|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Elli and Laura do the night before the scheduled decimation?
(a) Give away their blankets.
(b) Read a prayer book.
(c) Sleep extra.
(d) Eat their reserves.
2. When a military guard asks Laura her name, how does she reply?
(a) With her sister's name.
(b) With her mother's name.
(c) With a fake name.
(d) With her tattooed number.
3. During the women's first night at Augsburg, how do guards feed them?
(a) The same as always.
(b) A reasonable amount of good food.
(c) They were not fed.
(d) Very poorly.
4. When the train from Muhldorf pulls into a station at noon, what is there?
(a) More priosners.
(b) A group of bystanders, who throw food at the prisoners.
(c) Trucks with red crosses painted on them.
(d) New guards.
5. When a rainstorm hits suddenly, what are the women doing?
(b) Scrubbing the barrack's floors.
(c) Cleaning the kitchen.
(d) Moving dirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the train from Muhldorf pulls into a station at noon, what happens as the prisoners stand outside the cars?
2. When an SS guard arrives at Augsburg, how does the women's treatment change?
3. How does Elli respond to the local woman guessing her age?
4. As the women traveled, what makes them feel better?
5. When a man is shot and left for dead, what does he do before guards finally kill him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Elli become angry toward her mother after she saved soup for Elli?
2. What is significant about Elli's tattoo at Auschwitz?
3. What makes traveling to Auschwitz so difficult?
4. What is Elli's internal conflict about making parts for German aircraft?
5. What are Elli's confused feelings when the women learn about the attempted uprising?
6. Why does Elli feel so different about her town after the war?
7. What do the events from the chapter "Mommy, There's a Worm in Your Soup" demonstrate?
8. Why do other women help Elli with her mother?
9. How does Laura's life change after the liberation?
10. Why does Elli's dream convince her that her father is dead?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)