|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, In Which My Portrait Is Painted.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Mistress say will be joining Diego's household after Juan asks to be taught to paint?
(a) More slaves.
2. How does Diego feel about Olivares?
(a) He finds him crude and cruel.
(b) He thinks him polite and stupid.
(c) He has real affection for him.
(d) He is intimidated by him.
3. What does the King do while sitting for his paintings?
(a) Tells stories of his childhood.
(b) Talks about deep matters.
(c) Asks questions.
(d) Sits quietly.
4. Who is the first person Juan tries to get excited about Don Diego's talents?
(a) The Camerlengo.
(b) The Duke of Ponti.
(c) The High Cardinal.
(d) The Earl of Eastwhich.
5. Where will Juan be helping his new master?
(a) The garden.
(b) The studio.
(c) The drawing room.
(d) The kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What special talent does the slave have that Mistress bought while Don Diego was in Italy?
2. What does Paquita ask Juan to send to her secret lover?
3. What does Diego paint a picture of after his daughter is engaged?
4. What does Juan show the nobles to get them excited about Don Diego's talents?
5. What colors does Diego NOT say are part of a blue brocade?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)