|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Juan forced to do while the house is inventoried?
(a) Sit on a hard bench.
(b) List off the values.
(c) Be a scribe.
2. What is the Carmelo's occupation?
3. What happened to Juan's earring?
(a) He gave it to Don Dimas.
(b) Carmelo stole it.
(c) Diego took it out.
(d) It was stolen by the blond man.
4. Who does Juan eat his meals with at Diego's house?
(a) The family.
(b) The cook.
(d) The children.
5. What does Mistress say love is when she sees Juan admiring the slave girl?
6. How does Juan get most of his food while on his journey to Madrid?
(a) He steals.
(b) He begs.
(c) He kills.
(d) He looks in rubbage piles.
7. What does Gil Medina make?
(b) Religious images.
(c) Blown glass ornaments.
8. What does Juan say is on every corner of Italy?
(c) Food vendors.
9. What does Brother Isidro do to quiet Juan's crying?
(a) Says the rosary.
(b) Combs his hair.
(c) Sings a hymn.
(d) Pats his back.
10. What does Diego say when Juan asks to learn how to paint?
(a) He cannot teach Juan.
(b) He needs his services elsewhere.
(c) He does not have time.
(d) He does not teach.
11. What delays Diego's trip to Italy?
(a) Bad weather.
(b) A sprained wrist.
(c) A migraine.
(d) Bad omens in the sky.
12. How long does it take for Juan to recover from Carmelo's beating?
(a) 4 weeks.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 2 weeks.
13. How long does Juan agree to serve Don Dimas?
(a) 20 days.
(b) 10 days.
(c) 30 days.
(d) 40 days.
14. Where does Juan see the first notice about the plague?
(a) The bakery.
(b) Don Diego's house.
(c) The newspaper.
(d) The church.
15. What color is the King's hair?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Don Diego live?
2. How does the Carmelo tell Juan to get his food on the journey?
3. What is Don Diego's occupation?
4. How old is Juan when his mother died?
5. Who teaches Juan to read?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)