|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does a girl have blood running down her leg?
2. As a young girl screams, what do the female prisoners begin to smell?
3. The night before the men are to leave for work camp, what does Laura pack for their trip?
4. Where do Laura and Elli visit before they traveled to Nagymagyar?
5. As the guards order women to take their blankets inside, what do they do to the women?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reactions does Elli's poetry bring from her parents?
2. What is Bubi's relationship with other people?
3. What does Elli's relationship with Jansci bring to her life?
4. Why does Elli's father become like "a statue of stone" as the family prepares for Nagymagyar?
5. What is the mood when the women smell gas behind closed doors?
6. What does the new rule that Jews are not to socialize at all with Christians do to Elli and her family?
7. What is Laura's fear as she and Elli leave Auschwitz?
8. What is the irony of Laura's excitement about moving to a work camp?
9. Why does Elli and her mother go to the cemetery before leaving for the ghetto?
10. What happens to the prisoners when they arrive at Auschwitz?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Considering Jewish beliefs and customs, what were purposeful and degrading rituals at concentration camps?
Essay Topic 2
What was the greatest internal conflict a concentration camp prisoner faced? Why?
Essay Topic 3
What was Elli's mood at the start of her story? How did her mood change?
This section contains 992 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)