|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far does Juan travel the first day of his journey to Madrid?
(a) 10 miles.
(b) 20 miles.
(c) 15 miles.
(d) 5 miles.
2. What does Juan do while he waits for the magistrate to see him?
(a) Draws in the dust.
(b) Sits in the hall.
3. What is Don Dimas's occupation?
4. What does Brother Isidro do the last time Juan sees him?
(a) Kisses him.
(b) Crosses himself.
(c) Waves to him.
(d) Blesses him.
5. What does Juan do after the house is inventoried?
(d) Screams in anger.
6. What color robes do the Franciscan brothers wear?
7. What does Diego say when Juan asks to learn how to paint?
(a) He does not teach.
(b) He needs his services elsewhere.
(c) He cannot teach Juan.
(d) He does not have time.
8. What does Juan eat when he wakes up while sick with the plague?
(a) A grape.
(b) An orange.
(c) A peach.
(d) A banana.
9. Where does Juan stand while Reubens is being honored?
(a) Beside the king.
(b) At the back of the room.
(c) In the wings.
(d) Behind his master's chair.
10. How does Juan get most of his food while on his journey to Madrid?
(a) He kills.
(b) He steals.
(c) He looks in rubbage piles.
(d) He begs.
11. What happened to Juan's earring?
(a) Carmelo stole it.
(b) Diego took it out.
(c) It was stolen by the blond man.
(d) He gave it to Don Dimas.
12. What does Dosa Trini say Juan always brings to her?
(a) Extra money.
(b) Good luck.
(c) Happy feelings.
(d) Nice news.
13. What does Brother Isidro do to quiet Juan's crying?
(a) Sings a hymn.
(b) Pats his back.
(c) Combs his hair.
(d) Says the rosary.
14. What is Dosa Trini's occupation?
(a) Lace maker.
(c) Milk maid.
15. How does Juan describe Master?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take for Juan to recover from Carmelo's beating?
2. What is Peter Paul Reubens' occupation?
3. Who owns the dainty slave girl?
4. What does Don Dimas ask of Juan?
5. What does Juan say the King is hoping for?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)