|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Juan given after his mother dies?
(a) A bracelet.
(b) Some hoop earings.
(c) A ring.
(d) A necklace.
2. What does Juan eat when he wakes up while sick with the plague?
(a) A banana.
(b) A grape.
(c) An orange.
(d) A peach.
3. What does Brother Isidro say he sees when he looks at Juan?
(a) A chance.
(b) A boy.
(c) A slave.
(d) A survivor.
4. How is Juan woken up the morning of his journey to Madrid?
(a) Cold water is dumped on him.
(b) The rooster crowing.
(c) A kick to the side.
(d) Gentle tapping.
5. What colors does Diego NOT say are part of a blue brocade?
6. What does Gil Medina make?
(a) Blown glass ornaments.
(c) Religious images.
7. What does the Carmelo do on evening nights to amuse himself?
(a) Cuts the animals.
(b) Beats Juan.
(c) Tells stories.
(d) Sharpens his knife.
8. What is the name of the apprentice sent to the palace with Diego?
9. What does Diego say when Juan asks to learn how to paint?
(a) He does not teach.
(b) He cannot teach Juan.
(c) He needs his services elsewhere.
(d) He does not have time.
10. Who supplies tortured models for Gil Medina's work?
(b) The King.
11. What color is the King's hair?
12. What happened to Juan's earring?
(a) Carmelo stole it.
(b) Diego took it out.
(c) He gave it to Don Dimas.
(d) It was stolen by the blond man.
13. What is Juan forced to do while the house is inventoried?
(a) List off the values.
(c) Be a scribe.
(d) Sit on a hard bench.
14. What does Carmelo like to do around a camp fire?
(b) Drink and smoke.
(c) Sing and dance.
(d) Tell stories.
15. What is Don Diego's occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Juan get most of his food while on his journey to Madrid?
2. What color robes do the Franciscan brothers wear?
3. How did Mistress feel about Master?
4. What is Peter Paul Reubens' occupation?
5. Who teaches Juan to read?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)