|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Murillo stay with don Diego?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 4 years.
2. Where are Juan and Lolis married?
(a) The palace.
(b) A church.
(c) Don Diego's studio.
(d) The Town Square.
3. How does Paquita die?
(a) She is murdered.
(b) The Plague.
4. What had Juan just painted when he talked to Bartolomy?
(a) A black Madonna.
(b) A nude woman.
(c) His mother's face.
(d) An African angel.
5. How many rooms does Dosa Juana give Juan and Lolis when they are married?
6. Who was leery about Diego painting a portrait on his second trip in Italy?
(a) An artist from the Vatican.
(b) The Pope.
(c) Itallian nobles.
(d) The Queen.
7. How does Juan describe Don Diego's funeral?
8. What does Francisco Lezcano compare himself to while talking to Juan?
(a) A dog.
(b) A devil.
(c) An angel.
(d) A child.
9. what is the King's wedding gift to Juan and Lolis?
(a) 30 Ducats.
(b) Passage on a ship to Italy.
(c) A new wardrobe.
(d) Painting supplies.
10. What does the King ask Don Diego to design for his sister's wedding?
(a) The floral arrangements.
(b) The wedding portrait.
(c) The pavillion.
(d) The dress.
11. How often does Bartolomy take Communion?
(a) Bi Monthly.
(b) Bi weekly.
12. How does Diego feel about the King?
(a) He has real affection for him.
(b) He finds him crude and cruel.
(c) He thinks him polite and stupid.
(d) He is intimidated by him.
13. What does Juan say he will always call Don Diego after the problem of the painting is solved?
14. What is Juan worried will be found while he is traveling to Northern Spain with Don Diego?
(a) His love letters.
(b) His mother's jewelery.
(c) His paintings.
(d) His saved money.
15. What does Bartolomy say he paints?
(a) What he sees.
(b) What he wishes he saw.
(c) What his dreams show him.
(d) What is holy in each person.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the King's favorite dog?
2. What does Juan promise to do if his Master's returned wound is healed?
3. Why does Juan say he no longer takes Communion?
4. What does Don Diego say most people are fond of?
5. What is in the picture that Juan places for the King to see?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)