|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of the person who speaks with Diego before the King comes to see him?
2. What does Carmelo like to do around a camp fire?
(b) Drink and smoke.
(c) Sing and dance.
(d) Tell stories.
3. Where does Juan ask permission to go one day while at the palace?
(c) The lake.
(d) The market.
4. Where will Juan be helping his new master?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The garden.
(c) The drawing room.
(d) The studio.
5. What is the name of Juan's mother?
6. What does Juan ask of Dosa Trini while he is running errands?
(a) A book.
(b) Some colored pencils.
(c) An extra spool of thread.
(d) A kitten.
7. Who is sent to summon a doctor for the slave girl?
(b) The Duke.
(d) Don Diego.
8. Who does Juan eat his meals with at Diego's house?
(a) The family.
(b) The children.
(d) The cook.
9. Why are the Franciscan brothers so poor?
(a) Their crops failed.
(b) They were robbed.
(c) They give away everything they have.
(d) They were taxed too heavily.
10. What does Juan eat when he wakes up while sick with the plague?
(a) A grape.
(b) A banana.
(c) A peach.
(d) An orange.
11. What is Dosa Trini's occupation?
(a) Lace maker.
(b) Milk maid.
12. What does Mistress say love is when she sees Juan admiring the slave girl?
13. What does Juan's mistress give him money for after his mother dies?
14. What is Don Diego's occupation?
15. What color robes do the Franciscan brothers wear?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Juan stay at the convent?
2. How did Mistress feel about Master?
3. How far does Juan travel the first day of his journey to Madrid?
4. How does Juan describe Italy?
5. What does the Carmelo do on evening nights to amuse himself?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)