|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Elli arrives at Auschwitz the second time, what do the inmates receive?
(c) A tattoo.
(d) Extra blankets.
2. How long wis Elli and Laura's lunch break?
(a) An hour.
(b) Fifteen minutes.
(c) Half hour.
(d) They never recieve a lunch break.
3. When a man is shot and left for dead, what does he do before guards finally kill him?
(a) Hurls himself at an SS guard.
(b) Runs down the tracks.
(c) Opens the door.
(d) Shoots a guard.
4. When Elli arrives at Auschwitz for the second time, what does Laura continually tell Elli?
(a) She can't go on.
(b) To get her water.
(c) To survive.
(d) Elli should find Bubi.
5. On the train, why could a girl not see?
(a) She stabbed herself.
(b) She had poison in her eye.
(c) She had a needle in her eye.
(d) She was shot in the eye.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Elli and Laura do the night before the scheduled decimation?
2. When a rainstorm hits suddenly, what are the women doing?
3. When a military guard asks Laura her name, how does she reply?
4. What task do the military guards give Elli at Augsburg?
5. At the Muhldorf train station, Elli and Laura lose sight of whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Elli feel so different about her town after the war?
2. What is the importance of Laura keeping her handkerchief?
3. Why are the military guards so confused at Augsburg, and what does this say about Elli's condition?
4. What are the prisoners reactions to the gunfire and planes in "It's An American Plane"?
5. What are Elli's mixed feelings concerning her new clothes at Augsburg?
6. Why does Bitton-Jackson include great details about the family's trip back to their home?
7. Why does Elli's dream convince her that her father is dead?
8. What do Elli and Laura do with the saved soup? Why?
9. What are Elli's confused feelings when the women learn about the attempted uprising?
10. Why do Elli, Bubi, and Laura vow never to separate again?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)