|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brother Isidro say he sees when he looks at Juan?
(a) A boy.
(b) A chance.
(c) A slave.
(d) A survivor.
2. What does Juan's mistress give him money for after his mother dies?
3. How does Juan describe Master?
4. What colors does Diego NOT say are part of a blue brocade?
5. What is the slave girl's worst fear?
(a) She will be a burden to her mistress.
(b) She will never find love.
(c) She will die.
(d) She will be sold.
6. What is Peter Paul Reubens' occupation?
7. Who does the Mistress say will be joining Diego's household after Juan asks to be taught to paint?
(b) More slaves.
8. Who owns the dainty slave girl?
(a) The Duke.
(c) The King.
(d) Don Medina.
9. How long is Diego at the palace before he sees the King?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 3 weeks.
10. What does Juan say the dainty slave girl introduced into his life?
11. What is the palace studio like?
(a) Small and secluded.
(b) Large and lonely.
(c) Light and airy.
(d) Dark and elaborate.
12. Where will Diego's family stay while Diego is in Italy?
13. What is the name of Juan's mother?
14. What is the Carmelo's occupation?
15. What color is the King's hair?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Mistress feel about Master?
2. How does Juan describe Italy?
3. What is Don Dimas's occupation?
4. What is Don Diego's occupation?
5. Who shows Juan how to do the hardest task he is assigned for Don Diego?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)