|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, In Which I Confess.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brother Isidro say he sees when he looks at Juan?
(a) A chance.
(b) A survivor.
(c) A slave.
(d) A boy.
2. What is Juan worried will be found while he is traveling to Northern Spain with Don Diego?
(a) His love letters.
(b) His mother's jewelery.
(c) His saved money.
(d) His paintings.
3. What does Bartolomy say about the law against slaves painting?
(a) It is unjust.
(b) It was decreed by the Pope.
(c) It is no longer well heeded.
(d) It is there for a reason.
4. How does Diego feel about the King?
(a) He is intimidated by him.
(b) He finds him crude and cruel.
(c) He has real affection for him.
(d) He thinks him polite and stupid.
5. Why are the Franciscan brothers so poor?
(a) Their crops failed.
(b) They were taxed too heavily.
(c) They were robbed.
(d) They give away everything they have.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juan do secretly while in Spain?
2. What instrument does the dainty slave girl play?
3. Why does Juan say he no longer takes Communion?
4. What colors does Diego NOT say are part of a blue brocade?
5. How far does Juan travel the first day of his journey to Madrid?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)