|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, In Which I Meet Don Carmelo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the Franciscan brothers so poor?
(a) They were robbed.
(b) They give away everything they have.
(c) They were taxed too heavily.
(d) Their crops failed.
2. What does the Carmelo do on evening nights to amuse himself?
(a) Cuts the animals.
(b) Sharpens his knife.
(c) Tells stories.
(d) Beats Juan.
3. How long does Juan agree to serve Don Dimas?
(a) 20 days.
(b) 30 days.
(c) 10 days.
(d) 40 days.
4. How old is Juan when he learns to read?
5. What is Juan forced to do while the house is inventoried?
(b) Be a scribe.
(c) Sit on a hard bench.
(d) List off the values.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Don Diego's occupation?
2. What does Juan do while he waits for the magistrate to see him?
3. How does Juan describe Master?
4. How old is Juan when his mother died?
5. How long does Juan stay at the convent?
This section contains 152 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)