|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Juan do after the house is inventoried?
(d) Screams in anger.
2. What did the slave girl suffer from when Juan gets to her house?
(a) A high fever.
(b) A fainting spell.
(c) A seizure.
(d) Retching and hallucinations.
3. Who comes with Brother Isidro the second time he cares for Juan?
(a) A slaver.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A magistrate.
(d) A physician.
4. What is Juan given after his mother dies?
(a) Some hoop earings.
(b) A bracelet.
(c) A ring.
(d) A necklace.
5. How old is Juan when he learns to read?
6. Where does Don Diego live?
7. What is Juan forced to do while the house is inventoried?
(a) Be a scribe.
(b) List off the values.
(c) Sit on a hard bench.
8. What does Juan ask of Dosa Trini while he is running errands?
(a) A book.
(b) An extra spool of thread.
(c) Some colored pencils.
(d) A kitten.
9. What color are the clothes given to Juan by Don Diego?
10. What is Don Dimas's occupation?
11. Why are the Franciscan brothers so poor?
(a) They give away everything they have.
(b) Their crops failed.
(c) They were robbed.
(d) They were taxed too heavily.
12. How did Mistress feel about Master?
(a) She was afraid of him.
(b) She was hardly aware of him.
(c) She was hateful towards him.
(d) She was devoted to him.
13. In what country was the dainty slave girl raised
14. What does Juan say is on every corner of Italy?
(a) Food vendors.
15. How is Juan woken up the morning of his journey to Madrid?
(a) Gentle tapping.
(b) A kick to the side.
(c) The rooster crowing.
(d) Cold water is dumped on him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Juan get most of his food while on his journey to Madrid?
2. What is Don Diego commissioned to paint for the King?
3. What does Carmelo like to do around a camp fire?
4. What does Juan eat when he wakes up while sick with the plague?
5. What happened to Juan's earring?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)