|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Juan woken up the morning of his journey to Madrid?
(a) A kick to the side.
(b) Cold water is dumped on him.
(c) The rooster crowing.
(d) Gentle tapping.
2. What does Juan's mistress give him money for after his mother dies?
3. What does Brother Isidro feed Juan after the inventory?
(a) Wine and Grapes.
(b) Bread and grapes.
(c) Bread and cheese.
(d) Cheese and Wine.
4. Why are the Franciscan brothers so poor?
(a) They were robbed.
(b) They give away everything they have.
(c) They were taxed too heavily.
(d) Their crops failed.
5. Which of the following is NOT one of Juan's duties to help Diego?
(a) Grind colors.
(b) Model for portraits.
(c) Prepare canvases.
(d) Clean paintbrushes.
6. How does Juan get most of his food while on his journey to Madrid?
(a) He looks in rubbage piles.
(b) He kills.
(c) He begs.
(d) He steals.
7. How long does Juan stay at the convent?
(a) 6 days.
(b) 12 days.
(c) 9 days.
(d) 3 days.
8. What does Juan eat when he wakes up while sick with the plague?
(a) A grape.
(b) A banana.
(c) An orange.
(d) A peach.
9. What does Juan practice for hours while working with Don Diego?
(a) Making frames.
(b) Mixing colors.
(c) Stretching canvas.
10. How long does it take for Juan to recover from Carmelo's beating?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 4 weeks.
11. What is Don Diego's occupation?
12. What is the Carmelo's occupation?
13. What happened to Juan's earring?
(a) Carmelo stole it.
(b) It was stolen by the blond man.
(c) Diego took it out.
(d) He gave it to Don Dimas.
14. What color is the King's hair?
15. In what country was the dainty slave girl raised
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Don Dimas's occupation?
2. What is the title of the person who speaks with Diego before the King comes to see him?
3. Who supplies tortured models for Gil Medina's work?
4. Where does Juan see the first notice about the plague?
5. How far does Juan travel the first day of his journey to Madrid?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)