|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Juan forced to do while the house is inventoried?
(a) Be a scribe.
(b) List off the values.
(c) Sit on a hard bench.
2. What does Brother Isidro say he sees when he looks at Juan?
(a) A chance.
(b) A boy.
(c) A survivor.
(d) A slave.
3. Who shows Juan how to do the hardest task he is assigned for Don Diego?
(a) Don Diego.
(b) Diego's wife.
(c) The local tanner.
(d) The other slave.
4. What is Peter Paul Reubens' occupation?
5. Why are the Franciscan brothers so poor?
(a) They were robbed.
(b) They were taxed too heavily.
(c) Their crops failed.
(d) They give away everything they have.
6. Who is sent to summon a doctor for the slave girl?
(a) Don Diego.
(c) The Duke.
7. What is the Carmelo's occupation?
8. How old is Juan when his mother died?
9. What does the King want Diego to do in Italy?
(a) Give his self portrait to his daughter.
(b) Send a gift to the Pope.
(c) Paint the architecture.
(d) Paint a portrait of his sister.
10. What does Juan do while he waits for the magistrate to see him?
(a) Draws in the dust.
(c) Sits in the hall.
11. What does Carmelo like to do around a camp fire?
(a) Tell stories.
(b) Drink and smoke.
(c) Sing and dance.
12. Who does the Mistress say will be joining Diego's household after Juan asks to be taught to paint?
(a) More slaves.
13. What color robes do the Franciscan brothers wear?
14. What does Juan's mistress give him money for after his mother dies?
15. What does Juan say the King is hoping for?
(c) A Legacy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Don Diego's occupation?
2. What is the name of Juan's mother?
3. What does the Carmelo do on evening nights to amuse himself?
4. What disrupts Diego's work at the palace?
5. What is the name of the dainty slave girl Juan admires?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)