|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do other boys react to Bubi's attitude concerning his yellow star?
(a) Other boys give Bubi money.
(b) Other boys pick up Bubi's attitude.
(c) Other boys warn Bubi about his dangerous attitude.
(d) Other boys shy away from Bubi.
2. At the start of the book, how does Elli spend her days?
(a) Sitting at home with her mother.
(b) In typical pursuits of young girls of her age.
(c) Helping her father at the restaurant.
(d) Reading and writing for school.
3. How does Bubi react to the news from the town crier?
(a) Bubi shops at the grocery market.
(b) Bubi proudly creates a star.
(c) Bubi goes out during the day.
(d) Bubi speaks to Christians.
4. Under what conditions does Elli leave her school?
(a) With her classmates crying.
(b) With a graduation party.
(c) With taunts referring to her Jewish background.
(d) With little notice.
5. As Bubi leaves his mother at Auschwitz, what does she see?
(a) Another prisoner takes his food.
(b) A SS guard knocks him down.
(c) Bubi is starting to cry.
(d) Bubi takes off his shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. After a guard takes the young girl during the riot, what do the females hear?
2. Where does Jancsi want to meet Elli?
3. How does Bubbi's father react when he sees the story later in the papers?
4. What do Elli and her mother do with their first serving of food at Auschwitz?
5. When Elli sees her reflection on June 3, what is her reaction?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Bubi's relationship with other people?
2. What does Elli's father spend his last night doing before he leaves for a labor camp, and what does this tell readers about him?
3. What do Elli, her family, and other Jews do when they arrive at the ghetto?
4. How do Hindi, Suri Schreiber, and Aunt Celia help Laura and Elli on their first day at Auschwitz?
5. What happens to the prisoners when they arrive at Auschwitz?
6. At the start of her story, how do Elli's actions as her life starts to change indirectly describe her?
7. Why do soldiers make members of the ghetto surrender all books, documents, and photos?
8. Why does Elli and her mother go to the cemetery before leaving for the ghetto?
9. What honesty does the chapter "Teen Vanity" bring to the book?
10. Why does Dr. Mengele tell Laura that Elli needs her more than Aunt Serene does?
This section contains 1,087 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)