Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do many families cook in "The Ghetto"?
2. The night before the men are to leave for work camp, what does Laura pack for their trip?
3. Under what conditions does Elli leave her school?
4. Why does Elli not have the chance to graduate?
5. For what are the women punished at Auschwitz?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is sad concerning Laura and Elli's work on leveling a hillside in preparation of construction?
2. What do the events from the chapter "Mommy, There's a Worm in Your Soup" demonstrate?
3. Why is the first chapter titled "The City of My Dreams"?
4. How do the prisoners behave on the cars that leave from the Muhldorf train station?
5. Why are the military guards so confused at Augsburg, and what does this say about Elli's condition?
6. Why does Elli's dream convince her that her father is dead?
7. At first, how do the military guards treat the women, and how do the women respond at Augsburg?
8. What honesty does the chapter "Teen Vanity" bring to the book?
9. What are the prisoners reactions to the gunfire and planes in "It's An American Plane"?
10. What reactions does Elli's poetry bring from her parents?
Essay Topic 1
What was the greatest internal conflict a concentration camp prisoner faced? Why?
Essay Topic 2
What was Elli's mood at the start of her story? How did her mood change?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze Elli's dream the night her father died. How did this dream prove that her father was dead?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)