|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Juan ask permission to go one day while at the palace?
(b) The lake.
(c) The market.
2. What does Brother Isidro say he sees when he looks at Juan?
(a) A boy.
(b) A survivor.
(c) A chance.
(d) A slave.
3. What is Don Diego's occupation?
4. How long is Diego at the palace before he sees the King?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 2 months.
5. What color is the King's hair?
6. Who owns the dainty slave girl?
(a) The King.
(b) The Duke.
(c) Don Medina.
7. What does Juan say the King is hoping for?
(d) A Legacy.
8. What is Peter Paul Reubens' occupation?
9. What does Diego say when Juan asks to learn how to paint?
(a) He does not teach.
(b) He needs his services elsewhere.
(c) He cannot teach Juan.
(d) He does not have time.
10. What is the palace studio like?
(a) Dark and elaborate.
(b) Large and lonely.
(c) Light and airy.
(d) Small and secluded.
11. What does Juan say is on every corner of Italy?
(d) Food vendors.
12. How does Juan describe Italy?
(a) Rushed and ignorant.
(b) Open and airy.
(c) Loud and angry.
(d) Dirty and crowded.
13. How old is Juan when his mother died?
14. What does Don Dimas ask of Juan?
(a) If he stole the bread off his window ledge.
(b) If he belongs to the Carmelo.
(c) If he is an orphan.
(d) If he needs food and lodging.
15. Who teaches Juan to read?
(a) A preacher.
(c) Another slave.
(d) His mistress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gil Medina make?
2. In what country was the dainty slave girl raised
3. Which of the following is NOT one of Juan's duties to help Diego?
4. Who comes with Brother Isidro the second time he cares for Juan?
5. What colors does Diego NOT say are part of a blue brocade?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)