name of the King's favorite dog?
10. What does Don Diego say most people are fond of?
(a) Their importance.
(b) Talking with an artist.
(c) Being admired.
(d) The way they look.
11. How long does Murillo stay with don Diego?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 2 years.
12. What is the name of the new slave Mistress got while Juan and Diego were in Italy?
13. Where does Don Diego send most of his apprentices when they are done?
(c) The palace.
(d) Don Medina.
14. What does Diego find that tells him of his daughter's love affair?
(a) A picture of Paquita.
(b) Lipstick stains on his apprentice's shirt.
(c) The red flower.
(d) A letter.
15. What was Don Diego surprised about when he saw Bartolomy's art?
(a) He paint angels from live models.
(b) It is honest and real.
(c) He does not need models.
(d) He has captivating light.
Short Answer Questions
1. What special talent does the slave have that Mistress bought while Don Diego was in Italy?
2. Who is the first person Juan tries to get excited about Don Diego's talents?
3. What does Murillo like to paint when he returns to Seville?
4. What does the King not require while he is in the studio with Don Diego?
5. What does Diego paint a picture of after his daughter is engaged?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)