|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Juan's mother?
2. Who does Juan eat his meals with at Diego's house?
(a) The cook.
(b) The family.
(d) The children.
3. What does Carmelo like to do around a camp fire?
(b) Tell stories.
(c) Drink and smoke.
(d) Sing and dance.
4. Who does the Mistress say will be joining Diego's household after Juan asks to be taught to paint?
(d) More slaves.
5. What color robes do the Franciscan brothers wear?
6. What is the Carmelo's occupation?
7. What does the Carmelo do on evening nights to amuse himself?
(a) Beats Juan.
(b) Cuts the animals.
(c) Tells stories.
(d) Sharpens his knife.
8. What does Brother Isidro feed Juan after the inventory?
(a) Bread and grapes.
(b) Bread and cheese.
(c) Cheese and Wine.
(d) Wine and Grapes.
9. Where does Juan see the first notice about the plague?
(a) The newspaper.
(b) The church.
(c) Don Diego's house.
(d) The bakery.
10. How does the Carmelo tell Juan to get his food on the journey?
(a) Hunt it.
(b) Steal it.
(c) Beg for it.
(d) Work for it.
11. What is the palace studio like?
(a) Small and secluded.
(b) Dark and elaborate.
(c) Large and lonely.
(d) Light and airy.
12. What is Don Dimas's occupation?
13. What happened to Juan's earring?
(a) Carmelo stole it.
(b) It was stolen by the blond man.
(c) He gave it to Don Dimas.
(d) Diego took it out.
14. Where is Peter Paul Reubens from?
15. What is the name of the apprentice sent to the palace with Diego?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the slave girl's worst fear?
2. What does Diego say art should be?
3. What did the slave girl suffer from when Juan gets to her house?
4. How long does it take for Juan to recover from Carmelo's beating?
5. What is the title of the person who speaks with Diego before the King comes to see him?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)