|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the apprentice sent to the palace with Diego?
2. What does Diego say art should be?
3. What color is the King's hair?
4. What does Brother Isidro feed Juan after the inventory?
(a) Bread and grapes.
(b) Bread and cheese.
(c) Wine and Grapes.
(d) Cheese and Wine.
5. How far does Juan travel the first day of his journey to Madrid?
(a) 20 miles.
(b) 10 miles.
(c) 5 miles.
(d) 15 miles.
6. Why are the Franciscan brothers so poor?
(a) They were taxed too heavily.
(b) They give away everything they have.
(c) Their crops failed.
(d) They were robbed.
7. What is Don Diego commissioned to paint for the King?
(a) A landscape of the King's forest.
(b) An image of the castle.
(c) A portrait of the princess.
(d) A portrait of the King.
8. What does Juan's mistress give him money for after his mother dies?
9. What does Dosa Trini say Juan always brings to her?
(a) Happy feelings.
(b) Extra money.
(c) Good luck.
(d) Nice news.
10. Who shows Juan how to do the hardest task he is assigned for Don Diego?
(a) The local tanner.
(b) Don Diego.
(c) Diego's wife.
(d) The other slave.
11. What is held to honor Reubens?
(a) A ball.
(b) A banquet.
(c) A ceremony.
(d) A parade.
12. What is Juan given after his mother dies?
(a) Some hoop earings.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A ring.
(d) A bracelet.
13. What instrument does the dainty slave girl play?
14. What is Juan forced to do while the house is inventoried?
(a) List off the values.
(c) Sit on a hard bench.
(d) Be a scribe.
15. Where does Juan stand while Reubens is being honored?
(a) At the back of the room.
(b) In the wings.
(c) Beside the king.
(d) Behind his master's chair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Don Diego live?
2. What does the Carmelo do on evening nights to amuse himself?
3. Who talks with Diego before the King comes to see him?
4. What does Juan say the dainty slave girl introduced into his life?
5. Where is Peter Paul Reubens from?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)