|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Diego feel about the King?
(a) He thinks him polite and stupid.
(b) He finds him crude and cruel.
(c) He is intimidated by him.
(d) He has real affection for him.
2. What does Murillo like to paint when he returns to Seville?
(a) Angels and Saints.
(b) Poor people.
(d) Religious figures.
3. What does Juan do secretly while in Spain?
4. How does Don Diego save Juan from imprisonment?
(a) He claims the painting as his own.
(b) He frees him.
(c) He asks a favor of the King as a friend.
(d) He takes the punishment for himself.
5. How often does Bartolomy take Communion?
(a) Bi weekly.
(b) Bi Monthly.
6. How many rooms does Dosa Juana give Juan and Lolis when they are married?
7. How does Paquita die?
(a) She is murdered.
(c) The Plague.
8. What does Juan vow to do for Bartolomy?
(a) Keep his secret.
(b) Give him the best of everything.
(c) Serve him as well as he can.
(d) Become more like him.
9. Why does Francisco Lezcano think he is a slave?
(a) Because of his lack of willpower.
(b) Because of his physical weakness.
(c) Because of the way he was born.
(d) Because of the actions of his parents.
10. What special talent does the slave have that Mistress bought while Don Diego was in Italy?
(a) She can see the future.
(b) She can sing well.
(c) She is a healer.
(d) She can sense the weather changes.
11. Which of the following adjectives does Juan NOT use to describe the portrait of the Pope?
12. What had Juan just painted when he talked to Bartolomy?
(a) A nude woman.
(b) A black Madonna.
(c) His mother's face.
(d) An African angel.
13. What is Don Diego doing when Juan returns from his efforts to heal the returned wound?
14. What does Juan see when he looks at the paintings of El Bobo?
(a) A soul enslaved.
(b) Tragedy on his face.
(c) Kind eyes.
(d) Contentment and ignorance.
15. Where is Bertolomy from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unique about El Bobo?
2. How long does Murillo stay with don Diego?
3. What does Don Diego keep on hand in case of a visit from the King?
4. What does Juan say he will always call Don Diego after the problem of the painting is solved?
5. Who does the King give Don Diego's easel and clothing to?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)