|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Don Diego give Juan to hide his possessions while he is in Northern Spain?
(a) A silk sack.
(b) A locked box.
(c) A jewelery box.
(d) A portfolio.
2. How does Diego feel about Olivares?
(a) He finds him crude and cruel.
(b) He has real affection for him.
(c) He is intimidated by him.
(d) He thinks him polite and stupid.
3. What does Don Diego call Juan after the King leaves after the problem of the painting is solved?
(c) Comrade Juan.
(d) Juan Amigo.
4. What does Diego find that tells him of his daughter's love affair?
(a) Lipstick stains on his apprentice's shirt.
(b) A picture of Paquita.
(c) A letter.
(d) The red flower.
5. Who does Diego paint a picture of to practice for the big portrait he was sent to Italy for?
(a) A peasant.
(c) A Cardinal.
6. What is in the picture that Juan places for the King to see?
(a) His self portrait.
(b) The King's hunting dog.
(c) The King's daughter.
(d) The black Madonna.
7. How does Paquita die?
(a) The Plague.
(d) She is murdered.
8. Who is the first person Juan tries to get excited about Don Diego's talents?
(a) The Duke of Ponti.
(b) The Earl of Eastwhich.
(c) The High Cardinal.
(d) The Camerlengo.
9. What does Diego's wife say being married to a painter has been like?
(b) A constant adventure.
(d) A long journey.
10. What special talent does the slave have that Mistress bought while Don Diego was in Italy?
(a) She can sense the weather changes.
(b) She can sing well.
(c) She is a healer.
(d) She can see the future.
11. What does Bartolomy call Juan?
(b) Juan Amigo.
(c) Comrade Juan.
12. Who cured the King's favorite dog of his ailment?
(c) Don Diego.
(d) The King.
13. What does Juan wear when his portrait is painted?
(a) Elaborate dressing gown.
(b) A suit borrowed from Don Diego.
(c) His night clothes.
(d) His every day clothes.
14. Who did the King want Diego to paint a portrait of on his second trip in Italy?
(a) A saint.
(b) The Pope.
(c) His sister.
(d) His daughter.
15. What does Juan do when the King realizes Juan has done a painting?
(a) Begs for mercy.
(c) Admits to his secret hobby.
(d) Begins to cry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Murillo like to paint when he returns to Seville?
2. What does Juan show the nobles to get them excited about Don Diego's talents?
3. Where does Don Diego die?
4. What is the name of the King's favorite dog?
5. What was Don Diego surprised about when he saw Bartolomy's art?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)