|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of Juan's duties to help Diego?
(a) Grind colors.
(b) Clean paintbrushes.
(c) Prepare canvases.
(d) Model for portraits.
2. Where does Brother Isidro take Juan after the inventory?
(a) The hospital.
(b) An orphanage.
(c) Diego's house.
(d) The monastery.
3. What is the palace studio like?
(a) Dark and elaborate.
(b) Large and lonely.
(c) Small and secluded.
(d) Light and airy.
4. What is the name of the apprentice sent to the palace with Diego?
5. How old is Juan when his mother died?
6. Where will Juan be helping his new master?
(a) The garden.
(b) The drawing room.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The studio.
7. Where is Peter Paul Reubens from?
8. How long does Juan agree to serve Don Dimas?
(a) 20 days.
(b) 30 days.
(c) 10 days.
(d) 40 days.
9. How does Juan describe Master?
10. Where does Juan see the first notice about the plague?
(a) Don Diego's house.
(b) The church.
(c) The bakery.
(d) The newspaper.
11. Who shows Juan how to do the hardest task he is assigned for Don Diego?
(a) Don Diego.
(b) Diego's wife.
(c) The other slave.
(d) The local tanner.
12. What is Juan given after his mother dies?
(a) A bracelet.
(b) Some hoop earings.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A ring.
13. What color is the King's hair?
14. Where did Juan live before his journey to Madrid?
15. What does Juan eat when he wakes up while sick with the plague?
(a) An orange.
(b) A peach.
(c) A grape.
(d) A banana.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juan do after the house is inventoried?
2. Who supplies tortured models for Gil Medina's work?
3. What is Don Dimas's occupation?
4. What instrument does the dainty slave girl play?
5. What happened to Juan's earring?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)