|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long after Paquita's wedding does Don Diego go to Northern Spain?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 9 months.
(d) 1 year.
2. What sin does Bartolomy say Juan should confess?
(a) Lying to his mistress.
(b) Hiding his art.
(c) Stealing paints.
3. What does Don Diego tell Juan as he is nursing his wound from the ship?
(a) He can ask what he wants of him.
(b) He can do what he wants till he is cured.
(c) He is a good slave with a pure heart.
(d) He is the best friend he has ever had.
4. What does Juan do secretly while in Spain?
5. What is the name of the new slave Mistress got while Juan and Diego were in Italy?
6. How does the new slave in Juan's house feel about being a slave?
(a) She does not mind it.
(b) She enjoys it.
(c) She knows nothing else.
(d) She resents it.
7. Who did Juan promise to do something for if his master's returned wound would heal?
(a) The Doctor.
(b) A Saint.
(c) The Madonna.
8. What does Juan show the nobles to get them excited about Don Diego's talents?
(a) Tells them what a great artist he is.
(b) Reads a letter from the King of Spain.
(c) Shows them the portrait of himself.
(d) Shows them his portfolio.
9. What does Juan promise to do if his Master's returned wound is healed?
(a) Destroy his paintings.
(b) Reveal his painting.
(c) Serve better.
(d) Pay some of his ducats from the King.
10. What does Bartolomy say he paints?
(a) What he wishes he saw.
(b) What he sees.
(c) What his dreams show him.
(d) What is holy in each person.
11. What is Bartolomy's last name?
12. What does Juan see when he looks at the paintings of El Bobo?
(a) Contentment and ignorance.
(b) Kind eyes.
(c) Tragedy on his face.
(d) A soul enslaved.
13. Why does Francisco Lezcano think he is a slave?
(a) Because of his physical weakness.
(b) Because of the way he was born.
(c) Because of his lack of willpower.
(d) Because of the actions of his parents.
14. How does the Pope feel about the portrait Don Diego paints of him?
(a) He is delighted with it.
(b) He does not care for it.
(c) He thinks it is marvelous.
(d) He does not recognize himself in it.
15. What does the King do while sitting for his paintings?
(a) Asks questions.
(b) Talks about deep matters.
(c) Tells stories of his childhood.
(d) Sits quietly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Mistress while Juan and Don Diego were in Italy?
2. Who does the King give Don Diego's easel and clothing to?
3. Why does the King ask Don Diego to design something for his sister's wedding?
4. How is Don Diego wounded on a ship?
5. What was Don Diego surprised about when he saw Bartolomy's art?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)