|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, In Which I Meet Don Carmelo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Juan stay at the convent?
(a) 9 days.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 6 days.
(d) 12 days.
2. What does Juan eat when he wakes up while sick with the plague?
(a) A grape.
(b) A peach.
(c) A banana.
(d) An orange.
3. What is Juan given after his mother dies?
(a) A bracelet.
(b) A ring.
(c) A necklace.
(d) Some hoop earings.
4. What does Don Dimas ask of Juan?
(a) If he belongs to the Carmelo.
(b) If he stole the bread off his window ledge.
(c) If he needs food and lodging.
(d) If he is an orphan.
5. Who comes with Brother Isidro the second time he cares for Juan?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A magistrate.
(c) A slaver.
(d) A physician.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Juan when his mother died?
2. Where does Juan see the first notice about the plague?
3. What color robes do the Franciscan brothers wear?
4. Where does Don Diego live?
5. How old is Juan when he learns to read?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)