|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who cured the King's favorite dog of his ailment?
(a) The King.
(c) Don Diego.
2. What is Juan worried will be found while he is traveling to Northern Spain with Don Diego?
(a) His love letters.
(b) His paintings.
(c) His saved money.
(d) His mother's jewelery.
3. What does Murillo like to paint when he returns to Seville?
(a) Angels and Saints.
(b) Religious figures.
(c) Poor people.
4. What is the name of the new slave Mistress got while Juan and Diego were in Italy?
5. What does Juan wear when his portrait is painted?
(a) His night clothes.
(b) Elaborate dressing gown.
(c) A suit borrowed from Don Diego.
(d) His every day clothes.
6. What does Diego's wife say being married to a painter has been like?
(a) A long journey.
(d) A constant adventure.
7. What does Juan do when the King realizes Juan has done a painting?
(b) Admits to his secret hobby.
(c) Begs for mercy.
(d) Begins to cry.
8. What does the new slave in Juan's house say she wants Juan to be?
9. How many rooms does Dosa Juana give Juan and Lolis when they are married?
10. How long after Paquita's wedding does Don Diego go to Northern Spain?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 9 months.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 1 year.
11. Where does Don Diego die?
(a) His studio.
(b) His wife's grave.
(c) His bed.
(d) The palace.
12. How does the King feel about Don Diego's solution to the problem?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is angered.
(c) He likes it.
(d) He finds it sneaky.
13. Which of the following adjectives does Juan NOT use to describe the portrait of the Pope?
14. Where does Don Diego send most of his apprentices when they are done?
(b) Don Medina.
(d) The palace.
15. What does Juan promise to do if his Master's returned wound is healed?
(a) Pay some of his ducats from the King.
(b) Destroy his paintings.
(c) Reveal his painting.
(d) Serve better.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the King ask Don Diego to design something for his sister's wedding?
2. What does the King not require while he is in the studio with Don Diego?
3. What does Juan want to ask of his master in return for healing his hand?
4. What was wrong with the King's favorite dog?
5. How is Don Diego wounded on a ship?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)