|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Juan given after his mother dies?
(a) A bracelet.
(b) A ring.
(c) Some hoop earings.
(d) A necklace.
2. How old is Juan when he learns to read?
3. What is the name of Juan's mother?
4. What does Gil Medina make?
(a) Blown glass ornaments.
(c) Religious images.
5. What is the palace studio like?
(a) Light and airy.
(b) Dark and elaborate.
(c) Small and secluded.
(d) Large and lonely.
6. What does Dosa Trini say Juan always brings to her?
(a) Good luck.
(b) Happy feelings.
(c) Nice news.
(d) Extra money.
7. What is the slave girl's worst fear?
(a) She will never find love.
(b) She will be a burden to her mistress.
(c) She will be sold.
(d) She will die.
8. What instrument does the dainty slave girl play?
9. Where does Juan stand while Reubens is being honored?
(a) At the back of the room.
(b) In the wings.
(c) Behind his master's chair.
(d) Beside the king.
10. How does the Carmelo tell Juan to get his food on the journey?
(a) Hunt it.
(b) Work for it.
(c) Steal it.
(d) Beg for it.
11. What does Brother Isidro feed Juan after the inventory?
(a) Bread and grapes.
(b) Cheese and Wine.
(c) Bread and cheese.
(d) Wine and Grapes.
12. What happened to Juan's earring?
(a) It was stolen by the blond man.
(b) Carmelo stole it.
(c) Diego took it out.
(d) He gave it to Don Dimas.
13. Who shows Juan how to do the hardest task he is assigned for Don Diego?
(a) Don Diego.
(b) The local tanner.
(c) Diego's wife.
(d) The other slave.
14. What is the name of the apprentice sent to the palace with Diego?
15. What is Don Diego's occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Mistress say will be joining Diego's household after Juan asks to be taught to paint?
2. What is Peter Paul Reubens' occupation?
3. Where does Juan ask permission to go one day while at the palace?
4. Who does Juan eat his meals with at Diego's house?
5. Who is most upset about Juan leaving for Italy?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)