|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes with Brother Isidro the second time he cares for Juan?
(a) A slaver.
(b) A magistrate.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A physician.
2. How long does Juan agree to serve Don Dimas?
(a) 20 days.
(b) 10 days.
(c) 40 days.
(d) 30 days.
3. Who is sent to summon a doctor for the slave girl?
(a) The Duke.
(c) Don Diego.
4. What is the name of the apprentice sent to the palace with Diego?
5. What is Peter Paul Reubens' occupation?
6. Where does Brother Isidro take Juan after the inventory?
(a) The hospital.
(b) Diego's house.
(c) An orphanage.
(d) The monastery.
7. What does Juan practice for hours while working with Don Diego?
(a) Mixing colors.
(b) Making frames.
(d) Stretching canvas.
8. How does Juan describe Italy?
(a) Loud and angry.
(b) Rushed and ignorant.
(c) Dirty and crowded.
(d) Open and airy.
9. How old is Juan when his mother died?
10. What colors does Diego NOT say are part of a blue brocade?
11. What did the slave girl suffer from when Juan gets to her house?
(a) A high fever.
(b) A seizure.
(c) A fainting spell.
(d) Retching and hallucinations.
12. What happened to Juan's earring?
(a) Diego took it out.
(b) He gave it to Don Dimas.
(c) Carmelo stole it.
(d) It was stolen by the blond man.
13. What color robes do the Franciscan brothers wear?
14. Where will Juan be helping his new master?
(a) The garden.
(b) The studio.
(c) The drawing room.
(d) The kitchen.
15. How long does Juan stay at the convent?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 9 days.
(c) 6 days.
(d) 12 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Juan woken up the morning of his journey to Madrid?
2. How does Juan get most of his food while on his journey to Madrid?
3. Who is most upset about Juan leaving for Italy?
4. Where will Diego's family stay while Diego is in Italy?
5. What is Don Diego commissioned to paint for the King?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)