|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Juan and Lolis married?
(a) Don Diego's studio.
(b) The palace.
(c) A church.
(d) The Town Square.
2. Where is Bertolomy from?
3. What does Paquita ask Juan to send to her secret lover?
(a) A ring.
(b) A small bible.
(c) A red flower.
(d) A picture of herself.
4. Who cured the King's favorite dog of his ailment?
(b) Don Diego.
(d) The King.
5. What does Juan promise to do if his Master's returned wound is healed?
(a) Destroy his paintings.
(b) Pay some of his ducats from the King.
(c) Reveal his painting.
(d) Serve better.
6. What does Francisco Lezcano compare himself to while talking to Juan?
(a) A devil.
(b) A child.
(c) An angel.
(d) A dog.
7. Who does Diego paint a picture of to practice for the big portrait he was sent to Italy for?
(a) A peasant.
(d) A Cardinal.
8. What does Diego find that tells him of his daughter's love affair?
(a) A picture of Paquita.
(b) The red flower.
(c) Lipstick stains on his apprentice's shirt.
(d) A letter.
9. What happened to Mistress while Juan and Don Diego were in Italy?
(a) She was heavily taxed.
(b) She broke her leg.
(c) She got sick.
(d) The house was robbed.
10. Which of the following adjectives does Juan NOT use to describe the portrait of the Pope?
11. What is the name of the new slave Mistress got while Juan and Diego were in Italy?
12. Why does Francisco Lezcano think he is a slave?
(a) Because of his physical weakness.
(b) Because of his lack of willpower.
(c) Because of the way he was born.
(d) Because of the actions of his parents.
13. How is Don Diego wounded on a ship?
(a) His ankle is broken.
(b) He gets a cut on his head.
(c) His finger is smashed.
(d) His hand gets scratched and infected.
14. Who does Don Diego accompany on his trip to Northern Spain?
(a) His extended family.
(b) Paquita and her new husband.
(c) The Royal family.
(d) A touring group of artists.
15. What is the name of the apprentice in love with Paquita?
(a) Pedro Rodriguez.
(b) Juan Bautista.
(c) Paco Del Rico.
(d) Jesus Del Mazo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits Don Diego after his wife dies?
2. How long does it take for Don Diego's fever to break?
3. What was Don Diego surprised about when he saw Bartolomy's art?
4. What does Juan do when the wound from the ship returns to Don Diego?
5. What does Don Diego call Juan after the King leaves after the problem of the painting is solved?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)