|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, In Which My Portrait Is Painted.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take for Juan to recover from Carmelo's beating?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 4 weeks.
(d) 2 weeks.
2. What is Don Diego commissioned to paint for the King?
(a) A landscape of the King's forest.
(b) An image of the castle.
(c) A portrait of the King.
(d) A portrait of the princess.
3. What does Diego's wife say being married to a painter has been like?
(c) A constant adventure.
(d) A long journey.
4. How does the Pope feel about the portrait Don Diego paints of him?
(a) He does not recognize himself in it.
(b) He thinks it is marvelous.
(c) He is delighted with it.
(d) He does not care for it.
5. What does Paquita ask Juan to send to her secret lover?
(a) A picture of herself.
(b) A red flower.
(c) A small bible.
(d) A ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Diego find that tells him of his daughter's love affair?
2. Where will Juan be helping his new master?
3. What special talent does the slave have that Mistress bought while Don Diego was in Italy?
4. What does the new slave in Juan's house say she wants Juan to be?
5. Which of the following adjectives does Juan NOT use to describe the portrait of the Pope?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)