|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Juan say the dainty slave girl introduced into his life?
2. What does Brother Isidro say he sees when he looks at Juan?
(a) A slave.
(b) A boy.
(c) A survivor.
(d) A chance.
3. What does Don Dimas ask of Juan?
(a) If he stole the bread off his window ledge.
(b) If he needs food and lodging.
(c) If he belongs to the Carmelo.
(d) If he is an orphan.
4. What is Don Diego commissioned to paint for the King?
(a) A portrait of the King.
(b) A landscape of the King's forest.
(c) An image of the castle.
(d) A portrait of the princess.
5. How did Mistress feel about Master?
(a) She was devoted to him.
(b) She was hateful towards him.
(c) She was afraid of him.
(d) She was hardly aware of him.
6. What is Don Dimas's occupation?
7. What does Juan say is on every corner of Italy?
(d) Food vendors.
8. What does Juan eat when he wakes up while sick with the plague?
(a) A grape.
(b) An orange.
(c) A banana.
(d) A peach.
9. What is the name of the dainty slave girl Juan admires?
10. How does Juan describe Italy?
(a) Rushed and ignorant.
(b) Open and airy.
(c) Loud and angry.
(d) Dirty and crowded.
11. How far does Juan travel the first day of his journey to Madrid?
(a) 5 miles.
(b) 10 miles.
(c) 20 miles.
(d) 15 miles.
12. Who teaches Juan to read?
(b) His mistress.
(c) A preacher.
(d) Another slave.
13. What is Peter Paul Reubens' occupation?
14. What does Juan's mistress give him money for after his mother dies?
15. What color are the clothes given to Juan by Don Diego?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Juan use to describe the slave girl's face while she is singing?
2. What disrupts Diego's work at the palace?
3. What instrument does the dainty slave girl play?
4. Where does Brother Isidro take Juan after the inventory?
5. Who supplies tortured models for Gil Medina's work?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)