|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Juan do while he waits for the magistrate to see him?
(b) Draws in the dust.
(c) Sits in the hall.
2. Where will Juan be helping his new master?
(a) The drawing room.
(b) The garden.
(c) The studio.
(d) The kitchen.
3. Where does Juan stand while Reubens is being honored?
(a) Beside the king.
(b) In the wings.
(c) Behind his master's chair.
(d) At the back of the room.
4. How does Juan describe Master?
5. How old is Juan when he learns to read?
6. What does Diego say when Juan asks to learn how to paint?
(a) He cannot teach Juan.
(b) He does not teach.
(c) He needs his services elsewhere.
(d) He does not have time.
7. Who teaches Juan to read?
(b) His mistress.
(c) A preacher.
(d) Another slave.
8. What happened to Juan's earring?
(a) Carmelo stole it.
(b) Diego took it out.
(c) He gave it to Don Dimas.
(d) It was stolen by the blond man.
9. Who shows Juan how to do the hardest task he is assigned for Don Diego?
(a) The other slave.
(b) Diego's wife.
(c) The local tanner.
(d) Don Diego.
10. What is the name of the dainty slave girl Juan admires?
11. What is the Carmelo's occupation?
12. What is held to honor Reubens?
(a) A ball.
(b) A parade.
(c) A ceremony.
(d) A banquet.
13. How does Juan get most of his food while on his journey to Madrid?
(a) He begs.
(b) He looks in rubbage piles.
(c) He steals.
(d) He kills.
14. What is Juan given after his mother dies?
(a) A ring.
(b) A necklace.
(c) Some hoop earings.
(d) A bracelet.
15. What is the slave girl's worst fear?
(a) She will die.
(b) She will be sold.
(c) She will never find love.
(d) She will be a burden to her mistress.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Juan woken up the morning of his journey to Madrid?
2. Which of the following is NOT one of Juan's duties to help Diego?
3. What does Juan practice for hours while working with Don Diego?
4. What does Juan say the King is hoping for?
5. What does Brother Isidro do the last time Juan sees him?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)