|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owns the dainty slave girl?
(a) Don Medina.
(c) The King.
(d) The Duke.
2. What word does Juan use to describe the slave girl's face while she is singing?
3. What does Juan say the dainty slave girl introduced into his life?
4. How far does Juan travel the first day of his journey to Madrid?
(a) 5 miles.
(b) 15 miles.
(c) 10 miles.
(d) 20 miles.
5. What does Juan do after the house is inventoried?
(d) Screams in anger.
6. What color are the clothes given to Juan by Don Diego?
7. What does Juan do while working for Don Dimas?
(a) Counts horseshoes.
(b) Feeds the chickens.
(c) Tends his sick son.
(d) Pulls loaves out of the oven.
8. Who does Juan eat his meals with at Diego's house?
(a) The children.
(c) The cook.
(d) The family.
9. What is Juan forced to do while the house is inventoried?
(a) List off the values.
(b) Be a scribe.
(c) Sit on a hard bench.
10. What does Juan practice for hours while working with Don Diego?
(a) Mixing colors.
(b) Making frames.
(c) Stretching canvas.
11. What does Diego say art should be?
12. Who is sent to summon a doctor for the slave girl?
(c) Don Diego.
(d) The Duke.
13. What is held to honor Reubens?
(a) A banquet.
(b) A ball.
(c) A parade.
(d) A ceremony.
14. Where is Peter Paul Reubens from?
15. How did Mistress feel about Master?
(a) She was hateful towards him.
(b) She was hardly aware of him.
(c) She was devoted to him.
(d) She was afraid of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juan say is on every corner of Italy?
2. Who talks with Diego before the King comes to see him?
3. Where does Juan see the first notice about the plague?
4. What does Carmelo like to do around a camp fire?
5. What is the name of the dainty slave girl Juan admires?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)