|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the Franciscan brothers so poor?
(a) They were robbed.
(b) They were taxed too heavily.
(c) Their crops failed.
(d) They give away everything they have.
2. What color are the clothes given to Juan by Don Diego?
3. What is Juan forced to do while the house is inventoried?
(a) Be a scribe.
(b) Sit on a hard bench.
(d) List off the values.
4. How does Juan describe Italy?
(a) Open and airy.
(b) Loud and angry.
(c) Dirty and crowded.
(d) Rushed and ignorant.
5. What does Brother Isidro say he sees when he looks at Juan?
(a) A boy.
(b) A slave.
(c) A survivor.
(d) A chance.
6. How old is Juan when his mother died?
7. What did the slave girl suffer from when Juan gets to her house?
(a) Retching and hallucinations.
(b) A high fever.
(c) A fainting spell.
(d) A seizure.
8. What is the name of Juan's mother?
9. Where does Juan see the first notice about the plague?
(a) Don Diego's house.
(b) The newspaper.
(c) The bakery.
(d) The church.
10. What does Juan do after the house is inventoried?
(a) Screams in anger.
11. In what country was the dainty slave girl raised
12. Who supplies tortured models for Gil Medina's work?
(d) The King.
13. Who is sent to summon a doctor for the slave girl?
(b) Don Diego.
(c) The Duke.
14. How long does Juan stay at the convent?
(a) 6 days.
(b) 9 days.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 12 days.
15. What does Juan ask of Dosa Trini while he is running errands?
(a) Some colored pencils.
(b) A kitten.
(c) A book.
(d) An extra spool of thread.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Carmelo do on evening nights to amuse himself?
2. What word does Juan use to describe the slave girl's face while she is singing?
3. Where did Juan live before his journey to Madrid?
4. Who does Juan eat his meals with at Diego's house?
5. Where does Brother Isidro take Juan after the inventory?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)