|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, In Which My Portrait Is Painted.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Mistress while Juan and Don Diego were in Italy?
(a) She got sick.
(b) The house was robbed.
(c) She broke her leg.
(d) She was heavily taxed.
2. How long does it take for Juan to recover from Carmelo's beating?
(a) 4 weeks.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 2 weeks.
3. Where will Juan be helping his new master?
(a) The drawing room.
(b) The studio.
(c) The garden.
(d) The kitchen.
4. How does Diego feel about Olivares?
(a) He is intimidated by him.
(b) He has real affection for him.
(c) He finds him crude and cruel.
(d) He thinks him polite and stupid.
5. Who is the first person Juan tries to get excited about Don Diego's talents?
(a) The High Cardinal.
(b) The Duke of Ponti.
(c) The Earl of Eastwhich.
(d) The Camerlengo.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Pope feel about the portrait Don Diego paints of him?
2. What does Diego paint a picture of after his daughter is engaged?
3. What does Juan show the nobles to get them excited about Don Diego's talents?
4. Which of the following adjectives does Juan NOT use to describe the portrait of the Pope?
5. What special talent does the slave have that Mistress bought while Don Diego was in Italy?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)