|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Elli's punishment for retrieving her coat?
(a) Running in the snow.
(b) Kneeling on uncooked rice for an hour.
(c) Standing in a hall all day without water or food.
(d) Scrubbing bathroom floors.
2. When the train from Muhldorf pulls into a station at noon, what do the guards tell the prisoners?
(a) To stay on the trains.
(b) To come to the window of the cars for hot soup.
(c) To lie to locals about their situations.
(d) To steal food if they want some.
3. Why are the women often forced to strip?
(a) For new prisoners.
(b) For new clothes.
(c) For showers and examinations.
(d) For numbering.
4. In June, what work do the guards assign Elli and her mother?
(a) Cleaning clothes.
(b) Sewing blankets.
(c) Assembling guns.
(d) Leveling a hillside.
5. When the women arrive in Augsburg, what do the SS guards immediately do?
(b) Beat them.
(c) Force them to strip.
(d) Give them bread.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Elli respond to the local woman guessing her age?
2. Who plans to help the family in New York?
3. What happens the day the food arrives early at Laura and Elli's work?
4. How do the guards carry out an act of decimation?
5. When the train traveling from the Muhldorf train station stops near a cornfield, what does Laura do?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)