|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When a man is shot and left for dead, what does he do before guards finally kill him?
2. What does the family see on April 7, 1951?
3. What happens to those who remain in the infirmary longer than three weeks at Auschwitz?
4. When Elli returns from her punishment for retrieving her coat, what has her mother done?
5. What is discovered when the women arrive at Camp Landsberg?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Laura's life change after the liberation?
2. Why does Elli's dream convince her that her father is dead?
3. Why does the family make plans to leave their home town?
4. What are Elli's mixed feelings concerning her new clothes at Augsburg?
5. At first, how do the military guards treat the women, and how do the women respond at Augsburg?
6. What is significant about Elli's tattoo at Auschwitz?
7. Why does Elli call her and her mother's reunion a "divine miracle"?
8. Why does the arrival of an SS guard change the women's conditions at Augsburg?
9. Why are the military guards so confused at Augsburg, and what does this say about Elli's condition?
10. What is the difficulty the women face after the group of men and women from the uprising are killed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What made Elli live "for a thousand years"?
Essay Topic 2
What role did Bubi have as the only remaining male in his family?
Essay Topic 3
How did the incremental changes Jews faced during World War II ultimately lead to the destruction of many Jews?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)