|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Laura as she struggles because of her partial paralysis?
2. When the train from Muhldorf pulls into a station at noon, what do the guards tell the prisoners?
3. When Elli returns from her punishment for retrieving her coat, what has her mother done?
4. After the women's first night at Augsburg, how do the women react to their treatment?
5. Why does Laura put a piece of cloth around Bubi's head?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Elli feel so different about her town after the war?
2. What do Elli and Laura do with the saved soup? Why?
3. What do the women's sleeping arrangements at Auschwitz demonstrate about their treatment?
4. What is significant about Elli's tattoo at Auschwitz?
5. What makes traveling to Auschwitz so difficult?
6. What is Elli's internal conflict about making parts for German aircraft?
7. Why does the entire barrack stay up at night reading a prayer book?
8. Why does Elli become angry toward her mother after she saved soup for Elli?
9. What are Elli's mixed feelings concerning her new clothes at Augsburg?
10. Why are the military guards so confused at Augsburg, and what does this say about Elli's condition?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role did Bubi have as the only remaining male in his family?
Essay Topic 2
Laura faced numerous conflicts, both internally and externally. What were her greatest conflicts, and whom did they most affect?
Essay Topic 3
What was the greatest internal conflict a concentration camp prisoner faced? Why?
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)