|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, In Which Rubens Visits Our Court.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the Franciscan brothers so poor?
(a) Their crops failed.
(b) They were taxed too heavily.
(c) They were robbed.
(d) They give away everything they have.
2. What does Brother Isidro do the last time Juan sees him?
(a) Crosses himself.
(b) Kisses him.
(c) Waves to him.
(d) Blesses him.
3. How old is Juan when his mother died?
4. What does Brother Isidro say he sees when he looks at Juan?
(a) A boy.
(b) A chance.
(c) A slave.
(d) A survivor.
5. Who comes with Brother Isidro the second time he cares for Juan?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A slaver.
(c) A physician.
(d) A magistrate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Juan's mother?
2. What does Juan do while working for Don Dimas?
3. What is the name of the apprentice sent to the palace with Diego?
4. Who teaches Juan to read?
5. What is Don Diego commissioned to paint for the King?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)