|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the guards give the women new clothes at Augsburg, what does Elli receive?
(a) A pink dress and worn coat.
(b) Ugly pants and a thin shirt.
(c) Comfortable shoes and a warm coat.
(d) A rough dress and small shoes.
2. How does Laura respond when the military guard asks her if she can hurry?
(a) Her daughter needs her to stay back.
(b) She can not go faster.
(c) She does not want to hurry.
(d) She does not care.
3. After Elli's last train ride under the German soldiers' control, who is there when the doors open?
(a) Local townpeople.
(b) More German soldiers.
(c) Josef Mengele.
(d) American soldiers.
4. When the women arrive in Augsburg, what initially confuses the military guards?
(a) They think the women are to be stronger.
(b) They think fewer prisoners are coming.
(c) They think the women are men.
(d) They think the SS would be more helpful.
5. Where did Bubi's father die?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Elli feel about completing a complex part for her work at Augsburg?
2. What do the local people say concerning the concentration camps?
3. What is Laura's assignment at Waldlager?
4. When an SS guard arrives at Augsburg, how does the women's treatment change?
5. After the women's first night at Augsburg, how do the women react to their treatment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the prisoners reactions to the gunfire and planes in "It's An American Plane"?
2. Why does Elli jump on the guard's back?
3. What is Elli's internal conflict about making parts for German aircraft?
4. Why does Elli feel so different about her town after the war?
5. Why does Elli's dream convince her that her father is dead?
6. What is the difficulty the women face after the group of men and women from the uprising are killed?
7. Why does the arrival of an SS guard change the women's conditions at Augsburg?
8. What do the events from the chapter "Mommy, There's a Worm in Your Soup" demonstrate?
9. Why does Elli call her and her mother's reunion a "divine miracle"?
10. Why does the entire barrack stay up at night reading a prayer book?
This section contains 993 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)