|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bubbi attain good grades in school?
(a) He doesn't make good grades.
(b) He does extra work.
(c) He constantly studies.
(d) He doesn't study.
2. Where does Jancsi want to meet Elli?
(a) A deli.
(b) His home.
(c) The library.
(d) The synagogue.
3. Why does a girl have blood running down her leg?
(a) She started her period.
(b) She hurt herself at work.
(c) She cut her leg.
(d) A guard shot her.
4. Where do Laura and Elli visit before they traveled to Nagymagyar?
(a) The synogogue.
(b) The river.
(c) The cemetery.
(d) The school.
5. How does Elli's planned meeting with Jansci occur?
(a) It goes well.
(b) They have nothing to talk about.
(c) It never occurrs.
(d) They are very nervous.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Bonnie and Elli go to swim?
2. What does Aunt Celia do on June 9 and 10?
3. What do Marta Kalman and her mother bring Elli?
4. After their showers at Auschwitz, what do Elli and her mother desperately want?
5. What happens to the women in the showers at Auschwitz?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Laura's "lack of affection."
2. What happens to the prisoners when they arrive at Auschwitz?
3. What is the irony of Laura's excitement about moving to a work camp?
4. Why does Aunt Serena become so agitated the night before they leave for work camp?
5. Why does Elli and her mother go to the cemetery before leaving for the ghetto?
6. Why do the guards hit the women who bring blankets outside?
7. Why do soldiers make members of the ghetto surrender all books, documents, and photos?
8. At the start of her story, how do Elli's actions as her life starts to change indirectly describe her?
9. What does the new rule that Jews are not to socialize at all with Christians do to Elli and her family?
10. How do Hindi, Suri Schreiber, and Aunt Celia help Laura and Elli on their first day at Auschwitz?
This section contains 1,054 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)