|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brother Isidro feed Juan after the inventory?
(a) Bread and cheese.
(b) Cheese and Wine.
(c) Bread and grapes.
(d) Wine and Grapes.
2. Where did Juan live before his journey to Madrid?
3. What does Juan say Italy as a country is devoted to?
(b) The Pope.
4. Who supplies tortured models for Gil Medina's work?
(b) The King.
5. What is the name of the dainty slave girl Juan admires?
6. What is the Carmelo's occupation?
7. Where does Juan ask permission to go one day while at the palace?
(a) The lake.
(c) The market.
8. How old is Juan when he learns to read?
9. How old is Juan when his mother died?
10. How does the Carmelo tell Juan to get his food on the journey?
(a) Work for it.
(b) Beg for it.
(c) Hunt it.
(d) Steal it.
11. How does Juan get most of his food while on his journey to Madrid?
(a) He looks in rubbage piles.
(b) He steals.
(c) He begs.
(d) He kills.
12. What does Dosa Trini say Juan always brings to her?
(a) Extra money.
(b) Nice news.
(c) Good luck.
(d) Happy feelings.
13. What does Brother Isidro do to quiet Juan's crying?
(a) Pats his back.
(b) Says the rosary.
(c) Sings a hymn.
(d) Combs his hair.
14. How long is Diego at the palace before he sees the King?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 2 months.
15. What is Dosa Trini's occupation?
(b) Lace maker.
(d) Milk maid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brother Isidro say he sees when he looks at Juan?
2. What is the palace studio like?
3. Who teaches Juan to read?
4. Which of the following is NOT one of Juan's duties to help Diego?
5. What does Juan say is on every corner of Italy?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)