|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Laura respond when the military guard asks her if she can hurry?
(a) Her daughter needs her to stay back.
(b) She does not care.
(c) She can not go faster.
(d) She does not want to hurry.
2. A local woman thinks that Elli is __________years old.
3. Why are the women often forced to strip?
(a) For showers and examinations.
(b) For new clothes.
(c) For numbering.
(d) For new prisoners.
4. If Elli and her mother fail to keep pace at work, what is to be their punishment?
(a) A standing stall.
(c) Reduced food rations.
5. When Elli arrived at Auschwitz the second time, what are the new barracks like?
(a) They are made of metal.
(b) They have no blankets.
(c) They are tiers of bunks.
(d) They are cleaner than their previous ones.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the war, how does Laura earn money for food?
2. When an SS guard arrives at Augsburg, how does the women's treatment change?
3. What does Laura keep wrapped around her foot?
4. After the women waited to travel from Plaszow, what news do they receive?
5. When the train traveling from the Muhldorf train station stops near a cornfield, what do many prisoners do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bitton-Jackson include great details about the family's trip back to their home?
2. Why are the military guards so confused at Augsburg, and what does this say about Elli's condition?
3. What is sad concerning Laura and Elli's work on leveling a hillside in preparation of construction?
4. What are Elli's mixed feelings concerning her new clothes at Augsburg?
5. What are the prisoners reactions to the gunfire and planes in "It's An American Plane"?
6. Why does Elli feel so different about her town after the war?
7. What do the events from the chapter "Mommy, There's a Worm in Your Soup" demonstrate?
8. Why do other women help Elli with her mother?
9. What do Elli and Laura do with the saved soup? Why?
10. What would lead the local woman to believe Elli is "sixty or sixty-two" years old?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)