|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the King's hair?
2. What does Diego say art should be?
3. What does Carmelo like to do around a camp fire?
(a) Sing and dance.
(b) Drink and smoke.
(d) Tell stories.
4. What does Juan say the King is hoping for?
(d) A Legacy.
5. What delays Diego's trip to Italy?
(a) Bad weather.
(b) A sprained wrist.
(c) Bad omens in the sky.
(d) A migraine.
6. What does Brother Isidro do to quiet Juan's crying?
(a) Says the rosary.
(b) Pats his back.
(c) Sings a hymn.
(d) Combs his hair.
7. What instrument does the dainty slave girl play?
8. What does Diego say when Juan asks to learn how to paint?
(a) He needs his services elsewhere.
(b) He does not teach.
(c) He cannot teach Juan.
(d) He does not have time.
9. Who talks with Diego before the King comes to see him?
10. Who is most upset about Juan leaving for Italy?
(d) La Niss.
11. What did the slave girl suffer from when Juan gets to her house?
(a) A seizure.
(b) A high fever.
(c) A fainting spell.
(d) Retching and hallucinations.
12. Why are the Franciscan brothers so poor?
(a) Their crops failed.
(b) They were taxed too heavily.
(c) They were robbed.
(d) They give away everything they have.
13. What is the slave girl's worst fear?
(a) She will never find love.
(b) She will be a burden to her mistress.
(c) She will be sold.
(d) She will die.
14. What is held to honor Reubens?
(a) A ceremony.
(b) A parade.
(c) A banquet.
(d) A ball.
15. What does Mistress say love is when she sees Juan admiring the slave girl?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Juan ask permission to go one day while at the palace?
2. Who is sent to summon a doctor for the slave girl?
3. How far does Juan travel the first day of his journey to Madrid?
4. What is Dosa Trini's occupation?
5. What does Juan ask of Dosa Trini while he is running errands?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)