|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unique about El Bobo?
(a) He has 12 fingers.
(b) He has memorized the Bible.
(c) He is a dwarf.
(d) He is a eunich.
2. What does Don Diego say most people are fond of?
(a) Their importance.
(b) The way they look.
(c) Being admired.
(d) Talking with an artist.
3. What is the name of the new slave Mistress got while Juan and Diego were in Italy?
4. What does Paquita ask Juan to send to her secret lover?
(a) A ring.
(b) A picture of herself.
(c) A red flower.
(d) A small bible.
5. What does Bartolomy say about the law against slaves painting?
(a) It is there for a reason.
(b) It is unjust.
(c) It is no longer well heeded.
(d) It was decreed by the Pope.
6. What does Juan promise to do if his Master's returned wound is healed?
(a) Serve better.
(b) Reveal his painting.
(c) Destroy his paintings.
(d) Pay some of his ducats from the King.
7. Who visits Don Diego after his wife dies?
(c) The King.
8. How does Juan describe Don Diego's funeral?
9. Who does Don Diego have to ask about Lolis becoming Juan's wife?
(a) La Nisa.
(b) The King.
(d) Dosa Juana.
10. What does Murillo like to paint when he returns to Seville?
(a) Angels and Saints.
(b) Religious figures.
(d) Poor people.
11. What is in the picture that Juan places for the King to see?
(a) The King's hunting dog.
(b) The King's daughter.
(c) The black Madonna.
(d) His self portrait.
12. How does Don Diego sign his name?
(a) A large V.
(b) Two large D's.
(c) Two small v's.
(d) A large D and a small N.
13. What does Bartolomy say he paints?
(a) What is holy in each person.
(b) What his dreams show him.
(c) What he sees.
(d) What he wishes he saw.
14. Who cares for Don Diego while he has his fever?
(b) The King's physician.
(c) Juan and Lolis.
(d) Dosa Juana.
15. What does Diego's wife say being married to a painter has been like?
(b) A constant adventure.
(d) A long journey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Diego say the King was sent to earth to do?
2. What had Juan just painted when he talked to Bartolomy?
3. What does Juan do when the King realizes Juan has done a painting?
4. Where does Don Diego die?
5. How long does it take for Don Diego's fever to break?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)