|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Juan describe Italy?
(a) Rushed and ignorant.
(b) Loud and angry.
(c) Dirty and crowded.
(d) Open and airy.
2. What is Peter Paul Reubens' occupation?
3. Where did Juan live before his journey to Madrid?
4. What does Brother Isidro do to quiet Juan's crying?
(a) Pats his back.
(b) Says the rosary.
(c) Sings a hymn.
(d) Combs his hair.
5. What delays Diego's trip to Italy?
(a) A sprained wrist.
(b) Bad omens in the sky.
(c) A migraine.
(d) Bad weather.
6. What instrument does the dainty slave girl play?
7. Who is most upset about Juan leaving for Italy?
(a) La Niss.
8. What does Diego say art should be?
9. Who does the Mistress say will be joining Diego's household after Juan asks to be taught to paint?
(b) More slaves.
10. How long does Juan stay at the convent?
(a) 6 days.
(b) 9 days.
(c) 12 days.
(d) 3 days.
11. Where will Juan be helping his new master?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The drawing room.
(c) The garden.
(d) The studio.
12. What did the slave girl suffer from when Juan gets to her house?
(a) A fainting spell.
(b) Retching and hallucinations.
(c) A seizure.
(d) A high fever.
13. What does Juan say the King is hoping for?
(c) A Legacy.
14. What is the name of Juan's mother?
15. How did Mistress feel about Master?
(a) She was afraid of him.
(b) She was hateful towards him.
(c) She was devoted to him.
(d) She was hardly aware of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juan do after the house is inventoried?
2. What does Juan eat when he wakes up while sick with the plague?
3. How old is Juan when he learns to read?
4. How old is Juan when his mother died?
5. Where does Don Diego live?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)