|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Diego's wife say being married to a painter has been like?
(a) A long journey.
(b) A constant adventure.
2. What does Juan vow to do for Bartolomy?
(a) Serve him as well as he can.
(b) Keep his secret.
(c) Give him the best of everything.
(d) Become more like him.
3. Who did the King want Diego to paint a portrait of on his second trip in Italy?
(a) His daughter.
(b) The Pope.
(c) His sister.
(d) A saint.
4. What does Francisco Lezcano compare himself to while talking to Juan?
(a) A devil.
(b) A child.
(c) An angel.
(d) A dog.
5. What does the King not require while he is in the studio with Don Diego?
(a) Fine clothing.
(d) The usual formalities.
6. Who does Don Diego have to ask about Lolis becoming Juan's wife?
(b) The King.
(c) La Nisa.
(d) Dosa Juana.
7. Which of the following adjectives does Juan NOT use to describe the portrait of the Pope?
8. How is Don Diego wounded on a ship?
(a) He gets a cut on his head.
(b) His hand gets scratched and infected.
(c) His finger is smashed.
(d) His ankle is broken.
9. What does Juan do when the wound from the ship returns to Don Diego?
(a) Summons a doctor.
(b) Finds some herbs.
(c) Writes a vow.
10. How does the King feel about Juan?
(a) He is fond of him.
(b) He dislikes him.
(c) He does not know him very well.
(d) He looks down on him.
11. How long does Murillo stay with don Diego?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 1 year.
12. Who was leery about Diego painting a portrait on his second trip in Italy?
(a) An artist from the Vatican.
(b) The Pope.
(c) Itallian nobles.
(d) The Queen.
13. How does Paquita die?
(a) She is murdered.
(b) The Plague.
14. What does Juan see when he looks at the paintings of El Bobo?
(a) Contentment and ignorance.
(b) Tragedy on his face.
(c) A soul enslaved.
(d) Kind eyes.
15. What does Juan wear when his portrait is painted?
(a) A suit borrowed from Don Diego.
(b) His every day clothes.
(c) Elaborate dressing gown.
(d) His night clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Murillo like to paint when he returns to Seville?
2. Who does Diego paint a picture of to practice for the big portrait he was sent to Italy for?
3. What is Don Diego doing while on his trip to Northern Spain?
4. What job is Juan given after the problem of the painting is solved?
5. What does Don Diego give Juan to hide his possessions while he is in Northern Spain?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)