|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Diego feel about the King?
(a) He has real affection for him.
(b) He thinks him polite and stupid.
(c) He is intimidated by him.
(d) He finds him crude and cruel.
2. How does the Pope feel about the portrait Don Diego paints of him?
(a) He does not care for it.
(b) He does not recognize himself in it.
(c) He is delighted with it.
(d) He thinks it is marvelous.
3. How does the King feel about Don Diego's solution to the problem?
(a) He finds it sneaky.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He likes it.
(d) He is angered.
4. What does Don Diego say most people are fond of?
(a) Talking with an artist.
(b) Being admired.
(c) The way they look.
(d) Their importance.
5. What is Don Diego doing when Juan returns from his efforts to heal the returned wound?
6. How long does it take for Don Diego's fever to break?
(a) 12 days.
(b) 15 days.
(c) 18 days.
(d) 21 days.
7. What sin does Bartolomy say Juan should confess?
(a) Stealing paints.
(b) Hiding his art.
(d) Lying to his mistress.
8. How does Paquita die?
(b) The Plague.
(c) She is murdered.
9. Who does the King give Don Diego's easel and clothing to?
(b) His sister.
(c) Dosa Juana.
10. What is Juan worried will be found while he is traveling to Northern Spain with Don Diego?
(a) His love letters.
(b) His saved money.
(c) His paintings.
(d) His mother's jewelery.
11. Who visits Don Diego after his wife dies?
(d) The King.
12. What does Juan say he will always call Don Diego after the problem of the painting is solved?
13. How does Don Diego sign his name?
(a) Two small v's.
(b) A large D and a small N.
(c) Two large D's.
(d) A large V.
14. How does the King feel about Juan?
(a) He looks down on him.
(b) He dislikes him.
(c) He does not know him very well.
(d) He is fond of him.
15. Why does Juan say he no longer takes Communion?
(a) He is guilty about his painting.
(b) He feels unworthy.
(c) He has not thought about it.
(d) His master asked him not to.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juan want to ask of his master in return for healing his hand?
2. Where are Juan and Lolis married?
3. How does Juan describe Don Diego's funeral?
4. What does Don Diego keep on hand in case of a visit from the King?
5. What is the name of the new slave Mistress got while Juan and Diego were in Italy?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)