|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disrupts Diego's work at the palace?
(a) The guards.
(b) His daughters.
(c) The weather.
(d) His wife.
2. What color is the King's hair?
3. How old is Juan when his mother died?
4. What does Brother Isidro do to quiet Juan's crying?
(a) Sings a hymn.
(b) Pats his back.
(c) Says the rosary.
(d) Combs his hair.
5. Where is Peter Paul Reubens from?
6. Which of the following is NOT one of Juan's duties to help Diego?
(a) Grind colors.
(b) Prepare canvases.
(c) Model for portraits.
(d) Clean paintbrushes.
7. What happened to Juan's earring?
(a) Diego took it out.
(b) He gave it to Don Dimas.
(c) Carmelo stole it.
(d) It was stolen by the blond man.
8. What does Don Dimas ask of Juan?
(a) If he is an orphan.
(b) If he belongs to the Carmelo.
(c) If he needs food and lodging.
(d) If he stole the bread off his window ledge.
9. What does Juan say the King is hoping for?
(a) A Legacy.
10. What is the Carmelo's occupation?
11. Who does Juan eat his meals with at Diego's house?
(a) The cook.
(c) The children.
(d) The family.
12. What is the name of the apprentice sent to the palace with Diego?
13. What does Diego say when Juan asks to learn how to paint?
(a) He cannot teach Juan.
(b) He does not have time.
(c) He does not teach.
(d) He needs his services elsewhere.
14. What is Dosa Trini's occupation?
(a) Lace maker.
(d) Milk maid.
15. What does Brother Isidro feed Juan after the inventory?
(a) Bread and grapes.
(b) Bread and cheese.
(c) Wine and Grapes.
(d) Cheese and Wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Mistress feel about Master?
2. What does Brother Isidro say he sees when he looks at Juan?
3. What is the slave girl's worst fear?
4. What does Gil Medina make?
5. Where does Juan see the first notice about the plague?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)