|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, In Which I Meet Don Carmelo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carmelo like to do around a camp fire?
(a) Sing and dance.
(c) Drink and smoke.
(d) Tell stories.
2. What is Juan given after his mother dies?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A bracelet.
(c) Some hoop earings.
(d) A ring.
3. How long does Juan agree to serve Don Dimas?
(a) 40 days.
(b) 20 days.
(c) 30 days.
(d) 10 days.
4. What does Brother Isidro do the last time Juan sees him?
(a) Crosses himself.
(b) Waves to him.
(c) Kisses him.
(d) Blesses him.
5. What does Juan eat when he wakes up while sick with the plague?
(a) A banana.
(b) An orange.
(c) A peach.
(d) A grape.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Don Dimas's occupation?
2. How long does Juan stay at the convent?
3. Where does Juan see the first notice about the plague?
4. How does the Carmelo tell Juan to get his food on the journey?
5. What does the Carmelo do on evening nights to amuse himself?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)