|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, In Which My Portrait Is Painted.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What special talent does the slave have that Mistress bought while Don Diego was in Italy?
(a) She is a healer.
(b) She can sense the weather changes.
(c) She can see the future.
(d) She can sing well.
2. Who is the first person Juan tries to get excited about Don Diego's talents?
(a) The High Cardinal.
(b) The Duke of Ponti.
(c) The Earl of Eastwhich.
(d) The Camerlengo.
3. What does Juan wear when his portrait is painted?
(a) Elaborate dressing gown.
(b) His night clothes.
(c) A suit borrowed from Don Diego.
(d) His every day clothes.
4. What does Diego find that tells him of his daughter's love affair?
(a) A letter.
(b) Lipstick stains on his apprentice's shirt.
(c) A picture of Paquita.
(d) The red flower.
5. Which of the following adjectives does Juan NOT use to describe the portrait of the Pope?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take for Juan to recover from Carmelo's beating?
2. What does Juan show the nobles to get them excited about Don Diego's talents?
3. What color are the clothes given to Juan by Don Diego?
4. How does the new slave in Juan's house feel about being a slave?
5. What is Don Diego commissioned to paint for the King?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)