|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brother Isidro do the last time Juan sees him?
(a) Blesses him.
(b) Waves to him.
(c) Crosses himself.
(d) Kisses him.
2. What does the Carmelo do on evening nights to amuse himself?
(a) Cuts the animals.
(b) Tells stories.
(c) Beats Juan.
(d) Sharpens his knife.
3. Which of the following is NOT one of Juan's duties to help Diego?
(a) Prepare canvases.
(b) Clean paintbrushes.
(c) Model for portraits.
(d) Grind colors.
4. What word does Juan use to describe the slave girl's face while she is singing?
5. What does Don Dimas ask of Juan?
(a) If he stole the bread off his window ledge.
(b) If he is an orphan.
(c) If he belongs to the Carmelo.
(d) If he needs food and lodging.
6. What is the Carmelo's occupation?
7. How does the Carmelo tell Juan to get his food on the journey?
(a) Steal it.
(b) Work for it.
(c) Hunt it.
(d) Beg for it.
8. What is the palace studio like?
(a) Small and secluded.
(b) Light and airy.
(c) Dark and elaborate.
(d) Large and lonely.
9. What is Peter Paul Reubens' occupation?
10. What does Diego say art should be?
11. What does Diego say when Juan asks to learn how to paint?
(a) He needs his services elsewhere.
(b) He does not teach.
(c) He cannot teach Juan.
(d) He does not have time.
12. What does Juan do while he waits for the magistrate to see him?
(b) Draws in the dust.
(d) Sits in the hall.
13. Who owns the dainty slave girl?
(b) The Duke.
(c) Don Medina.
(d) The King.
14. What colors does Diego NOT say are part of a blue brocade?
15. What is Don Diego commissioned to paint for the King?
(a) An image of the castle.
(b) A portrait of the princess.
(c) A portrait of the King.
(d) A landscape of the King's forest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gil Medina make?
2. How long does Juan agree to serve Don Dimas?
3. Where does Juan see the first notice about the plague?
4. Who talks with Diego before the King comes to see him?
5. What did the slave girl suffer from when Juan gets to her house?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)