|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, In Which I Meet Don Carmelo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Carmelo tell Juan to get his food on the journey?
(a) Work for it.
(b) Beg for it.
(c) Steal it.
(d) Hunt it.
2. How did Mistress feel about Master?
(a) She was hateful towards him.
(b) She was devoted to him.
(c) She was hardly aware of him.
(d) She was afraid of him.
3. What does Juan do after the house is inventoried?
(b) Screams in anger.
4. What does Brother Isidro say he sees when he looks at Juan?
(a) A slave.
(b) A chance.
(c) A boy.
(d) A survivor.
5. What does Juan eat when he wakes up while sick with the plague?
(a) An orange.
(b) A banana.
(c) A peach.
(d) A grape.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Juan when he learns to read?
2. Where does Brother Isidro take Juan after the inventory?
3. How does Juan describe Master?
4. Where does Juan see the first notice about the plague?
5. How far does Juan travel the first day of his journey to Madrid?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)