|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bubi manage to return from Budapest after the story breaks in the papers?
2. What story does Bubbi tell his family in the middle of the night?
3. The night before they are to leave for work camp, what is Elli's final image of her father?
4. Where do Laura and Elli visit before they traveled to Nagymagyar?
5. Why do soldiers order Elli to go to Nagymagyar?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the guards hit the women who bring blankets outside?
2. Why does Elli jump on the guard's back?
3. How do the prisoners behave on the cars that leave from the Muhldorf train station?
4. What are Elli's confused feelings when the women learn about the attempted uprising?
5. What is Elli's fear as she and Laura leave Auschwitz the first time?
6. At first, how do the military guards treat the women, and how do the women respond at Augsburg?
7. What do the women's sleeping arrangements at Auschwitz demonstrate about their treatment?
8. What is Laura's fear as she and Elli leave Auschwitz?
9. Why is the first chapter titled "The City of My Dreams"?
10. Why do soldiers make members of the ghetto surrender all books, documents, and photos?
Essay Topic 1
What role did Bubi have as the only remaining male in his family?
Essay Topic 2
In concentration camps, what aspect of the women's lives did the guards not control?
Essay Topic 3
What was the greatest internal conflict a concentration camp prisoner faced? Why?
This section contains 1,239 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)