|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After discussing Elli's age, what does the local woman do as she leaves?
(a) She cries.
(b) She makes the sign of the cross.
(c) She hugs Elli.
(d) She pats Elli.
2. After the attempted uprising, what rumor do the women hear?
(a) Food will stop being served.
(b) Americans are coming.
(c) Guards are sending them to the gas chambers.
(d) Hitler is dead.
3. When the guards give the women new clothes at Augsburg, what does Elli receive?
(a) A rough dress and small shoes.
(b) A pink dress and worn coat.
(c) Ugly pants and a thin shirt.
(d) Comfortable shoes and a warm coat.
4. When the prisoners leaves the cars for the final time, what do the local people do?
(a) Push the train cars away.
(b) Take them home.
(c) Give them aid.
(d) Run from them.
5. What is Laura's assignment at Waldlager?
(a) Scrubbing the floors.
(b) Cleaning the stables.
(c) Organizing clothes.
(d) Working in the kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does an SS officer severely beat Elli?
2. At what point does Elli say she is a true concentration camp inmate?
3. If Elli and her mother fail to keep pace at work, what is to be their punishment?
4. When the train from Muhldorf pulls into a station at noon, what is there?
5. How does Laura make a lamp for the Sabbath at Augsburg?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is sad concerning Laura and Elli's work on leveling a hillside in preparation of construction?
2. Why does Elli want to sing the American national anthem when she arrives at the Statue of Liberty?
3. Why does Elli jump on the guard's back?
4. Why does the family make plans to leave their home town?
5. Why does the entire barrack stay up at night reading a prayer book?
6. Why are the military guards so confused at Augsburg, and what does this say about Elli's condition?
7. What are Elli's confused feelings when the women learn about the attempted uprising?
8. What do the events from the chapter "Mommy, There's a Worm in Your Soup" demonstrate?
9. At first, how do the military guards treat the women, and how do the women respond at Augsburg?
10. How does Laura's life change after the liberation?
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)