|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, In Which I Meet Don Carmelo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Juan forced to do while the house is inventoried?
(a) List off the values.
(b) Be a scribe.
(d) Sit on a hard bench.
2. How far does Juan travel the first day of his journey to Madrid?
(a) 15 miles.
(b) 20 miles.
(c) 10 miles.
(d) 5 miles.
3. How did Mistress feel about Master?
(a) She was devoted to him.
(b) She was hardly aware of him.
(c) She was hateful towards him.
(d) She was afraid of him.
4. How does the Carmelo tell Juan to get his food on the journey?
(a) Hunt it.
(b) Beg for it.
(c) Steal it.
(d) Work for it.
5. What does the Carmelo do on evening nights to amuse himself?
(a) Cuts the animals.
(b) Beats Juan.
(c) Tells stories.
(d) Sharpens his knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juan's mistress give him money for after his mother dies?
2. What is the Carmelo's occupation?
3. Where does Juan see the first notice about the plague?
4. How does Juan describe Master?
5. How long does Juan agree to serve Don Dimas?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)