|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the King ask Don Diego to design for his sister's wedding?
(a) The pavillion.
(b) The wedding portrait.
(c) The dress.
(d) The floral arrangements.
2. What does the King do while sitting for his paintings?
(a) Sits quietly.
(b) Talks about deep matters.
(c) Tells stories of his childhood.
(d) Asks questions.
3. What does Don Diego give Juan to hide his possessions while he is in Northern Spain?
(a) A jewelery box.
(b) A silk sack.
(c) A portfolio.
(d) A locked box.
4. How long does it take for Don Diego's fever to break?
(a) 12 days.
(b) 15 days.
(c) 18 days.
(d) 21 days.
5. What does Murillo like to paint when he returns to Seville?
(a) Poor people.
(b) Religious figures.
(d) Angels and Saints.
6. What does Paquita ask Juan to send to her secret lover?
(a) A picture of herself.
(b) A ring.
(c) A red flower.
(d) A small bible.
7. Which of the following adjectives does Juan NOT use to describe the portrait of the Pope?
8. What is the name of the King's favorite dog?
9. What is Bartolomy's last name?
10. What does Juan say he will always call Don Diego after the problem of the painting is solved?
11. What does Diego say the King was sent to earth to do?
(a) Listen to his subjects.
(b) Rule with quiet honor.
(c) Speak to his subjects.
(d) Dispense justice.
12. What does the new slave in Juan's house say she wants Juan to be?
13. What job is Juan given after the problem of the painting is solved?
(a) Don Diego's assistant.
(b) Household worker.
(c) Apprentice Painter.
(d) Tannery assistant.
14. How does Paquita die?
(c) The Plague.
(d) She is murdered.
15. Who does the King give Don Diego's easel and clothing to?
(b) His sister.
(d) Dosa Juana.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juan wear when his portrait is painted?
2. Who did Juan promise to do something for if his master's returned wound would heal?
3. What does Diego find that tells him of his daughter's love affair?
4. What does Juan do while Diego teaches apprentices?
5. Why does Francisco Lezcano think he is a slave?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)