|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bartolomy call Juan?
(a) Juan Amigo.
(b) Comrade Juan.
2. How does the Pope feel about the portrait Don Diego paints of him?
(a) He does not care for it.
(b) He is delighted with it.
(c) He does not recognize himself in it.
(d) He thinks it is marvelous.
3. What does Juan do when the King realizes Juan has done a painting?
(b) Admits to his secret hobby.
(c) Begs for mercy.
(d) Begins to cry.
4. What does Don Diego give Juan to hide his possessions while he is in Northern Spain?
(a) A jewelery box.
(b) A locked box.
(c) A silk sack.
(d) A portfolio.
5. What is Don Diego doing when Juan returns from his efforts to heal the returned wound?
6. Why does Francisco Lezcano think he is a slave?
(a) Because of his physical weakness.
(b) Because of the actions of his parents.
(c) Because of his lack of willpower.
(d) Because of the way he was born.
7. How does Paquita die?
(a) The Plague.
(c) She is murdered.
8. What does Juan promise to do if his Master's returned wound is healed?
(a) Pay some of his ducats from the King.
(b) Serve better.
(c) Destroy his paintings.
(d) Reveal his painting.
9. How does the King feel about Don Diego's solution to the problem?
(a) He likes it.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He finds it sneaky.
(d) He is angered.
10. How does the King feel about Juan?
(a) He is fond of him.
(b) He does not know him very well.
(c) He dislikes him.
(d) He looks down on him.
11. How long does Murillo stay with don Diego?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 1 year.
12. Where does Don Diego die?
(a) His wife's grave.
(b) His studio.
(c) His bed.
(d) The palace.
13. What does Juan want to ask of his master in return for healing his hand?
(a) To set free Lilly.
(b) To marry Lolis.
(c) To learn to paint.
(d) To be free himself.
14. What special talent does the slave have that Mistress bought while Don Diego was in Italy?
(a) She can sing well.
(b) She is a healer.
(c) She can sense the weather changes.
(d) She can see the future.
15. What does Diego's wife say being married to a painter has been like?
(b) A long journey.
(d) A constant adventure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Francisco Lezcano compare himself to while talking to Juan?
2. What does Juan show the nobles to get them excited about Don Diego's talents?
3. What does the King ask Don Diego to design for his sister's wedding?
4. What is Bartolomy's last name?
5. What does Bartolomy say about the law against slaves painting?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)