|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Elli's punishment for retrieving her coat?
(a) Running in the snow.
(b) Standing in a hall all day without water or food.
(c) Kneeling on uncooked rice for an hour.
(d) Scrubbing bathroom floors.
2. When the women leave Plaszow, how do the guards force the inmates to travel?
(a) Without dinner.
(c) With new shoes.
(d) One hundred to a car.
3. What is discovered when the women arrive at Camp Landsberg?
(a) Camp Landsberg is full of men.
(b) The women are too weak to work.
(c) Too many women have died.
(d) Camp Landsberg is filled to capacity.
4. After Elli returns from her punishment for retrieving her coat, how do Elli and Laura react to the day's events?
(a) They physically fight each other.
(b) They fall into bed, inconsolable.
(c) They do not sleep at all.
(d) They laugh at each other.
5. After the women waited to travel from Plaszow, what news do they receive?
(a) People will be let off soon.
(b) Food will be distributed soon.
(c) Dr. Mengele is dead.
(d) Thirty more people will be added to each car.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the women's first night at Augsburg, how do guards feed them?
2. When the train traveling from the Muhldorf train station stops near a cornfield, what do many prisoners do?
3. How do the guards carry out an act of decimation?
4. What do the women who shoveled snow at Augsburg find?
5. When do Elli, Laura, and Bubi begin making the trip home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the military guards so confused at Augsburg, and what does this say about Elli's condition?
2. Why does Elli feel so different about her town after the war?
3. What would lead the local woman to believe Elli is "sixty or sixty-two" years old?
4. Why does the entire barrack stay up at night reading a prayer book?
5. What do Elli and Laura do with the saved soup? Why?
6. What are Elli's confused feelings when the women learn about the attempted uprising?
7. What does the interaction between Bubi and Laura at the Muhldorf train station show readers?
8. What makes traveling to Auschwitz so difficult?
9. How does Laura's life change after the liberation?
10. What are the prisoners reactions to the gunfire and planes in "It's An American Plane"?
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)