|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Carmelo tell Juan to get his food on the journey?
(a) Work for it.
(b) Steal it.
(c) Beg for it.
(d) Hunt it.
2. What disrupts Diego's work at the palace?
(a) The weather.
(b) The guards.
(c) His daughters.
(d) His wife.
3. What does Don Dimas ask of Juan?
(a) If he stole the bread off his window ledge.
(b) If he is an orphan.
(c) If he needs food and lodging.
(d) If he belongs to the Carmelo.
4. How far does Juan travel the first day of his journey to Madrid?
(a) 15 miles.
(b) 20 miles.
(c) 5 miles.
(d) 10 miles.
5. Who does Juan eat his meals with at Diego's house?
(a) The family.
(c) The cook.
(d) The children.
6. How long is Diego at the palace before he sees the King?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 3 weeks.
7. What is held to honor Reubens?
(a) A parade.
(b) A ceremony.
(c) A banquet.
(d) A ball.
8. What does Juan say is on every corner of Italy?
(a) Food vendors.
9. What does Gil Medina make?
(b) Blown glass ornaments.
(c) Religious images.
10. What is the name of the dainty slave girl Juan admires?
11. Where does Juan see the first notice about the plague?
(a) Don Diego's house.
(b) The bakery.
(c) The church.
(d) The newspaper.
12. Where does Brother Isidro take Juan after the inventory?
(a) Diego's house.
(b) An orphanage.
(c) The monastery.
(d) The hospital.
13. What does Juan practice for hours while working with Don Diego?
(b) Stretching canvas.
(c) Making frames.
(d) Mixing colors.
14. Who is most upset about Juan leaving for Italy?
(b) La Niss.
15. What does Juan do after the house is inventoried?
(a) Screams in anger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Don Diego's occupation?
2. Why are the Franciscan brothers so poor?
3. What is the palace studio like?
4. What word does Juan use to describe the slave girl's face while she is singing?
5. What does Juan say Italy as a country is devoted to?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)