|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, In Which My Portrait Is Painted.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Murillo like to paint when he returns to Seville?
(a) Poor people.
(c) Angels and Saints.
(d) Religious figures.
2. What does Bartolomy say about the law against slaves painting?
(a) It was decreed by the Pope.
(b) It is unjust.
(c) It is there for a reason.
(d) It is no longer well heeded.
3. What does Juan ask of Dosa Trini while he is running errands?
(a) An extra spool of thread.
(b) Some colored pencils.
(c) A book.
(d) A kitten.
4. What word does Juan use to describe the slave girl's face while she is singing?
5. What does Brother Isidro do the last time Juan sees him?
(a) Crosses himself.
(b) Waves to him.
(c) Kisses him.
(d) Blesses him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juan eat when he wakes up while sick with the plague?
2. What is the palace studio like?
3. What does Francisco Lezcano compare himself to while talking to Juan?
4. What does Juan do while he waits for the magistrate to see him?
5. How does the Pope feel about the portrait Don Diego paints of him?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)