|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What colors does Diego NOT say are part of a blue brocade?
2. How long is Diego at the palace before he sees the King?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 3 weeks.
3. What does Brother Isidro say he sees when he looks at Juan?
(a) A slave.
(b) A survivor.
(c) A chance.
(d) A boy.
4. Where does Brother Isidro take Juan after the inventory?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The monastery.
(c) An orphanage.
(d) Diego's house.
5. What does Juan ask of Dosa Trini while he is running errands?
(a) A kitten.
(b) An extra spool of thread.
(c) A book.
(d) Some colored pencils.
6. How long does it take for Juan to recover from Carmelo's beating?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 4 weeks.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 3 weeks.
7. Where will Diego's family stay while Diego is in Italy?
8. What does Brother Isidro do to quiet Juan's crying?
(a) Sings a hymn.
(b) Says the rosary.
(c) Combs his hair.
(d) Pats his back.
9. In what country was the dainty slave girl raised
10. What does Juan say the King is hoping for?
(c) A Legacy.
11. What is the name of Juan's mother?
12. What does Diego say art should be?
13. Where is Peter Paul Reubens from?
14. Who is sent to summon a doctor for the slave girl?
(c) The Duke.
(d) Don Diego.
15. What does Juan practice for hours while working with Don Diego?
(b) Mixing colors.
(c) Stretching canvas.
(d) Making frames.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of Juan's duties to help Diego?
2. What does Diego say when Juan asks to learn how to paint?
3. What does Juan say is on every corner of Italy?
4. How does Juan get most of his food while on his journey to Madrid?
5. Where does Juan ask permission to go one day while at the palace?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)