|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bartolomy's last name?
2. What does Juan show the nobles to get them excited about Don Diego's talents?
(a) Reads a letter from the King of Spain.
(b) Shows them the portrait of himself.
(c) Shows them his portfolio.
(d) Tells them what a great artist he is.
3. What does Don Diego give Juan to hide his possessions while he is in Northern Spain?
(a) A locked box.
(b) A portfolio.
(c) A jewelery box.
(d) A silk sack.
4. What is Don Diego doing while on his trip to Northern Spain?
5. What does Don Diego keep on hand in case of a visit from the King?
(a) Cakes and Wine.
(b) Wine and Cheese.
(c) Water and Bread.
(d) Cheese and Bread.
6. What does Diego paint a picture of after his daughter is engaged?
(b) His daughters as babies.
(c) A flowering tree.
(d) His wife.
7. Who cares for Don Diego while he has his fever?
(a) Dosa Juana.
(b) Juan and Lolis.
(c) The King's physician.
8. Why does the King ask Don Diego to design something for his sister's wedding?
(a) To cheer him up.
(b) To give him financial aid.
(c) To get the best for his sister.
(d) To distract him.
9. Who does Don Diego have to ask about Lolis becoming Juan's wife?
(a) Dosa Juana.
(c) La Nisa.
(d) The King.
10. Who does the King give Don Diego's easel and clothing to?
(b) His sister.
(d) Dosa Juana.
11. Where does Don Diego send most of his apprentices when they are done?
(a) Don Medina.
(b) The palace.
12. what is the King's wedding gift to Juan and Lolis?
(a) Passage on a ship to Italy.
(b) A new wardrobe.
(c) Painting supplies.
(d) 30 Ducats.
13. What was wrong with the King's favorite dog?
(a) Liver ailment.
(b) Hurt leg.
(d) Ear infection.
14. What does Juan do when the wound from the ship returns to Don Diego?
(a) Writes a vow.
(b) Finds some herbs.
(c) Summons a doctor.
15. What job is Juan given after the problem of the painting is solved?
(a) Don Diego's assistant.
(b) Tannery assistant.
(c) Apprentice Painter.
(d) Household worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Juan worried will be found while he is traveling to Northern Spain with Don Diego?
2. How does Don Diego sign his name?
3. What does Murillo like to paint when he returns to Seville?
4. How long does Murillo stay with don Diego?
5. What does Bartolomy say he paints?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)