|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paquita ask Juan to send to her secret lover?
(a) A small bible.
(b) A red flower.
(c) A ring.
(d) A picture of herself.
2. What does the King do while sitting for his paintings?
(a) Tells stories of his childhood.
(b) Asks questions.
(c) Talks about deep matters.
(d) Sits quietly.
3. What is Bartolomy's last name?
4. What special talent does the slave have that Mistress bought while Don Diego was in Italy?
(a) She can see the future.
(b) She is a healer.
(c) She can sing well.
(d) She can sense the weather changes.
5. How does the King feel about Don Diego's solution to the problem?
(a) He finds it sneaky.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is angered.
(d) He likes it.
6. How often does Bartolomy take Communion?
(b) Bi weekly.
(c) Bi Monthly.
7. Where is Bertolomy from?
8. What happened to Mistress while Juan and Don Diego were in Italy?
(a) She broke her leg.
(b) The house was robbed.
(c) She was heavily taxed.
(d) She got sick.
9. How long does it take for Don Diego's fever to break?
(a) 12 days.
(b) 21 days.
(c) 15 days.
(d) 18 days.
10. How does the new slave in Juan's house feel about being a slave?
(a) She knows nothing else.
(b) She does not mind it.
(c) She enjoys it.
(d) She resents it.
11. Who cured the King's favorite dog of his ailment?
(a) Don Diego.
(c) The King.
12. Who visits Don Diego after his wife dies?
(b) The King.
13. How long does Murillo stay with don Diego?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 3 years.
14. What does Diego paint a picture of after his daughter is engaged?
(a) His wife.
(b) His daughters as babies.
(c) A flowering tree.
15. What is unique about El Bobo?
(a) He has 12 fingers.
(b) He has memorized the Bible.
(c) He is a dwarf.
(d) He is a eunich.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Don Diego sign his name?
2. How is Don Diego wounded on a ship?
3. What does Juan do when the King realizes Juan has done a painting?
4. What does Don Diego tell Juan as he is nursing his wound from the ship?
5. Who was leery about Diego painting a portrait on his second trip in Italy?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)