|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Mistress feel about Master?
(a) She was hateful towards him.
(b) She was afraid of him.
(c) She was hardly aware of him.
(d) She was devoted to him.
2. What instrument does the dainty slave girl play?
3. What is Don Diego's occupation?
4. Which of the following is NOT one of Juan's duties to help Diego?
(a) Prepare canvases.
(b) Model for portraits.
(c) Grind colors.
(d) Clean paintbrushes.
5. What is Don Diego commissioned to paint for the King?
(a) A portrait of the princess.
(b) A landscape of the King's forest.
(c) An image of the castle.
(d) A portrait of the King.
6. Where does Juan stand while Reubens is being honored?
(a) Beside the king.
(b) In the wings.
(c) Behind his master's chair.
(d) At the back of the room.
7. What is Peter Paul Reubens' occupation?
8. What does Mistress say love is when she sees Juan admiring the slave girl?
9. What does Dosa Trini say Juan always brings to her?
(a) Nice news.
(b) Happy feelings.
(c) Extra money.
(d) Good luck.
10. What is the title of the person who speaks with Diego before the King comes to see him?
11. How far does Juan travel the first day of his journey to Madrid?
(a) 10 miles.
(b) 5 miles.
(c) 20 miles.
(d) 15 miles.
12. What is the Carmelo's occupation?
13. What is Juan forced to do while the house is inventoried?
(a) Sit on a hard bench.
(b) Be a scribe.
(c) List off the values.
14. What is the name of Juan's mother?
15. What does Diego say art should be?
Short Answer Questions
1. What disrupts Diego's work at the palace?
2. Who owns the dainty slave girl?
3. What does Juan say the King is hoping for?
4. Where does Juan ask permission to go one day while at the palace?
5. What does Juan ask of Dosa Trini while he is running errands?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)