|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Juan worried will be found while he is traveling to Northern Spain with Don Diego?
(a) His saved money.
(b) His paintings.
(c) His love letters.
(d) His mother's jewelery.
2. Where is Bertolomy from?
3. What sin does Bartolomy say Juan should confess?
(a) Stealing paints.
(b) Lying to his mistress.
(d) Hiding his art.
4. How does Diego feel about the King?
(a) He thinks him polite and stupid.
(b) He is intimidated by him.
(c) He finds him crude and cruel.
(d) He has real affection for him.
5. what is the King's wedding gift to Juan and Lolis?
(a) Passage on a ship to Italy.
(b) 30 Ducats.
(c) A new wardrobe.
(d) Painting supplies.
6. What does Don Diego say most people are fond of?
(a) Their importance.
(b) Talking with an artist.
(c) Being admired.
(d) The way they look.
7. What job is Juan given after the problem of the painting is solved?
(a) Don Diego's assistant.
(b) Apprentice Painter.
(c) Household worker.
(d) Tannery assistant.
8. Where are Juan and Lolis married?
(a) The Town Square.
(b) Don Diego's studio.
(c) A church.
(d) The palace.
9. What does Paquita ask Juan to send to her secret lover?
(a) A ring.
(b) A picture of herself.
(c) A small bible.
(d) A red flower.
10. What does the King do while sitting for his paintings?
(a) Tells stories of his childhood.
(b) Sits quietly.
(c) Asks questions.
(d) Talks about deep matters.
11. What does Juan want to ask of his master in return for healing his hand?
(a) To be free himself.
(b) To marry Lolis.
(c) To set free Lilly.
(d) To learn to paint.
12. Who does Don Diego have to ask about Lolis becoming Juan's wife?
(b) La Nisa.
(c) Dosa Juana.
(d) The King.
13. What is Don Diego doing when Juan returns from his efforts to heal the returned wound?
14. What does Juan say he will always call Don Diego after the problem of the painting is solved?
15. How does Don Diego save Juan from imprisonment?
(a) He frees him.
(b) He claims the painting as his own.
(c) He takes the punishment for himself.
(d) He asks a favor of the King as a friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Diego say the King was sent to earth to do?
2. What is the name of the apprentice in love with Paquita?
3. How does the new slave in Juan's house feel about being a slave?
4. Who visits Don Diego after his wife dies?
5. What was Don Diego surprised about when he saw Bartolomy's art?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)