|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, In Which My Portrait Is Painted.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Don Diego sign his name?
(a) A large D and a small N.
(b) Two small v's.
(c) A large V.
(d) Two large D's.
2. What does Juan practice for hours while working with Don Diego?
(a) Stretching canvas.
(c) Making frames.
(d) Mixing colors.
3. What does Juan show the nobles to get them excited about Don Diego's talents?
(a) Shows them his portfolio.
(b) Reads a letter from the King of Spain.
(c) Tells them what a great artist he is.
(d) Shows them the portrait of himself.
4. What happened to Juan's earring?
(a) He gave it to Don Dimas.
(b) Carmelo stole it.
(c) Diego took it out.
(d) It was stolen by the blond man.
5. What does Don Diego say most people are fond of?
(a) The way they look.
(b) Talking with an artist.
(c) Their importance.
(d) Being admired.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will Juan be helping his new master?
2. What does Diego find that tells him of his daughter's love affair?
3. What does Paquita ask Juan to send to her secret lover?
4. What does the new slave in Juan's house say she wants Juan to be?
5. What does Diego paint a picture of after his daughter is engaged?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)