|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, In Which I Meet Don Carmelo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who teaches Juan to read?
(a) Another slave.
(b) A preacher.
(d) His mistress.
2. What does Juan do while he waits for the magistrate to see him?
(a) Sits in the hall.
(b) Draws in the dust.
3. What does Brother Isidro feed Juan after the inventory?
(a) Wine and Grapes.
(b) Bread and cheese.
(c) Bread and grapes.
(d) Cheese and Wine.
4. How long does Juan agree to serve Don Dimas?
(a) 20 days.
(b) 30 days.
(c) 10 days.
(d) 40 days.
5. How does the Carmelo tell Juan to get his food on the journey?
(a) Beg for it.
(b) Work for it.
(c) Steal it.
(d) Hunt it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juan do while working for Don Dimas?
2. What does the Carmelo do on evening nights to amuse himself?
3. What does Juan's mistress give him money for after his mother dies?
4. What does Brother Isidro do the last time Juan sees him?
5. How does Juan describe Master?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)