|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long wis Elli and Laura's lunch break?
(a) They never recieve a lunch break.
(b) Fifteen minutes.
(c) Half hour.
(d) An hour.
2. Later, after she has the clothes for a bit, how does Elli feel in her new clothes she receives at Augsburg?
3. In June, what work do the guards assign Elli and her mother?
(a) Sewing blankets.
(b) Cleaning clothes.
(c) Assembling guns.
(d) Leveling a hillside.
4. In "Herr Zerkubel" how are the women sorted?
(a) By weight.
(b) By height.
(c) By age.
(d) By hair and eye color.
5. What is Laura's assignment at Waldlager?
(a) Organizing clothes.
(b) Working in the kitchen.
(c) Cleaning the stables.
(d) Scrubbing the floors.
Short Answer Questions
1. When a military guard asks Laura her name, how does she reply?
2. What happens to those who remain in the infirmary longer than three weeks at Auschwitz?
3. The women learn that the civilians killed earlier were part of ___________.
4. When the women arrive in Augsburg, what do the SS guards immediately do?
5. How do Elli, Laura, and Bubi make the trip home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Elli become angry toward her mother after she saved soup for Elli?
2. Why does the family make plans to leave their home town?
3. What do the events from the chapter "Mommy, There's a Worm in Your Soup" demonstrate?
4. What does the interaction between Bubi and Laura at the Muhldorf train station show readers?
5. Why does the entire barrack stay up at night reading a prayer book?
6. Why does Elli feel so different about her town after the war?
7. Why does Elli jump on the guard's back?
8. At first, how do the military guards treat the women, and how do the women respond at Augsburg?
9. What is the difficulty the women face after the group of men and women from the uprising are killed?
10. What are Elli's confused feelings when the women learn about the attempted uprising?
This section contains 984 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)