|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Juan and Lolis married?
(a) The palace.
(b) A church.
(c) Don Diego's studio.
(d) The Town Square.
2. How does Diego feel about the King?
(a) He finds him crude and cruel.
(b) He has real affection for him.
(c) He thinks him polite and stupid.
(d) He is intimidated by him.
3. What is the name of the new slave Mistress got while Juan and Diego were in Italy?
4. How many rooms does Dosa Juana give Juan and Lolis when they are married?
5. What does Juan show the nobles to get them excited about Don Diego's talents?
(a) Tells them what a great artist he is.
(b) Reads a letter from the King of Spain.
(c) Shows them the portrait of himself.
(d) Shows them his portfolio.
6. Who is the first person Juan tries to get excited about Don Diego's talents?
(a) The High Cardinal.
(b) The Earl of Eastwhich.
(c) The Duke of Ponti.
(d) The Camerlengo.
7. What does Don Diego call Juan after the King leaves after the problem of the painting is solved?
(b) Comrade Juan.
(d) Juan Amigo.
8. How does Don Diego save Juan from imprisonment?
(a) He takes the punishment for himself.
(b) He frees him.
(c) He claims the painting as his own.
(d) He asks a favor of the King as a friend.
9. Why does Francisco Lezcano think he is a slave?
(a) Because of his physical weakness.
(b) Because of the way he was born.
(c) Because of his lack of willpower.
(d) Because of the actions of his parents.
10. What does the King do while sitting for his paintings?
(a) Sits quietly.
(b) Asks questions.
(c) Talks about deep matters.
(d) Tells stories of his childhood.
11. How often does Bartolomy take Communion?
(b) Bi Monthly.
(d) Bi weekly.
12. Who does Diego ask to guide his hand as he does a practice portrait while on his second trip in Italy?
(a) His inner-artist.
(c) His daughter.
13. What does Bartolomy say he paints?
(a) What he sees.
(b) What his dreams show him.
(c) What he wishes he saw.
(d) What is holy in each person.
14. How is Don Diego wounded on a ship?
(a) His hand gets scratched and infected.
(b) His finger is smashed.
(c) He gets a cut on his head.
(d) His ankle is broken.
15. What does Juan want to ask of his master in return for healing his hand?
(a) To be free himself.
(b) To marry Lolis.
(c) To learn to paint.
(d) To set free Lilly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Juan promise to do something for if his master's returned wound would heal?
2. What does Francisco Lezcano compare himself to while talking to Juan?
3. How does the King feel about Don Diego's solution to the problem?
4. What is in the picture that Juan places for the King to see?
5. Who cured the King's favorite dog of his ailment?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)