|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When a man is shot and left for dead, what does he do before guards finally kill him?
(a) Shoots a guard.
(b) Opens the door.
(c) Hurls himself at an SS guard.
(d) Runs down the tracks.
2. When an SS guard arrives at Augsburg, how does the women's treatment change?
(a) Their treatment becomes better.
(b) Their food rations increase, as does their work.
(c) Their treatment does not change.
(d) Their treatment becomes worse.
3. When the women leave Plaszow, how do the guards force the inmates to travel?
(b) With new shoes.
(c) Without dinner.
(d) One hundred to a car.
4. After the train from Muhldorf pulls into a station at noon, what do the planes overhead do?
(a) Fire on the train formation.
(b) Drop bombs.
(c) Fly away.
(d) Take pictures.
5. When Elli arrives at Auschwitz the second time, what do the inmates receive?
(a) Extra blankets.
(c) A tattoo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the family see on April 7, 1951?
2. How do Elli, Laura, and Bubi make the trip home?
3. How does Laura respond when the military guard asks her if she can hurry?
4. In June, what work do the guards assign Elli and her mother?
5. Why does an SS officer severely beat Elli?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the family make plans to leave their home town?
2. What makes traveling to Auschwitz so difficult?
3. At first, how do the military guards treat the women, and how do the women respond at Augsburg?
4. What do the women's sleeping arrangements at Auschwitz demonstrate about their treatment?
5. Why does Elli's dream convince her that her father is dead?
6. What are Elli's confused feelings when the women learn about the attempted uprising?
7. What is the difficulty the women face after the group of men and women from the uprising are killed?
8. Why does Elli call her and her mother's reunion a "divine miracle"?
9. Why does Elli jump on the guard's back?
10. What is significant about Elli's tattoo at Auschwitz?
This section contains 1,036 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)