|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the women arrive in Augsburg, what initially confuses the military guards?
2. What is Laura's assignment at Waldlager?
3. How do Elli, Laura, and Bubi make the trip home?
4. In "Herr Zerkubel" how are the women sorted?
5. The women learn that the civilians killed earlier were part of ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Laura's life change after the liberation?
2. What is Elli's internal conflict about making parts for German aircraft?
3. At first, how do the military guards treat the women, and how do the women respond at Augsburg?
4. What is the difficulty the women face after the group of men and women from the uprising are killed?
5. How do the prisoners behave on the cars that leave from the Muhldorf train station?
6. Why do other women help Elli with her mother?
7. What does the interaction between Bubi and Laura at the Muhldorf train station show readers?
8. What do Elli and Laura do with the saved soup? Why?
9. Why does Bitton-Jackson include great details about the family's trip back to their home?
10. Why does Elli become angry toward her mother after she saved soup for Elli?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did concentration camp prisoners handle helping each other? Were they more helpful or selfish than under regular life circumstances?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze Elli's dream the night her father died. How did this dream prove that her father was dead?
Essay Topic 3
Explore how Elli's father had to leave the family. What impact did her father's leaving have on Elli's life?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)