|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During selection, to what side do the guards send Aunt Serene?
(a) Back to the cattle cars.
(b) To a factory.
(c) To the left.
(d) To the right.
2. How does Elli's planned meeting with Jansci occur?
(a) It goes well.
(b) They have nothing to talk about.
(c) It never occurrs.
(d) They are very nervous.
3. After a guard takes the young girl during the riot, what do the females hear?
(a) A train pulling away.
(b) Her tears.
(c) A shot.
(d) Guards yelling.
4. What does Elli learn from the town crier?
(a) All Jews are to wear a yellow cloth star.
(b) All Jews are to stay inside during the day.
(c) Jews are not to shop at the grocery market.
(d) Jews are not to speak to Christians.
5. How does Elli feel as she travels away from Auschwitz?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the start of the book, how does Elli spend her days?
2. Who largely packs for Nagymagyar?
3. How does Bubbi attain good grades in school?
4. How was food distributed at Auschwitz?
5. Why does a girl have blood running down her leg?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is ironic about the guards telling the prisoners to leave their possessions on the cattle cars?
2. What do Elli, her family, and other Jews do when they arrive at the ghetto?
3. Describe Laura's "lack of affection."
4. Why does Dr. Mengele tell Laura that Elli needs her more than Aunt Serene does?
5. What does Elli's father spend his last night doing before he leaves for a labor camp, and what does this tell readers about him?
6. What is Bubi's relationship with other people?
7. What happens to the prisoners when they arrive at Auschwitz?
8. What is Laura's fear as she and Elli leave Auschwitz?
9. What is Elli's fear as she and Laura leave Auschwitz the first time?
10. What honesty does the chapter "Teen Vanity" bring to the book?
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)