|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Juan do while he waits for the magistrate to see him?
(b) Sits in the hall.
(c) Draws in the dust.
2. What is the name of the dainty slave girl Juan admires?
3. What happened to Juan's earring?
(a) Carmelo stole it.
(b) He gave it to Don Dimas.
(c) Diego took it out.
(d) It was stolen by the blond man.
4. What does Juan practice for hours while working with Don Diego?
(a) Making frames.
(b) Mixing colors.
(d) Stretching canvas.
5. How old is Juan when he learns to read?
6. What color is the King's hair?
7. How does the Carmelo tell Juan to get his food on the journey?
(a) Work for it.
(b) Hunt it.
(c) Steal it.
(d) Beg for it.
8. What is Juan forced to do while the house is inventoried?
(a) Sit on a hard bench.
(b) List off the values.
(d) Be a scribe.
9. What does Juan say Italy as a country is devoted to?
(c) The Pope.
10. Who does the Mistress say will be joining Diego's household after Juan asks to be taught to paint?
(b) More slaves.
11. Where does Juan stand while Reubens is being honored?
(a) In the wings.
(b) Beside the king.
(c) Behind his master's chair.
(d) At the back of the room.
12. What does Juan say is on every corner of Italy?
(b) Food vendors.
13. Why are the Franciscan brothers so poor?
(a) They give away everything they have.
(b) They were taxed too heavily.
(c) Their crops failed.
(d) They were robbed.
14. How far does Juan travel the first day of his journey to Madrid?
(a) 20 miles.
(b) 10 miles.
(c) 15 miles.
(d) 5 miles.
15. What is Juan given after his mother dies?
(a) A ring.
(b) A bracelet.
(c) Some hoop earings.
(d) A necklace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the palace studio like?
2. What does Juan do while working for Don Dimas?
3. What is held to honor Reubens?
4. Where did Juan live before his journey to Madrid?
5. What does Carmelo like to do around a camp fire?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)